PDA

View Full Version : Ashraf Ismail does not want to work on another Connor game

Pages : [1] 2 3

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Saw this on Twitter.. Not even going to bother commenting on it...

@AshrafAIsmail (https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail) Would you like to work on a Connor sequel?I think he's a great character who needs closure :( Altair got it too. So should he

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000044778059/aaf129845a524c54306f012b152be89e_normal.jpeg (https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail)@NabsatMelbourne (https://twitter.com/NabsatMelbourne) honestly, no. Mostly bcz I need to be intrigued by the time period and setting and that time period is not exciting for me

Then i saw this

Darby McDevitt ‏@DarbyMcDevitt (https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt)5 Nov (https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/397847491200028672) All the forum people are so sad now. So sad. Sorry forum people. Life is cruel. Game devs moreso.

I hereby play a video in his remembrance

http://youtu.be/g59vyPocZQQ

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Ask Ash if he likes Ancient Greece and is intrigued by it.

ArabianFrost
11-07-2013, 01:30 PM
lol can't say I don't agree. America is unbelievably mundane.

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh i didn't ask him that, It was someone else, I just saw it, copied and pasted, Although Ancient Greece is my Number 1 time period i want for AC.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh i didn't ask him that, It was someone else, I just saw it, copied and pasted, Although Ancient Greece is my Number 1 time period i want for AC.Ah okay, someone with Twitter ask Ash that, please?

AC: Greece can't fail though, imagine that with a modern day in the Cold War.

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Ah okay, someone with Twitter ask Ash that, please?

Greece is on par to be one of the most popular cities in AC alongside with Italy in AC2.
Although i have come to accept it i just cant believe they are ditching Connor, I honestly thought he would get another game, Ezio gets 3 games, and the more interesting protagonists get 1.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Greece is on par to be one of the most popular cities in AC alongside with Italy in AC2.
Although i have come to accept it i just cant believe they are ditching Connor, I honestly thought he would get another game, Ezio gets 3 games, and the more interesting protagonists get 1.I disagree about the more interesting part but lets not get into that.

Also I think it's because Ubi one to push a one protagonist per game approach and with them giving closure to everyone then other fans will get jealous and feel cheated on as what's happening now, but if Ubi stop this early enough like they are now it'll never happen again.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM

orgasm.

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
I would prefer them to go WAY back... like in the Before christ (bc) time period, Greco Persian wars. Theres so much for them to explore. I think 2 games in the 1700's is enough. Time for a new change. I cant really blame Ashraf for his response since so many people are asking him, at least he is not giving false hope.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I would prefer them to go WAY back... like in the Before christ (bc) time period, Greco Persian wars. Theres so much for them to explore. I think 2 games in the 1700's is enough. Time for a new change. I cant really blame Ashraf for his response since so many people are asking him, at least he is not giving false hope.Same, I think we need to visit the Persian Invasions and then Alexander's time, they're about a 100 years apart so maybe have the first game in the Greco-Persian wars and then the protag's grandson or great grandson with Alexander and Prince Philip II of Macedon.

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Same, I think we need to visit the Persian Invasions and then Alexander's time, they're about a 100 years apart so maybe have the first game in the Greco-Persian wars and then the protag's grandson or great grandson with Alexander and Prince Philip II of Macedon.

With AC time periods its either the ones you expect the least or the ones you talk about the most that generate hype..As i remember many people called the American revolution after ACR, And no one believed the "Black flag" leak because no one expected Pirates. I really hope we get Greece next year...will be very curious around that March-May time for announcements.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Same, I think we need to visit the Persian Invasions and then Alexander's time, they're about a 100 years apart so maybe have the first game in the Greco-Persian wars and then the protag's grandson or great grandson with Alexander and Prince Philip II of Macedon.
Oh God yess!!! Please please please!! If they don't give us a Connor game, that's the least they could do now!!! :mad: :D

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 02:08 PM
With AC time periods its either the ones you expect the least or the ones you talk about the most that generate hype..As i remember many people called the American revolution after ACR, And no one believed the "Black flag" leak because no one expected Pirates. I really hope we get Greece next year...will be very curious around that March-May time for announcements.I'm almost hoping for the Greek game to be around 2015, where it's fully next gen and not held back by current gen. I'm not going to complain about it coming any sooner though.

The devs seem to be hinting at Egypt a lot, that could all be a diversion though. We'll probably get something around December about Yves telling us how great it'll be, then some DLC in January maybe and the the announcement come March-May 2014.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah lol.. I remember people posting : That name is just too amateurish to be a real name. And look where we are now. Its orect, they go whether they can generate hype o where you least expect the to. After ACR all of us were expecting French Revolution, but they went westwards.

Farlander1991
11-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah lol.. I remember people posting : That name is just too amateurish to be a real name. And look where we are now. Its orect, they go whether they can generate hype o where you least expect the to. After ACR all of us were expecting French Revolution, but they went westwards.

Doesn't help that Ubisoft deliberately kept the speculation going :p Fleur-de-lis in the teaser poster for AC3, anyone? :D

Though, I must say, a lot of people did actually think American Revolution for some reason.
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20100329-bd73f.jpg

(image is from 2010)

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 03:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This means AC V next year..BS!

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 03:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This means AC V next year..BS!No it doesn't?

However AC V was always going to be next year.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 03:36 PM
So when do you think the next game will be announced? After Christmas? What date was it last year that Black Flag was announced by the way?

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 03:39 PM
No it doesn't?

However AC V was always going to be next year.
Yes it does...
Connors Story is over, Edwards Story is Over...
MAYBE just maybe we will get an Adawele game next year, but TBH I don't want to see more of the caribbean.
I get why they arent doing it..because then everyone would expect and demand a sequel for every assassin but damn, Connor is the only one not getting closure....
I pray they at least give him a salute like they did with altair in a future game.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 03:42 PM
So when do you think the next game will be announced? After Christmas? What date was it last year that Black Flag was announced by the way?

They planned march but it was leaked in FEB i think with the poster art.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes it does...
MAYBE just maybe we will get an Adawele game next year, but TBH I don't want to see more of the caribbean.
I get why they arent doing it..because then everyone would expect and demand a sequel for every assassin but damn, Connor is the only one not getting closure....
I pray they at least give him a salute like they did with altair in a future game.Oh I thought you meant that no AC game will be coming next year.

Connor doesn't need a salute, he's done, he'll probably get a reference in a later game but he didn't really do much in terms of the Brotherhood so I doubt he's held on a pedestal as high as Altair or Ezio.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh I thought you meant that no AC game will be coming next year.

Connor doesn't need a salute, he's done, he'll probably get a reference in a later game but he didn't really do much in terms of the Brotherhood so I doubt he's held on a pedestal as high as Altair or Ezio.

I want to know how and when he dies...how hes matured since i last said goodbye to him
Im not asking for another game (would prefer that) but maybe at least an AC Embers short animated film. (but one all over the place in his life lol not the last hour of his life liek they did with Ezio lol

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I want to know how and when he dies...how hes matured since i last said goodbye to him
Im not asking for another game (would prefer that) but maybe at least an AC Embers short animated film. (but one all over the place in his life lol not the last hour of his life liek they did with Ezio lolYou only needed the last couple of weeks of Ezio's life because we'd seen most of it.

They've already stated an Embers type film is unlikely, it took 6 months to make.

Connor is done, just like Desmond, Ezio, Altair and Edward (they could make some Edward DLC but I doubt it).

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 03:58 PM
You only needed the last couple of weeks of Ezio's life because we'd seen most of it.

They've already stated an Embers type film is unlikely, it took 6 months to make.

Connor is done, just like Desmond, Ezio, Altair and Edward (they could make some Edward DLC but I doubt it).

But Ezio Altair Edward And Desmond ALL got clusre

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 03:59 PM
But Ezio Altair Edward And Desmond ALL got clusreSo?

If Ubi starts doing it for everyone then this series will get bogged down.

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Ezio gets three games, Altiar gets a half game, and Connor only one. Sad day. I really thought he was going to get another. Can't they have him travel somewhere else, they do know they're not confined in America, right?

Landruner
11-07-2013, 04:11 PM
So?

If Ubi starts doing it for everyone then this series will get bogged down.

They already bogged down with annual releases :rolleyes: lol

luckyto
11-07-2013, 04:14 PM
lol can't say I don't agree. America is unbelievably mundane.

People were saying that two years before they announced AC3. I was one of them. In the end, I was glad to have it; but it was atmosphere that did bring down the game overall because it was mundane (ie Boston and New York look alike, etc).

Kaschra
11-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I really understand where Ashraf is coming from. I share his opinion.
I really don't want the US as a setting anytime soon again.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 04:31 PM
They already bogged down with annual releases :rolleyes: lol

So let's bog down the series more with more sequels?

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Ezio gets three games, Altiar gets a half game, and Connor only one. Sad day. I really thought he was going to get another. Can't they have him travel somewhere else, they do know they're not confined in America, right?

Altair got 3 and a half games! (and an upcoming movie - so i think) , Ezio got 4 and 2 movies
Aveline gets 1 game and a feature in AC IV
Connor gets 1 game and no features...at least give him a vita game puhleaseee even if its only 10 hours of gameplay
I need to knoww :D

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Altair got 3 and a half games! (and an upcoming movie - so i think) , Ezio got 4 and 2 movies
Aveline gets 1 game and a feature in AC IV
Connor gets 1 game and no features...at least give him a vita game puhleaseee even if its only 10 hours of gameplay
I need to knoww :D

Mainline series anyways, in context of Altair and Ezio. :)

But foreal, they DO know they can send Connor somewhere else. Connor doesn't always have to equal America only. What about the French Revolution we all wanted?

