PDA

View Full Version : Ashraf Ismail does not want to work on another Connor game

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Toa TAK
11-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, that is true. Even I haven't played all the homestead missions yet! lol
Structure is important in telling a story. It wasn't just the homestead missions, indeed, but the general pacing I guess. (For example, as much as I loved Haytham, he stole a considerable amount of time from his own son. lol) Also, some important cutscenes that I was expecting to see (like Haytham meeting his son for the first time, his surprised reaction etc was not shown. I thought I had skipped an important scene by mistake when I first saw them meet in that abandoned place!)

Yeah, and all the cutscenes that were cut, too, like Ziio leaving Haytham and the infamous Forsaken eulogy.
Also, do yourself a favor and do the Homestead missions! They're a much lighter side of the game.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I agree with AVK..

Sliver.. please do make sure you play the homestead missions soon they were really fun and great to see Connor being happy and we saw this great side to him in those missions. They were my favorite mission type in AC3. :)

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Here, i drew this simple diagram for you all.
http://i.imgur.com/kkIZFvL.png?1

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh I played some of the missions, just not all! ^^

I will as soon as a gain access to a console! (I haven't even played AC4 yet, just staring at it beside my bed with a deep longing... lol)

CockneyCharmer
11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Connor was more interesting ten the time period his story features in. Its an era thats very limited as to what you can do it that world, but Connor could have gone exploring perhaps as a visit to a mayan area (bonus content mission) had him exploring.

I would like to see more story with Connor, I agree that one game was not enough to tell his story but then his "mission" was concluded as to what the Ones who Came before required of him to do for them.

Sad to see he has already been written off so easily

Nymmers
11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Connor should've been interesting but he was made without any personality. He was about as bad as Altair but not quite. Ezio, Edward and Haytham were much more interesting.

The colonial Americas should've been a very interesting time period but it was done poorly, very poorly. How you can take a time period with revolution, new ideas and Indians and make it dull takes talent. Hell, these people took on the most powerful nation in the world, had no real military experience or officers with any, got there butts handed to them over and over and still in the end managed to pull it off and then set up the prototype for a new type of nation. This should've been really exciting and full of philosophy of the masses and the conflicting motives of many of them involved. Lots of idealists and capitalists with their own motives.

I felt like it was almost designed to fail.

This is what frightens me about Greece is that the ideas of the time won't be brought across well.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
he was made without any personality.
There's no such thing. This is factually wrong.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 09:06 PM
There's no such thing. This is factually wrong.
I was about to say that. lol Thanks. Introverts, silent and stoic characters still have a personality of course.

I agree of course that this could have been presented much better...

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Connor should've been interesting but he was made without any personality.
:rolleyes::rolleyes: 1st post to hate on Connor, not a wise move.

Connor had a personality, you just had trouble seeing his personality sadly on your part.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Introverts, silent and stoic characters still have a personality of course.
It just makes me sad that Introverts and quite persons are thought of as having no personality. It's stupid.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 09:21 PM
It just makes me sad that Introverts and quite persons are thought of as having no personality. It's stupid.
Totally. I hear that a lot unfortunately.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Exactly, it also because Connor isn't Ezio and this is a stupid excuse for many fans to dislike him.

Sure Connor wasn't Ezio this is why I like him. I honestly can't with the comparisons of Ezio and Connor they are completely polar opposites rightly so!

If only more fans looked past he's not Ezio thing then I'm sure there wouldn't be as much complaints on him.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Exactly, it also because Connor isn't Ezio and this is a stupid excuse for many fans to dislike him.

Sure Connor wasn't Ezio this is why I like him. I honestly can't with the comparisons of Ezio and Connor they are completely polar opposites rightly so!

If only more fans looked past he's not Ezio thing then I'm sure there wouldn't be as much complaints on him.
It's not just about personality traits, though. Ezio is a legend. He's AC's Messiah. a HUGE part of a successful video game is the fantasy. the feeling that you're a wise, leading, legendary figure with many accomplishments. that fantasy makes the player feel good and like the Protagonist even more. Personality of course has a large part on likability, but the status, importance and accomplishments of the protagonist are also important. this feeling of capability and control. a protagonist that says "I got this" is more appealing. A large part of why the male fanbase is divided on whether or not they'd play a female protagonist is because of this. Females are always looked at as vulnerable.

Unfortunately, Ezio will just ALWAYS overshadow every and all Assassins who will succeed him. the only way another Assassin would take Ezio's place is if he's a carbon copy of Ezio and an even bigger legend. People just don't want to let Ezio go.

ladyleonhart
11-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Ubisoft have so many development teams though right...?

Then, if there's a chance in the future, maybe someone else can work on it. ;)

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Thnx man <3 I love you too

SenseHomunculus
11-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Connor should've been interesting but he was made without any personality

That's patently untrue. He definitely had a personality, he was sullen and b!tchy. I know people like him IRL and choose to not spend time with them. Playing the game using him as your avatar and the means by which you interact with his world is spending a LOT of time with him. AC3 is I think the first video/computer game I've not wanted to replay because of that. I don't think I even finished the King George DLC, I went back and replayed AC2. :p

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 10:13 PM
he was sullen and b!tchy. I know people like him IRL and choose to not spend time with them.
Amazing...

lothario-da-be
11-09-2013, 10:14 PM
That's patently untrue. He definitely had a personality, he was sullen and b!tchy. I know people like him IRL and choose to not spend time with them. Playing the game using him as your avatar and the means by which you interact with his world is spending a LOT of time with him. AC3 is I think the first video/computer game I've not wanted to replay because of that. I don't think I even finished the King George DLC, I went back and replayed AC2. :p
But the dlc is only 6-8 hours total?

Assassin_M
Thnx man <3 I love you too
<3 our love is eternal

Assassin_M
But the dlc is only 6-8 hours total?
He can't take Connor's manliness...too much...oh..oh....

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 10:15 PM
It's not just about personality traits, though. Ezio is a legend. He's AC's Messiah. a HUGE part of a successful video game is the fantasy. the feeling that you're a wise, leading, legendary figure with many accomplishments. that fantasy makes the player feel good and like the Protagonist even more. Personality of course has a large part on likability, but the status, importance and accomplishments of the protagonist are also important. this feeling of capability and control. a protagonist that says "I got this" is more appealing. A large part of why the male fanbase is divided on whether or not they'd play a female protagonist is because of this. Females are always looked at as vulnerable.

Unfortunately, Ezio will just ALWAYS overshadow every and all Assassins who will succeed him. the only way another Assassin would take Ezio's place is if he's a carbon copy of Ezio and an even bigger legend. People just don't want to let Ezio go.
I agree & you're right.

ladyleonhart
11-10-2013, 12:12 AM
... A large part of why the male fanbase is divided on whether or not they'd play a female protagonist is because of this. Females are always looked at as vulnerable.

I don't agree. Aveline is a strong female character. Besides, anyone can be vulnerable due to a number of reasons at anytime in their lives. It's what makes us human.

