PDA

View Full Version : Interop with Destroyer command.

TASKFORCE1x1
06-05-2004, 02:14 AM
We gotta have this again, I mean multiplayer between the surface fleet. There was nothing more fun than battleing it out with human players than boaring AI. You have seen the old SHII and DC where people already made modifications to be able to power the battleships or merchant ships. It shouldnt take much to make DC again because anyways you do use the same gaming engine. Look at Battlefield. The reason BF1942/vietnam and soon to come BF2 is so popular is because you can do much more!!!

TASKFORCE1x1
06-05-2004, 02:14 AM
We gotta have this again, I mean multiplayer between the surface fleet. There was nothing more fun than battleing it out with human players than boaring AI. You have seen the old SHII and DC where people already made modifications to be able to power the battleships or merchant ships. It shouldnt take much to make DC again because anyways you do use the same gaming engine. Look at Battlefield. The reason BF1942/vietnam and soon to come BF2 is so popular is because you can do much more!!!

Egan2.0
06-05-2004, 06:25 AM
I don't know how helpful comparing a sim with an online shooter is but I know one thing - i would much rather they concentrate on getting Sh3 right before they even think about a new destroyer command, As much as i would like to see one.

Mind you, i couldn't give a hoot about online play. A lot of it seems to be a way around even bothering with creating decent AI routines. A lot of the times I have played on line the Real Intelligence hasn't been much more interesting that the artificial! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gilbertf-france
06-05-2004, 04:51 PM
i would rather have a good submarine game where we can create scenarios and have fun together rathen than have a moderate destroyer vs sub games http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Willey
06-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Somewhere I picked up that they're going to make a "Controllable Destroyers for Muliplay" Addon... it was around the E³ stuff. That would really rock. An open, moddable SH3 will grant this as well as other additions.

jagtigermk2
06-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Nothing can compare with human opponents, i find AI very boring compared to playing againts another worthy opponenet.

Having good multiplayer support, will help the SH3 community to grow.