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Mainline series anyways, in context of Altair and Ezio. :)

But foreal, they DO know they can send Connor somewhere else. Connor doesn't always have to equal America only. What about the French Revolution we all wanted?

I want them to send him to Africa for an origins story..I think it would make sense to make the closest modern non animus assassin to do an origins story with (unless they ACTUALLY just flat out did an origins story with the original assassins - Adam and Eve (HIGHLY UNLIKELY))
I hope Connor is the closest to modern day we will go lol (wouldnt mind meeting honest Abe, but thats about as far as id like to see them go into the future lol)

EaglePrince25
11-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Well that sucks. He certainly wasn't my favorite protagonist, but I enjoyed him nonetheless, and feel they could've done far more with him given another game or 2, just like they did with Ezio. I at least hope they invest in a comic story for him to wrap the character up.

kosmoscreed
11-07-2013, 05:08 PM
That's what you get when you are the worst character in the entire franchise, you get nothing.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 05:15 PM
That's what you get when you are the worst character in the entire franchise, you get nothing.

lolol

Sushiglutton
11-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I agree with him that US was not the best setting for AC. One of Ubi's greatest strengths is to create beautiful and vibrand worlds (as opposed to all the dark gritty ones that are so popular in gaming), which started with the Sands Of Time (at least I think so). Whenever they have tried to go for something darker/browner (Warrior Within, AC3) the atmosphere feels a bit flat, like it misses some of that Ubi-magic.

I don't mind if the stories are dark and gritty as long as the worlds they take place in have that natural beauty!

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Whenever sushi types something I find myself automatically agreeing with him/her..

Shahkulu101
11-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Not like Ashraf will be working on another AC again anyway - another disadvantage of annualisation.

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh look, another discussion about time periods.

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
HA! I know not.

I want them to send him to Africa for an origins story..I think it would make sense to make the closest modern non animus assassin to do an origins story with (unless they ACTUALLY just flat out did an origins story with the original assassins - Adam and Eve (HIGHLY UNLIKELY))
I hope Connor is the closest to modern day we will go lol (wouldnt mind meeting honest Abe, but thats about as far as id like to see them go into the future lol)
Funny, I was thinking Africa as well for Connor. Though I do hope as well that Connor is as Modern as we get gamewise.

poptartz20
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
No love for 'Merica!

Lol. I love how everybody is tired of the same time period now. but Ezio 3 games in his "lifetime" all within the same time period technically. I am really disappointed to hear that Connor really is done with. :( like a book on a shelf that is never dusted.

I guess the next logical steps would be for either Greece which would be really cool or Japan/China. Curious for both of those! then again we will have RYSE:Son Of Rome which will be the equivalent right?

Shahkulu101
11-07-2013, 06:31 PM
No love for 'Merica!

Lol. I love how everybody is tired of the same time period now. but Ezio 3 games in his "lifetime" all within the same time period technically. I am really disappointed to hear that Connor really is done with. :( like a book on a shelf that is never dusted.

I guess the next logical steps would be for either Greece which would be really cool or Japan/China. Curious for both of those! then again we will have RYSE:Son Of Rome which will be the equivalent right?

Italy was pretty, Constantinople was stunning and Ezio was better.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
No love for 'Merica!

Lol but atleast there was visual diversity. Italy and Constantinople, are poles apart (I didn't include Rome because I myself felt it was a little too similar to AC2's cities)

Too bad Ryse is a M$ exclusive, I was actually interested in that game. But yes, I'd do (almost) anything to see an AC game set in ancient greece/persia.

poptartz20
11-07-2013, 06:52 PM
America in the states and the Caribbean are 2 different places entirely?

so I'm not sure where that is going. : |

Rome was terribly close to Italy.

and actually I don't know if Ezio is really better... or more so if it was his setting of Italy. Because currently I am replaying AC2 and I love the places you get to climb and the mystery behind the tombs and whatnot. It's not so much Ezio. I really love Italy! ( Don't get me wrong.. but In AC2 Ezio is kinda dumb and cocky, and pushy a bit not that I didn't like him but geez.)

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 06:53 PM
America in the states and the Caribbean are 2 different places entirely?

so I'm not sure where that is going. : |

and actually I don't know if Ezio is really better... or more so if it was his setting of Italy. Because currently I am replaying AC2 and I love the places you get to climb and the mystery behind the tombs and whatnot. It's not so much Ezio. I really love Italy! ( Don't get me wrong.. but In AC2 Ezio is kinda dumb and cocky, and pushy a bit not that I didn't like him but geez.)

This is why I prefer AC:B Ezio. Wiser and not a ****.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
No, but if there is to be a Connor sequel people assume he'd remain somewhere close to AC3's region.

poptartz20
11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Ehh.. it doesn't have to be region persay. Granted these ideas off the top of my head and don't correlate with history but he could have gone north or south so Canada or the Bayou. then there is also the west! and then out to sea! ya know but oh well.. no point since he's done with. lol.

@ pac Yeah..because right now I find Ezio rather annoying. Lol! I'm replaying the Trilogy so it's nice to go back and see everything again. Also because I'm older too. Weird how that works.

also last thing... really Ryse!? haha I haven't heard good things from that game in awhile!

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
This is why I prefer AC:B Ezio. Wiser and not a ****.

Me, too. I started to warm up to him and like him in Brotherhood and Revelations. Not so much in ACII.

No, but if there is to be a Connor sequel people assume he'd remain somewhere close to AC3's region.

You know what they say about assumptions...

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 07:12 PM
I liked the americas and wouldnt mind seeing another minimal populized setting...seeing some coon hats and such haha some log cabins...
an AC entirely set in a place like the frontier (little towns in the forest, trees= buildings)
would be cool if done right...

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 07:27 PM
You know what they say about assumptions...

Yeah but here there are two distinctive groups of Connor fans. If it was upto me I'd throw him all the way to Paris. But other fans want him closer to home for him to be "in character".

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't understand why people say Ezio was still a womanizer in AC:B. He did like 3-4 things that showed he liked women yeah but whats wrong with that :S.

Anyway... moving on.

xaventh
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
There technically cant be an AC game before AC1's time period. The AC order ( loosely calling it this in regards to real history) was created in that time period, in real life history and game history.

SPOILERS VERY MINOR SPOILERS DONT KNOW HOW TO HIDE

On another note, Abstergo did trace ancestor lineage from Desmond during the French Revolution on his mothers side. On his fathers side was the American Colonies. So it is possible that we could play during the French Revolution and have Connor in the game since those time periods overlap and the ancestry is split.

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah but here there are two distinctive groups of Connor fans. If it was upto me I'd throw him all the way to Paris. But other fans want him closer to home for him to be "in character".

Nah, as incredibly interesting as it would be to continue for Connor to witness the eradication of his peoples, he also has a strong bond to the Assassins. And if there's a group that needs him personally somewhere else, he'll go. Answering the call of duty, so to speak.

I don't understand why people say Ezio was still a womanizer in AC:B. He did like 3-4 things that showed he liked women yeah but whats wrong with that :S.

Anyway... moving on.
Even so, he still was in ACB, it just was nowhere near as much as ACII. By the time we hit him in ACR, he only has one woman to focus on.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
There technically cant be an AC game before AC1's time period. The AC order ( loosely calling it this in regards to real history) was created in that time period, in real life history and game history.

No Adam and Ever were the first Assassins BUT you could make a point saying that the Templar only existed in the crusades buuuuuut then theres the whole Ezio, Edward, and Connor still battling the Templar ;) So they aren't really trying that hard to stay historically correct with The Templar and Assassin Orders haha

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I really wouldn't like another game set during a Revolution (France). It would just end up dominating the story. But then I'm one of the people that would like the next Assassin to have a close and personal relationship to the Creed. I get that Assassin's are now everywhere and have lives away from the Order with different motivations for joining, but I think Ubi could make it work depending on when and where the game's set.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Before AC1's times, they weren't CALLED Assassins and Templars, but the groups have existed since very old times.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Why are there so many of these threads?

Who the **** really wants another Connor game?

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Why are there so many of these threads?

Who the **** really wants another Connor game?

Only cool people..you wouldnt understand.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Only cool people..you wouldnt understand.
Haha! This!

About Connor: yes, I've noticed there are two groups when it comes to Connor's location. lol They either prefer closer to home, so he can stay closer to his roots, or far away. I personally wouldn't mind anywhere. But admittedly I would prefer something that's non-American due to the period's slightly dull architecture. :/

About Ezio, I also started warming up to him after AC:B but mostly in AC:R. (lol, maybe he got only one woman in the end because he was getting older and out of options! ^^)

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Nah, as incredibly interesting as it would be to continue for Connor to witness the eradication of his peoples, he also has a strong bond to the Assassins. And if there's a group that needs him personally somewhere else, he'll go. Answering the call of duty, so to speak.

Even so, he still was in ACB, it just was nowhere near as much as ACII. By the time we hit him in ACR, he only has one woman to focus on.

But so what, he likes women, I like women, I show it, Ezio showed it, however it was minimal in AC:B.