As for Ezio overshadowing everyone, I don't think it's only his character. The setting, gameplay, even screen-time are likely contributing factors. Anyway, I think Edward would've had a pretty good chance. Unfortunately, we know his ending already. :(

Anyway, all good things must come to an end. ;)

I really hope it doesn't come to new protagonists just becoming copies of old ones though, and just because they sell well. -__-

SixKeys
11-10-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't agree. Aveline is a strong female character. Besides, anyone can be vulnerable due to a number of reasons at anytime in their lives. It's what makes us human.

Yes, but you can't deny that is what most players still think, even if it's a sexist view. It definitely needs to change. That's why we sorely need a female lead assassin in a main console game. ACL being upgraded to HD is a step in the right direction, but it remains more of a side game with worse graphics (because it started out on PSP), so I think it's not going to sell that well. I really hope Ubisoft will do a full AC title with a female protagonist some day, but I'm not holding my breath.

VitaminsXYZ
11-10-2013, 01:07 AM

As for Ezio overshadowing everyone, I don't think it's only his character. The setting, gameplay, even screen-time are likely contributing factors. Anyway, I think Edward would've had a pretty good chance. Unfortunately, we know his ending already. :(

SixKeys beat me to it, but yeah, he's not saying females are more vulnerable, he's just saying that that's what a lot of male players probably think. Hence why they'd be less willing to play as a female character (or even a more sensitive male character, for that matter) over someone who is a power fantasy.

Remember this poll from a while back?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/759784-AC-V-Female-Assassin-Yes-or-No-Forums

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
I think they will definitely do it, but once they find the most appropriate time period and circumstances. Historically, it would need some extra research to make it a full console game with a full appropriate story that doesn't feel out of place historically.

But I also get why some gamers may not be happy about the change. Well, too bad for them. lol

HiddenKiller612
11-10-2013, 01:11 AM
It'd be cool to play Joan of Arc.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 01:45 AM

Yes, but you can't deny that is what most players still think, even if it's a sexist view. It definitely needs to change. That's why we sorely need a female lead assassin in a main console game. ACL being upgraded to HD is a step in the right direction, but it remains more of a side game with worse graphics (because it started out on PSP), so I think it's not going to sell that well. I really hope Ubisoft will do a full AC title with a female protagonist some day, but I'm not holding my breath.
This is what I meant, Lady ;)
Thanks, Sixkeys

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 01:52 AM
My heart goes out to Noah seeing his Tumblr posts makes me feel so heartbroken for him, (I can't even begin to imagine how he feels. :'(

I’m so hurt that ubisoft would declare the end of connor in such a quick senseless way…but am I surprised? No…I knew I wouldn’t return… They gambled once by putting a native in the main seat and won…they sold 12 million copies….I’ve heard it’s the highest selling ac game ever…would they gamble again…? I don’t think so…well at least they tried once…gotta give them props for that…I guess.

Ok I was down…but you all have brought me back up…I’m so great-full for all your support…and I’m honored that I was able to play a role that inspired so much love…cause that’s what it’s all about…all you need is love.

No worries everybody! Really.. I’m so happy to be a part of the game…even if it was just for one title…and if you recall I said earlier in an interview that I wanted connor to die at the end of AC3… So in a way I got what I wanted…
http://thenoahwatts.tumblr.com/

LatinaC09
11-10-2013, 01:52 AM
I think they will definitely do it, but once they find the most appropriate time period and circumstances. Historically, it would need some extra research to make it a full console game with a full appropriate story that doesn't feel out of place historically.

But I also get why some gamers may not be happy about the change. Well, too bad for them. lol

I think some of the developers have mentioned this at one point when asked about a female assassin. The fact that women throughout most of history have been overshadowed play a part in why they haven't made a full game with one. The thing is though, they made Aveline and they also have several female assassins present in the main games so I don't always get what they mean. Is it about being appropriate or something? The assassin order has women in it. We've seen them in every game I think except for AC1 so what exactly is the problem?

Sorry for rambling I just couldn't figure out how to get my point across lol

SixKeys
11-10-2013, 02:03 AM
My heart goes out to Noah seeing his Tumblr posts makes me feel so heartbroken for him, (I can't even begin to imagine how he feels. :'(

http://thenoahwatts.tumblr.com/

From the sound of his last post, it seems he's already over it.

ladyleonhart
11-10-2013, 02:10 AM

Very true, unfortunately. Well, all we can do is hope that's what they'll do. If they want to keep the series fresh as they say though, it's not that far-fetched. Then, surely they can't keep producing the same stereotype protagonists...? ... Can they....? As for AC:L, it's a start at least. Hopefully, it's made more people open to the idea.

SixKeys beat me to it, but yeah, he's not saying females are more vulnerable, he's just saying that that's what a lot of male players probably think. Hence why they'd be less willing to play as a female character (or even a more sensitive male character, for that matter) over someone who is a power fantasy.

Remember this poll from a while back?
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/759784-AC-V-Female-Assassin-Yes-or-No-Forums

I guess so, but male gamers don't dominate the gamer demographic like they used to...

I never did see the end result of that poll. Thanks for the link...

Well, I guess some people still aren't very open-minded even in this day and age.

This is what I meant, Lady ;)
Thanks, Sixkeys

Okay. Good job SixKeys is better at explaining. ;)

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Okay. Good job SixKeys is better at explaining. ;)
Yeah, I was never good at explaining xP

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 02:23 AM
From the sound of his last post, it seems he's already over it.
You can't blame the guy tbh.. Noah has had enough of the ******** from Ubisoft. They dropped his character, all of a sudden.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 02:27 AM

Unfortunately, Ezio will just ALWAYS overshadow every and all Assassins who will succeed him. the only way another Assassin would take Ezio's place is if he's a carbon copy of Ezio and an even bigger legend. People just don't want to let Ezio go.I don't see what's wrong with that, liking a protagonist for his personality. Actually ALL the AC protags have the "I got this" mentality and they've all accomplished a lot, Altair had that more then any other protag. I don't see what's wrong with a likeable personality either, could you imagine if every single protagonist was the stoic, stubborn, serious type like Altair and Connor, it'd get pretty annoying. Ubisoft needed the character that was funny, likeable, yet had flaws. Just because Ezio's personality was more of a winner then the others it doesn't mean his fans are stupid and only like him because he's Ezio. People will like like and hate characters, just because more people like Ezio then any other

Now you're saying that Ezio only has fans because they don't want to let him go. That's almost as stupid as the people only like AC2 because of blinding nostalgia argument. Both are completely wrong, that's like saying Connor only has fans because people like an underdog and he's the least liked Assassin, it disregards everything about the characters personality. Also the carbon copy of Ezio is Edward for the first 5 or so sequences of AC4, in those first 4-5 hours he was basically Ezio, except he was a pirate which would make him a bigger legend.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 03:39 AM
I don't see what's wrong with that, liking a protagonist for his personality. Actually ALL the AC protags have the "I got this" mentality and they've all accomplished a lot, Altair had that more then any other protag. I don't see what's wrong with a likeable personality either, could you imagine if every single protagonist was the stoic, stubborn, serious type like Altair and Connor, it'd get pretty annoying. Ubisoft needed the character that was funny, likeable, yet had flaws. Just because Ezio's personality was more of a winner then the others it doesn't mean his fans are stupid and only like him because he's Ezio. People will like like and hate characters, just because more people like Ezio then any other

