PDA

View Full Version : ACIV Ending is... strange - R.I.P Modern Day Story of AC Series [SPOILERS!]

Eduard413
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
First of all, AC IV Black Flag, is a great game for the gameplay, new mechanics, map which is so huge and awesome it even beats GTA V for me, Edward is great character too and his story was ok too but, in Previous AC Games, Historical Story was important for the present day, but in ACIV? It's not

AC IV didn't have an ending at all, well for Edward yes, but for the present day? Nothing, which sucks a lot
AC used to be a game with great story telling, conspirations in the Past and in the Present day, even ACIII which had a sad and bad ending as Desmond, I was curious about what will happen after Desmonds death in the next game, but did something happened? NO!

It's nice to know that Shaun and Rebecca are still alive but, their presence is pointless, but I will start with the plot of Modern Day
- You are hired as an Abstergo Employee who is supossed to relive the memories of Edward,
- you are reliving him because Abstergo wanted to find another temple made by TWCB - Observatory
(first I thought, WOW! This sounds interesting, also there were the cubes which contained the blood of those people that lived 80 000 years ago!)
but, then the game slaped me in face, the game was awesome untill DNA sequence 12 came in! -
Edward gets to the Observatory once again, but something is different! yes! the cubes with the blood are totally gone! Edward notices this but there is no explenation where have they gone, who took them and why,
and also I was hoping that Edward will meet Jupiter, Juno Minerva or any other TWCB, but nothing, you just kill the bad old man Torres
then after this, you are back again in present day - John is talking about how we saw his Juno blah blah, but was this really necessary? they just killed him and that's it, the ending of the game, after this, they awake you and tell you that the trailer for the Pirates is finished and I should watch it = but there is no explenation of where Olivier is missing, they don't say that we must find out more about the observatory and where to find the cubes,
also, they atleast could know that to enter the Observatory, Sage is needed, but what have they done? they killed John the Sage! great job Abstergo!= this all means that the plot about getting information about the Observatory was ridiculous
and then? Rebecca and Shaun calls you... they want from you to hack more computers in Abstergo, also, they say, that we will get something for it a present or whatever, and they will call back!
but you go back into the animus and what happens? Edward suddenly is back in his Hideout, he doesn't care about what happened to cubes, or Observatory, or Rogers who didn't die, he just go back to the London with his daughter and ENDING credits, when I first saw this I was like, WTF? That's it? that was an ending? The game just stopped like a train travelling at high speed when suddenly stops

If Assassin's Creed game next year will have such a bad story line in present time with no reason to watch the memories of some assassin, then I'm done with this series for real, yeah sure, playing as a Pirate in Carribbean is fun, but this is Assassin's Creed! It should have reason why I was playing as him!

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I agree with what you are saying. I also think in my head the game isn't over because there was no modern day cutscene or anything.

SneakierNote
11-07-2013, 06:36 PM
WARNING: This posts contains massive SPOILS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED AC3 OR AC4 IT MIGHT RUIN YOUR GAME PLAY EXPERIENCE.

Please tell me Eduard413 this is not how they end this awsome game, cries. : ( I also HATE, HATE, HATE that Desmond died in AC 3. Desmond was really hot and to cool to die.
I have a question for you guys after the game ends can we still use our ship and stuff to have fun or no?

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I have a question for you guys after the game ends can we still use our ship and stuff to have fun or no?
Yes. Same as all the other AC games... Except 1, that we had to go through memories still.

Sturnz0r
11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't think Edward didn't care about the missing TWCB cubes as much as he cared about raising his daughter more. I agree, though; It would have been cool to see what they had to see/say, though. Even Ah Tabai wouldn't be able to resist putting those cubes in the crystal skull projector

SneakierNote
11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Krayus thank you for taking the time to anwser my question. I appreciate it.

UKassassinsfan
11-08-2013, 12:02 AM
I agree with this, the ending felt like a huge anti climax! The game delivered beautifully in the historical side but modern stuff was one of the worst of the series IMO. Plus first person was awful

Layytez
11-08-2013, 12:45 AM
This is what happens when you make the main character selfish and only care about himself until the very end of the game. Pirate this, pirate that , he's selfish. Should have made this a separate pirate game because in terms of AC relevance it had none. Including Juno was absolutely pointless, what she said could have been written on a computer screen and it would still have the same effect. What's more annoying is our character doesn't speak. I can't express how mad I was during the modern day missions because throughout you say NOTHING. What's the point ? May swell stay at your animus and hack from there with no one telling you anything. Now that the modern day is about "context" and has no deep plot I've given up hope of them doing it justice. Very frustrating ending.

RzaRecta357
11-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I actually enjoyed the modern day stuff. The sage stuff was the obvious wtf ending to it. Would still prefer a real modern day protagonist though.

Layytez
11-08-2013, 01:09 AM
I actually enjoyed the modern day stuff. The sage stuff was the obvious wtf ending to it. Would still prefer a real modern day protagonist though.

Thing is they made it so you have to go look for the info yourself (bottles) rather then explain it. This means in future if they continue from it those who finished the story still wouldn't know what the hell they are talking about.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 01:42 AM
WARNING: This posts contains massive SPOILS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED AC3 OR AC4 IT MIGHT RUIN YOUR GAME PLAY EXPERIENCE.

Please tell me Eduard413 this is not how they end this awsome game, cries. : ( I also HATE, HATE, HATE that Desmond died in AC 3. Desmond was really hot and to cool to die.

Yes you may if you have not finished them like any missions you have not finished, or if you already did finished it, you can replay them by the DNA memory...but [spoiler] be really patient before doing that and get Connor to play.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 01:45 AM
First of all, AC IV Black Flag, is a great game for the gameplay, new mechanics, map which is so huge and awesome it even beats GTA V for me, Edward is great character too and his story was ok too but, in Previous AC Games, Historical Story was important for the present day, but in ACIV? It's not
......[SPOILER].....
If Assassin's Creed game next year will have such a bad story line in present time with no reason to watch the memories of some assassin, then I'm done with this series for real, yeah sure, playing as a Pirate in Carribbean is fun, but this is Assassin's Creed! It should have reason why I was playing as him!

Not playing the cop there and it is not my business, but I believe that you should try to hide some content you mention inside your thread for the [SPOILER] you expose - I know that you put a big spoiler on the title, but I believe the Moderators are going to ask you to hide some of it... (You can still re-edit your thread, and you have a function to hide some content)

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 01:48 AM
^I'm pretty sure he specifically declared it in the title, and included the word ending in his title as well, that should be enough.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 01:52 AM
^I'm pretty sure he specifically declared it in the title, and included the word ending in his title as well, that should be enough.

I "donno" mate?, I saw some other threats that the moderators came after for less than that, So, like I mention it is not my business....

Layytez
11-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Apparently it's not. I got an infraction for posting a spoiler in a spoiler thread without tagging it.

