PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Endgame" Outfit in the AC Series?

Wolfmeister1010
11-08-2013, 04:21 AM
What is your favorite "endgame" outfit in the AC series. I mean like the outfit that requires multiple missions to get and is of the highest significance in the game.

Even though it is quite ironic, I think the templar armor looks absolutely fabulous on Edward, even with the absence of the hood.

I am also including the Mayan outfit because it required a lot of collectables and work. The mayan outfit is cool, but not something I would wear for much of the game, like the raiden outfit from brotherhood.

I love Altair's armor, and HATE the armor of brutus as well as the ishaak pasha armor.

I really liked the Achilles outfit, but it was set back a bit from lack of quiver showing

AdamPearce
11-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Altair armor <3

But my favorite outfit of all time is probably the Ratohnhake:ton's. UNfortunetely to lazy devs' did not find usefull to include it in the main game >.<

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Uhh... none of them.

I always stick with the original robes most of the time. In AC4 I can see myself using the brown cloak addition to Edward's robes every once in a while to mix it up.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Achilles' outfit. The lack of quiver didn't bother me, mostly because in the headcanon I made to compensate for the bow being terrible and buggy, Connor stopped using the bow after he became assimilated into colonist society in favor of guns, but kept the bow for sentimental reasons.

I tend to make pointless and convoluted headcanons :nonchalance:

But I also liked Altair's armor. Haven't gotten Templar or Mayan armor yet, but if they don't have holsters, that's... kind of annoying.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Altair armor <3

But my favorite outfit of all time is probably the Ratohnhake:ton's. UNfortunetely to lazy devs' did not find usefull to include it in the main game >.<

Ratohnhake:ton's outfit was cool that true....

LintonMildone
11-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Connor stopped using the bow after he became assimilated into colonist society in favor of guns, but kept the bow for sentimental reasons.

I may not be of Native American descent (not that I'm aware of) but I still find this offensive some how.

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Achilles' outfit. The lack of quiver didn't bother me, mostly because in the headcanon I made to compensate for the bow being terrible and buggy, Connor stopped using the bow after he became assimilated into colonist society in favor of guns, but kept the bow for sentimental reasons.

I tend to make pointless and convoluted headcanons :nonchalance:

But I also liked Altair's armor. Haven't gotten Templar or Mayan armor yet, but if they don't have holsters, that's... kind of annoying.

Templar armor doesn't have a hood if I recall correctly, which sucks because the rest of the outfit looks pretty good. But then again it doesn't really look like a hood would fit into that outfit... but THEN AGAIN I love the assassin hood.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 06:20 AM
I may not be of Native American descent (not that I'm aware of) but I still find this offensive some how.

Then you seriously need to chill the hell out. Native Americans used bows, colonists used guns. Not sure what planet you'd have to be from to find that offensive.

guardian_titan
11-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Altair's armor for me despite Connor being my favorite. I liked the contrast. Brutus and Pasha were way too bulky for me so I hated the looks. But if I had to pick best overall outfit, the real Captain of the Aquila outfit (not the DLC one). The DLC one looked too pompous. Just needed a white powdered wig instead of the hat. :p

Possible explanation on Connor's future bow use:
Chances are Connor wouldn't have given up the bow early on, but since it's likely he became more and more integrated into American culture due to the absence of his own people's influence, he probably gave it up later in his life. Possibly after 1800. There's also the fact arthritis and other ailments might have forced him to give it up. Bow strings aren't the kindest to the fingers, and New England winters aren't kind to the joints, either. There were several heavy snow storms in the 1780s due to volcanic eruptions in Iceland and ... don't recall the other. Think it was in Africa. There was a particularly bad snowstorm in 1784. I read a report from that year saying the snow reached roofs. That over several years and you can't say your joints won't be feeling it regardless of your age. There's also the fact that Connor's a warrior and hunter. His hands are constantly getting knocked about. Injury will eventually take its toll on his joints. Look at cowboys or jockeys. After years of riding horses, their legs end up bowed. They can never walk straight again. Possible due to injury, age, and cold, Connor might have difficulty closing his hands in his later years.