Now you're saying that Ezio only has fans because they don't want to let him go. That's almost as stupid as the people only like AC2 because of blinding nostalgia argument. Both are completely wrong, that's like saying Connor only has fans because people like an underdog and he's the least liked Assassin, it disregards everything about the characters personality. Also the carbon copy of Ezio is Edward for the first 5 or so sequences of AC4, in those first 4-5 hours he was basically Ezio, except he was a pirate which would make him a bigger legend.
Keep your panties on, you lilly. I never said anything was wrong for liking a character for his/her traits, can't you read? God, I never saw a more incompetent reply to a post in my life. it's like "Oh, M is posting, that means he's saying this or that. my brain is fixed on this, so i'll reply without reading, because i'm smart" and no, apparently you did not catch my meaning of "I got this" it's not a mentality. it's the actions. Ezio won each and every battle he took part in. he conquered every enemy who stood in his path. THAT is the "I got this" element. when you have the "i got this" mentality, but then fail then you just become a comedy show. Connor failed in protecting his People and Village. he was betrayed by the Patriots and Juno and his people turn their backs on him. Connor didn't entirely fail, but when put up against Ezio's accomplishments...yeesh. Not to mention the "What would you have me do?" that made some players felt as if they were mere courier boys to certain factions and AGAIN, like I said in my post that you so miserably failed to read, it's not JUST about Accomplishments NOR just personality. it's a combination of both. I didn't say "waaaaaa I want every character to be stoic and stubborn waaaaaa" Ezio had no flaws. I never said that his fans are stupid, but yeah since you're among them, they get a pretty bad reputation.

It's actually not stupid, but i'll give you a pass on this one and nowhere did I say that they ONLY like Ezio because they can't let him go. A memorable game leaves a lasting impression and AC II WAS memorable. the long awaited sequel to a successful IP, amazing setting, great protagonist..etc. it's been 4 years since then. OF COURSE there's the nostalgia factor too (yes, despite what you think) Fans of this game feel a need to stay "old school" they feel the need to be above those new kiddies who like the new games and the new protagonist or the "new guy". that base of fans is just always there. everywhere. in every medium of entertainment that spawns a series of products. there's the faction that just refuses to let ANYTHING of the past go. they like it that way and there's nothing wrong with it (I think it's stupid and idiotic, but that's something else) they feel a loyalty to the past. they feel like if they like anything other than the past, they'll be betraying someone...That piece of the fanbase is their. not my fault you're too blind to actually see it.

also lol no...Edward was NOTHING like Ezio in the first few sequences..i'd love to have some of whatever you're on..

xx-pyro
11-10-2013, 03:52 AM
You can't blame the guy tbh.. Noah has had enough of the ******** from Ubisoft. They dropped his character, all of a sudden.

Pretty sure they only hired him for the one game, they didn't drop anything, nor did they ever say they were going to do more than one.

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 03:59 AM
I like Ezio!

Dislike some of his Youtube/facebook fanbase.

Sturnz0r
11-10-2013, 04:11 AM
In response to these fan reactions, I'd say he did an amazing job on all three. Let's not forget moral ambiguity was his original concept, and he brought it back fully in AC3, restoring Templars to their former AC1 tier glory. What's more, that plot twist in the prologue with Haytham was one of the greatest moments in AC history.

If you look specifically at the dialogue of AC3, out of all the AC games it was arguably the most well written. Corey's writing style in my opinion, is far superior to Jeffrey's or Darby's.

I agree. very mature, understandable, and deep

some people get discouraged because they can't stealth through missions, with the rag doll recognition, buildings are realistically tooo far from eachother, and some people just hate natives; that's why we wiped them out

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Keep your panties on, you lilly. I never said anything was wrong for liking a character for his/her traits, can't you read? God, I never saw a more incompetent reply to a post in my life. it's like "Oh, M is posting, that means he's saying this or that. my brain is fixed on this, so i'll reply without reading, because i'm smart" and no, apparently you did not catch my meaning of "I got this" it's not a mentality. it's the actions. Ezio won each and every battle he took part in. he conquered every enemy who stood in his path. THAT is the "I got this" element. when you have the "i got this" mentality, but then fail then you just become a comedy show. Connor failed in protecting his People and Village. he was betrayed by the Patriots and Juno and his people turn their backs on him. Connor didn't entirely fail, but when put up against Ezio's accomplishments...yeesh. Not to mention the "What would you have me do?" that made some players felt as if they were mere courier boys to certain factions and AGAIN, like I said in my post that you so miserably failed to read, it's not JUST about Accomplishments NOR just personality. it's a combination of both. I didn't say "waaaaaa I want every character to be stoic and stubborn waaaaaa" Ezio had no flaws. I never said that his fans are stupid, but yeah since you're among them, they get a pretty bad reputation.You seem to think I have some fixation you, haha you wish, that just shows your arrogance. As for Ezio never failing, well that's a daft thing to say, I don't remember Ezio succeeding in saving his father and brothers, or saving Christina, or Yusuf, or stopping his villa from being destroyed, or stopping his Uncle's murder, wow what a success story, he also let 100's maybe even 1000's die or get injured when he attacked the arsenal and Cappadocia, that latter could of even led to his death, so successful. Of course Ezio's going to accomplish more he had 3 games and was in the order his whole life, if he didn't accomplish more people would be asking questions. I also never said that you wanted every character to be stubborn and stoic and yes you also did say he had no flaws, you called him the AC messiah. Don't patronize me, you make yourself look stupid, you do realise your opinion isn't the be all and all of opinions, as much as you like and think it to be.

It's actually not stupid, but i'll give you a pass on this one. A memorable game leaves a lasting impression and AC II WAS memorable. the long awaited sequel to a successful IP, amazing setting, great protagonist..etc. it's been 4 years since then. OF COURSE there's the nostalgia factor too (yes, despite what you think) Fans of this game feel a need to stay "old school" they feel the need to be above those new kiddies who like the new games and the new guy on the protagonist. that base of fans is just always there. everywhere. in every medium of entertainment that spawns a series of products. there's the faction that just refuses to let ANYTHING of the past go. they like it that way and there's nothing wrong with it (I think it's stupid and idiotic, but that's something else) they feel a loyalty to the past. they feel like if they like anything other than the past, they'll be betraying someone...That piece of the fanbase is their. not my fault you're too blind to actually see it.I never said it wasn't a factor, but people think it's the ONLY factor, which makes no sense because if someone to feel that feeling of great nostalgia they must first like that game, so yes it is stupid. Actually it's you Connor fans that feel the need to be above the "old school" guys as because you're the underdog you seem to think yourself greater then other fans. See now you're saying Ezio is only liked because of the loyalty crew, now if they did exist they'd like Altair wouldn't they? Your logic is flawed.

