PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4, The Watch questions.....

Gundy613
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I read online through other forums about "The Watch" and was wondering if this was available in the USA. I pre-ordered at Gamestop, never heard anything about it until today. It's no big deal really, just curious to it because I am a big fan of the series and knowing that I could read more into the series through this online addition would be awesome!

TJ_Wylde
11-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I don't know if it was available in the USA tbh. But as far as i know right now, the watch has been replaced with AC Initiates: https://acinitiates.com/

(to any mods: ps. was ok to share this already right. Seen it done here and there already.)

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 07:41 PM
It was Ubisoft's VIP website... For Europe only. smdh.

Gundy613
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
It's all cool, I am a part of the AC Initiates, just didn't know about "The Watch" really. Looks like though, from thread reviews that "The Watch" is still active so I guess its only a EMEA only thing. Thx for the reply guys!

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
I thought Initiates superseded The Watch? Could be wrong. I haven't really been on Initiates. I will when the tech issues are sorted out though.

Gundy613
11-07-2013, 07:58 PM
I would get in now for AC initiates. Although the website is still in Alpha, a dev said in forums that it will probably never leave alpha due to all the data that is constantly being added into it. Plus, you can start gaining xp and badges.

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I would get in now for AC initiates. Although the website is still in Alpha, a dev said in forums that it will probably never leave alpha due to all the data that is constantly being added into it. Plus, you can start gaining xp and badges.

I was hoping to do all the missions on there but at the moment the stats aren't updating and so I'm not unlocking all the in-game rewards for gaining XP. I did hear it was just a display error though, so I might give it another go.

Gundy613
11-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I was hoping to do all the missions on there but at the moment the stats aren't updating and so I'm not unlocking all the in-game rewards for gaining XP. I did hear it was just a display error though, so I might give it another go.

Yeah, one thing I read as well. I have been doing it now for the past few weeks and no issues. You won't get any of the in-game rewards at this time due to the implementation of getting the conversion from online to game solved, but at least you can still do the missions and the Lost Memories parts to get ahead until it starts. It does, however, go into the point of including your previous ventures from the other AC games into effect which also builds your xp even more. Day One playing it I got to lvl 5 just for AC Revelations and AC3.