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I dont understand why some people are so appalled by the possibility of him going to France. Just because of his race, he doesnt have to stay in a certain area.

Based on that easter egg showing possible locations, since the french revolution assassin is on the matrilineal side, and Connor is on the patrilineal side, he will not be going to france. However, this french assassin could be his lover, when the two sides meet, and the next time period is also on the patrilineal side, which is in New England and American Midwest, so it is quite possible that this is where Connor would go next if he had a sequel. Of course, they also could be referring to a different ancestor, maybe the child of Connor, who goes there. The possibilities are nearly endless.

I would also like to visit that Miriam ancestor...but her story was all but told in ther modern day.

Happy to see feudal japan in the options as well.

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2013, 08:36 PM
But so what, he likes women, I like women, I show it, Ezio showed it, however it was minimal in AC:B.

What about how one of the first sequences shows him bathing and having sex with Caterina, and he also continues to seduce her throughout the game, and then seduces Lucrezia. I am not saying that this is a bad trait, but you should not try to diminish Ezio's key character trait: his womanizing ways.

LatinaC09
11-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm cool that they're done with Connor. If they do another game with him I'd be fine with that too AS LONG AS it doesn't turn into another Brotherhood and Revelations drag.

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 08:50 PM
What about how one of the first sequences shows him bathing and having sex with Caterina, and he also continues to seduce her throughout the game, and then seduces Lucrezia. I am not saying that this is a bad trait, but you should not try to diminish Ezio's key character trait: his womanizing ways.

Ezio was in the bath alone. Caterina was the one that entered the room, took her clothes off and got in the tub. He seduced Lucrezia because he used charm to get what he needed. Not exactly a trait only present in womanizers. I don't really see him as a womanizer in AC:B tbh.

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
He doesn't need a game set in the US. He needs a continuation of his story. It doesn't matter if its a game,comic, novel, movie. I just want to see him grow as a character. And i am sure i am no the only one. They created such a unique and compelling character. Just dropping him like he doesn't mean anything is just wasted potential imo. Such a shame i realy looked foreward to more Connor. So sad. I will keep fighting for it though. And the road may not always take me where i wish to go. But i will travel it down nonetheless.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM
He doesn't need a game set in the US. He needs a continuation of his story. It doesn't matter if its a game,comic, novel, movie. I just want to see him grow as a character. And i am sure i am no the only one. They created such a unique and compelling character. Just dropping him like he doesn't mean anything is just wasted potential imo. Such a shame i realy looked foreward to more Connor. So sad. I will keep fighting for it though. And the road may not always take me where i wish to go. But i will travel it down nonetheless.

nah i dont wanna read his story, just watch or play lol

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
nah i dont wanna read his story, just watch or play lol
I would prefer that too, but we probably won't get a game. Or this just take make us so much more happy when they do announce a Conor game. but now i would be happy with any medium.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
I would prefer that too, but we probably won't get a game. Or this just take make us so much more happy when they do announce a Coonor game. but now i would be happy with any medium.
Well, there's always the possibility they're trolling us now... Ubitroll LOL

LoyalACFan
11-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I dont understand why some people are so appalled by the possibility of him going to France. Just because of his race, he doesnt have to stay in a certain area.

Primarily just because a French Revolution game would be better experienced through a French character. Simple as that. AC tries to have protagonists whose personal stories are relevant to the time period/location the game is set in (i.e. Altair was an actual Assassin during their real-life reign, Ezio was a Florentine nobleman in the Renaissance, Edward was, well, a pirate in the Golden Age of Piracy), but then... they're going to have their next protagonist be a Native American in Revolutionary France? It just doesn't make sense. He'd have zero personal ties to the setting or conflict. It would be as if they made the hero of AC3 be some random Prussian or German who came over to the US when the war started.

However, we could satisfy everyone's desires by having a French Revolution game with a French protagonist, and Connor in sort of a Malik or Machiavelli type of role. A very prominent supporting character, but not the protagonist. They could even give him a playable DLC if they wanted, just like they're doing with Adewale. Then at the very end, he retires, dies, or gets married and settles down. French Revolution game + French character + Connor closure = everyone's happy.

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, there's always the possibility they're trolling us now... Ubitroll LOL
This could be possible because its strange they say straigt in our face Connor is probably not getting a sequel. Normally they just let us guess, forever...

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 09:39 PM
This could be possible because its strange they say straigt in our face Connor is probably not getting a sequel. Normally they just let us guess, forever...
And there's a new Connor statue coming out February/March... LOL Coincidence?
Hmmm....

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:42 PM
And there's a new Connor statue coming out February/March... LOL Coincidence?
Hmmm....
A , a statue? what where?

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 09:43 PM
A , a statue? what where?
I mean this one by Square Enix (Play Arts Kai): https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/merchandise/ASSASSIN-S-CREED-III-PLAY-ARTS-KAI-Connor.php

(see the release date) lol

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Ah, but those are action figures. Sold by someone else. I wouldn't use that as an indication. I can't find anything ac related there though?

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I mean this one by Square Enix (Play Arts Kai): https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/merchandise/ASSASSIN-S-CREED-III-PLAY-ARTS-KAI-Connor.php

(see the release date) lol

You are so in denial :|

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Ah, but those are action figures. Sold by someone else. I wouldn't use that as an indication. I can't find anything ac related there though?
The link doesn't work?? Maybe it's only visible to certain European countries...
Oh they're sold by Square Enix but they're still official Ubisoft-authorized figures.

Oh well... *grasping at straws* lol

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
And you will wear my pink sig, one day. :cool:

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 10:00 PM
And you will wear my pink sig, one day. :cool:

The fact that you think Ubisoft are trolling is also crazy denial :| JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 10:03 PM
The fact that you think Ubisoft are trolling is also crazy denial :| JUST LOOK AT YOURSELF.
But... I haz no mirror in my room. :(

GreatBeyonder
11-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I have to say, ACIII's setting was a far more difficult sale than the Renaissance or Golden Age of Pirates. However, it remains by far the most ambitious story thusfar, and succeeds in spectacular fashion. But outside of the Indian Wars (Probably THE most depressing option for a Connor sequel) or the French Revolution (OUI!), I can't really see them using him again soon. Still, ACIII remains my favorite, and ubisoft certainly liked him enough to give us what is easily the most whacked out AC DLC ever.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Is there really a need to have like three of these threads?

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Is there really a need to have like three of these threads?

Post game forum madness...

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 12:24 AM
I have to say, ACIII's setting was a far more difficult sale than the Renaissance or Golden Age of Pirates. However, it remains by far the most ambitious story thusfar, and succeeds in spectacular fashion. But outside of the Indian Wars (Probably THE most depressing option for a Connor sequel) or the French Revolution (OUI!), I can't really see them using him again soon. Still, ACIII remains my favorite, and ubisoft certainly liked him enough to give us what is easily the most whacked out AC DLC ever.

The foundation of the country where the series sells the most?

GreatBeyonder
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
The foundation of the country where the series sells the most?

Believe it or not, yes, at least compared to Leonardo da Vinci and Blackbeard.

DisbandedBox359
11-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Post game forum madness...

I come back to the forum and all hell is breaking loose haha

Landruner
11-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Yes it does...
I pray they at least give him a salute like they did with altair in a future game.

AC3 Revolution (Director Cut Edition) here is the Solution(?)

Will you be okay with a Connor & Aveline Finale during the French revolution called something like AC Sovereignty - Game just in HD version (Arcade version as the new AC liberation HD)? - I mean they could do a finale for both Connor & Aveline in arcade HD game. New Arcade game with possibility of Co-op mode between Connor & Aveline...? I mean why not Ubisoft?

After UBI could release later in 2015 & 2016 the all package for $29 or $49 including the original AC3 (re-edited) + its DLCs + a 5 to 10 min animated long movie of Desmond in order to make up the abrupt ending...., and in the package the two AC arcade games in some "AC3 Revolution" director cut edition release? - They could make money from the fans of Connor and Aveline with that, and if AC3 re-edited some curious of the new AC3 as well It will make a lot of people happy with that franchise (???) - I don't know just I am trying to suggest ideas for fans and Ubisoft there...

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 07:11 AM
AC3 Revolution (Director Cut Edition) here is the Solution(?)

Will you be okay with a Connor & Aveline Finale during the French revolution called something like AC Sovereignty - Game just in HD version (Arcade version as the new AC liberation HD)? - I mean they could do a finale for both Connor & Aveline in arcade HD game. New Arcade game with possibility of Co-op mode between Connor & Aveline...? I mean why not Ubisoft?

After UBI could release later in 2015 & 2016 the all package for $29 or $49 including the original AC3 (re-edited) + its DLCs + a 5 to 10 min animated long movie of Desmond in order to make up the abrupt ending...., and in the package the two AC arcade games in some "AC3 Revolution" director cut edition release? - They could make money from the fans of Connor and Aveline with that, and if AC3 re-edited some curious of the new AC3 as well It will make a lot of people happy with that franchise (???) - I don't know just I am trying to suggest ideas for fans and Ubisoft there...That'll never happen.

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Can't blame the guy for not wanting to work on the time period.

At this point, I'd be extremely happy to get an Embers-style video covering a segment of Connor's life post-AC3.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 07:18 AM
That'll never happen.

