PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 after credits (spoiler)

yuuupedwin
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
As you all know after the credits you edward kenway with his daughter and son, Haythem, at the opera, the same opera as in the beginning of AC 3. But we never knew who the man whas that got killed by Haythem at AC 3 . Could this be Edward???? Haythems father, the way they talk to each other in AC 3 seems like they got a pretty good bond with each other. So could it be that Haythem killed his own father?!!?!? There must be a reason why they showed us the opera scene!

What do you guys think of this theory?

guardian_titan
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM
1.) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!
2.) Read Forsaken. The guy Haytham kills at the beginning of AC3 at the Opera is an assassin named Miko. Edward died in 1735 which is also in Forsaken. The guy Haytham chats to before he kills Miko also had a fairly significant role in Forsaken and is Reginald Birch. He's the reason behind Edward's death.

If you don't want to read Forsaken, read the wikipedia entries for Haytham and Edward.

yuuupedwin
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
1.) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!
2.) Read Forsaken. The guy Haytham kills at the beginning of AC3 at the Opera is an assassin named Miko. Edward died in 1735 which is also in Forsaken. The guy Haytham chats to before he kills Miko also had a fairly significant role in Forsaken and is Reginald Birch. He's the reason behind Edward's death.

If you don't want to read Forsaken, read the wikipedia entries for Haytham and Edward.

Ah thank you for tip, I didnt read Forsaken so this clears alot up for me, ty for the reply was just a little theory of mine :)

DisbandedBox359
11-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Does anyone else think that

the guy trying to introduce himself to Jenny at the end of AC4 could be Birch?

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Does anyone else think that

the guy trying to introduce himself to Jenny at the end of AC4 could be Birch?

That's what I thought right away when watching that scene.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
That's what I thought right away when watching that scene.

He seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't place it.

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 11:22 PM
He seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't place it.

I read Forsaken just before the game's release so I just happened to have him on my mind.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 11:24 PM
I read Forsaken just before the game's release so I just happened to have him on my mind.

I mean his physical appearance though, I still can't place it but I swear I've seen the dude before, I guess it must have been at the beginning of AC3. It can't have been in there for no reason.

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I mean his physical appearance though, I still can't place it but I swear I've seen the dude before, I guess it must have been at the beginning of AC3. It can't have been in there for no reason.

Oh, perhaps! I really don't remember how he looks. But I feel like I've played AC3 enough times to have recognized Birch. But this would have been a younger Birch so perhaps I wouldn't have recognized him then.

monsterroc
11-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I doubt it's birch. If you read forsaken birch only starts to "ask Jenny out" in forsaken and besides birch is too old to be this young man only 10 years earlier. Haytham certainly didn't change at all in AC3 from when we met him in the opera to when he gets killed by connor. His hair goes a bit grey and that's about it.

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I doubt it's birch. If you read forsaken birch only starts to "ask Jenny out" in forsaken and besides birch is too old to be this young man only 10 years earlier. Haytham certainly didn't change at all in AC3 from when we met him in the opera to when he gets killed by connor. His hair goes a bit grey and that's about it.

Very good point. I'm guessing the point of that exchange was just to show the player that Edward has Haytham with a new wifey?

guardian_titan
11-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Birch was born in 1710 apparently so is only about 2 years older than Jenny. If the scene was around 1733, he'd only be 23 (and he's only 43 in his cameo in AC3 in 1753). His age at the time fits so it could very well be him. Or just some random guy trying to get her to let him court her. Was mentioned in Forsaken she liked to blow off her suitors. Reginald wasn't the only one trying to get her hand. He was just the most prominent for Haytham likely due to him working with his father.

We do know via Forsaken the first time Haytham meets Reginald was his 8th birthday in 1733 but it was when Edward took the family to White's Chocolate House, not the Opera. But given that Haytham's hair was retconned in that scene as well as the conversation on Jenny's name which wasn't mentioned at all in Forsaken, it's possible White's got ditched for the Beggar's Opera instead to loop it back to AC3's beginning. Who's to say how long Reginald was trying to court Jenny before then and how long he had been working for Edward. Could've been a few years or he was a recent hire. There's no indication of either in Forsaken.

Chances are the guy is meant to be Reginald to not only have the Beggar's Opera be a tie back to AC3's opening but also Reginald. But that's suggest then that either the scene is earlier than 1733 and Reginald does not yet work for Edward, or Reginald entered Edward's employ later on than what's eluded to in Forsaken. Clearly the two don't know each other in the scene or the whole Jennifer Scott thing wouldn't have come up. Does beg the question why a random guy would walk up to a woman and try to talk to her without asking the older man standing next to her if he can speak with his lovely companion first. That's just good etiquette. So Edward certainly had every right to smack the guy and kick him out of the balcony for disrespecting not only him but his daughter. How'd the guy know she wasn't Edward's wife? :rolleyes:

monteiro416
11-08-2013, 03:13 AM
Birch was born in 1710 apparently so is only about 2 years older than Jenny. If the scene was around 1733, he'd only be 23 (and he's only 43 in his cameo in AC3 in 1753). His age at the time fits so it could very well be him. Or just some random guy trying to get her to let him court her. Was mentioned in Forsaken she liked to blow off her suitors. Reginald wasn't the only one trying to get her hand. He was just the most prominent for Haytham likely due to him working with his father.

We do know via Forsaken the first time Haytham meets Reginald was his 8th birthday in 1733 but it was when Edward took the family to White's Chocolate House, not the Opera. But given that Haytham's hair was retconned in that scene as well as the conversation on Jenny's name which wasn't mentioned at all in Forsaken, it's possible White's got ditched for the Beggar's Opera instead to loop it back to AC3's beginning. Who's to say how long Reginald was trying to court Jenny before then and how long he had been working for Edward. Could've been a few years or he was a recent hire. There's no indication of either in Forsaken.

Chances are the guy is meant to be Reginald to not only have the Beggar's Opera be a tie back to AC3's opening but also Reginald. But that's suggest then that either the scene is earlier than 1733 and Reginald does not yet work for Edward, or Reginald entered Edward's employ later on than what's eluded to in Forsaken. Clearly the two don't know each other in the scene or the whole Jennifer Scott thing wouldn't have come up. Does beg the question why a random guy would walk up to a woman and try to talk to her without asking the older man standing next to her if he can speak with his lovely companion first. That's just good etiquette. So Edward certainly had every right to smack the guy and kick him out of the balcony for disrespecting not only him but his daughter. How'd the guy know she wasn't Edward's wife? :rolleyes:

But that would have defeated the purpose of Birch asking Haytham in the beginning of the AC3 if he'd ever seen the opera, no? Birch would have known Haytham had seen it the time he tried to court Jenny for the first time. It's not like Birch would try to keep that meeting a secret from Haytham; he had not done anything wrong then. Why couldn't anyone have asked Darby this in the Reddit chat? :p