PDA

View Full Version : Edward on dlc?

deadlyh1tAC
11-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Freedom cry looks pretty good but i have not that much interest playing as Adawale! any dlc will come out with Edward?

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Not that has been announced so probably most likely not.

CookiesAreK
11-08-2013, 09:26 AM
In my opinion, I find it would be hard for Ubisoft to create an Edward DLC due to the fact after the main storyline, Edward retires 3 years after the previous events. The neat surprise during the ending of the game was nice enough for me and left no questions to be answered. I feel as if anything before Edward becomes a privateer would be boring since being a pirate is the REAL fun :)

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:39 AM
In my opinion, I find it would be hard for Ubisoft to create an Edward DLC due to the fact after the main storyline, Edward retires 3 years after the previous events. The neat surprise during the ending of the game was nice enough for me and left no questions to be answered. I feel as if anything before Edward becomes a privateer would be boring since being a pirate is the REAL fun :)

Darby did tweet that he would like to explore the next 10 years of Edwards life and Connors middle age (not sure if exact quote). I personally would love another Edward game just cause I am intrigued at how having a family and being an Assassin affects his life. Family gets put in danger maybe by templars, the lengths he has to go too to get them back, forces him to retire to keep his family safe? In my eyes that would be really cool too see, a furious Edward, now a trained Assassin focusing on getting his Family back.

Then again, I like only having one protag per game, it leaves room for your own stories to happen in your head.

deadlyh1tAC
11-08-2013, 12:02 PM
actually if they wanted to release a new dlc with edward i dont think the ending could stop them :P they just dont want to!

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 12:06 PM
actually if they wanted to release a new dlc with edward i dont think the ending could stop them :P they just dont want to!
hehe. This.

They could retcon Forsaken as much as they want to!

Personally I'd love an Edward DLC. Who knows, maybe in the future.

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Freedom cry looks pretty good but i have not that much interest playing as Adawale! any dlc will come out with Edward?

Really?? Did you see the trailer for it? Ade looks like a freaking badass!!!

guardian_titan
11-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Adewalé looked no more badass in that trailer than Edward did in his, or Connor, or Ezio, or Altair. Even Aveline. The DLC is 3 hours long ... supposedly. How much can there really be in it? There probably 20 minutes of cutscenes, if that, which isn't really that much to further develop his character. Adewalé just doesn't look that appealing to me so I'm holding my judgement until it's actually released. I would've rather had DLC going into Edward's early years married to Tessa, how he gets involved with Reginald, really how he became an Assassin (since it looks like he really wasn't one at the end of AC4) than Adewalé who's likely buried and forgotten once AC5 comes out. Edward could've tracked down Woodes Rogers and killed him in the DLC rather than just leaving that loose thread untied. I got fooled by Aveline's AC4 missions by the trailer. I thought there were more to it judging from the trailer and was rather disappointed. Glad I watched a walkthrough on it first. I'm being very skeptical on Adewalé as a result, though.

Are people really interested in Adewalé because of his personality, design, or because he's something "new"? Change him to a blonde Norwegian and would people be so interested? About about a brunet Jew? A tiny Chinese? Change his appearance to anything else and is he just as interesting? I have to wonder if the only reason people find him interesting is because he was a skave. Being a slave isn't much of a background, though. It's no different from Connor's. Both had backgrounds that result in them getting discriminated against their entire lives. Something neither could change about themselves. Adewalé and Connor are very similar when you really look at them. And yet people are clamoring for Adewalé?

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Adewalé looked no more badass in that trailer than Edward did in his, or Connor, or Ezio, or Altair. Even Aveline.
Please stop comparing these characters they're all different in their own right.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Please stop comparing these characters they're all different in their own right.Why can't he/she compare them? Of course they're different that doesn't mean you can't compare them in a trait they all share, being badass.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 07:45 PM
You don't like Adewale? you prefer a white blonde character to him?

*cough*racist*cough*

did I say racist??

On a serious note, I think Edward's done...we don't need to see anymore of him...Nothing else to tell...his and Haytham's stories are basically brought full circle with AC IV, Forsaken, BF the novel and AC III...

