PDA

View Full Version : You guys excited about Freedom Cry?

SneakierNote
11-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Do we got a official release date on Freedom Cry yet?
Anyway hope you guys are looking forward to it. Will be awsome on Xbox One or PS4, graphics wise I bet!

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I am very excited. especially for the badassblunderbuss

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm not excited in the least. I learned my lesson when it comes to buying the season pass in AC games. Last time I did that I paid for DLC that I would've NEVER had bought if I knew what it was. AC3's dlc was garbage.

Also have no interest in playing as Adawale, just as I had no interest in playing as animal pelt covered Connor, with or without stupid super powers.

GreatBeyonder
11-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Not sure. I had serious issues with Jill Murray's writing in Liberation, and fear it will be more of the same. Thusfar, it appears to be a prequel to that story... still, I like Adewale, and I already bought the Season Pass, so fingers crossed!

Ashura_77
11-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Just been thinking, could Ade be related to Achilles? Not that it would matter, but the thought crossed my mind...

RzaRecta357
11-08-2013, 01:07 AM
I'm seriously pumped for it. His sword and gun look boss.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 01:10 AM
I would be, but after the disappointment of TOKW and AC's history of mediocre DLC in general I'm a bit leery of it. Adewale is cool, and it looks great in concept, I'm just not sure how well it will be executed. Then again, AC3 itself was a disappointment for me, while AC4 blew me away, so I guess we'll see...

Layytez
11-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Wil I play it ? Yes. Will I pay for it ? No.

Wolfmeister1010
11-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Really? People thought TOKW was a dissapointment? I thought people really liked it because of the random encounters and improved environment

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Really? People thought TOKW was a dissapointment? I thought people really liked it because of the random encounters and improved environment

It was pretty bad.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 03:22 AM

I bought it, played it and for more than $20 for the three episodes - ($29.99 actually without the season pass) - honestly I got the 2 other episodes because I bought the first one, and I guessed it was not that cool for the price. Apparently not so many players did really enjoyed it.... not really.

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 03:25 AM
Looks cool but I probably won't be picking it up as I won't have time to play it. Might just watch it on YouTube.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 05:02 AM

There were like three random events total. Not really enough to be a noteworthy improvement.

But yeah, I thought TOKW was disappointing. The first episode was pretty good, the second was nothing but fetch quests, and the third was probably the most forgettable gaming experience I've had this gen, with a giant un-interactable pyramid taking up a huge chunk of the map... :I Plus, the whole gist of the plot became totally predictable after the second episode. And JESUS was it overpriced. It was essentially 1/2 the price of AC3 for 1/6 of the content. Best thing about the DLC was the outfit IMO, would have preferred to just have it in the main game instead of having to slog through TOKW to play in it.

phoenix-force411
11-08-2013, 05:17 AM
I do want to, but I need to 100% sync story first...

Landruner
11-08-2013, 05:22 AM
There were like three random events total. Not really enough to be a noteworthy improvement.

But yeah, I thought TOKW was disappointing. The first episode was pretty good, the second was nothing but fetch quests, and the third was probably the most forgettable gaming experience I've had this gen, with a giant un-interactable pyramid taking up a huge chunk of the map... :I Plus, the whole gist of the plot became totally predictable after the second episode. And JESUS was it overpriced. It was essentially 1/2 the price of AC3 for 1/6 of the content. Best thing about the DLC was the outfit IMO, would have preferred to just have it in the main game instead of having to slog through TOKW to play in it.

You are right - It was over priced for what it was - Half the price it would have been okay, but to the best of my knowledge, this is actually one the most expensive DLC around. Skyrim DragonBorn was the same price but it was an expansion with a total new world for 25 - 30 hours of gameplay...

pirate1802
11-08-2013, 10:02 AM
TOKW was disappointing because it was not worth the pricetag. I know every game's DLCs are pretty much the same, but when I play through BL2's Tina Tina DLC which provides you about 6 hours of main story and countless other side missions totaling to about 12 hours, and then I play ToKW which is thrice the price of that dlc and many times less content.. I can't help but be disappointed.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Random encounters were minimal.

1st one was good, second was meh, 3rd was more meh.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Just been thinking, could Ade be related to Achilles? Not that it would matter, but the thought crossed my mind...He's not Darby said they didn't do this because it would be really cheesy.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Really? People thought TOKW was a dissapointment? I thought people really liked it because of the random encounters and improved environmentFirst and third one were good but the second one was pure crap.

The random events were terrible.

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm only at sequence 5 of AC4 but i have to say that so far Adewale has been criminally underused, anything that gives him more screen time is very welcomed.

apresmode
11-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I think I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale or if it gets really good reviews. Otherwise, while I'm interested in Ade and wish there was a bit more of him in the main game.