Bugs me a bit that injuries don't really seem to affect the characters, especially those that are supposedly long lasting. Ezio whines a bit about his back in Brotherhood and Revelations but doesn't affect him in the slightest beyond the one random line in both games. Haytham mentions his stomach injury in Forsaken but yet it never seems to affect him any in AC3, either. He does comment about his age and hoping he can keep up with Connor as well in the book, but again, no inkling of that in AC3 outside of him telling Connor to play fetch and asking for his help to fight. :p Connor's now got a similar injury and that will likely not phase him any, either. Would be nice to at least see an idle of their hands rubbing the spot where the wound was from time to time and maybe a flinch on the face. Something that suggests they're not Superman. They're human.

Rant on Native American treatment:
Native Americans were basically forced to assimilate by the 1830s or either be killed or moved to a reservation. My great-great-great-grandmother was a Cherokee. As far as I know, she lived in Kentucky roughly around the time of the Civil War so thus after the Trail of Tears. Not sure when she was born although 1850s to 1860s is my best guess. I know very little on her except her name was Mary, and given she lived in Kentucky after the Trail of Tears, either she was part of one of the few Native American families to stay east of the Mississippi because they assimilated or she was part of one of the families that managed to sneak back to their homes after the Trail of Tears. Her name is rather telling, though. If her family sneaked back, I doubt she would've been named Mary. From a genetic standpoint, you wouldn't even know I was part Cherokee. From my great-grandmother on down, we've been primarily blonde. No hint of the dark hair and eyes she would've had. Even more interesting, my great-grandmother, Mary's granddaughter, had natural white hair. married a redheaded man, and had my grandfather and his siblings who were all blondes. She only died a few years ago at around age 90. Her mother was a pretty vicious woman who was pro-slavery despite slavery being outlawed before she was born. She died not long before I was born. No idea if she was Mary's daughter. Never bothered to look honestly. If my great-grandmother's father was Mary's son, then my great-great-grandmother must have unknowingly married a half Native American given her attitude toward Africans. If she was the half Native American ... then I'm really glad I never knew her. I'm happy either way, frankly.

History was not kind to the Native Americans. Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren are certainly Templar candidates given what they did to the tribes. Washington burned them out of their homes before he became President and then resorted to semi more peaceful methods. Jefferson was interested in the culture but didn't do much to help them. Madison seemed like he wanted to help but didn't do enough. He wanted to protect the tribes and actually met with them regularly unlike most other Presidents. He actually had the military protect the various tribes against settlers much to Jackson's annoyance. But Madison eventually lost that debate and Jackson won. Part of that conflict led into the native tribes siding with the British and Canadians in the War of 1812. Monroe ... was pro-slavery so not much to say on him although he made some effort not to be a jerk toward the native tribes. John Quincy Adams also apparently tried to help the tribes only to meet backlash from the white population. Jackson pretty much eradicated everything Adams, Madison, and Monroe did while in office and Van Buren finished it.

I diss Washington to a degree, but I found out a few months ago via my aunt doing some research I'm actually related to him on my paternal grandmother's side. Distant cousin named Faith Washington. Born 1700 apparently. Name caught me as interesting. So got Mary on my paternal grandfather's side and Washington on my paternal grandmother's. Bit ironic given Washington's burning habit. Still don't support the guy much. I know a good many Presidents are related to Washington making me related to a good chunk of them, too. Can't say I'm overly thrilled knowing what a good many of them did.

It's rather interesting what you can find buried in your family tree. Some interesting tidbits and a few skeletons you'd much rather keep buried. Unfortunately, this has been true of much of Native American and African American history. Desmond likely never knew he had a Native American in his tree. Possibly William never knew, either. Although given neither seem to be surprised about Connor's mother ... possible they did know although begs the question how. Seems a good many today can barely name their great-grandparents let alone ancestors from 200 years ago. My dad didn't find out about Mary until he went researching our family. No one really knew about her. Seems no one wanted to know. Given how the natives were treated, can't say I'm surprised. Just look at African Americans. There were laws for the longest time that stated if you had even a single drop of African blood, you were African and thus subject to segregation laws. A LOT of people hid that, especially if they could pass for white. Makes me wonder how many families have African blood today but aren't aware of it.

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Voted Brutus cause everyone always *****es about it.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Altair's one was my favourite, hated most of the others, Achilles was alright though.

GreatBeyonder
11-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Worth noting that Altair's armor is the canon choice for ACII's end and the store-bought Seusenhofer armor (name escapes me) is canon for ACB's end. In ACR, I genuinely prefer the Master Assassin's armor, or even the Sepahi armor instead. For ACIII, I just stick to the standard white uniform. The mohawk and warpaint are stylish enough. For Black Flag... I quite like how the Templar Armor matches Edward's 'man of quality and master of the house' dream, but it doesn't work so well for the endgame...