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 04:24 AM
I do not know rooster, I perceive that is more common amongst the Ezio fans do dislike Altair and HEAVILY bash Connor than the latter ones doing the same with Ezio.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 04:30 AM
I like Altair, I like Ezio, I like Edward. Shoot me.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 04:45 AM
You seem to think I have some fixation you, haha you wish, that just shows your arrogance. As for Ezio never failing, well that's a daft thing to say, I don't remember Ezio succeeding in saving his father and brothers, or saving Christina, or Yusuf, or stopping his villa from being destroyed, or stopping his Uncle's murder, wow what a success story, he also let 100's maybe even 1000's die or get injured when he attacked the arsenal and Cappadocia, that latter could of even led to his death, so successful. Of course Ezio's going to accomplish more he had 3 games and was in the order his whole life, if he didn't accomplish more people would be asking questions. I also never said that you wanted every character to be stubborn and stoic and yes you also did say he had no flaws, you called him the AC messiah. Don't patronize me, you make yourself look stupid, you do realise your opinion isn't the be all and all of opinions, as much as you like and think it to be.
Fixation? What? and I wish? you're creeping me out, bro. his family's hanging is not a failure. it's the call to adventure, mate. it's an important element to every story, but I don't expect you to know that. Cristina's death is the tragedy striking the Protagonist. it could be looked at as a failure, sure, but it's not like he couldn't avenge her in the end. He killed the 2 scoundrels who slashed her, so..in a way he succeeded. Yusuf's death is not a failure, it can be considered on Ezio's shoulder, but it's not a failure. he avenged him, retook the keys and saved his waifu. AGAIN, his Uncle's death and the destruction of the Villa is the CALL TO ADVENTURE, not a failure and how the hell is what happened in Capadoccia even a failure?? it's recklessness, but not a failure. he ended up cornering his target and ending him. it could'v led to his death, but he didn't die...he survived...thus, your point is moot. WHICH IS MY ENTIRE POINT. Ezio had 3 ****ing games so YES HE ACCOMPLISHED MORE, godammit wow....wow...this can't be real..it just can't be real. Yes, because I literally mean the messiah drawn on church walls...the saint...totally..because that's what I meant..right -_-

Lol...didn't you see me tell you to keep your pants on, Lilly??

I never said it wasn't a factor, but people think it's the ONLY factor, which makes no sense because if someone to feel that feeling of great nostalgia they must first like that game, so yes it is stupid. Actually it's you Connor fans that feel the need to be above the "old school" guys as because you're the underdog you seem to think yourself greater then other fans. See now you're saying Ezio is only liked because of the loyalty crew, now if they did exist they'd like Altair wouldn't they? Your logic is flawed.
Which people?? Adventurewomen? so what?? she can think what she like..."your opinion is not the opinion of all opinions" no...it's not stupid...did you read?? did you read my post at all?? WHAT?? HAHAHAHAHA oh god, lol..."it's YOU who took my apple" god, what a simple-minded brat. I'm done...i'm so done.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 04:47 AM
I do not know rooster, I perceive that is more common amongst the Ezio fans do dislike Altair and HEAVILY bash Connor than the latter ones doing the same with Ezio.I never hear of anyone hating on Altair he seems to be liked by most people, I'm talking more on here though about the Connor fans. The ones on Youtube however, they're a different story.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 04:47 AM
I do not know rooster, I perceive that is more common amongst the Ezio fans do dislike Altair and HEAVILY bash Connor than the latter ones doing the same with Ezio.
Oh don't worry, Rooster is wearing special glasses and is confining himself to the forums here, so he only sees what his little view shows him...he's silly

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 04:49 AM
The ones on Youtube however, they're a different story.
Oh yes, the ones from YT should not be considered when bringing up the douchbaggery of some of Ezio's fans, but it should totally be considered when bringing up Connor's popularity...

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Fixation? What? and I wish? you're creeping me out, bro. his family's hanging is not a failure. it's the call to adventure, mate. it's an important element to every story, but I don't expect you to know that. Cristina's death is the tragedy striking the Protagonist. it could be looked at as a failure, sure, but it's not like he couldn't avenge her in the end. He killed the 2 scoundrels who slashed her, so..in a way he succeeded. Yusuf's death is not a failure, it can be considered on Ezio's shoulder, but it's not a failure. he avenged him, retook the keys and saved his waifu. AGAIN, his Uncle's death and the destruction of the Villa is the CALL TO ADVENTURE, not a failure and how the hell is what happened in Capadoccia even a failure?? it's recklessness, but not a failure. he ended up cornering his target and ending him. it could'v led to his death, but he didn't die...he survived...thus, your point is moot. WHICH IS MY ENTIRE POINT. Ezio had 3 ****ing games so YES HE ACCOMPLISHED MORE, godammit wow....wow...this can't be real..it just can't be real. Yes, because I literally mean the messiah drawn on church walls...the saint...totally..because that's what I meant..right -_-Okay now it seems you're the one who can't read, you said that as soon as I see you post I automatically disagree with it implying I have some fixation you creep. Revenge does not equal success either. It also doesn't matter what context it's put in, a failure is a failure. He didn't succeed in saving his father and brothers, he failed. He didn't succeed in saving his Uncle, failure. He didn't succeed in saving his Villa, also a failure. I would hardly call what happened in Cappadocia a success and it did lead to his death you moron, did you not see him cough in Embers? Or choke or however he died in Embers? Your point wasn't you idiot, your point was about Ezio always being the greatest no matter what. When you say Messiah it usually means Messiah, what else would it mean?

Which people?? Adventurewomen? so what?? she can think what she like..."your opinion is not the opinion of all opinions" no...it's not stupid...did you read?? did you read my post at all?? WHAT?? HAHAHAHAHA oh god, lol..."it's YOU who took my apple" god, what a simple-minded brat. I'm done...i'm so done.Are you okay? You seem to be having some weird episodic fit. I don't think anyone can understand this, you also sound like a twelvie, so did they also take your cordial?

BigredInfinity
11-10-2013, 05:04 AM
If i could, i would like what you just said so in other words. + Like

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:05 AM
Oh don't worry, Rooster is wearing special glasses and is confining himself to the forums here, so he only sees what his little view shows him...he's sillySays you, you self-righteous moron, your view consists of Ezio (bad, popular so I wont like), Connor (Good, not popular so I will like).

Oh yes, the ones from YT should not be considered when bringing up the douchbaggery of some of Ezio's fans, but it should totally be considered when bringing up Connor's popularity...I never brought up Connor's popularity from Youtube in my argument. I suggest you read for once.

M, have a snickers, you become a real **** when you're hungry.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 05:08 AM
you moron

Your point wasn't you idiot,
Insults!! Insults!! I rest my case, gentlemen. I demand this member be banned again...he hath failed and is resorting to petty insults and name calling..he hurts my feelings and I have sent a report...tataa

xx-pyro
11-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Took a break for a few months came back and nothings changed, people are as immature as ever.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 05:09 AM
you self-righteous moron

you become a real **** when you're hungry.
Slander...I'm not hungry and i'm not a *****

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Took a break for a few months came back and nothings changed, people are as immature as ever.