EaglePrince25
11-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Eh, I wasn't really impressed with Adewale. Perhaps if they'd used him more in the main storyline...IDK i'll play the DLC eventually though, just like I did with all the others.

DARTH_GLADIUS595
12-02-2013, 01:55 AM
I hated TOKW specifically the the ending oh and the super powers were bull ****.

DARTH_GLADIUS595
12-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Adewale is more interesting and more pirates than TOKW.

Savage Baird LE
12-02-2013, 02:06 AM
It was pretty bad.
What?! ToKW was some the best AC content I've ever played. Pretty much saved AC3 for me. It may have been overpriced though.

It was much better than The Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive.

Hofner Chris
12-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Very excited!

RoBg03
12-02-2013, 04:59 AM
spoilers ahead

Adewale was way under developed in the game. In fact his main contribution to the story is to abandon edward at long bay when he needed him most. as a result i really didn't care for the character, and don't really care to play as him in the dlc. if it was free i'd play it, but i'm not spending money on lame adewale. i'll probably just watch somebody do a walkthrough on youtube to get the story points. i hope they add some edward missions, but the ending didn't exactly lend itself to that, but who knows right?

LoyalACFan
12-02-2013, 05:28 AM
What?! ToKW was some the best AC content I've ever played. Pretty much saved AC3 for me. It may have been overpriced though.

It was much better than The Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive.

Da Vinci Disappearance and Lost Archive were stains on the integrity of the entire franchise. Being better than them isn't much of an accomplishment.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2013, 05:31 AM
Adewale was way under developed in the game. In fact his main contribution to the story is to abandon edward at long bay when he needed him most. as a result i really didn't care for the character, and don't really care to play as him in the dlc. if it was free i'd play it, but i'm not spending money on lame adewale. i'll probably just watch somebody do a walkthrough on youtube to get the story points. i hope they add some edward missions, but the ending didn't exactly lend itself to that, but who knows right?

Agreed. Just like Connor, Adewale is a character who showed a ton of potential, but it was wasted in AC4. I'm still hoping for a full Connor game (one that he doesn't have to share with Haytham and every freaking event of the American Revolution) to remedy this for him, but I don't think a nine-mission DLC is enough to salvage Adewale.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Agreed. Just like Connor, Adewale is a character who showed a ton of potential, but it was wasted in AC4. I'm still hoping for a full Connor game (one that he doesn't have to share with Haytham and every freaking event of the American Revolution) to remedy this for him, but I don't think a nine-mission DLC is enough to salvage Adewale.

Virtually every character was underdeveloped. Like Stede Bonnet, who had a big part in the first few sequences, but then was conpletely forgotten about. Nobody even said anything about his dramatic death in 1718.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Virtually every character was underdeveloped. Like Stede Bonnet, who had a big part in the first few sequences, but then was conpletely forgotten about. Nobody even said anything about his dramatic death in 1718.

I think I would have to take a break from life in general if I witnessed poor Stede being "hanged by the neck until dead" .

jetlee2777
12-02-2013, 06:12 AM
Well the TOKW was ok to play,the Da Vinci Disappearance was nice and the Lost Archive DLC was completly disappointed for me.(as I hated it to play in the ego perspective,and then all the time only with a stupid Animus brick.

Anyway eventhough Iīam a bit excited to play that new Freedom Cry DLC you guys should NEVER forgot that itīs just a like the name is saying a downloadable content no more no less.

Pretty much a little part or piece from the whole story that somehow also didnīt make itīs way through the "final game".

Thatīs why they were selling it to make extra money with it,which probably explain it a little bit way they are overpriced as many developers lives from there game and there dlcs or others just from their avatars,designs etc. that they are selling in the Ps store.

So fact is that you should never expect to much from a dlc,cause eventhough theyīre saying that the gameplay will take about an 1 hour it could still be that you can finish it even half of the time if yourīre a good player.

Virtually every character was underdeveloped

@Wolfmeister1010 Thatīs true e.g. Blackbeard and those other legendary pirates,but esp. also for me Anne Bonny.

As I really actually wanted to see more from her,but she didnīt play a "main" part at all in the story and also they never mentioned in the game what happened to her and her baby,as we know if we read her story/live in the internet she was pregnant.

Regards,

jetlee2777

P:S.But I canīt wait to see the five new multiplayer character,esp. I like the idea that you can play as Blackbeard but to bad only that you canīt play as Adewale in the multiplayer.

I mean this would be great imo.

ProletariatPleb
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
"Are you excited for a what is likely a very short DLC that doesn't matter?"

Uh...no.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:21 AM

Uh...no.