I know, I know...but If it could bring money (?)...UBISOFT will do something like that...:rolleyes:

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 07:22 AM
You know what's funny, Ezio has more of a chance at being in another game then Connor does lololololololololol

Landruner
11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
You know what's funny, Ezio has more of a chance at being in another game then Connor does lololololololololol

LOLLOLLOL I know and I was thinking the same, poor Connor... my point is that from some artistic point of view, UBI should at least try to do something about it.

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Ashraf Ismail does not want to work on another Connor game

and I don't want to play another Connor game.

HiddenKiller612
11-08-2013, 08:09 AM
It'd be funny if they brought Connor back in a game... only to be killed 3 sequences in and have a new assassin take over.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 09:30 AM

lolololool!!

It'd be funny if they brought Connor back in a game... only to be killed 3 sequences in and have a new assassin take over.

Best game ever

pirate1802
11-08-2013, 09:46 AM

hahahahahahaha then the fangirl rage would block out the sun!

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Careful what you wish for...

hahahahahahaha then the fangirl rage would block out the sun!
;) You don't want this to happen.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 10:49 AM

I don't either. We need the sun for photosynthesis.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't either. We need the sun for photosynthesis.And for important AC plot points.

pirate1802
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM

Hell no I dont. Women scorned and all that..

D.I.D.
11-08-2013, 03:57 PM

oh dear

Sturnz0r
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM

and his sequences have the tutorial missions, so he gets an even worse rep from the casual gamers!!

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM

oh dear

The geography is strong with this one.

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Rome?? Hmm... Is this not a type of pizza!? What y'all talking 'bout?

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 04:27 PM
At this point, I'd be extremely happy to get an Embers-style video covering a segment of Connor's life post-AC3.
I disagree only because that would be injustice he's just an immense realistic character, Connor had his flaws he wasn't perfect but this is what made him human. Connor deserves more than just an Embers type of conclusion he deserves another game.

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I disagree only because that would be injustice he's just an immense realistic character, Connor had his flaws he wasn't perfect but this is what made him human. Connor deserves more than just an Embers type of conclusion he deserves another game.

You know who else was a realistic character? Adewale. Edward. Altair. The cast of almost every game has been very realistic with their own motivations and flaws, that doesn't mean any of them "deserved" anything more than what they got.

killzab
11-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Then Edward deserves one too ... But he won't get one.
You should be happy if we ever see him again at all.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I disagree only because that would be injustice he's just an immense realistic character, Connor had his flaws he wasn't perfect but this is what made him human. Connor deserves more than just an Embers type of conclusion he deserves another game.Connor's too reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal for cartoons.

He deserves ****, he is ****.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 04:42 PM
You know who else was a realistic character? Adewale. Edward. Altair. The cast of almost every game has been very realistic with their own motivations and flaws, that doesn't mean any of them "deserved" anything more than what they got.
I've not yet played AC4 so please don't spoil it for me, I don't know much about those characters tbh..

So from my perspective Connor is on another level compared to them. This is what makes him intriguing,

I'm not happy, I'm a fan of Connor. I'm Native and I find this injustice on his character.

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Connor's my favorite Assassin and I would love another game with him, but let's be real here. The time period has been pretty well covered at this point, and the Kenway Saga has been confirmed to be completed. As a company, Ubisoft has to put money before art (or justice).

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 04:51 PM

He gets the first chunk of a book. The game lead up to Forsaken. ACIII just ended, there are more possibilities with Connor.

Also, to the people wondering why there are so many threads about people wanting Connor back... what do you think?

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Can't help but think another Connor game would damage the series. From what I can tell most people didn't like him. I did. But a shed load didn't. Unfortunate because his stoic personality reminded me of Altair and it's something I'd like to see from future Assassin's. It's funny because I'd imagine that most people would have related more to Connor than Ezio or Edward. I just hope Ubisoft don't feel restricted to what sort of personality the Assassin must have.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Can't help but think another Connor game would damage the series. From what I can tell most people didn't like him. I did. But a shed load didn't. Unfortunate because his stoic personality reminded me of Altair and it's something I'd like to see from future Assassin's. It's funny because I'd imagine that most people would have related more to Connor than Ezio or Edward. I just hope Ubisoft don't feel restricted to what sort of personality the Assassin must have.
Actually, no...most didn't dislike him..it just seems like most people didn't, because whiners are louder...

killzab
11-08-2013, 05:02 PM
I've not yet played AC4 so please don't spoil it for me, I don't know much about those characters tbh..

So from my perspective Connor is on another level compared to them. This is what makes him intriguing,

I'm not happy, I'm a fan of Connor. I'm Native and I find this injustice on his character.

And I'm french, but I won't cry if we never get France as a setting.

But you being native just like Connor doesn't make him more deserving of a sequel, it just means YOU would like him to have a sequel.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a supporting role in a future game, or something like Altair in ACR, but a full game ? No ... after playing with Edward, I couldn't go back to a FULL game with him. I'd want a completely different character.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Actually, no...most didn't dislike him..it just seems like most people didn't, because whiners are louder...Nope he's hated.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Nope he's hated.

Yes..yes he is...hate is for the weakminded...I'm glad they're a minority.

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Actually, no...most didn't dislike him..it just seems like most people didn't, because whiners are louder...

I dunno man, outside the forum I see and hear more negativity about him than good. His fans are very vocal too, though, which is good.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:07 PM
And I'm french, but I won't cry if we never get France as a setting.

But you being native just like Connor doesn't make him more deserving of a sequel, it just means YOU would like him to have a sequel.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a supporting role in a future game, or something like Altair in ACR, but a full game ? No ... after playing with Edward, I couldn't go back to a FULL game with him. I'd want a completely different character.
When the only protagonist getting a crappy treatment happens to coincidentally be a native...I dunno...I can't blame her if she thinks it's injustice...i'm just sayin`

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Nope he's hated.
Nope, nope and nope. ^^

Yes, yes and yes.

(Seriously, I don't know where people get their statistics from... lol)
I agree that AC3 didn't do him much justice in certain areas, though, and he lost a great deal of potential.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM
I dunno man, outside the forum I see and hear more negativity about him than good. His fans are very vocal too, though, which is good.

Oh trust me, you just need to know where to look. the guy won an award that was user voted by millions of people...that says a lot. take a look at the Wiki poll too.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I dunno man, outside the forum I see and hear more negativity about him than good. His fans are very vocal too, though, which is good.Indeed, everyone one I know doesn't like him, or thought he was okay.

They're too vocal, which is not good.

When the only protagonist getting a crappy treatment happens to coincidentally be a native...I dunno...I can't blame her if she thinks it's injustice...i'm just sayin`Surely you're joking?

killzab
When the only protagonist getting a crappy treatment happens to coincidentally be a native...I dunno...I can't blame her if she thinks it's injustice...i'm just sayin`

That's what it is, a coincidence. It's got nothing to do with him being Native. Actually, Connor being native is one of the reasons I like him. If he was just some random caucasian guy, I think I wouldn't care for him. Adewale looks really engaging (at least what I've seen from the Freedom Cry trailer and Black Flag does) and he's black...

adventurewomen
Agreed!!

Polls speak for themselves:

http://i.imgur.com/R08JMIi.png

http://i.imgur.com/E2KD3Cs.png

http://i.imgur.com/WMsV9L1.png

http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/post/59566084281/ratonhnhake-dayum-we-need

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Oh trust me, you just need to know where to look. the guy won an award that was user voted by millions of people...that says a lot. take a look at the Wiki poll too.

This I didn't know. Thx for pointing it out!

Where did he win the award?

Edit: Never mind. Just found this, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dcUwhFYEqro

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:14 PM
3 polls don't make Ubi spend millions on a game and when you have to try and justify why a character's not hated, he's hated.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the support, I appreciate it my friend.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dcUwhFYEqroHe never won it though, all the nominees did a video like that.

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 05:24 PM
He never won it though, all the nominees did a video like that.

Really? :/ Do you know which one he did win?

STDlyMcStudpants
11-08-2013, 05:24 PM

No he doesnt...
Edwards story gets closure in AC IV...We leave Connor in his late 20s...
I wouldv'e liked it
*AC3 Spoiler*
If when he was burying Achilles he buried his robes and hidden blade with him signifying he is putting this part of his life behind him - that he has done what he sent out to do - find Charles Lee and kill him and there is nothing else for him to do.
(But still an option to go put them back on in the basement)
If that wouldve happened then I would be perfectly fine with him only getting 1 game.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Really? :/ Do you know which one he did win?I don't think he did win one.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Surely you're joking?
Actually, i'm being a total serous D-bag...just balancing the scales..

That's what it is, a coincidence. It's got nothing to do with him being Native. Actually, Connor being native is one of the reasons I like him. If he was just some random caucasian guy, I think I wouldn't care for him. Adewale looks really engaging (at least what I've seen from the Freedom Cry trailer and Black Flag does) and he's black...

black guy gets relegated to DLC....i'm just sayin`

You're very welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dcUwhFYEqro
not this one.
this one http://news.sky.com/story/1051509/connor-from-assassins-creed-wins-gaming-gong

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
He never won it though, all the nominees did a video like that.

Really? :/ Do you know which one he did win?
Actually Connor did win that Award. Roosters is trolling you.