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Oh wow. Guess they assume people are a little more dimwitted than they actually are, ah well.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Apparently it's not. I got an infraction for posting a spoiler in a spoiler thread without tagging it.

Yep, glad you mention that because when I mentioned "for less than that" in my post above, I was just thinking about you and your post some 2 weeks ago and then, I then, remember reading all the chat with the moderator you had after....:cool:

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Hmm.

Well, I'm just going to come out and say it: AC4 has the best modern day section in the series. It was much more interesting than AC2 - R, and just "worked" better than AC3. Great stuff, and I'm really glad they took this route. The hacking is what really made it special.

Dachande_
11-08-2013, 02:46 AM
The OP makes some good points,but i personally liked the new Modern day setting. At first,i was pretty annoyed that they killed off Desmond and didnt know what to think of the new set-up. But after playing close to 100% synch and doing all the hacks/note collecting/camera watching,i rather like where they are taking things. Desmonds story was going to have to end at some point..or,they would have had to make a full modern day version of AC with the player as Desmond..which i think would have effectively pigeon holed the potential storylines of the series.

With the new modern day,they are blurring the lines between our reality and fiction (Abstergo/Ubisoft etc) and basically casting us,the player,as the main protagonist outside of the Animus. Nameless and voiceless. When you look at it,the new modern day has really opened the series up. Its a new beginning of sorts and Blackflag is the first chapter. There is great potential basically.

The whole "Surrogate Initiative" is kind of a tell-all. The idea that a person doesnt have to be related to a subject in order to explore their memories in the Animus anymore. They can basically pick anything now without having to tie Desmond into it somehow. Also,when you consider it with the overall storyline,especially after the events at the end of AC3..it makes sense. Desmond basically pulled a Neo from Matrix Reloaded and broke the cycle. Juno is free to do her thing now,whatever it may be,and though we didnt really see much of that in Blackflag..there are plenty of hints. Which is fun i think^^ Its just a beginning.

The next game could take place on a different floor,with a different sample,or it may continue with Sample 17..or multiple samples. Perhaps we,the player,working for Abstergo start moving up the ranks..all the while playing spy for the Assassins. Within the Animus,we continue to see the story of the Assassins and outside of it..we get to see and experience the Templar side of things in modern day..and perhaps see the escalation of Juno's..err..consciousness. I have no doubt that some people hate all that of course..its a matter of taste. Desmond dieing was a kick in the nuts either way..but i think they could have done a much worse job with the modern day as it is now.

Also,from a pure gameplay perspective..i prefer the new 1st person modern day experience. Desmonds storyline was awesome,but i never truly enjoyed playing as him..it always felt like an interruption. All i cared about was the emails and conversations which furthered the modern day mystery. With the new modern day..i love the return to the AC1'esque eerie mystery and snooping. Need a break from being an epic Pirate? log out of the Animus and do some snooping and hacking etc lol Its a nice balance,i think anyways.

Overall,i think Ubisoft are just laying the foundations for many games to come and a new chapter in the series. Some will love it,some will hate it. I personally love it and the potential of it aswell.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 01:16 AM
AC4's ending was good.

AdamPearce
11-09-2013, 03:17 AM
AC4 present day gameplay sounds like a cheap reproduction of the one in the first Assassin's Creed.

In the first game, we didn't had all those running and climbing and fighting stuff with Desmond. We were just a random subject kidnapped and that didn't no anything about what was going on. Which was nice because we discovered the plot and the context with Desmond, which was really interesting (the epic wtff omg moment at the ending with all the symbols + the analyses on the forums and the mind-blowing revelations!!!!!!)

And was interesting is the conversations between Desmond, Lucy and Vidic. They were so AWESOME, just like the actual dialogue between Altair and his targets, but with a present context. It felt good and troughout the game you kept asking questions to yourself and also about the world. Because yes, the conversation were actually world reflections and were very dept and suited perfectly our actual world situation.

And we had 'hacking', but it was EXPLAINED, so it didn't feel super odd and totally out of context like it did in AC4. For example:

How is it that the guards never saw Desmond's espades when is was supposed to be in his bedroom? > Lucy tells us that she tricked the camera so they would reboot automatically.

Why does the access pencil of Warren is hanging on his jacket? It's not safe at all > In a mail between Lucy and Vidic, we learn that he losted his pencil a few times because he kept it hanging there. And Lucy warned him, but he doesn't seem to care.

See? Simple background explanation that doesn't make you go like ''How is it that NO ONE saw me hacking the computers?'' or ''Why does no one sees me going on in the Bunker?''

Also, the present day lost all his charm, yes the hacking andstories are nice but, they've lost the discussion, the intensity of the character, the big plots and everything.

I think a AC1 present day style would be perfect for the next AC.

Number_Six_1967
11-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Edward did promise to resume his search for the cubes after dealing with business in London. If you read around the Kenway family story you'll be able to fill in many blanks. I won't mention them here. It was always the case that he was more pirate than Assassin, much like Connor was more native warrior than Assassin. Edward was just a guy in some robes who grew a conscience. He always wanted to go home a man of self-esteem and he did, for a time. Again, go and read around and you'll see how everything ties into AC4-AC3 chronologically. It's a shame the full tale wasn't told in-game but hey, spin-of media generates income and shareholders love their sedans.

The game's future setting was obviously set up to be a cliffhanger. I thought that whole section of the game was great. As others have stated, the future being a bit of an inquistive run around gave a nice break to the Edward activities. We got to disclose and digest the lore/myth of the series on our own terms while in amongst the enemy. We were the ones in the know, not the nameles entity we were playing. The first person was for our benefit.

Question: Where is Olivier? What will Abstergo entertainment do with the Edward footage given they'll now know where the Observatory is (it was sealed not moved away)? What will the be consequences of Sean and Rebecca's involvement at the Abstergo complex? What of William Miles? What of Juno's every expanding consciousness in the world's technology systems; what is her plan, why, what advancements will she make to suit her own ends; what will she aim to control; will the Templar/Assassin side story (which it is, in the grand scheme of things when taking the First Civilisation's point of view) come to a close for the greater good?

Guys...just keep playing. Yes, they'll milk the hell out of it but as long as it's enjoyable, I'm buying.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:01 AM
- Honestly like a lot of other I am sure, I personally do not even any longer care about the modern day story or whatever story or twist, plot that this franchise can come with - the all thing does not make any longer any sense anyway... I am from now, just playing the games for their gameplay and the fun I can have and get, without bordering about their stories or heroes (modern or past).... They screw it up big time with the modern day part since ACR, and they lost in opportunities to make a killer science fiction story - Liking Desmond or not the all DNA of the ancestor and seeking on it was a great idea, and it was opening a lot of opportunities and potential since introduced back in 2007, they just blow it up and made it sound like a shore for most of the players.