Shut Up! please

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Slander...I'm not hungry and i'm not a *****Yes, very different to the slander in your posts about me being idiotic and stupid right?

Eat a snickers anyway.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Insults!! Insults!! I rest my case, gentlemen. I demand this member be banned again...he hath failed and is resorting to petty insults and name calling..he hurts my feelings and I have sent a report...tataaYou called me stupid and idiotic countless times, I'd send a report but that's for babies.

Child.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Yes, very different to the slander in your posts about me being idiotic and stupid right?

Eat a snickers anyway.
I didn't blatantly call you idiotic and stupid...it's called subtlety...;)

roostersrule2
I didn't blatantly call you idiotic and stupid...it's called subtlety...;)Okay man.

You're about as subtle as a something at a something concert.

xx-pyro
Shut Up! please

Are you feeling dizzy?

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Are you feeling dizzy?

Nope I am having fun reading their argumentation(s) - don't you?

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 05:21 AM
This is a man of good vision..

xx-pyro
11-10-2013, 05:22 AM

I'm trying to decide whether pre-schoolers or married couples have arguments more similar to the one I just read.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm trying to decide whether pre-schoolers or married couples have arguments more similar to the one I just read.
a preschooler and a married man...

xx-pyro
11-10-2013, 05:24 AM
a preschooler and a married man...

They'd be doing something other than arguing :rolleyes:

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:27 AM
This is a man of good vision..

Yep obviously, I BTW responded about your wondering of Why I don' t believe in the Assassin Vs. Templars plot (I wanted to PM you to avoid repercussion , but I just unwisely left it on the thread beneath a spoil option instead....) Feel free to let me know what you think (?)

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 05:31 AM
What are they arguing for anyway?

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:32 AM

I believe that people of that forum are waiting for you for raising the bar....

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:33 AM

Long story....too long to explain there....

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 05:38 AM

Is it even AC related?

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Ehh.. don't be so pessimistic people, I'm sure we'll see a main female AC game soon enough. I even had a sig bet with M!

Landruner
11-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Is it even AC related?

Yes it is, and I respect both of them for doing so (even I am having a blast reading those arguments)

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 05:54 AM

I don't understand this. Sure he might be disappointed at not getting another Connor game, but taking "********" from Ubisoft? He is famous today because of Ubisoft. Lol.. sometimes I just can't..
Would you be mad at a person who just gave you a hundred dollar bill just because he didn't give you more? We are a little disappointed our favorite character isn't getting another game (which isn't sure anyway; they said there will be no main AC in 2011 and a few months later in came the news of ACR so) but let's not behave as if Ubisoft personally disrespected his vioce actor..

Well ****. Today is the horrible day I learned I have no personality. Mommy, I hate you!

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 05:58 AM
I don't understand this. Sure he might be disappointed at not getting another Connor game, but taking "********" from Ubisoft? He is famous today because of Ubisoft. Lol.. sometimes I just can't..
Would you be mad at a person who just gave you a hundred dollar bill just because he didn't give you more? We are a little disappointed our favorite character isn't getting another game (which isn't sure anyway; they said there will be no main AC in 2011 and a few months later in came the news of ACR so) but let's not behave as if Ubisoft personally disrespected his vioce actor..Indeed, Noah Watts would have got a decent pay check by Ubi and will probably go onto do more voice acting. Some people just take game characters way to seriously. Actually adventurewomen does it way way to seriously, there's nothing wrong with liking a character (unless it's Stephane Chapheau) but there's a line.

Sturnz0r
11-10-2013, 06:01 AM

they both think connor > all, but for different reasons

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 06:03 AM
they both think connor > all, but for different reasonsWhat? No we don't?

Eddie is his favourite and Ezio is mine.

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Eddie is M's favourite? What did I miss? :O I remember a certain member creating a certain thread after AC4 was revealed... :rolleyes:

Landruner
11-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Eddie is M's favourite? What did I miss? :O I remember a certain member creating a certain thread after AC4 was revealed... :rolleyes:

I love LARA - that is the best "Assassin Croft" ever made...

Black_Widow9
11-10-2013, 06:13 AM
So..... Topic? If not I'm locking this.

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 06:35 AM

Is it even AC related?

BigredInfinity
11-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Seriously? being a **** doesn't change anything. it's the fact that you both are fighting over nothing, it's pointless.

BigredInfinity
11-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeah,i agree

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 08:56 AM
I agree about the setting not being so entertaining. I hope the next game will take part before Altair. I’m really tired of everything being based on what Altair had done. Let’s go back before that and see how things were before.

RzaRecta357
11-10-2013, 09:00 AM
I agree about the setting not being so entertaining. I hope the next game will take part before Altair. I’m really tired of everything being based on what Altair had done. Let’s go back before that and see how things were before.

The problem there is they were based in Masyaf and UBI won't want to revisit locations.. It has to be after Altair because he's the one that got them to leave the castle and spread around the world basically.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 09:02 AM
The problem there is they were based in Masyaf and UBI won't want to revisit locations.. It has to be after Altair because he's the one that got them to leave the castle and spread around the world basically.What?

If went to Ancient Greece we wouldn't be revisiting locations?

SixKeys
11-10-2013, 01:15 PM
The problem there is they were based in Masyaf and UBI won't want to revisit locations.. It has to be after Altair because he's the one that got them to leave the castle and spread around the world basically.

The assassin order as it existed back in the Crusades was based in Masyaf. Assassins and Templars have existed much longer than that, they just didn't always call themselves by those names. So we could easily go back to a pre-Crusades time when neither Order was quite as organized. It could actually be interesting, having these people with special powers (Eagle Vision) being spread out around the world and slowly coming together, not understanding exactly what it is they share. Maybe we could even have a friendship between an assassin and a Templar whose relationship we follow throughout the game. At some point they discover a Piece of Eden, have no idea what it is or where it came from, but after discovering what it does, they have a falling out over how it should be used.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Altair changed the Levantine branch, who had be changed by Al Mualim in the first place, and then spread his new ideals to all the other branches around the world, the Assassin order existed throughout the world and centuries with varying forms of organization, what i want to say is that the order had this military like organization under Al Mualim but before him things were different and not all branches adopted Al Mualim ideals too.

SenseHomunculus
11-10-2013, 02:25 PM
He can't take Connor's manliness...too much...oh..oh....

Nope, just couldn't take Connor. But thanks.

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 02:30 PM
The assassin order as it existed back in the Crusades was based in Masyaf. Assassins and Templars have existed much longer than that, they just didn't always call themselves by those names. So we could easily go back to a pre-Crusades time when neither Order was quite as organized. It could actually be interesting, having these people with special powers (Eagle Vision) being spread out around the world and slowly coming together, not understanding exactly what it is they share. Maybe we could even have a friendship between an assassin and a Templar whose relationship we follow throughout the game. At some point they discover a Piece of Eden, have no idea what it is or where it came from, but after discovering what it does, they have a falling out over how it should be used.

I see Babylon, Ancient Sumer and Assyria as the perfect places for such situation you described. The birth of the "modern civilization" and the struggle between the two ways to see it as presented in the series; freedom or peace....