This was his Nomination Speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjIfG04aaGQ

The video you posted was his acceptance speach of that award.
This was his acceptance speech of the award: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
No he doesnt...
Edwards story gets closure in AC IV...We leave Connor in his late 20s...
I wouldv'e liked it
*AC3 Spoiler*
If when we was burying Achilles he buried his robes and hidden blade with him signifying he is putting this part of his life behind him - that he has done what he sent out to do - find Charles Lee and kill him and there is nothing else for him to do.
(But still an option to go put them back on in the basement)
If that wouldve happened then I would be perfectly fine with him only getting 1 game.Then why not just say he does that in your head? After he buries the Amulet, he goes inside and puts the robes back on the mannequin thing and rides off with Link and Epona into the sunset. \

What an ending.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Acutally Connor did win that Award. Roosters is trolling you.

This was his acceptance speech of the award: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

Umm...actually, Adventure...he didn't win that one >_> every character got their IF they win speeches...

Connor won another reward...which was user voted. this one isn't user voted.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Umm...actually, Adventure...he didn't win that one >_> every character got their IF they win speeches...

Connor won another reward...which was user voted. this one isn't user voted.
Damn! :'(

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Acutally Connor did win that Award. Roosters is trolling you.

This was his Nomination Speech

This was his acceptance speech of the award: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqroNo I'm not, Claptrap from Borderlands 2 WON that award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GE24TPoWg0

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
This reminds me how much I really liked his VGA videos. The team who put those together really seemed to care. Especially with the nomination vid.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Damn! :'(

Why are you sad, though he won another one and it's actually user voted xD

http://news.sky.com/story/1051509/connor-from-assassins-creed-wins-gaming-gong
if he won VGA's award, it wouldn't mean anything...since the ones choosing are not part of the larger fanbase..

ArabianFrost
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Actually Connor did win that Award. Roosters is trolling you.

Wow that was boring. Sorry, I'm not in the anti-Connor crusade, but this felt so...weird. Illustrious? Seriously? Polished this world?

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 05:37 PM
not this one.
this one http://news.sky.com/story/1051509/connor-from-assassins-creed-wins-gaming-gong

This makes me happy.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Why are you sad, though he won another one and it's actually user voted xD

http://news.sky.com/story/1051509/connor-from-assassins-creed-wins-gaming-gong
if he won VGA's award, it wouldn't mean anything...since the ones choosing are not part of the larger fanbase..I liked how they spelt his name wrong.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I liked how they spelt his name wrong.

I like how you actually can read :)

killzab
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Actually, i'm being a total serous D-bag...just balancing the scales..

black guy gets relegated to DLC....i'm just sayin`

You're very welcome.

not this one.

Damn, I hate racism just as much as people calling out for racism when it's got nothing to do with it. I dare even say that people that do that are racists themselves !

Connor isn't liked a lot because of his character traits. PERIOD. His origins don't weigh in.

And young Connor, before donning the robes, was a much more likeable character.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:42 PM
I like how you actually can read :)I like pie45

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Damn, I hate racism just as much as people calling out for racism when it's got nothing to do with it. I dare even say that people that do that are racists themselves !

Connor isn't liked a lot because of his character traits. PERIOD. His origins don't weigh in.

And young Connor, before donning the robes, was a much more likeable character.
Actually...if you took the time to read of some of the complaints against him...some of them ARE racial lol

Yeah, likeable to you..big whoop...at least Abstergo knows who would like Connor...how did they label them? "educated audience" :rolleyes:

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I'ma have to call you out on this because:

Again Polls speak otherwise

http://i.imgur.com/R08JMIi.png

http://i.imgur.com/E2KD3Cs.png

http://i.imgur.com/WMsV9L1.png

http://wolfkininitiative.tumblr.com/post/59566084281/ratonhnhake-dayum-we-need

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:46 PM
3 polls don't justify the complaints, especially when they're all on AC sites.

killzab
11-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Actually...if you took the time to read of some of the complaints against him...some of them ARE racial lol

Yeah, likeable to you..big whoop...at least Abstergo knows who would like Connor...how did they label them? "educated audience" :rolleyes:

Except I do like Connor, I don't LOVE him but I like him.

But you're saying people that don't like him are uneducated ? That's incredibly rude.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM

But you're saying people that don't like him are uneducated ? That's incredibly rude.No in the Abstergo video they said the only part of his life they could market is his early year and because he only really spoke Mohican back then you would either need to be Native American or educated to understand him or something like that.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM

But you're saying people that don't like him are uneducated ? That's incredibly rude.

Of course it's rude, Abstergo is an evil Corporation...OF COURSE they're rude...no one was supposed to see that analysis either xP you....you didn't think I agree with what Abstergo said, do you?? I was just sayin :O

You know...I'm not one to label Tumblr a cult or horde of angry fangirls for liking a character I dislike or anything like that...lol..that's classless, dude

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Altair is native Syrian and Ezio is native Italian, they were fairly treated.

http://www.mes-coloriages-preferes.net/Images/Small/Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-Like-a-sir-139809.png

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:52 PM
3 polls don't justify the complaints, especially when they're all on AC sites.
You're just in denial

Landruner
11-08-2013, 05:52 PM

I do not get people on this forum ( May be I am too old), but they are obviously some Fans of different characters witching at each other for defending their heros and missing the all point. I just got flamed by someone on another thread thinking I was a huge fan of Connor and whining "Bobooo" because he did not have a proper ending or conclusion whereas I was just trying to say that the franchise is going all over the place and it does not make any sense now, and if UBI cared it won't have been like this for years now. (Buy the books, comics, handled games,etcetera if you want to have the end of the hero you like or the ending of some plots inside the game).

My point is I am not a Fanboy of any of the hero of this Series, and I do not make a difference among them, II am just fan of the Series, I critic it in trying to be the more positive and constructive, and I do not like the way UBI stopped their Arc of Story. Honestly, I gave up on buying or reading the other media because the all thing become a total no sense now.

I believe that Connor, he is a great character- he did not get the game he deserved, and I believe that UBISOFT should finish what they started with that hero.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Altair is native Syrian and Ezio is native Italian, they were fairly treated.

http://www.mes-coloriages-preferes.net/Images/Small/Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-Like-a-sir-139809.png
Yeah but they're both White....just sayin...also, Altair's mom is European.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
You're just in denialNope, i r proved right by de lack of sequel lollolololool

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah but they're both White....just sayin...also, Altair's mom is European.

Connor's dad is European.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Connor's dad is European.Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
I do not get people on this forum ( May be I am too old), but they are obviously some Fans of different characters witching at each other for defending their heros and missing the all point. I just got flamed by someone on another thread thinking I was a huge fan of Connor and whining "Bobooo" because he did not have a proper ending or conclusion whereas I was just trying to say that the franchise is going all over the place and it does not make any sense now, and if UBI cared it won't have been like this for years now. (Buy the books, comics, handled games,etcetera if you want to have the end of the hero you like or the ending of some plots inside the game).

My point is I am not a Fanboy of any of the hero of this Series, and I do not make a difference among them, II am just fan of the Series, I critic it in trying to be the more positive and constructive, and I do not like the way UBI stopped their Arc of Story. Honestly, I gave up on buying or reading the other media because the all thing become a total no sense now.

I believe that Connor, he is a great character- he did not get the game he deserved, and I believe that UBISOFT should finish what they started with that hero.
i agree with everything you said. :)

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Oh my god M is back :|

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh my god M is back :|
Yes and i'm solely here to annoy the **** out of everyone

Connor's dad is European.
Yes, but what is his Color?? that's right, not white..just sayin`

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Yes and i'm solely here to annoy the **** out of everyone
This is why I love you! :)

Yes, but what is his Color?? that's right, not white..just sayin`
Connor takes up after his mother, he has most of Kaniehti:io features.

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM

Subtle hint that you are actually a hardcore Ezio fanboy.

:cool:

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Yes, but what is his Color?? that's right, not white..just sayin`Does that make a difference? Are you saying there's a difference? Because if so lad, that makes you a racist.

Racist.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 06:01 PM
This is why I love you! :)

ew wtf

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Does that make a difference? Are you saying there's a difference? Because if so lad, that makes you a racist.

Racist.
M didn't mean that comment like how you're interpreting it to be.

ew wtf
As a friend..

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 06:05 PM
M didn't mean that comment like how you're interpreting it to be.Yes he did, he told me he did.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Subtle hint that you are actually a hardcore Ezio fanboy.

:cool:

Yes! Ezio is my hidden ancestor, :pbut please don't spread that on the forum, I try to stay modest on that forum because I will be embarrassed:rolleyes:

BTW: did you report to the bug team the points that you mentioned earlier about the mistakes UBI made about Vasco... and the rest?

TheHumanTowel
11-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Ubisoft clearly have an agenda against non-white people. That's why they had a native american as a protagonist in the first place. So they could then not give him another game out of racism.

And since when was Altair white? lel

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 06:08 PM
There is no love in this thread.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes he did, he told me he did.
If it was then I would have found it offensive which I didn't..

Ubisoft clearly have an agenda against non-white people. That's why they had a native american as a protagonist in the first place. So they could then not give him another game out of racism.l
Well I was thinking about this also.. the same could be said fir Avaline and Adwale maybe Ubi just introduced them just for the sake of it to avoid just having main white Assassins.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 06:15 PM
If it was then I would have found it offensive which I didn't..I'm sorry then, I'm sorry I can only be offended when you are.

Well I was thinking about this also.. the same could be said fir Avaline and Adwale maybe Ubi just introduced them just for the sake of it to avoid just having main white Assassins.It's true, think about it they're only making a book about an Indian assassin so they don't have to go there in a real game, Ubi is sah racist man.