I have to go with Altair;s armor hands down.

monteiro416
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I too went with Altair's armor. The others were way too bulky, except for Achilles', which just seemed to look odd on Connor for some reason.

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 11:24 AM
AC3 Achilles outfit. I really wish you could get it earlier in the game, I'd wear it all the time. Alta´r's armor was okay, the others I don't care about. (Haven't seen AC4's yet.)

DisbandedBox359
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Voted Brutus cause everyone always *****es about it.

Same haha, plus kind of like it

Would of voted Mayan but no hood :(

DevoutSeeker32
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
A tie between Armor of Altair and Achilles original robes for me.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Hard to vote because I liked both the Altair Armor outfit & Achilles Original Assassin Robes.

I wish this poll was multiple choice. My least favorite outfit is Armour Of Brutus.

EaglePrince25
11-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Armor of Altair hands down. Really, it's the only Armor/Outfit that once I get it, I prefer it over the regular outfits/armors available. Armor of Brutus was alright, but not much better than the Master Assassin Robes you're already wearing. Ishaak Pasha looked cool, but also far too bulky. And in the case of ACR, the robes he has on at the start are perfect as they are, with maybe only a color change needed. Connor I left in his regulard assassin robes, because he has the best ones out of all protagonists, easily. Any other outfit he could wear was a downgrade in my opinion. Edward I never actually even obtained the other outfits for, because i've played the game once so far, and didn't want to take the time doing too many side quests. Mayan outfit looked cool though.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
...Connor I left in his regulard assassin robes, because he has the best ones out of all protagonists...
Agreed! :)

I also liked Connor's ToKW outift & Captain of The Aquila outfit - he looked dapper wearing that outfit. :)

DisbandedBox359
11-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Agreed! :)

I also liked Connor's ToKW outift & Captain of The Aquila outfit - he looked dapper wearing that outfit. :)

I always went to the colour change of the Boston outfit thought it looked great

PandaPuff86
11-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Its a tie for me between Altair's armor and Achilles outfit. Love them both.

Speaking of outfits, Edward's wardrobe is the sexist I have ever seen....:p

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:32 AM
Altair's armor...they never managed to produce anything else as perfect...Achilles outfit was close

TheElderSons
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Mayan outfit is the ****. I love it a lot for some reason. Lack of a hood is lame, but the outfit itself is epic beyond compare.

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Oo yey my old thread

Locopells
06-19-2014, 12:20 AM
*blows dust off thread*

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Altair's Armor.

Only one I bothered to get since it was so close by and there wasn't much to do.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 06:01 AM
Altairs.

Brutus... I hated the skirt.

Ishaak is decent.

Achilles outfit looks bad on Connor.. he's too bulky for it.

I hate both of AC4's outfits imo they look awful. Especially the Mayan though,, terrible.

sem1rek
06-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Altair's and Ishak Pasha's armor.

killzab
06-19-2014, 07:45 AM
It seems like the devs aren't even trying anymore with final outfits... though I liked Achilles' outfit. But the AC4 ones ... OMG ...

pirate1802
06-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Atleast they weren't like Brutus' 'outfit'. I took one look at it and laughed away. Whilst I used the Templar outfit a lot.

TheElderSons
06-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Why all the hate for the Mayan outfit? I really, really liked it. It looks really good, and the bullet deflection is awesome.

pirate1802
06-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Why all the hate for the Mayan outfit? I really, really liked it. It looks really good, and the bullet deflection is awesome.

cuz zis otfat haz nu hod so iz nut asashiny enuf!

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 03:54 PM

Cause you look like some metal ****** in it.

I couldn't care less what ability it has, it could give me 99999999 reales every 5 minutes, upgrade my ship into a ghost pirate ship, add 50 more islands and Florida to the map and STILL I wouldn't wear it because I despise it's design.

Kakuzu745
06-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I cant believe the armor of Brutus does not have more votes...or the Ishaak Pasha...those two were easily my favorite ones :S

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I cant believe the armor of Brutus does not have more votes...or the Ishaak Pasha...those two were easily my favorite ones :S

Hated Ezio's man skirt with Brutus.

I always used Master Assassin armor instead of Ishaak.

steveeire
06-19-2014, 04:23 PM
What is with the necros today.