I think we might get naval free-roam, though. Still, I can't believe companies release **** as short as nine missions and charge half the price of the retail game. It's daylight robbery, and yet I will still end up buying it.

roostersrule2
12-02-2013, 06:29 AM
I think we might get naval free-roam, though. Still, I can't believe companies release **** as short as nine missions and charge half the price of the retail game. It's daylight robbery, and yet I will still end up buying it.And for a DLC about the unfair treating of man, this is unfair treating of man.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:32 AM
And for a DLC about the unfair treating of man, this is unfair treating of man.

Indeed. They may as well have us working their executives greenhouse gardens.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
I think I would have to take a break from life in general if I witnessed poor Stede being "hanged by the neck until dead" .

He broke down in tears at the gallows and begged for his life, and the crowd was so moved that they almost cancelled the hanging, but he ended up getting hanged anyway

roostersrule2
12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Indeed. They may as well have us working their executives greenhouse gardens.Yves and his leaves.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:36 AM
Indeed. They may as well have us working their executives greenhouse gardens.

Do not forget that we have san dominique to freeroam. The reason why they are charging a lot and there arent many missions, I think, is because they made the open world very big and packed. I would not be surprised if the DLC allows us to freeroam the city, the surrounding sea, and maybe even some new island locations.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:37 AM
He broke down in tears at the gallows and begged for his life, and the crowd was so moved that they almost cancelled the hanging, but he ended up getting hanged anyway

I don't think I'll sleep again. Everytime I close my eyes I see his rosy, chipmunk face and jolly smile. If only he had the humility to say, he had seen enough for one life.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:39 AM
I don't think I'll sleep again. Everytime I close my eyes I see his rosy, chipmunk face and jolly smile. If only he had the humility to say, he had seen enough for one life.

They dont even mention him at all after his small appearance, but then they have the nerve to insert him at the table in Edward's vision of all his friends at the end, like he was actually a big part of the cast

roostersrule2
12-02-2013, 06:43 AM
They dont even mention him at all after his small appearance, but then they have the nerve to insert him at the table in Edward's vision of all his friends at the end, like he was actually a big part of the castThe nerve? lolol

It's their game they can do what they want.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:43 AM
They dont even mention him at all after his small appearance, but then they have the nerve to insert him at the table in Edward's vision of all his friends at the end, like he was actually a big part of the cast

Edward would have remembered him fondly though, and if he wasn't there it would have made even less sense. Now why Rackham was there I don't know.

I can understand Vane, since he went mad and wasn't the same person he was before, but Rackham was just a complete asshat.

jetlee2777
12-02-2013, 06:47 AM

Uh...no.

Well at least I want to know,how the story goes on with Adewale.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Edward would have remembered him fondly though, and if he wasn't there it would have made even less sense. Now why Rackham was there I don't know.

I can understand Vane, since he went mad and wasn't the same person he was before, but Rackham was just a complete asshat.

Remember when infiltrating the kingston fort he saw his body, and he said that although he was an ******* and a bad friend, he was weird and jolly and made Edward laugh, and that was enough to make him sorry for Jack.

I suppose it was supposed to be a vision of remembering his whole pirate gang in general, not just the individuals.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:48 AM
The nerve? lolol

It's their game they can do what they want.

Obviously..

Syr.Jake
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
@Wolfmeister1010 Thatīs true e.g. Blackbeard and those other legendary pirates,but esp. also for me Anne Bonny.

As I really actually wanted to see more from her,but she didnīt play a "main" part at all in the story and also they never mentioned in the game what happened to her and her baby,as we know if we read her story/live in the internet she was pregnant.

They did provide some information regarding her.

When Edward meets back up with Anne at the Assassin's Camp/Island, he asks about her baby and is told that the baby died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCRgg5KuCVI

Starting a minute 9:00

LoyalACFan
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM

He is mentioned again. When you're sneaking out of prison in Port Royal, two guards talk about how he begged for mercy and stuff... Though you can miss that conversation if you go another route.

Honestly, they probably downplayed his death because it would have been depressing as hell. They already killed off almost the entire main cast, and somehow pulled off an ending that was kind of happy and bittersweet. Showing Stede dying a horrible death in graphic detail would have been too much.

lothario-da-be
12-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I simply cannot be excited because i feel like freedom cry will be a waste of money. So far most ac dlc's have been way overpriced.

Landruner
12-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I simply cannot be excited because i feel like freedom cry will be a waste of money. So far most ac dlc's have been way overpriced.

Freedom cry must be the size of the Da Vichy disappearance DLC (9 missions long it is not a lot unless it is a part one of 3)? - General speculation for the price is about 14.99 USD/EU without the season pass discount? I hope the speculation is wrong and that it is not the case....

jetlee2777
12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
They did provide some information regarding her.