HiddenKiller612
11-08-2013, 06:16 PM
http://shared.frenys.com/assets/1005360/Icon512.jpg?cache=1350687692

TheHumanTowel
11-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Well I was thinking about this also.. the same could be said fir Avaline and Adwale maybe Ubi just introduced them just for the sake of it to avoid just having main white Assassins.
I agree. Ubisoft shouldn't have used a native american or black protagonist at all. It would have been less racist.

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 06:18 PM

Try to diversify

Gets called racist.

:/ Ubisoft can't do right for doing wrong.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm sorry then, I'm sorry I can only be offended when you are.

It's true, think about it they're only making a book about an Indian assassin so they don't have to go there in a real game, Ubi is sah racist man.
When I am? You're a sensitive guy at times then? >_>

Kind of true, I wouldn't go as far as to call Ubi Racist.

I agree. Ubisoft shouldn't have used a native american or black protagonist at all. It would have been less racist.
Hmm.. >_>

Try to diversify

Gets called racist.

:/ Ubisoft can't do right for doing wrong.
It just seems like Ubi jus had to give Avaline & Adewale games just for the sake of it.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 06:27 PM
When I am? You're a sensitive guy at times then? >_>

Kind of true, I wouldn't go as far as to call Ubi Racist.

Hmm.. >_>

It just seems like Ubi jus had to give Avaline & Adewale games just for the sake of it.Hahahahahaha

The lowest form of wit strikes again.

ze_topazio
11-08-2013, 06:31 PM
BTW: did you report to the bug team the points that you mentioned earlier about the mistakes UBI made about Vasco... and the rest?

Too much trouble. http://i.imgur.com/xRX1thN.gif

MIA SILENT
11-08-2013, 06:38 PM
It just seems like Ubi jus had to give Avaline & Adewale games just for the sake of it.

Games are dominated by white male protagonists. If adding diversity for the sake of it was the overall attitude, I think we'd see a lot more games doing so. To me Ubisoft actually go out their way to add ethnic diversity to these games, and put a lot of passion into them. Do you think they did a good job of conveying Connor's roots as a Native? I keep thinking back to the ToKW DLC where we try defend Connor's village, because I felt a lot of feels and Connor's desperation to protect his fellow people.

Also, If this trailer is anything to go by, I think the same passion will be experienced with Adewale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxNjLX4M-A

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Games are dominated by white male protagonists. If adding diversity for the sake of it was the overall attitude, I think we'd see a lot more games doing so. To me Ubisoft actually go out their way to add ethnic diversity to these games, and put a lot of passion into them. Do you think they did a good job of conveying Connor's roots as a Native? I keep thinking back to the ToKW DLC where we try defend Connor's village, because I felt a lot of feels and Connor's desperation to protect his fellow people.

Also, If this trailer is anything to go by, I think the same passion will be experienced with Adewale:
Yes as I'm Mohawk, I can speak on this Ubisoft created a respectful honorable character and with great dignity to our people and culture. I only ask for Ubisoft to complete RatonhnhakÚ:ton story.

Adwale does share the same passion I agree.

VitaminsXYZ
11-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes as I'm Mohawk, I can speak on this Ubisoft created a respectful honorable character and with great dignity to our people and culture. I only ask for Ubisoft to complete RatonhnhakÚ:ton story.

Adwale does share the same passion I agree.

Not sure why you're getting so much flak for this.

I wouldn't call Ubisoft racist either. The fact that they went out of their way to actually use a more diverse cast, when so many other games don't, is pretty awesome imo. But even so, there are only a handful of Native characters in gaming, and not many of them are presented in the best light. So I don't really see what the big deal is in wanting to see more of Connor.

I don't really care for full closure; I'm perfectly fine with them not showing how he dies, who he marries, etc. I guess for me it's more because I feel like he got shafted in comparison to all the other main assassins, with only 2/3 of a game (and only about what, six playable sequences as an assassin?), and not even a book. He's pretty young when the game ends, too, so I'd love to see more of what happens to him later on, and if he's able to apply those lessons he's learned. I understand that they run a tight schedule, and have their games planned years in advance, but I wouldn't mind a book or movie at the very least.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Not sure why you're getting so much flak for this.
I don't know why either.

I wouldn't call Ubisoft racist either.
I wouldn't either.

I don't really care for full closure; I'm perfectly fine with them not showing how he dies, who he marries, etc. I guess for me it's more because I feel like he got shafted in comparison to all the other main assassins, with only 2/3 of a game (and only about what, six playable sequences as an assassin?), and not even a book. He's pretty young when the game ends, too, so I'd love to see more of what happens to him later on, and if he's able to apply those lessons he's learned. I understand that they run a tight schedule, and have their games planned years in advance, but I wouldn't mind a book or movie at the very least.
I agree.

I would like closure and yeah Connor is 27 when AC3 ends a whole life ahead of him. Connor I agree did get shafted, compared to other assassins they got better treatment. Which is the most thing I'm annoyed about Ubi created a hero his story isn't summed up by just one game. It's a clifhanger with loads of questions regarding Connor's life after the events of AC3.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
There is no love in this thread.

There shall be only hell

Ubisoft clearly have an agenda against non-white people. That's why they had a native american as a protagonist in the first place. So they could then not give him another game out of racism.

And since when was Altair white? lel

Look at his face...he's a Caucasian Semite..

Yes he did, he told me he did.
I told you...

Does that make a difference? Are you saying there's a difference? Because if so lad, that makes you a racist.

Racist.

I'm not Racist, Ubisoft is racist and anyone who dislikes Connor is racist..coincidence that the nonwhite got a shorter time than Jesus' (Ezio) shortest game? coincidence that he never got a book of his own? you're lying to yourself and you know it...deep down.

I'm back, baby...Lady Gaga, watch out.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I told you...Yes.

I'm not Racist, Ubisoft is racist and anyone who dislikes Connor is racist..coincidence that the nonwhite got a shorter time than Jesus' (Ezio) shortest game? coincidence that he never got a book of his own? you're lying to yourself and you know it...deep down.

I'm back, baby...Lady Gaga, watch out.It's because Jesus is Jesus, while Connor is dirt.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 07:50 PM
It's because Jesus is Jesus, while Connor is dirt.
Are you saying dirt because he's brown??

racist

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Are you saying dirt because he's brown??

racistYes, yes I was.

TheHumanTowel
11-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Look at his face...he's a Caucasian Semite..

He's Caucasian but he's as brown as Connor. It's not like there's no racial prejudice against middle eastern people so saying Altair is equivalent to Ezio or Edward or whatever is stupid.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:06 PM
He's Caucasian but he's as brown as Connor. It's not like there's no racial prejudice against middle eastern people so saying Altair is equivalent to Ezio or Edward or whatever is stupid.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100117185728/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Altair_closeup.jpghttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwpeska8x1qhatcto1_500.png

lel as brown

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Graphics and lighting tricks.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Graphics and lighting tricks.
Big boys are talking...sit down

TheHumanTowel
11-08-2013, 08:12 PM
lel as brown
lol I don't think there's as much difference between those two pictures as you seem to think. My point still stands either way.

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Big boys are talking...sit down

I didn't realize colour blindness was a pre-requisite to being a big boy now.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Big boys are talking...sit downBig boy doesn't have good eye sight does he.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
lol I don't think there's as much difference between those two pictures as you seem to think. My point still stands either way.
No it doesn't...it basically collapses due to color blindness..

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Big boy doesn't have good eye sight does he.

Try to at least be original...copying another smartass wont do you any favors

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Try to at least be original...copying another smartass wont do you any favorsIt was the point to copy it.

Ezio is the darkest anyway.

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452033569e2015437016838970c-800wi

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
It was the point to copy it.

Good...acceptance is the first step towards recovery

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 08:27 PM
It was the point to copy it.

Ezio is the darkest anyway.

Disagree.

Ezio was more of a happy go lucky guy. tbh.

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 08:27 PM

So first you yourself copy the same statement as people above used.

Try to at least be original...copying another smartass wont do you any favors

You then employ ad hominem on those who did it before you.

Stay classy Ubiforums.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Good...acceptance is the first step towards recoveryI've got one step down only 12 more for you...

Disagree.

Ezio was more of a happy go lucky guy. tbh.k

TheHumanTowel
11-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Eh....no. Altair might not be the exact MS paint shade that Ubi used for Connor but he's still a hell of a lot darker than your average white guy. But the main point is that he's middle eastern. And there's racial prejudices against middle easterns that aren't present against Edward or Ezio so saying Altair is equivalent to them is stupid. Not that difficult to understand man.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 08:30 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100117185728/assassinscreed/images/1/1d/Altair_closeup.jpghttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwpeska8x1qhatcto1_500.png

lel as brown
Connor had the most realistic face.

AC1 Altair's face model is Desmond. ;)

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Actually Stede Bonnet had the most realistic face.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130926192236/assassinscreed/it/images/b/be/Stede_Bonnet.jpg

LatinaC09
11-08-2013, 08:31 PM
lol the Desmond Altair was really weird. Not sure why they didn't at least try to make him a little different…although that was 2007...

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
lol the Desmond Altair was really weird. Not sure why they didn't at least try to make him a little different…although that was 2007...It was due to the Animus, but it was probably due to something else and Ubi got lazy or whatever.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Actually Stede Bonnet had the most realistic face.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130926192236/assassinscreed/it/images/b/be/Stede_Bonnet.jpg

Best pedo in a game, ever.