Vzmike
11-10-2013, 08:03 AM
The game is a huge step forward gameplay wise after the atrocity that was AC3, so at least it's going somewhere in some aspect.

But there's too many questions being left unanswered now. Not even just about certain events and or statements, but literally everything. What exactly are Rebecca and Shaun looking to accomplish there at Abstergo, Olivier's whereabouts and WHY he's missing, why the character you're playing as now didn't die with the encounter with Juno and why her lover was targeting you in the first place, and why he felt the need to be upset when you didn't die, etc. If you want to open us up to new twists and abnormalities that will question our very understanding of the AC franchise itself that's fine, it keeps things fresh and it's the beauty of the series. But don't just pile up anomaly after anomaly, end the game abruptly (especially after the last encounter that happens prior to your last trip in the animus) and call it a day without a single explanation of ANYTHING that just happened. It puts the franchise at risk of massive plot holes, some that could definitely emerge if certain events are not cleared up in the next game, or at least before the series ends.

I absolutely loved the main character, the setting both modern and past alike, and gameplay mechanics despite a pretty boring AI so this wasn't a game-ruining experience...and I have faith that this installment was just one massive hook (hehe, pirate pun) for the next game, but I can't help but feel this is the result of a rushed production. It only came out a year after 3, which has been the pattern for the last couple of games but it's a concerning pattern. Look how great AC2 was after only an extra year of production time...gripping with an awesome ending twist and a fantastic protagonist. The game's story has set itself on a path where serious consideration needs to be given before a script is made final. This is no Call of Duty installment or a game that relies solely on its online feature. This is one of the most unique and original series to be conceived in the past, I'd say 20 years. Black Flag certainly shows some hope for the series but anymore decline in the storytelling and I might just have to give up on it in fear of being let down.

RzaRecta357
11-10-2013, 08:39 AM
These are literally all answered if you think about them...Oliver? Dead... You gave his schedules to the assassins and he's the head of a Templar company. What else could of happened? Why didn't you die? Because Juno is trying to transfer into your mind and doesn't have the strength to do that yet. We don't know why and that won't be explained but it's obvious she just needs more time to do it.

Why a her lover targeting you? Because you're the player character and a new worker at Abstergo and Ubisoft need to move the plot forward somehow. He sang upset you didn't die... He was upset she didn't take your body over.... Male or female doesn't matter to the because were like disgusting insect bodies to them... They might as well be going into dog bodies.

Literally NOTHING is piling up with this one besides knowing the Templars have gone totally public with the animus and Juno is lying in wait to escape.. Her husband is constantly reborn but we probably won't have to worry about it unless there were two at once which I think may be possible.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 08:52 AM
You deserve medal for this thread.
I hope the idiot who decided to eliminate modern day and turn it into a reductive shadow of it’s former glory gets fired ASAP.

I loved Edward, his story, the gameplay, the mythology but all this had a purpose in AC1-AC3 and now it doesn’t. This whole Abstergo Entertainment and the Animus game system is really stupid and I don’t know why they’ve decided this. People loved AC1-AC3 because they were what they were, so why changed that? AC was an example of great storytelling and linking things to one another but now we just go to the past for the sake of going there. Lets go back to Abstergo Industries where the real thing happens not where they sell games to people and while they test them, they deliver some details to Abstergo Industries.

Regarding Juno, by the end of ACIII, we got the impression that we’ll start a real war in future ACs but a rogue A.I.? really? we touched the pedestal to save the world and it was clear that doing so will free Juno and “They will enslave your (our) kind” according to Minerva so why turn this into a subplot now? why make her an A.I. that still needs to be freed and eventually end up being eliminated before being freed which is a typical sci-fi film crap.

I honestly and whole heartedly wish that the world was destroyed by the end of ACIII and the games that follow the solar flare will look pretty “historical” according to Minerva’s vision which would’ve been a great alternative for using the Animus or perhaps Desmond’s Animus might survive or use stuff similar to the Masyaf Keys to review old memories...

They screw it up big time with the modern day part since ACR, and they lost in opportunities to make a killer science fiction story - Liking Desmond or not the all DNA of the ancestor and seeking on it was a great idea, and it was opening a lot of opportunities and potential since introduced back in 2007, they just blow it up and made it sound like a shore for most of the players.

I couldn’t agree more.

rec0n09
11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I like how Edward's daughter asks him, "Do you think we'll see any pirates!?" hahaha

RzaRecta357
11-10-2013, 08:57 AM
^ Because she still needed a physical body... Everything still makes sense for the most part in these games. She mentioned how mechanical ones were a no no. So either she takes Desmond's burnt body or finds a new one. I personally love the new take on modern stuff.... I'd prefer a real protagonist but I enjoy where the Templars are taking their company and stuff.

i really loved Desmond and almost didn't get this game because of his lackluster scenes and resolutions with the comic characters and warren. I was really disappointed... But I see why they did it now..it lets them open the doors to many more stories about random ancestors without getting bogged down...

The truth is Patrice probably had three games planned in his head here. They had to split AC2 up and then made so much money that it got turned into a yearly franchise thus they had to greatly expand on Desmond's story... After a while it just gets to be too much with the cliffhangers.... You can't advance his story enough or you'd be done to fast and then it gets stagnant from constant bs cliffhangers...

They need to work something out where maybe we're also a totally different descendant every time with a different goal still fighting the Templar assassin war somehow.

rec0n09
11-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I am so happy they got rid of Desmond. I hated him and his drama with his dad. I love how they opened up the story with the Blood Cubes from different ancient people. They could even go back as far as caveman days and dinosaurs! haha! I hope there is another Pirate game because I loved the pirate world! If they do, I hope it feels more "pirate-like, dark and spooky" like the spooky feeling you get when you go through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Spider_Sith9
11-10-2013, 04:31 PM
About time people see it like Fahrenheit...

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I loved Edwards epilogue, it was sad but kinda sweet. But I do really miss Desmond I hope the cypher becomes someone important like Desmond with voice acting and a body, it would be kinda cool if it turned out to be a woman, whom Juno is hoping to possess. For me the best parts of 3 where Desmond's missions (not the very last one though), and I loved Desmond's missions in Brotherhood.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
AC4 present day gameplay sounds like a cheap reproduction of the one in the first Assassin's Creed.

In the first game, we didn't had all those running and climbing and fighting stuff with Desmond. We were just a random subject kidnapped and that didn't no anything about what was going on. Which was nice because we discovered the plot and the context with Desmond, which was really interesting (the epic wtff omg moment at the ending with all the symbols + the analyses on the forums and the mind-blowing revelations!!!!!!)

And was interesting is the conversations between Desmond, Lucy and Vidic. They were so AWESOME, just like the actual dialogue between Altair and his targets, but with a present context. It felt good and troughout the game you kept asking questions to yourself and also about the world. Because yes, the conversation were actually world reflections and were very dept and suited perfectly our actual world situation.