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 02:31 PM
People saying that Connor's VA should be angry, what about the 3 different actors that voiced Altair, their character was never dropped, but they were.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Noah was a terrible VA :\

lothario-da-be
11-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I found him a great VA, he represented Connors character very well. Sad that a lot people don't even get futther then "uggh its not Ezio, moore jokes and entainment ughh"

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Indeed, Noah Watts would have got a decent pay check by Ubi and will probably go onto do more voice acting. Some people just take game characters way to seriously. Actually adventurewomen does it way way to seriously, there's nothing wrong with liking a character (unless it's Stephane Chapheau) but there's a line.
Have you completely forgotten that I'm Mohawk so I will take this situation on serious personal level.

Disagree!

I found him a great VA, he represented Connors character very well. Sad that a lot people don't even get futther then "uggh its not Ezio, moore jokes and entainment ughh"
Exactly!!

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM

Why? Because you don't like his accent? He had valid reasons for the way he portrayed Connor, he spoke very formally because Connor learned English himself and was not familiar with colloquialisms.
And, he spoke in a native american accent - because he was bloody native American!

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Noah had is moments here and there but most of the time he sounded like a robot, a voice synthesizer could have done that and would have been cheaper.

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Noah had is moments here and there but most of the time he sounded like a robot, a voice synthesizer could have done that and would have been cheaper.

Some of the Captain Obvious lines he was given contributed to that.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Why? Because you don't like his accent? He had valid reasons for the way he portrayed Connor, he spoke very formally because Connor learned English himself and was not familiar with colloquialisms.
And, he spoke in a native american accent - because he was bloody native American!
Agreed!

Comments like this are based on ignorance. You have to take into account that the situation of Natives at that time, you would know then.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM
So natives at the time spoke with emotionless monochordic voices?

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM

I don't care how authentic it was man. It was still boring, just cause its authentic does not mean its not boring.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 03:38 PM
So natives at the time spoke with emotionless monochordic voices?
Noah had emotion in his voice you decided not to listen to the times when there was raw emotion there.

I don't care how authentic it was man. It was still boring, just cause its authentic does not mean its not boring.
You're walking around in circles, you say one thing but yet you mean the very thing you didn't mean to say.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Noah had emotion in his voice you decided not to listen to the times when there was raw emotion there.

That is why i said "Noah had is moments here and there".

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 03:44 PM
That is why i said "Noah had is moments here and there".
You can't expect Noah to voice a character to be super happy, angry or sad all the time there has to be a medium. If he were happy all the time what would be unrealistic.

I just don't get what you're trying to say tbh..

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Have you completely forgotten that I'm Mohawk so I will take this situation on serious personal level.

-_-

Re: Connor's voice, the only real oddity I found was why did the Natives spoke with a.. shall we say american accent? I'm genuinely curious. Not complaining.

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 03:51 PM

But you say Noah was a terrible VA, when in actual fact you just don't like the native American accent - that's fine then. As a matter of fact, I too hate some accents, like Liverpudlian or Newcastle. Anyway, terrible is a strong word. If he has represented Connor authentically and realistically, he has done a good job. And you can't deny there were some very emotional moments with Connor.

Surely you can't deny that "Because no one else will!" sounded badass, I mean come on.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 03:51 PM

As the other member noted, the Assassins and Templars have existed since the dawn of time, according to Ubi and to the Assassin’s Creed Encyclopedia, my friend.

I agree 100%
There are countless possibilities when we go back before Altair. Let’s say in the time of Iltani or even Adam and Eve. The story can go back and forth between before and after Toba Catastrophe which will give some sort of an alternative to modern day since before Toba, the world was even more civilized and evolved than it is now.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
You can't expect Noah to voice a character to be super happy, angry or sad all the time there has to be a medium. If he were happy all the time what would be unrealistic.

I just don't get what you're trying to say tbh..

What I'm saying is that he sounded like someone reading a bunch of lines out of duty because it was his job, but maybe i have no idea what I'm saying, i know nothing of how natives speak, I'm not even a native English speaker, just like you probably didn't noticed how bad and fake the Brazilian civilians sounded in AC3 or how forced the Portuguese soldiers sound in AC4.

Spider_Sith9
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Kinda makes me feel bad about myself. Being a carbon copy of Connor in real life just with a different ethnic and nationality.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 04:01 PM
But you say Noah was a terrible VA, when in actual fact you just don't like the native American accent - that's fine then. As a matter of fact, I too hate some accents, like Liverpudlian or Newcastle. Anyway, terrible is a strong word. If he has represented Connor authentically and realistically, he has done a good job. And you can't deny there were some very emotional moments with Connor.

Surely you can't deny that "Because no one else will!" sounded badass, I mean come on.

Okay maybe I hate the native accent... I just didn't like it. That like did sound badass, because I actually felt emotion behind it.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 04:02 PM
-_-

Re: Connor's voice, the only real oddity I found was why did the Natives spoke with a.. shall we say american accent? I'm genuinely curious. Not complaining.
Noah said on that Assassins Den Podcast that he had a concept for Connor that he learnt to speak English from colonists.

What I'm saying is that he sounded like someone reading a bunch of lines out of duty because it was his job, but maybe i have no idea what I'm saying, i know nothing of how natives speak, I'm not even a native English speaker, just like you probably didn't noticed how bad and fake the Brazilian civilians sounded in AC3 or how forced the Portuguese soldiers sound in AC4.
Noah wasn't reading just a bunch of lines, he also physically acted he did facial motion capture and body motion capture for Connor. Noah is a professional actor who has spent years learning his craft.

If you were a trained actor you'd understand better.

Spider_Sith9
11-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Say what you want about Noah, his Japanese VA is pretty good! Daisuke Namikawa! :D

Anyhoo, Noah is one of the few VA's I'd like to see in more games and roles. Same with Mark Meer and Maryke Hendriskye

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
But he learned it from his mother? And why do other natives speak with that accent too?

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 04:17 PM
But he learned it from his mother? And why do other natives speak with that accent too?
You mean a Rez accent no Connor didn't have that accent because like Noah said he learnt to speak English from colonists.

Connor's mother taught him Kanien'keha (our language) in the first cutscene with Connor you can see that Connor was trying to find the right words to say to his mother and colonists taught Connor english and I'm sure his mother Kaniehtí:io wouldn't have mind the colonists teaching Connor English since he was half British himself. Also back in the 18th Century is wasn't uncommon for colonists to be teaching Natives the English language.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Noah wasn't reading just a bunch of lines, he also physically acted he did facial motion capture and body motion capture for Connor. Noah is a professional actor who has spent years learning his craft.

If you were a trained actor you'd understand better.

That didn't stop him from sounding disinterested and monochordic most of the time, both when speaking English and when speaking the native language.

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 04:21 PM

Nothing more atrocious than the "spanish accents" during the Pax Romana mission, the one in which you kill Cesare Borgia!!!!

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Yeah but then wouldnt he pick up their non-monotone way of speaking as well?