It was due to the Animus, but it was probably due to something else and Ubi got lazy or whatever.

Nah, don't think it was laziness. It was the first game, they knew what they were doing.

ACfan443
11-08-2013, 08:51 PM
lol the Desmond Altair was really weird. Not sure why they didn't at least try to make him a little different…although that was 2007...

Desmond, Altair and Ezio all have the same face model. Which begs to question why everyone thinks Ezio is the best looking, considering his face is no different to the other two. Seems like hair style and accent elevates attractiveness considerably :p

Also, reading the last 10 pages was...interesting.

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 08:52 PM
So Alta´r!Desmond was weird, but the fact that they used Desmond's face for Ezio for two more games wasn't? :rolleyes:

I've always maintained Ubi was going for the "Back to the Future" effect (also seen in many other movies and games) where the ancestor of a character looks identical to their offspring. I think they only changed it because some people didn't get the idea behind it.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 09:47 PM
So Alta´r!Desmond was weird, but the fact that they used Desmond's face for Ezio for two more games wasn't? :rolleyes:

I've always maintained Ubi was going for the "Back to the Future" effect (also seen in many other movies and games) where the ancestor of a character looks identical to their offspring. I think they only changed it because some people didn't get the idea behind it.

Well, it wasn't quite as noticeable with Ezio since he had a different hairstlye/beard. And while yes, the hair is covered up most of the time by the hood, you spend the first three hours of the game staring at his ponytail as opposed to Desmond's short hair, so it kinda helped to differentiate them. They still should have used a different model though.

Quick question in regard to the OP; Ashraf says he doesn't want to work on another Connor game, but he didn't even work on the first Connor game, did he? Weren't they working on AC4 as of like 2011?

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, it wasn't quite as noticeable with Ezio since he had a different hairstlye/beard. And while yes, the hair is covered up most of the time by the hood, you spend the first three hours of the game staring at his ponytail as opposed to Desmond's short hair, so it kinda helped to differentiate them. They still should have used a different model though.

Quick question in regard to the OP; Ashraf says he doesn't want to work on another Connor game, but he didn't even work on the first Connor game, did he? Weren't they working on AC4 as of like 2011?

I think it's just as noticeable as Alta´r/Desmond. Actually even more so with Ezio, since in AC1 you only ever see Alta´r's face if you deliberately turn the camera to look at him from the front. In all the cut scenes he has his back turned. In AC2 from the very first cut scene with teenager Ezio it was like "o hai hippie Desmond". :p

I think "another Connor game" just means a Connor sequel in general, not implying that Ashraf worked on the first.

Landruner
11-08-2013, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE= Quick question in regard to the OP; Ashraf says he doesn't want to work on another Connor game, but he didn't even work on the first Connor game, did he? Weren't they working on AC4 as of like 2011?[/QUOTE]

Yep you are right that Alex Hutchinson that was the Creative director for AC3 and Corey May (AC1/AC2 & Co-writer for ACB/ACR) was still involved in the writing. Ashraf Ismail had been Involved only for AC4 with Darby McDevitt (Co W for ACR) for the writing - It seems that from now Ashraf Ismail & Darby McDevitt are going to be involved in the rest of the series...(?)

Farlander1991
11-08-2013, 10:18 PM
In regards to Desmond and Ezio sharing the same face... I always found it weird, because Ubisoft has changed Desmond's face to look more... Italian, you know... but in the end, Altair, who we play in that very game, also looks more Italian in the sequence where we play as him. But it's Desmond's face, so it's more logical, but he's still more Italian than he was in AC1... >_< And I know why they've changed it, because if they wouldn't have, then we'd have a much more middle-eastern Italian. I personally think that it's not the sharing face that started confusing people, but the fact that they were specifically changing faces and yet still sharing them that did. Basically, I just think it would've been better if Ezio was Ezio like we see him in AC2 and Desmond would've remained the Desmond from AC1.

Also, kinda curious that ACR's young Altair face is the closest one to AC1 Desmond/Altair in the whole first batch of the series.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Yep you are right that Alex Hutchinson that was the Creative director for AC3 and Corey May (AC1/AC2 & Co-writer for ACB/ACR) was still involved in the writing. Ashraf Ismail had been Involved only for AC4 with Darby McDevitt (Co W for ACR) for the writing - It seems that from now Ashraf Ismail & Darby McDevitt are going to be involved in the rest of the series...(?)Well for next years game and the one after they'd already be in development so they'd have new people so I'm going to say it might be something like this

2014: New CD and writer or maybe the CD from ACR or ACB, Alex Amancio or Jeffery Yohalem.

2015: Jade Raymonds game that was coming out with maybe Corey May having a hand in that through his knew Ubi writer thing.

2016: Ash and Darby return for AC7: Attack of the Clones.

2017: BRING BACK PATRICE!!!!

BATISTABUS
11-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Yeah, Patrice is just begging Ubisoft to work for them. Maybe it'll happen once he wins the rights to 1666, forms his own gaming company, becomes massively successful, buys up Ubisoft right as they're going out of business, and then proceeds puts all their projects on indefinite hiatus.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Well for next years game and the one after they'd already be in development so they'd have new people so I'm going to say it might be something like this

2014: New CD and writer or maybe the CD from ACR or ACB, Alex Amancio or Jeffery Yohalem.

2015: Jade Raymonds game that was coming out with maybe Corey May having a hand in that through his knew Ubi writer thing.

Patrice won't be back to Ubisoft my friend,

if not you forgot to mention the following sequels

Assassin's Creed: Just Dance for 2018. (You can dance with your favorite hero assassin and antagonist Templars - that will be fun to dance with your friend and your favorite hero and even Desmond will be back...Yeah!!! ;))

Assassin Creed : Carbonation for 2019
(Concept: You have to buy the game first, but if you want to play it, you have to buy some 6 pack UbiCola soft drinks for getting the codes for unlocking the game. Codes will on the stamps from the bottles and they will be 55 numbers long and you have also case sensitive letters between the numbers. You will have to pay attention because you will have to input the codes once, and they won't be refundable if you miss to input them correctly - Each code will unlock about 2 min of gameplay..., after you buy 1000 bottles of UbiCola, and collected the 1000 codes that compose the game, you can then buy another code for $29 to unlock the ending).

However; it will be a trick - you can buy only the UbiCola by pack of 6, and it will very often happen that 2 or 3 bottles that have the same code, but don not worry Ubisoft will put at disposition an online trade system for just $20 monthly fee... :cool:

Asylum's Creed: The old Age for 2020
(Concept will be that the all assassin part is getting really old and the main protagonist will be 90 years old Assassin in a nursing home sandbox. Beware the evil nurses and Doctors they will be all Templars...
Ubisoft knows that the concept seems a bit strange but the nursing home be reassure the AC fans that the nursing home will be set in modern day - Also, Ubisoft promises some new cool features instead of the over used hidden blades Ubisoft will be introducing the Hidden Dentures and it is question of a Bingo mini game too...:rolleyes:)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Yeah, Patrice is just begging Ubisoft to work for them. Maybe it'll happen once he wins the rights to 1666, forms his own gaming company, becomes massively successful, buys up Ubisoft right as they're going out of business, and then proceeds puts all their projects on indefinite hiatus.I could see it happening, he will call it Patsoft.

GunnarGunderson
11-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Mostly bcz I need to be intrigued by the time period and setting and that time period is not exciting for me

That's rather unfair, considering a Connor sequel would likely take place during the French Revolution. What's uninteresting about that?

But then again, every creative director gets replaced after 1 game so it doesn't really matter if he doesn't want to

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:08 AM
That's rather unfair, considering a Connor sequel would likely take place during the French Revolution. What's uninteresting about that?

But then again, every creative director gets replaced after 1 game so it doesn't really matter if he doesn't want toNot necessarily, it's just because on a annual release schedule you can't have one Creative Director. Ash will definitely return, so to might Hutchinson. I'm not sure on the others though.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Not necessarily, it's just because on a annual release schedule you can't have one Creative Director. Ash will definitely return, so to might Hutchinson. I'm not sure on the others though.

Hutchinson won't come back, it took the fall for AC3, Ash will stay until next AC failure, that the Ubisoft jungle's laws....

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Hutchinson won't come back, it took the fall for AC3, Ash will stay until next AC failure, that the Ubisoft laws....He seemed pretty confident in staying though, AC3 would be one Ubisofts highest selling games, if not the highest. It hardly failed, with a bit more time and execution it could have been a lot better though.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:59 AM
He seemed pretty confident in staying though, AC3 would be one Ubisofts highest selling games, if not the highest. It hardly failed, with a bit more time and execution it could have been a lot better though.

Yes it was successful because of the pre-orders, which was not really the case for AC4 since players did not put pre-order as much as they did for AC3. They lost $55 millions just on the pre-orders, so for Ubisoft's logic ac3 was a failure because they lost pre-orders and money for AC4 (player were gold to buy AC4 by pre-ordering it before reviews). Big video gaming company such as Ubisoft that release fix the success of a product by the pre-orders and fiscal year (Believe or not) , However; after the feedback for AC3, they knew they had to improve AC4 for not taking another clash for AC5. Now with the success of AC4 the pre-orders for AC5 will be high since the expectation are high, if AC5 fails it will come back to a failure in the pre-order for 6, and so on...Usually the Artistic Director is the one that take the fall....

lothario-da-be
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Well for next years game and the one after they'd already be in development so they'd have new people so I'm going to say it might be something like this

Nooo, not Alex Amancio!

pirate1802
11-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Nooo, not Alex Amancio!

