PDA

View Full Version : Who else is time warping?

RazorMonkey
11-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Seriously I swear I boot up to play "just one or two hours of AC4 Black Flag" and over six evaporate like it was one hour.

I cant believe this! Im a freakin' time traveller ........... wheres my Tardis!?? :p

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Dudee! Same!

Everytime I play I'm like "1 more hour, its 1 am". It hits 2am and I find other things I want to do. I stay up to like 3am playing this game, its ruining my life.

Cosmic_Rooster
11-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Same here, serious sleep deprivation. What a truly wonderful gaming experience :)

hoju74
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Same here. I've been dragging all week at work due to staying up too late playing.

RazorMonkey
11-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Same here. I've been dragging all week at work due to staying up too late playing.

Hahah Im glad Im not the only one, I'll need to set an alarm I feel... talk about falling asleep in my office :(

Rithrius
11-11-2013, 08:35 PM
It's because grinding for materials/money takes so long in this game. You get the same effect in MMO games.

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I've taken to setting my phone alarm when I need to stop and have been really good about actually stopping when it goes off, not hitting the snooze a couple dozen times. Pretty pathetic. LOL :p

hoju74
11-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Productive weekend....of AC4.

I got the templar armor, Jackdaw almost fully upgraded, and 2 legendary ships defeated.

RazorMonkey
11-11-2013, 09:16 PM
^ ^^ hah nice, yeah seems Im always grinding... I get a load of cash and go spend it.. then I have to re-grind. garrr!

hoju74
11-11-2013, 09:25 PM
^ ^^ hah nice, yeah seems Im always grinding... I get a load of cash and go spend it.. then I have to re-grind. garrr!

LOL...I've got to the point where I barely board ships now. There's enough large ships in the southern part of the map it's quicker to just sink them and sift through the wreckage.

lothario-da-be
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
I think ac4 is the game i played the most in the shortest time! You realy have to force yourself to stop playing. Truly an amazing game.

RazorMonkey
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
LOL...I've got to the point where I barely board ships now. There's enough large ships in the southern part of the map it's quicker to just sink them and sift through the wreckage.

Oh thank fook for that! Im still in the northern area... Im a grinding fool :(

Hey question:.... where do you find all the ships carrying the metal?? Its the thing I need the most all the time!

phoenix-force411
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
It's addicting to find so much to do, and then come across bugged missions...ruins your day...

hoju74
11-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh that fook for that! Im still in the northern area... Im a grinding fool :(

Hey question:.... where do you find all the ships carrying the metal?? Its the thing I need the most all the time!

The bigger ships have the metal...brigs/frigates/man-o-wars. It seems there's a lot of these in the south part of the map or near forts. I did a bit of grinding, but I really love the naval aspect of this game so it's not really a chore to me :)

FadedEcho
11-11-2013, 09:57 PM
I have a midterm I've needed to study for since Friday.

Yep. Haven't touched a book.

RazorMonkey
11-11-2013, 10:40 PM
It's addicting to find so much to do, and then come across bugged missions...ruins your day...

bagged >>???

MIA SILENT
11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
It's taken me about 60 hours to get 100%

I play with the intention of long sessions though, so no time warping here.

hoju74
11-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I find myself always putting off the story to do more side activities. I'm averaging about 2-3 story mission per play session.

RazorMonkey
11-12-2013, 09:22 AM
I find myself always putting off the story to do more side activities. I'm averaging about 2-3 story mission per play session.

Heck Im lucky if I get one done :(

I need to quit all the side tracking and get to the story, its just theres soo much going on all over the place..... and I want a **** load of money! :(

Dragula
11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
lol i got to a mission that said you might want to upgrade the jackdaw before continuing so.. i fully upgraded the ship and ended up taking all forts and discovering all islands i could at the time, i get side tracked so easy on assassins creed games, also, since ive been able to take on man o wars with not much hassle ive got 2000 wood 2000 cloth and just over 1000 metal now, i just like fighting them even though i dont really need materials anymore

pacmanate
11-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Heck Im lucky if I get one done :(

I need to quit all the side tracking and get to the story, its just theres soo much going on all over the place..... and I want a **** load of money! :(

Well I played through Story "normally". In the sense that I would do side missions if they appeared or whatever, along with random ship battles and by the end of the story I was only missing 4 Jackdaw upgrades. You really need to unlock the southern part of the map because thats where the Man o Wars are. You need them for your fleet, the fleet generates money.

misterB2001
11-12-2013, 11:13 AM
The world is so full of entertaining side content. I usually plough through the story first, complete it and then do all the side content on a second playthrough, if I can be bothered.

AC3 took me 6 days to complete.
AC4 took me 14.

I've been so engrossed in the side stuff, it took me 12,hours just to complete sequences 12 & 13.

Great stuff.

SenseHomunculus
11-12-2013, 02:39 PM

The boarding is my favorite part, still!! Especially the higher-level men-o-war. I freaking love it.