And we had 'hacking', but it was EXPLAINED, so it didn't feel super odd and totally out of context like it did in AC4. For example:

How is it that the guards never saw Desmond's espades when is was supposed to be in his bedroom? > Lucy tells us that she tricked the camera so they would reboot automatically.

Why does the access pencil of Warren is hanging on his jacket? It's not safe at all > In a mail between Lucy and Vidic, we learn that he losted his pencil a few times because he kept it hanging there. And Lucy warned him, but he doesn't seem to care.

See? Simple background explanation that doesn't make you go like ''How is it that NO ONE saw me hacking the computers?'' or ''Why does no one sees me going on in the Bunker?''

Also, the present day lost all his charm, yes the hacking andstories are nice but, they've lost the discussion, the intensity of the character, the big plots and everything.

I think a AC1 present day style would be perfect for the next AC.

I totally agree with you. Inside, I feel like they’re trying to copy the past success but they’re unable to because we’re past that point and now we want more from the avalanche of the AC revelations and stories. In AC1, we had the feeling of not knowing anything and wanting to know more with hopes that what’s to come will give you interesting stuff. Now, even though there are interesting stuff, they way they’re presented doesn’t do much. By the end of AC3, we thought the next game will be hell on earth with Juno unleashed but there it is, Montreal is bright and sunny, everything’s under control, nothing is told about the damage caused by the solar flare (which I’m sure took place according to the news report at the end of ACIII. All the recordings are mainly past stories which I’d rather unlock on ACINITIATES.com or read in the AC:Encyclopedia than have in a game and pretend it’s something cool

It almost feels like ACIV is some sort of a reboot with a bit of hints to past games to keep you into the atmosphere. ACIII did great with modern day but ruined it with the historical portion due to some glitches and the big-for-nothing atmosphere. While with ACIV had a very entertaining historical portion but totally irrelevant to present day affairs or the story arc of the AC franchise. Many of us play AC for the story, so when playing a game like ACIII, we just wanna reach the next “!” sign to continue the story. In that case, the whole big atmosphere will be left untouched cause we’ll take the shortest route to the next main mission. As for ACIV, we got a great deal of entertaining gameplay, even when we’re moving from one mission to another, that even someone like me who wouldn’t bother with side quests, have spent 2-4 hours in the middle of the story just to explore and level up but was extremely disappointed as the story felt like it was written on paper, torn into pieces and some of the pieces were thrown at us randomly.

I don’t wanna sound so old school but I guess ACI was great in terms of mythology and story but lame when it comes to gameplay, ACII was perfect in both story, gameplay, characters and it was very well directed and presented, not to mention being lengthy and rich, AC:B gave us a great deal of connection between present day and the era we’re revisiting through the Animus with a really shocking and exciting ending, AC:R was really great, it gave us really beautiful scenery, warm and emotional story and of course a beautiful directed ending and entertaining gameplay despite being short, ACIII gave us the fair share of present day vs. historical story-telling, game play, cutscenes and events but was badly directed towards the end regardless of the fate of the protagonist.

I believe Ubisoft should step back and take a look at what they’ve made so far. What a brilliant franchise they’ve presented us and how detailed and powerful the storytelling was, how entertaining the gameplay is and how many people still have faith in this franchise and can’t wait for what’s next to come in line, then they should decide where to take it next and they should definitely think that maybe some elements can easily gain sales and interests of the general public, alienating old fans and stripping the game from the elements that made it this big is the most dangerous monster any franchise can ever face.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:10 PM
I loved all the memos, extra stuff, conspiracies in the modern day. For some reason I felt like Ubisoft were trying to make as YOU are the protagonist to make you feel a part of the game. I don't know that's what I got out of it. As far as the ending to game, yeah it was not good.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:15 PM
I loved all the memos, extra stuff, conspiracies in the modern day. For some reason I felt like Ubisoft were trying to make as YOU are the protagonist to make you feel a part of the game. I don't know that's what I got out of it. As far as the ending to game, yeah it was not good.

That’s exactly what they wanted. They even said that multiple times that they wanted the present day portion to be “you” not a character, at least for this game. But it wasn’t that good. I mean if this was AC1, it would’ve been highly appreciated but after spoiling us with lots of details, character evolution, twists, cliffhangers and well-directed cutscenes, stuff like AC4’s modern day won’t really be anything memorable to fans.

I would’ve been happier if those recordings, tapes, videos and files were available to unlock at acinitiates.com rather than being part of a game. It would’ve been so motivated to go to that website and play Missions, Lost Memories and do quests to unlock past secrets, but to give us something more related to the past and next to nothing related to AC3 cliffhanger and what’s really at stake, now that’s reductive.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:22 PM
That’s exactly what they wanted. They even said that multiple times that they wanted the present day portion to be “you” not a character, at least for this game. But it wasn’t that good. I mean if this was AC1, it would’ve been highly appreciated but after spoiling us with lots of details, character evolution, twists, cliffhangers and well-directed cutscenes, stuff like AC4’s modern day won’t really be anything memorable to fans.

I would’ve been happier if those recordings, tapes, videos and files were available to unlock at acinitiates.com rather than being part of a game. It would’ve been so motivated to go to that website and play Missions, Lost Memories and do quests to unlock past secrets, but to give us something more related to the past and next to nothing related to AC3 cliffhanger and what’s really at stake, now that’s reductive.

I think it was a good thing that all those things were in the game from the start because without them it would be a lot more empty for someone who doesn't really want to use Initiates. What they should do with Initiates is explaining more about Desmonds ancestors who has been in contact with some pieces of eden. Not give out to much information, just tease the audience maybe.

EDIT: if there even was any one else besides the ones in the game I mean.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I think it was a good thing that all those things were in the game from the start because without them it would be a lot more empty for someone who doesn't really want to use Initiates. What they should do with Initiates is explaining more about Desmonds ancestors who has been in contact with some pieces of eden. Not give out to much information, just tease the audience maybe.

EDIT: if there even was any one else besides the ones in the game I mean.

I understand. It’s just that nothing related to present day story, what’s going on, what’s really at stake, what’s relevant is mentioned. Juno had a cameo and she was a major character of ACIII not to mention a cliffhanger. But nothing much is revealed. I would’ve been happy to have those as side missions AFTER the real story moves forward...

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I understand. It’s just that nothing related to present day story, what’s going on, what’s really at stake, what’s relevant is mentioned. Juno had a cameo and she was a major character of ACIII not to mention a cliffhanger. But nothing much is revealed. I would’ve been happy to have those as side missions AFTER the real story moves forward...