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't like Connor's voice most of the time either, especially when he was talking with a calm voice. That sounds so... monotone. I really don't like that :/
He sounds alright when he has some emotion in his voice, like when he says "Because no one else will!"
But most of the time, no. I just don't like it.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
That didn't stop him from sounding disinterested and monochordic most of the time, both when speaking English and when speaking the native language.

Yeah but then wouldnt he pick up their non-monotone way of speaking as well?
Noah doesn't sound monotone, he had tone and variants to his voice for Connor.

HiddenKiller612
11-10-2013, 04:35 PM
I liked Connor. I felt having a native american assassin was great. I really felt like he had potential to develop. As all of the assassins have had great potential... All have fulfilled that potential in some ways. Not every assassin we see will become a master assassin though. Not everyone is going to have or even want that. I don't think Ubisoft should make each assassin have the same level of potential... Each should have his own set of skills, gifts, and personality to bring to the table. Connor on the other hand, had insight... He had a people that faced oppression firsthand... Which is what the Assassin's have been fighting against. I don't see his struggle being over, in fact I think it's just beginning. Though that is me, I connect with characters like Connor... Simply because I've had struggles of my own....

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I never thought Connor's voice was monotone. In fact, I really loved this way of speaking (that some people call "monotone...)
Is it because I'm not native English speaker? I don't know...

pirate1802
11-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Well if not monotone then certainly less varied than the average english speaker. Wouldnt he pick that up as well if he learned from them?

Regardless, the whole concept of accents is that (as far as I know) you pronouncing an alien language in a way you speak your own language. So for example I speak a different accented english than for example you. Because I try to pronounce english syllables in my own way, like I do with my native language. Same with everyone else. It is only when you live among that alien-speaking people for a prolonged period of time that you start picking up their accent as well. Like american cousins speak a very different type of english than me, even though both of has had the initial training in spoken english from hollywood movies basically. So unless Connor lived among natives for a considerable period of time (and let's not forget Ziio and konandokooooo as well, they too spoke in that accent) he couldn't have learned their accent as well. He would have learned english ofcourse, but would speak in his own accent.

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Is it because I'm not native English speaker? I don't know...

Well... neither am I, but I still don't like his voice.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Well if not monotone then certainly less varied than the average english speaker. Wouldnt he pick that up as well if he learned from them?

Regardless, the whole concept of accents is that (as far as I know) you pronouncing an alien language in a way you speak your own language. So for example I speak a different accented english than for example you. Because I try to pronounce english syllables in my own way, like I do with my native language. Same with everyone else. It is only when you live among that alien-speaking people for a prolonged period of time that you start picking up their accent as well. Like american cousins speak a very different type of english than me, even though both of has had the initial training in spoken english from hollywood movies basically. So unless Connor lived among natives for a considerable period of time (and let's not forget Ziio and konandokooooo as well, they too spoke in that accent) he couldn't have learned their accent as well. He would have learned english ofcourse, but would speak in his own accent.
You mean Kanen'tó:kon please get his name right.

Back in the 18th century American accents were forming and the accent Connor spoke was his own. Natives were Americans first.

For example a couple of my relatives have a Rez accent, I don't have that accent.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 05:48 PM
The accent still sucks.

Spider_Sith9
11-10-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't like Connor's voice most of the time either, especially when he was talking with a calm voice. That sounds so... monotone. I really don't like that :/
He sounds alright when he has some emotion in his voice, like when he says "Because no one else will!"
But most of the time, no. I just don't like it.

Wouldn't that be obvious? Didn't you say earlier in the year you hated Connor in general? 0_o

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't that be obvious? Didn't you say earlier in the year you hated Connor in general? 0_o
Wouldn't what be obvious?
I think I said I don't like him. What's your point?

Spider_Sith9
11-10-2013, 08:46 PM

You'd be biased I guess? Iunno.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I think he means that because you didn't like Connor, then by default, you didnt like his VAing either..

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Every time Connor spoke all I could here was Anakin Skywalker from Episode II and III.

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Every time Connor spoke all I could here was Anakin Skywalker from Episode II and III.

Hahahahaha

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Well... then, if we get a Connor sequel we may get Darth Vader. ^^

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s)

Kaschra
11-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I think he means that because you didn't like Connor, then by default, you didnt like his VAing either..

You'd be biased I guess? Iunno.

No. That would be stupid.
For example, I also dislike Rodrigo.... but I think his voice is good :I

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
And? How does a characters country of origin or culture reflect on how much you like him? I guess it would be cool to have a character where your from but it shouldn't make you obsessed with him.

freddie_1897
11-10-2013, 10:26 PM
I don’t mind not having another Connor game, If they did i’d be worried at them trying too hard to make his character more interesting and subsequently cause him to lose his essence. It would feel cheap.

Hilarious, sarcastic, Irish assassin next for me please.

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM

Regardless, the whole concept of accents is that (as far as I know) you pronouncing an alien language in a way you speak your own language. So for example I speak a different accented english than for example you. Because I try to pronounce english syllables in my own way, like I do with my native language. Same with everyone else. It is only when you live among that alien-speaking people for a prolonged period of time that you start picking up their accent as well. Like american cousins speak a very different type of english than me, even though both of has had the initial training in spoken english from hollywood movies basically. So unless Connor lived among natives for a considerable period of time (and let's not forget Ziio and konandokooooo as well, they too spoke in that accent) he couldn't have learned their accent as well. He would have learned english ofcourse, but would speak in his own accent.Hahaha

I agree though and the voice acting of Ziio, Clan Mother and Konandokooooooooo was not monotone so it's not really the accent.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:06 AM
No. That would be stupid.
For example, I also dislike Rodrigo.... but I think his voice is good :I
No no, I meant that a key competent of why you dislike the character of Connor (which is different from disliking Rodrigo. disliking Rodrigo means the VA and writer did a good job xP) may be his VAing..get what i'm saying?

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:07 AM
I honestly don't see how anyone would disagree that he was monotone when he was calm...he WAS monotone :|

That's badass..

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I honestly don't see how anyone would disagree that he was monotone when he was calm...he WAS monotone :|

That's badass..

LOL! That's exactly the thing I liked. This... "monotone" made him even more badass in my eyes.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:18 AM
LOL! That's exactly the thing I liked. This... "monotone" made him even more badass in my eyes.
Like "I expect an apology in my return"

Ezio would'v been like "Eheeey, I expect ehh an apooology in my retorn, no?"

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 12:21 AM

omg... ahahahaaaaa!!!

I actually imagine Connor as... Schwarzenegger in Terminator. haha! XD Can you imagine the Terminator speaking like Ezio? lol

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Reminds me of that particular Woodes Rodgers mission that pokes fun at a certain section of a certain fan base.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:24 AM
omg... ahahahaaaaa!!!