SenseHomunculus
11-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Are people really interested in Adewalé because of his personality, design, or because he's something "new"? Change him to a blonde Norwegian and would people be so interested? About about a brunet Jew? A tiny Chinese? Change his appearance to anything else and is he just as interesting? I have to wonder if the only reason people find him interesting is because he was a skave. Being a slave isn't much of a background, though. It's no different from Connor's. Both had backgrounds that result in them getting discriminated against their entire lives. Something neither could change about themselves. Adewalé and Connor are very similar when you really look at them. And yet people are clamoring for Adewalé?

Yes, his backstory is interesting to me because he was an escaped slave. And yes, Connor's backstory interested me too, but then they spent way too much time forcing you to play as the young Connor that I got tired of him, and he turned out to be such a ***** when he grew up that I lost interest.

deadlyh1tAC
11-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Lol i never sayed i don't like him i just don't havet he interest of playing him as much as edward

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Lol i never sayed i don't like him i just don't havet he interest of playing him as much as edward
Honestly to which that tells me you're somewhat biased by the color of Adéwale's skin.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Honestly to which that tells me you're somewhat biased by the color of Adéwale's skin.Are you serious?

If so that's not even funny, it's just stupid.

EaglePrince25
11-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Honestly to which that tells me you're somewhat biased by the color of Adéwale's skin.

What? That's idiotic. I also prefer Edward and don't find Adewale to be an interesting character at all, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the skin color of either. I also preferred Connor over Haytham, and that also had nothing to do with ethnicity at all. And the fact I also preferred Connor over Aveline doesn't mean i'm gender biased either.

deadlyh1tAC
11-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Dude i like him as character he looks badass i oam not racist! I also prefer edward than connor that makes me racist on native americans?

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Whatever you want to tell yourself so you can sleep tonight. I'm in it for the story, not the color of someone's skin. I would have liked to play as Haytham when he was indoctrinated into the Orders of both Templar and Assassins. Would have been a good story. I also can't wait for Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD to come out.

CockneyCharmer
11-09-2013, 08:33 PM
There is so much more of a story to tell with Edward. Having just completed the SP Story, there is a hint at what he was going to do next, there is the gap between Edward and Haytham that can easily be told and I agree, seeing more about how Haytham became a Templar etc who did Edward father Haytham with etc

I personally am very much looking forward to exploring the Adawale story in Freedom Cry, it will be very interesting to see how Adawale becomes an Assassin and what he will do once he leaves Edward's side during the SP Story

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2013, 08:38 PM
There is so much more of a story to tell with Edward. Having just completed the SP Story, there is a hint at what he was going to do next, there is the gap between Edward and Haytham that can easily be told and I agree, seeing more about how Haytham became a Templar etc who did Edward father Haytham with etc

I personally am very much looking forward to exploring the Adawale story in Freedom Cry, it will be very interesting to see how Adawale becomes an Assassin and what he will do once he leaves Edward's side during the SP Story
Dang skippy. I love the story of AC. I have a problem with a lot of things where I HAVE to know more. I HAVE to know what happens after. I HAVE to know how someone ends.

I'm gonna be all up on Freedom Cry when it's released just to know what Adéwalé is up to, what he is doing during the lapse when he ceased being Edward's quartermaster and Anne Bonny was Edward's quartermaster. I also wanna see how good that huge machete is rofl and that big ol' blunderbuss Adéwalé used in the trailer.

MnemonicSyntax
11-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Whatever you want to tell yourself so you can sleep tonight. I'm in it for the story, not the color of someone's skin. I would have liked to play as Haytham when he was indoctrinated into the Orders of both Templar and Assassins. Would have been a good story. I also can't wait for Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD to come out.

Haytham was never an Assassin.

Also, I see no markings of anyone being "racist" here. If you reread the thread, others are saying that for "being in the story", it's certainly not enough time to establish one in under three hours of gameplay.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:07 AM
I was really excited to play FREEDOM CRY before getting the game but now that I did play the game, I felt like he’s too damn irrelevant to have his own story. It came out of nowhere just like the Tyranny of King Washington except that this one is just an attempt to see people’s reaction towards the first black assassin so as not to be called Racists Creed, LOL.

MnemonicSyntax
11-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I was really excited to play FREEDOM CRY before getting the game but now that I did play the game, I felt like he’s too damn irrelevant to have his own story. It came out of nowhere just like the Tyranny of King Washington except that this one is just an attempt to see people’s reaction towards the first black assassin so as not to be called Racists Creed, LOL.

Aveline was black. :p