I agree It was too much of a cliffhanger in ACIII for it to not be explained in AC: Black Flag

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I agree It was too much of a cliffhanger in ACIII for it to not be explained in AC: Black Flag

Exactly, my friend. I would embrace a game story like that of ACIV:BF had something been resolved with the previous game or had they informed us that this is some sort of alternate reality or a story going in parallel inside Abstergo while Desmond is at the Grand Temple for example or still at Abstergo Industries. That would’ve been very acceptable because it’s simply showing you another side while another story is being baked for next year to tell you what will happen on the meeting points of the two stories. But to just skip to this point and not even bother explaining what happened to the world after the Solar Flare because it was obviously stated that there was a considerable amount of destruction, yet we suddenly find ourselves at Abstergo Entertainment whom are busy discussing which video game for the Animus they’ll launch next. That was a ridiculous shift.

breakdownthewall
11-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Do you guys think we could possibly have something like Revelations 2 where we get to relive the rest of Edward and Connor's lives? If you think about it, it's not such a bad idea. It won't be a major installment in the series, but I wouldn't mind it.
By the end of AC4. Edward and his little family are celebrating Haytham's 8th birthday, which means he has exactly 2 more years left in his life. Could that period possibly be implemented into the game? I'd love to be able to play it. Technically, we haven't played as EDWARD the ASSASSIN yet. Also, what happens to Connor after AC3? Where does he find his future wife? How does he die? I'd like to relive that, too.

Number_Six_1967
11-11-2013, 01:55 AM
It's entirely possible given what he said regarding having to find certain people/items post AC4. We may get something of an added Edward offshoot next year and a full AC5 the year after. INtuition suggests that we'll be going straight to a new character however.

With the Observatory location now in Abstergo hands (by way of the research you've completed in AC4) you could argue that all they need now is the blood cubes to have full access to even more intel on the First Civilisation, with view to utilising their lost technology to maintain control over the world. In the modern setting, the Templars have pretty much 'won' the battle with the Assassins, who are no an in-hiding rogue group, for want of a better term. If I'm correct, the Assassins work towards withholding the Fist Civ's tech from the Templars but both groups, around the time of the apocalypse, wanted to halt the solar flare - I may be mis-remembering that; it's possible the Templars wanted the flare to happen as to assert even more control over the remains of the population of Earth - someone fill me in.

From here we can also disregard the Assassin v Templar fight because Juno has returned in some form to manipulate the world's stock market's, operations, technology and you name it. She even said in AC3 - again my memory is vague - that the squabble between the two groups led to a complete lack of harnessing the chance both had to make a better world for the humans. I can see both Assassins and Templars having to unite in the face of this new threat. Maybe in future we'll travel into past memories in order to find a way to destroy Juno: by gathering weapons locations etc. Who knows.

I actively enjoyed the modern setting in all the games. Desmond was a bit of a sore thumb with his post-modern ironic whining in some games but largely he was okay. We only played him, chronologically, for a few months of his life. That's it. He wasn't that important in the grand scheme of things. I do wonder why Minerva et al would go to such lengths to manipulate certain people over the course of hundreds of years as opposed to just outing all the info at once. I gather that the First Civilisation's belief in probability was so intense that they chose to gently alter certain events at certain times to reach their desired outcome: Desmond, or a version of him - the one they needed - stopping the flare using the technology. Of course, late in the game in AC3 we learn that Juno had hijacked the mechanism and Minerva had discovered this too late to do anything. It all actually makes sense.

I do hope they reference the solar flare's destruction in future titles. I though that angle should have been a hoax anyway, even in game. I felt they were going to have an Apple of Eden's powers be a metaphorical 'solar flare'; one that helps control the minds of others/all people. But, they went literal. The story is fine but the drip feed is the killer. It serves however, to keep people interested and playing. It works in keeping me paying 40 every year so...hey...I can't really complain.

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 01:58 AM
I'm not sure 'Cipher' will become that important. The idea seemed to be that Cipher is essentially you, so i doubt they will want to give them an actual identity.

Well, not "unimportant" just not an actual character, if they do decide to have another actual character like desmond, Cipher will no doubt be mentioned.
Of course ubi could just carry on having us as the main character, with Fps, non action orientated gameplay.

Vzmike
11-11-2013, 06:36 AM
These are literally all answered if you think about them...Oliver? Dead... You gave his schedules to the assassins and he's the head of a Templar company. What else could of happened? Why didn't you die? Because Juno is trying to transfer into your mind and doesn't have the strength to do that yet. We don't know why and that won't be explained but it's obvious she just needs more time to do it.

Why a her lover targeting you? Because you're the player character and a new worker at Abstergo and Ubisoft need to move the plot forward somehow. He sang upset you didn't die... He was upset she didn't take your body over.... Male or female doesn't matter to the because were like disgusting insect bodies to them... They might as well be going into dog bodies.

Literally NOTHING is piling up with this one besides knowing the Templars have gone totally public with the animus and Juno is lying in wait to escape.. Her husband is constantly reborn but we probably won't have to worry about it unless there were two at once which I think may be possible.
Olivier's status is more of an assumption. He could be getting interrogated for all we know.

Regardless, my MAIN gripe which I foolishly didn't put in my last post was that this storytelling seemed to go nowhere. We got itty bitty hints about certain upcoming events, and information to the point we can really throw out some good fan theories but, that's all. It didn't feel like a sequel to the games at all. More like an expensive $60 teaser, with some awesome gameplay mechanics. By the time it was over it felt very...empty. Even the Templar armor you unlock felt very underdone and meh, and that was one of my favorite components of the games considering how awesome some of the armors are that you could unlock as Ezio.

I'm gona sound like a broken record but....considering the setting was so huge I feel there was much more focus on gameplay rather than the story, which I'd confidently say about 99% of the people buying the games are most interested in. To me, Black Flag would have been great as a standalone title separate from the series, or just another installment rather then a direct sequel. Cause considering what it's trying to be by having "IV" in it's title, it's rather disappointing....

EDIT: Just a little extra two cents, I don't know if someone said this in this thread or another but...I hope the naval battles made their last stand in BF. It's been vastly improved and much more enjoyable, and considering Edward's storyline is over there's no need for it to return, at risk of the game feeling redundant....

Vzmike
11-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I'd just like to address this as well...if I'm double posting I apologize.

I liked the idea of memos and conspiracies, tapes etc...as for the first-person/nameless protagonist, it's a cool gameplay mechanic for a lot of games and I can see where it fits, but we've been following the path of a completely sentient being with emotions and opinions, not to mention his own specific levels for the past what is it, five games?...I understand his passing changes this but this transition is drastic and doesn't fit well.

This is coming from someone who'd much rather read a story rather then live it, because that's how I live it. I want to experience that connectivity with the protagonist so I can relate and admire his/her place within the game...the idea of making me a part of the game is silly, because you can feel what you want or think what you want, at the end of the day you're a mute office employee with a super iPad.

Ardil
11-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I'd just like to address this as well...if I'm double posting I apologize.

I liked the idea of memos and conspiracies, tapes etc...as for the first-person/nameless protagonist, it's a cool gameplay mechanic for a lot of games and I can see where it fits, but we've been following the path of a completely sentient being with emotions and opinions, not to mention his own specific levels for the past what is it, five games?...I understand his passing changes this but this transition is drastic and doesn't fit well.