I'd add my nooooooo as well

Legendz54
11-09-2013, 08:52 AM
NEVER EVER bring back Yohalem, Get Corey May back for the next one.. he wrote AC1, AC2 and AC3.

BATISTABUS
11-09-2013, 08:54 AM
AC1: Who's Corey May?
AC2: OMG COREY MAY IS THE BEST WRITER EVER WHAT AN AWESOME STORY AND CHARACTERS
ACR: OMG WHEN'S COREY MAY COMING BACK HE NEEDS TO SAVE THIS DIEING FRANCHISE
AC3: OMG WORST STORY AND CHARACTERS EVER WHAT A HORRIBLE WRITER

Legendz54
11-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Corey may has been there from the beginning and is the only one that i believe still understands Assassins creed.

Responding to the above^ stupid AC fans is Stupid.

lothario-da-be
11-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Corey may has been there from the beginning and is the only one that i believe still understands Assassins creed.

Responding to the above^ stupid AC fans is Stupid.
Is this aimed at Pirate1802 and me?

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Is this aimed at Pirate1802 and me?Yep.

Amancio is king.

AidenPixxel
11-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Corey May and Darby Mcdevitt need to write a story together.

lothario-da-be
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Darby writes the assassin part and Cory the templar part. That could turn out amazing.

lothario-da-be
11-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Yep.

Amancio is king.
And what about the stupid ac fans part?

Legendz54
11-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Is this aimed at Pirate1802 and me?

No its not,i just said it since everyone was on the topic of writing AC, and the " stupid AC fans stupid" was aimed at Batistabus's fan reaction comment toward Corey may. I was just implying that fans would be stupid to praise Corey May for writing AC2 and then dissing him for writing AC3.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Darby writes the assassin part and Cory the templar part. That could turn out amazing.
*_* Dreams are made of this....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4eftbGaVN1r8pird.gif

LinkAndLoad
11-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I didn't liked Connor, thought he was very bad written. Had no connection with him at all playing AC:3.
That plus the time period and location. The colonial America's are so dull.

EchoFiveKilo
11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Just to get at Ashraf for this, i am not going to buy ACIV.

killzab
11-09-2013, 11:40 AM

What an incredibly stupid reaction.

Just so you know, there won't be a Connor sequel anyway. And the man has the the right to have his opinions. And if you don't buy ACIV, then your loss, you're missing out.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 12:00 PM
No.. Sliver & I are certainly not in denial. ;)

ACfan443
11-09-2013, 01:34 PM
AC1: Who's Corey May?
AC2: OMG COREY MAY IS THE BEST WRITER EVER WHAT AN AWESOME STORY AND CHARACTERS
ACR: OMG WHEN'S COREY MAY COMING BACK HE NEEDS TO SAVE THIS DIEING FRANCHISE
AC3: OMG WORST STORY AND CHARACTERS EVER WHAT A HORRIBLE WRITER

In response to these fan reactions, I'd say he did an amazing job on all three. Let's not forget moral ambiguity was his original concept, and he brought it back fully in AC3, restoring Templars to their former AC1 tier glory. What's more, that plot twist in the prologue with Haytham was one of the greatest moments in AC history.

If you look specifically at the dialogue of AC3, out of all the AC games it was arguably the most well written. Corey's writing style in my opinion, is far superior to Jeffrey's or Darby's.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 01:45 PM
AC1 Templars were all crazy insane, hardly any moral ambiguity when you're making cruel medical experiments on prisoners or enslaving people under the excuse that you are saving them from poverty or whatever.

pirate1802
11-09-2013, 02:08 PM

My wet dream.

Seriously though, reading Darby's views on the future of the franchise has only increased y respect for him. I know they aren't much popular over here, what he said about the modern day parts, but seeing as AC is annual (and it will be so in the foreseeable future) I think his way is the best way forward.

lololol I'm sure Ashraf will feel the PAIN in his guts. Oh the vengeance!

AC1 Templars were all crazy insane, hardly any moral ambiguity when you're making cruel medical experiments on prisoners or enslaving people under the excuse that you are saving them from poverty or whatever.

And yet he did save some of them.Some of his fine personal guards were former lepers like his subjects. There's the moral ambiguity. Even still his points are true. If he only wanted slaves then why would he pick literally the wost people fit for the job? Maybe his method wasn't working, maybe it was all just superstition, but he REALLY did think it was fo the best of the. That's your moral ambiguity. Conquering people cuz lulz I'm better and POWWAAAAH! vs conquering them because you think its for their own best.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
In response to these fan reactions, I'd say he did an amazing job on all three. Let's not forget moral ambiguity was his original concept, and he brought it back fully in AC3, restoring Templars to their former AC1 tier glory. What's more, that plot twist in the prologue with Haytham was one of the greatest moments in AC history.

If you look specifically at the dialogue of AC3, out of all the AC games it was arguably the most well written. Corey's writing style in my opinion, is far superior to Jeffrey's or Darby's.
I think he has managed to create wonderful situations and characters. For AC3, what let him down could perhaps be this whole translation to execution process. I think AC3 had one of the most complex stories and characters but the presentation of it and trying to fit this complex story/characters in only 12 or so sequences didn't do it justice. You just can't fit such a complex story in such a short period of available game time. Hence, some fans found it incomplete, short, with an underdeveloped character (who only gets 5-6 sequences).

pirate1802
11-09-2013, 02:35 PM
I think he has managed to create wonderful situations and characters. For AC3, what let him down could perhaps be this whole translation to execution process. I think AC3 had one of the most complex stories and characters but the presentation of it and trying to fit this complex story/characters in only 12 or so sequences didn't do it justice. You just can't fit such a complex story in such a short period of available game time. Hence, some fans found it incomplete, short, with an underdeveloped character (who only gets 5-6 sequences).

Exactly. The story of AC3, imo, is probably among the best in all AC, but they couldn't execute it properly, hence so many "6 months later"s and and the game having essentially two prologues etc.

avk111
11-09-2013, 04:13 PM
I havent played AC4 yet so I cant relate to Ashraf Ismail look on his work in AC4, but I can relate to the Connor fans since im a huge fan myself, Look Ubi if your going to delay Connor I dont mind, even if I hear about it 7 years from now , I still insist that Connor receives his ultimatum, and no not in a book not in a piece of paper story, and not on a short 20 minute epic video that we will reply over and over on youtube and read the different comments mentioned below, but on an all generic up to date Electronic Game that includes human interaction with a user interface latest technology system to generate visual audio and highly responsive integrated feedback on a video device in our homes.

Yes a video game ,So take your time , breath in and out , go for fresh morning runs, have a cup of fresh orange juice before you head to work,check your banks accounts on the afternoon while your in the office, do some yoga on a sunset breeze when your back from work,and focus I'm sure you can do it Ubi and make it a win-win situation for everybody :) .

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I havent played AC4 yet so I cant relate to Ashraf Ismail look on his work in AC4, but I can relate to the Connor fans since im a huge fan myself, Look Ubi if your going to delay Connor I dont mind, even if I hear about it 7 years from now , I still insist that Connor receives his ultimatum, and no not in a book not in a piece of paper story, on an all generic up to date Electronic Game that includes human interaction with a user interface latest technology system to generate visual audio and highly responsive integrated feedback on a video device in our homes.

Yes a video game ,So take your time , breath in and out , go for fresh morning runs, have a cup of fresh orange juice before you head to work,check your banks accounts on the afternoon while your in the office, do some yoga on a sunset breeze when your back from work,and focus I'm sure you can do it Ubi and make it a win-win situation for everybody :) .What about the people who don't like Connor, that's not win-win for them?

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:24 PM
What about the people who don't like Connor, that's not win-win for them?
You lose-lose. lawl

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:26 PM
What about the people who don't like Connor, that's not win-win for them?
Yes it is...you're getting another AC game...starring a character you dislike..we all have elements we dislike about games...boycott it...i dare you.

Toa TAK
11-09-2013, 04:27 PM
The problem with ACIII's story wasn't the story itself, but how it was structured.

Achilles is randomly sick in the main campaign, and his death is a Homestead mission. People missed out on a powerful story if they didn't do any of the Homestead missions (which I know a lot of people didn't). That's just one example.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 04:31 PM
http://aptitude-test.info/img/GetOverIt.jpg

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm waiting for the que to post my own image...

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:33 PM
The problem with ACIII's story wasn't the story itself, but how it was structured.

Achilles is randomly sick in the main campaign, and his death is a Homestead mission. People missed out on a powerful story if they didn't do any of the Homestead missions (which I know a lot of people didn't). That's just one example.
Yes, that is true. Even I haven't played all the homestead missions yet! lol
Structure is important in telling a story. It wasn't just the homestead missions, indeed, but the general pacing I guess. (For example, as much as I loved Haytham, he stole a considerable amount of time from his own son. lol) Also, some important cutscenes that I was expecting to see (like Haytham meeting his son for the first time, his surprised reaction etc was not shown. I thought I had skipped an important scene by mistake when I first saw them meet in that abandoned place!)

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Just lol, lol opportunities at everyone everywhere.