When Edward meets back up with Anne at the Assassin's Camp/Island, he asks about her baby and is told that the baby died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCRgg5KuCVI

Starting a minute 9:00

Yes yourīre right just forgot about that detail,but still I only whish that you could see more from her,in the game.

persona523
12-03-2013, 10:37 PM
havent heard of Freedom Cry - time to google

ProletariatPleb
12-04-2013, 11:03 AM
http://i.minus.com/i6QcC8VtmCg3y.jpg

Farlander1991
12-04-2013, 11:07 AM
December 17? I'm only 42%/Sequence 5 on the main campaign >_< I won't finish it by the time this is released.

ProletariatPleb
12-04-2013, 11:16 AM
December 17? I'm only 42%/Sequence 5 on the main campaign >_< I won't finish it by the time this is released.
Git gud :p

DetroitPlaya
12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

play mo geez

FrankieSatt
12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I have no desire to play Alde's story.

Farlander1991
12-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Btw, does anybody know if this is episodic content or released all at once? I don't remember a mention/confirmation anywhere on if it's going to be in episodes, and the release date poster also says '4+ hours' and not stuff like 'Episode 1' or something.

ProletariatPleb
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Btw, does anybody know if this is episodic content or released all at once? I don't remember a mention anywhere on if it's going to be in episodes.
It's a single DLC, no episodes.

DetroitPlaya
12-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Btw, does anybody know if this is episodic content or released all at once? I don't remember a mention/confirmation anywhere on if it's going to be in episodes, and the release date poster also says '4+ hours' and not stuff like 'Episode 1' or something.

All in one go.

I hope they do more DLC. Heck, just stuff to do post-game really. As even though I will get Blackbeard's Wrath DLC, I prefer SP content.

Farlander1991
12-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Huh. So what else will be in the Season Pass besides the three DLCs? (all pre-order content, new multiplater characters and the single-player campaign) I can't judge yet the value of Freedom Cry, but doesn't feel like it's... that much.

DetroitPlaya
12-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Season Pass:

Crusader and Florentine Pack
Kraken Ship Pack (Exclusive)
Death Vessel Pack
Illustrious Pirates Pack
Blackbeard's Wrath
Freedom Cry

Not the Pre-order/Buccaneer/Black Chest/McFarlane stuff

ladyleonhart
12-04-2013, 03:22 PM
I never played TOKW so I'm not really sure if I will try 'Freedom Cry'. Also, I still have ACIV to complete. Ultimately, it will depend on the price and the length of the DLC. Lol, if the 4+ hours is anything like Aveline's "1 hour" DLC - which would make Freedom Cry approx. 1 hour 30 minutes - then probably not. :p Unless, of course, it receives a great review. ;)

Farlander1991
12-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Not the Pre-order/Buccaneer/Black Chest/McFarlane stuff

Illustrous Pirates pack is the pre-order stuff. At least it seems like that, since it contains pic of Drake/Morgan/Bonnet outfits, which are part of the pre-order packs (plus pre-orders were always released as a DLC for AC games)

Still, doesn't seem like enough to justify getting the Season Pass, considering that three of the six items you've listed are just a few skins and weapons.

LeVoyageur07
12-04-2013, 03:29 PM
According to the Video Gamer site, Freedom Cry will be released on Dec 17:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_freedom_cry_dlc_due_december_17. html

LoyalACFan
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
According to the Video Gamer site, Freedom Cry will be released on Dec 17:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_4_freedom_cry_dlc_due_december_17. html

Yep, came here to post the IGN article saying the same thing.

I guess I'll be getting it... In a moment of weakness after release, dazzled by the awesomeness of AC4, I bought the season pass. But then I played the Aveline content, and my high hopes that Freedom Cry (which is written by the same lady who wrote Aveline's stuff) vanished into thin air. Since it's free now, I'd be stupid not to give it a shot, but I'm expecting very little.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Yep, came here to post the IGN article saying the same thing.

I guess I'll be getting it... In a moment of weakness after release, dazzled by the awesomeness of AC4, I bought the season pass. But then I played the Aveline content, and my high hopes that Freedom Cry (which is written by the same lady who wrote Aveline's stuff) vanished into thin air. Since it's free now, I'd be stupid not to give it a shot, but I'm expecting very little.

With Jill Murray's stuff, it's as if slavery is completely trivial.

LoyalACFan
12-04-2013, 10:00 PM
With Jill Murray's stuff, it's as if slavery is completely trivial.

Agreed, from what I've seen in AC4's Aveline stuff and the YouTube videos of Liberation I've watched, she has a tendency to gloss over incredibly important sh*t. And not just slavery; one minute Aveline's a little kid, the next she's an Assassin with no explanation? WTF?