This is coming from someone who'd much rather read a story rather then live it, because that's how I live it. I want to experience that connectivity with the protagonist so I can relate and admire his/her place within the game...the idea of making me a part of the game is silly, because you can feel what you want or think what you want, at the end of the day you're a mute office employee with a super iPad.

SPOILER:

I actually shed some tears when I heard the voice recording Desmond did right before he entered the temple. The last thing he said, (I love you, dad) got to me lol

kosmoscreed
11-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't have any problem with the real world ending, or not ending, is clear that the devs have no idea what to do with the present day stuff and I don't blame them. The thing that is stupid about the present day, is that you get screen with a pic of becca ans shaun in most of the sceens at the end of the game, "warning they are criminals" and yet Shaun is there inside Abstergo where everyone can see him, WTF?.

twenty_glyphs
11-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I just finished the story last night, and I liked the present day well enough for now. I wasn't expecting the twist at the end of the present, and I enjoyed it. The present did feel sort of anticlimactic after that though, so it ended a little awkwardly. I guess this game's main problem is that the story feels like it's just there to set up future installments and doesn't really advance the true plot. It brings up lots of interesting things to be intrigued about between the Templars and First Civilization antagonists, but it just doesn't move anywhere. I love the exploration of the lore in the present, and the new ideas introduced that make Juno a little more interesting than I found her before. I even like the idea of Abstergo Entertainment, because they could make this their new initiative to control the world by getting people hooked on their Animus technology. But AC4's present is a little strange because it feels like a bridge between the original "trilogy" and whatever comes next. I would have rather seen something to kick off another round of the story than this transitional story.

And I don't really like the first person/silent protagonist thing either. I get the idea, but it just feels so weird and I can't get into the story as much. I'd rather they just introduce a new character for us to get interested in. I don't really want to see a modern day Assassin so much (especially after how badly they handled Desmond in AC3), just someone that can help drive the story more than a lead character that doesn't even talk. I'd like to see a modern-day protagonist that does occasional free-running/exploration of historical ruins/First Civilization locations like Desmond in and under the Colosseum in Brotherhood, but I know a lot of people would get bored if there wasn't more action for that character.

I also have to say, it's really awkward how they're trying to make Desmond all emotional about his dad. I found him more interesting when he had just run away from home in AC1 and rejected what he thought were crazy ideas. Reuniting them has just turned out really awkward and has drug Desmond's character down into cliche daddy issue territory for me.

So AC4's present setting was better than I expected, but still lacking. I'd like to see a new story with a beginning, middle and end in the present that still leaves the AC universe in a good state for another interesting present story to be told after that. The present day setup has always been interesting for this series, but nothing has ever really happened there. That needs to change.

Landruner
11-13-2013, 03:02 AM
RANT:

I hope Ubisoft reads this message because Black flag's ending was surely THE WORST ending in a game that has ever been done. I though AC3 was terrible, but they really stepped it up this time in making this a money making business rather than trying to satisfy their loyal gamers for who 6, count them 6 games. This is why games like the Bioshock series gets recognition and not these games, they're fun to a point, but if there's no substance to the story, and if it's going to cost you 100+ dollars to actually understand and like it, then that's absolutely ridiculous. If I wanted to play a game just for the fun aspect I'd just play any 2 dollar app on the market right now. Ubisoft can go itself for making it's loyal audience play game after game with no sort of rewarding story ending or conclusion. If I just want to know the ending of the modern day time for AC then I'll just look it up on youtube when it comes out, which at this rate will be in year 2030. It's pointless to play a game for hours on end with a ending like this.

END.
Perhaps you should try to say it this way... ? lol! it sounds better the other way around ,lol! Yep, I understand what you are saying there, and I am sure you are not the only one, and outside this forum, you certainly have hundred of thousands if not millions to wonder or swear the same way you are mentioning there - I have trying myself being open and understanding the all thing myself, and I am lost...(???) and I try to get the extra media too - However; the game is still good and fun to play, and it is what is good right now, for the rest of the continuity with the assassin, the creed and the Templar, I just quit because it does not make any sense now.

Number_Six_1967
11-13-2013, 03:19 AM
What ending would you have liked? No one has stated anything concrete as of yet.

BATISTABUS
11-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Again .
Is the modern story really where you're expecting the most payoff? AC3 and AC4 both had awesome endings to the historical portion...for me that's 8x more important than the modern story's ending. Besides, AC4 wasn't meant to have a true conclusion...there is still plenty of room for expansion in the next game.

PeterPacheco.z
11-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Is the modern story really where you're expecting the most payoff? AC3 and AC4 both had awesome endings to the historical portion...for me that's 8x more important than the modern story's ending. Besides, AC4 wasn't meant to have a true conclusion...there is still plenty of room for expansion in the next game.

I agree it was a fun game to play, and they both had good endings historically, but yes I was expecting a solid pay off in the modern story, that's what the WHOLE Assassin's creed franchise is built off of, yes you are going back in history to figure out what's going on in the future, but the historical part is so predictable by now. You start off not an assassin, you become an assassin you find out about some secret, you find the secret and preserve it..end of historical part. In all of the previous games you get a solid want to continue to play the next game based off of finding out what the hell is going on in the modern time, but for AC3 and AC4 there is none of that, they left SO many open wholes without explanation in AC3, you kill the head of abstergo, your mortal enemy for 4 games with out explanation. You get zero explanation on what was going on with the modern Templar from abstergo that you have to kill in AC3.

Idk if you're looking for a fun game with out too much plot to it (again they're predictable by now), then by all means by the next game, but all the Call of Duty games were basically fun as well. You're just paying 60 bucks for a different setting same plot. That's just me

PeterPacheco.z
11-14-2013, 11:52 PM

AC IV didn't have an ending at all, well for Edward yes, but for the present day? Nothing, which sucks a lot
AC used to be a game with great story telling, conspirations in the Past and in the Present day, even ACIII which had a sad and bad ending as Desmond, I was curious about what will happen after Desmonds death in the next game, but did something happened? NO!

It's nice to know that Shaun and Rebecca are still alive but, their presence is pointless, but I will start with the plot of Modern Day
- You are hired as an Abstergo Employee who is supossed to relive the memories of Edward,
- you are reliving him because Abstergo wanted to find another temple made by TWCB - Observatory
(first I thought, WOW! This sounds interesting, also there were the cubes which contained the blood of those people that lived 80 000 years ago!)
but, then the game slaped me in face, the game was awesome untill DNA sequence 12 came in! -
Edward gets to the Observatory once again, but something is different! yes! the cubes with the blood are totally gone! Edward notices this but there is no explenation where have they gone, who took them and why,
and also I was hoping that Edward will meet Jupiter, Juno Minerva or any other TWCB, but nothing, you just kill the bad old man Torres
then after this, you are back again in present day - John is talking about how we saw his Juno blah blah, but was this really necessary? they just killed him and that's it, the ending of the game, after this, they awake you and tell you that the trailer for the Pirates is finished and I should watch it = but there is no explenation of where Olivier is missing, they don't say that we must find out more about the observatory and where to find the cubes,
also, they atleast could know that to enter the Observatory, Sage is needed, but what have they done? they killed John the Sage! great job Abstergo!= this all means that the plot about getting information about the Observatory was ridiculous
and then? Rebecca and Shaun calls you... they want from you to hack more computers in Abstergo, also, they say, that we will get something for it a present or whatever, and they will call back!
but you go back into the animus and what happens? Edward suddenly is back in his Hideout, he doesn't care about what happened to cubes, or Observatory, or Rogers who didn't die, he just go back to the London with his daughter and ENDING credits, when I first saw this I was like, WTF? That's it? that was an ending? The game just stopped like a train travelling at high speed when suddenly stops

I couldn't agree more with this

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
but yes I was expecting a solid pay off in the modern story

that's what the WHOLE Assassin's creed franchise is built off of

You start off not an assassin, you become an assassin you find out about some secret, you find the secret and preserve it..end of historical part.

in AC3, you kill the head of abstergo, your mortal enemy for 4 games with out explanation. You get zero explanation on what was going on with the modern Templar from abstergo that you have to kill in AC3.

Idk if you're looking for a fun game with out too much plot to it (again they're predictable by now). That's just me
That's an unfair expectation then. You could expect something like that with AC3, where it was promised to be the end of a story arc, but this is just a glimpse into what's to come. It's the start of a new arc, so you SHOULD be left with more questions than answers (as was the case in AC1).

That's what connects everything, and what justifies which stories we're playing. That still holds true in this game.

If you think Edward had the same journey as any previous Assassin protagonist (on a character-based or plot-based level), you didn't play the game.

Vidic is not the head of Abstergo. In AC3, William specifically says that the deaths of Vidic and Daniel Cross aren't very significant, since Vidic was only really responsible for early Animus work, and Cross was nuts. Daniel's story is in The Fall and The Chain.

I don't find newer games to be any more predictable than the old ones, nor do I feel their stories have suffered at all. In fact, I'd rank stories AC1 > AC3 > ACR > AC4 > ACB = AC2. Also, AC4 was a significantly different gameplay experience than any other AC, both on land and sea (for the better).

PeterPacheco.z
11-15-2013, 12:51 AM
That's an unfair expectation then. You could expect something like that with AC3, where it was promised to be the end of a story arc, but this is just a glimpse into what's to come. It's the start of a new arc, so you SHOULD be left with more questions than answers (as was the case in AC1).

That's what connects everything, and what justifies which stories we're playing. That still holds true in this game.

If you think Edward had the same journey as any previous Assassin protagonist (on a character-based or plot-based level), you didn't play the game.

Vidic is not the head of Abstergo. In AC3, William specifically says that the deaths of Vidic and Daniel Cross aren't very significant, since Vidic was only really responsible for early Animus work, and Cross was nuts. Daniel's story is in The Fall and The Chain.

I don't find newer games to be any more predictable than the old ones, nor do I feel their stories have suffered at all. In fact, I'd rank stories AC1 > AC3 > ACR > AC4 > ACB = AC2. Also, AC4 was a significantly different gameplay experience than any other AC, both on land and sea (for the better).

I completely agree with the gameplay experience for sure. But AC3 and AC4 has the exact basic plot outline, again --> you're not an assassin, you become an assassin, you hear about a secret, you preserve the secret. If you don't see that, then you have not played the games. Or any of them for that matter to say that the substance of story telling lies with in the historical part. That is (now was) the heart of the Assassin creed games.

For them to say "their deaths didn't matter" is SUCH an easy way OUT of story telling just to extend them raking in more money for people to just keep on buying their games. Edward was a great character for sure, but look at how it ended. ZERO word about Juno in the historical part directed towards Edward, all he does is kill a head templar (O how different that is from the last game) and he doesn't even give a **** that the other guy is still alive. You just show up at his island like nothing really happened and just head home. There's no substance to the Assassin part of the game, just the Edward character.

Again you're ranking the historical parts of the stories, which are LITERALLY back ground stories to the real story of Assassin's Creed, which is the modern time. To go 6 games deep without closure is straight up ridiculous. Again Ubisoft has given up on their story telling abilities, these games are going to turn into a mixing pot of financial success for Ubisoft rather than closure for their loyal gamers. They should get some story telling advice from the writer of the Bioshock series so they can understand that it's the gamers who come first, not their financial success.

MCRMJ
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I finished ACIV last night and was completely happy with the modern day stuff. I think of it as the start of a new story arc. Lots of stuff people are saying wasn't resolved or explained actually was, just in different ways and it's set the series up for the next few games. Having to piece things together yourself and tie them in with past games and where they could potentially go is very interesting.

The surrogate DNA stuff, Juno, the Observatory, the Sage all interesting. There's still a lot of information to sort through, a lot of it looks like backstory on the face of it (young Vidic, Project Legacy, Subject Zero/1,

When you tie in the Eve stuff from Liberation, there's a lot of new plot strands that will likely be pulled together in the next games. Juno gaining a physical body and reuniting with her husband (likely the main reason for hating humans) and getting revenge is a decent premise. It's also quite possible you'll see a lot more from the perspective of the Templars/Abstergo with an Assassin's on the fringe like in Black Flag.

There are a lot of possible ways they can take things now, that's even before you add in Erudito etc, which is a lot more than you could say after the end of 3. After being faceless in this one though I would like the introduction of the character you play as as a real protagonist in the next game though, that's the only thing I felt was missing.

TheArcaneEagle
11-17-2013, 05:55 PM
- SPOILERS START BEYOND THIS POINT -

I was hugely disappointed with the modern day ending. I thought the first person character would join Rebecca and Shaun to rebuild the Assassins Brotherhood after Desmonds death in AC3.

I was hoping to see some Mirrors Edge style parkour in First Person ifthe character became an assassin but sadly not the case. Not even a cutscene to signify the modern day ending, just a dumb, fake trailer with clips from the real AC4:BF trailers; there was no satisfaction because most people had seen all of the AC4:BF trailers.

Hacking was and still is pretty cool but in my opinion it was the weakest modern day story line up there with the first AC. They tried to be different with the first-person but it was too big of a jump especially when there is no thrill or combat to keep one engaged in the modern day setting and not feel as if they are being dragged out from the Animus.

However the ending to Edwards Story line was so good; it is the best ending to a AC game ever. The song Anne sings whilst Edward walks through Great Inagua and meets his daughter for the first time is heart-warming. Then the final cutscene with Haytham at the theater that he mentioned in the previous AC game was the cherry on top for me.

It would have been nice to have an epilogue for Edward to finish off Woodes Rogers after he escaped to London and end his career as an Assassin to care for his family. But I assume Rogers escape is for another game (perhaps?).

AND THANK GOD they didn't end on a god damn cliffhanger which could imply they are not doing AC games annually anymore?

- SPOLIERS END HERE -

Hans684
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM

-_- Not worth discussing, you are overcritical(everything has a limit), juging by what you said i would say you have only played the games and you semmes confused by the story becouse of that, something that makes you overcritical ect. You expect to know everything by just ACIVBF alone? AC3 ended Desmond's story arc and ACIVBF is the begging of the new story arc. Look at ACIVBF as AC1, and don't say it's COD. Dosen't make it more valid. AC2(most likely your favorite) is't any diffrent in story telling, and it's first and foremost your opinion. Opinion is not fact(not saying you claimed that) and it has nothing to do with it, the closet it gets is being based on a fact but that doesen't make it one. And AC is still AC, your just upset, angry, dissepointed, confused and only complain.

Perk89
11-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I enjoyed how the TWCB aspect was handled in regards to Edward. It kept a sense of wonder about it for Edward, and, if you've read Forsaken, he follows through on that curiosity.

I'm not overly fond of the modern day segment. The hacked info was sweet (the market analysis were amazing), and it was time consuming which was great. But it did end abruptly, with the it almost vaguely hinting there will be some kind of Assassin/Templar collaboration-which is the last thing the modern day storyline needs.

(though I suppose if you feel the series will go long enough for the modern day storyline to have 3 acts-one with Desmond's story, the second being the Assassin/Templar collaboration to stop Juno, building up to the third which could be an ending of sorts to the Assassin/Templar conflict, then it could work well)

I also want a modern day protagonist back. Not a fan of the clunky, faceless, first person nobody guy. I don't buy that it's "me."

Perk89
11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Do you guys think we could possibly have something like Revelations 2 where we get to relive the rest of Edward and Connor's lives? If you think about it, it's not such a bad idea. It won't be a major installment in the series, but I wouldn't mind it.
By the end of AC4. Edward and his little family are celebrating Haytham's 8th birthday, which means he has exactly 2 more years left in his life. Could that period possibly be implemented into the game? I'd love to be able to play it. Technically, we haven't played as EDWARD the ASSASSIN yet. Also, what happens to Connor after AC3? Where does he find his future wife? How does he die? I'd like to relive that, too.

I would love this.

Why not play as Edward the Assassin in London in short spurts (or long ones, heck, have London be a major city and another major city for Connor to hop around 50 years later, time is of no consequence here. It'd be awesome to take this approach the more I think about it.

It'd be cool for Edward to leave something for his ancestor to find, something that will spur Connor on. Would add a lot to each of their character's well.. character.. as well.

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
I loved the Modern-Dar story arc in ACIV, of course...it's sad that our character don't speak, doesn't have a face, body, voice, defined sex, story, etc. But the best thing in his/her arc is the computers hacking, the Desmnod's Memos, Subject Zero Files, etc were great thing to find, I loved it. BUT, I really hope this First-Person thing doesn't come back in future games, I hope he come back to the good and old third person view, with a character with face, voice, defined sex, etc.

RinoTheBouncer
11-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, we really need a character with an identity. This “you” thing is really lame. We were so involved with the story and felt like we’re part of it, and I felt like I am Desmond back then when playing the games and was eager for every game so no need for a game with a non-existent story and and FPS character that I’m forced to think it’s me. Lets return to 3rd person because AC is about assassination not hacking. At least make us play as Rebecca or Shaun as the hackers. At least someone we know.

Let us see the creed in the past and the present, not just relive the past that is full of struggle and battles and see the present being so lame. ACI, II, Brotherhood and Revelations were almost 90% about the Assassins and their work regardless of the nationality. With ACIII, we started making an assassin out of another creed/faction. ACIII had a native being among red coats and the others, now it’s pirates.. next it’s gonna be world war soldier, then a ninja, then what? let’s focus on the Assassins, Templars and first civilization.

Eduard413
11-18-2013, 01:51 AM
-_- Not worth discussing, you are overcritical(everything has a limit), juging by what you said i would say you have only played the games and you semmes confused by the story becouse of that, something that makes you overcritical ect. You expect to know everything by just ACIVBF alone? AC3 ended Desmond's story arc and ACIVBF is the begging of the new story arc. Look at ACIVBF as AC1, and don't say it's COD. Dosen't make it more valid. AC2(most likely your favorite) is't any diffrent in story telling, and it's first and foremost your opinion. Opinion is not fact(not saying you claimed that) and it has nothing to do with it, the closet it gets is being based on a fact but that doesen't make it one. And AC is still AC, your just upset, angry, dissepointed, confused and only complain.

Yes I am upset and overcritical, because I was one of the biggest fans of this franchise in the world, I really loved the story of this franchise, I knew everything about the story, everything was good untill Black FLag ...
the newest Modern Day story is terrible, yes there are many interesting Voice Recordings about Subject 1 or some Notes about First Civilization Technology,
but I expected a story progression after ACIII, first it starts interesting, you are hired as an employee and you know you must research the life of Edward because of the Observatory and the BLood Vials = but in the end, it was all pointless, blood vials are gone and nobody knows who took them and why, why Abstergo doesn't care about observatory = well I noticed there is a small note if you look at the Animus Database = there is a message that is stating something like this: yes, we god the location, we are going there.... but I expected this to be a huge plot twist with something new to reveal
past AC Games had a reason to go to the past, ACIV has it too because of the observatory = but I was hoping for some explanation, and video of what happens when Abstergo get's the location of the Observatory... what will happen with the main character/ employee ... and so on, so, in the end, like I said, It was so pointless

so to be honest, you sir, are not an Assassin's Creed fan like I am, true fans of this series knows that the Modern Day story was good and interesting, and this newest installment of the series ruined it totally, you are just some kid that is buying this game for gameplay just like Call of Duty,
well and yes, this series is not like Call of Duty, only about 40% because of the story, Modern Day was the thing that was so interesting in this series because it was so good tied with history but now, like some person on this thread mentioned, Edward story was good yes, After Ezio story, it was one of the best in the series, but... I felt so empty after finishing it, because it didn't gave me nothing new
next year when you are playing as the Egyptian Assassin, I bet that the story will be same, you are some man with nothing to do, you came to contact with Assassins, in the end, you kill master templar and that's all...
and I know that Ubisoft is busy about giving us new additions to the gameplay - i appreciate it, it's nice from them, every AC game had a lot of new additions, but without the modern day, oh maan...
What happened to the AC games that I used to know?
I complain, but because I loved this series and I don't like what is happening with it, and also yes, AC1 - AC2 - ACB - ACR were my favourites because the Modern day story was so interesting and cool and after finishing each game I couldn't wait what happens next