I actually imagine Connor as... Schwarzenegger in Terminator. haha! XD Can you imagine the Terminator speaking like Ezio? lol
Oh god no, half of his badassness would be gone. not saying there's just one type of badass. witty one liners are badass, but so are monotone, to the point lines...Putnam was scared ****less.

heck, Ezio had his monotone moments...the ones where he's actually badass. like "Let us see what you are made of old man" THAT was awesome.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Reminds me of that particular Woodes Rodgers mission that pokes fun at a certain section of a certain fan base.
Which one? :O I think I missed it..put it in spoiler tags

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Oh god no, half of his badassness would be gone. not saying there's just one type of badass. witty one liners are badass, but so are monotone, to the point lines...Putnam was scared ****less.

heck, Ezio had his monotone moments...the ones where he's actually badass. like "Let us see what you are made of old man" THAT was awesome.

Yes, true. Not saying that only monotone has a "scared-****less" effect. It depends on the character and situation.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
And? How does a characters country of origin or culture reflect on how much you like him? I guess it would be cool to have a character where your from but it shouldn't make you obsessed with him.

Hahaha

I agree though and the voice acting of Ziio, Clan Mother and Konandokooooooooo was not monotone so it's not really the accent.
:rolleyes:

Seriously you're not worth my time, I'm just going to stop responding to you from now on and in future.

No no, I meant that a key competent of why you dislike the character of Connor (which is different from disliking Rodrigo. disliking Rodrigo means the VA and writer did a good job xP) may be his VAing..get what i'm saying?

I found Connor's voice to be calm and that's what made him badass. <3

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Yes, true. Not saying that only monotone has a "scared-****less" effect. It depends on the character and situation.
Indeed it does. I just prefer Altair's and Connor's monotone badass..

I found Connor's voice to be calm and that's what made him badass. <3
Agreed. It's why i like Altair too...(in AC I)

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Which one? :O I think I missed it..put it in spoiler tags

The assassination one, where you steal the Italian diplomats clothes and he's all like "I miss Firenze" and calls Kingston boring and whatnot. Then Edward goes to the party as a generic, casanova Italian and chats up the ladies there - he also attempts an Italian accent, poorly. It may not have been poking fun, but it seemed that way to me. I'm not to good at explaining things but play it again and you'll see.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 12:32 AM

Agreed. It's why i like Altair too...(in AC I)

Me, too!

MLU: Monotone Lovers United!

lol

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:34 AM
The assassination one, where you steal the Italian diplomats clothes and he's all like "I miss Firenze" and calls Kingston boring and whatnot. Then Edward goes to the party as a generic, casanova Italian and chats up the ladies there - he also attempts an Italian accent, poorly. It may not have been poking fun, but it seemed that way to me. I'm not to good at explaining things but play it again and you'll see.
Oh god, yes...I remember now xD I just forgot it because I only watched it on YT, i didn't get there yet :P

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't think monotone is the same is boring.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm Scottish, so I am very monotone. I hate people that are the polar opposite, and pretentiously exaggerate and act excited in their voices at nothing:

Oh my gaaaahhhd, there's a staaaaarbuuuhhhksss. wanna get some CAWfeeee."

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
IAgreed. It's why i like Altair too...(in AC I)
I wish I could listen to Noah talk to me all day. Noah's voice is so calm, I love it. <3

What I liked about Connor that he was calm then in the very same memory cutscene he'd get angry then you'd know he means every word of his anger, like Oh **** someone's gonna get hurt from Connor's actions. Connor's integrity stood with him at all times, when his particular emotion e.g. happiness, anger or sadness was evident you know he really meant it. Badass, in every sense of the word Connor is.

Kaschra
11-11-2013, 01:48 AM

Ahahaha, exactly the two voices I really dislike the most :'D

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Ahahaha, exactly the two voices I really dislike the most :'D
So technically you're the Anti-Mo :P

Kaschra
11-11-2013, 01:53 AM
So technically you're the Anti-Mo :P
It seems that way, Magic Mo :P

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:55 AM
It seems that way, Magic Mo :P
Magic....mom 8P

Somewhere out there...a little bird is laughing xD

Kaschra
11-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Magic....mom 8P

Somewhere out there...a little bird is laughing xD
Am I the bird, because I am laughing :'D

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:58 AM
LMAO! This song came on my itunes right now!

I dedicate this to all the mo-lovers.
All right, all right... anti-mo too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixr7XG6LYKs

monteiro416
11-11-2013, 01:59 AM
I think I can honestly say I haven't disliked any of the voices. I love Connor and Altair's monotone voices just as much as I loved Leonardo's excitement/intrigue in his voice. Their voices just seem to match the personality.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:59 AM
LMAO! This song came on my itunes right now!

I dedicate this to all the mo-lovers.
All right, all right... anti-mo too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixr7XG6LYKs
Come to me, my Children 8)

Am I the bird, because I am laughing :'D
The OTHER bird too ;P

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 02:51 AM
This whole situation just still sucks, breaks my heart. </3

Connor deserves more than this treatment. :'(

MIA SILENT
11-11-2013, 02:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI

eifere
11-11-2013, 07:27 AM
I found Blackbeard's voice sooo badass :p

SixKeys
11-11-2013, 07:37 AM

He's a fictional character. Get over it.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 07:44 AM

Sister, Join us in our crusade against UBISOFT! - I turned into a Templar last night (it's cool when you sign up they give you candies and Templar's pins for your jacket) :p

Kagurra
11-11-2013, 07:55 AM

Basically get over it. Connor was not the greatest character as it stands anyway.

You seem a little bias...

VitaminsXYZ
11-11-2013, 07:58 AM

Basically get over it. Connor was not the greatest character as it stands anyway.

That wasn't really necessary. People get attached to fictional characters all the time. (Isn't that what drives most fandoms?)

Nothing wrong with feeling sad about possibly not seeing your favorite character again.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
That wasn't really necessary. People get attached to fictional characters all the time. (Isn't that what drives most fandoms?)

Nothing wrong with feeling sad about possibly not seeing your favorite character again.

Well, I understand her and I sympathise to her sadness - She has Native' roots, and we never have a native to play in a video game, and beside Ubisoft Blew-up that great opportunity - So, sure by respect I hope Ubisoft will make up for bull mistake with that character in giving him another chance, at least I hope they do it for the ones who are fan of Connor and the AC's native players.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 08:26 AM
He's a fictional character. Get over it.Indeed.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Well, I understand her and I sympathise to her sadness - She has Native' roots, and we never have a native to play in a video game, and beside Ubisoft Blew-up that great opportunity - So, sure by respect I hope Ubisoft will make up for bull mistake with that character in giving him another chance, at least I hope they do it for the ones who are fan of Connor and the AC's native players.They don't owe the native people or Connor ****. They didn't make a mistake they made a decision. They gave him a full game and DLC.

Kagurra
11-11-2013, 08:33 AM
They don't owe the native people or Connor ****. They didn't make a mistake they made a decision. They gave him a full game and DLC.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned her bias. Besides, I don't see why now is the time to be sad about there not being another Connor game. If there was EVER going to be another Connor game, it would've been in Black Flag's place. When BF was announced, that would've been the time to QQ. They aren't going to go back after a game in the middle, that's not how AC does things as you can see from the lineup we've had in the past. Yeah, maybe three Ezio games in a row was a bit too much and started to get stale, but we're past that and I think the devs have learned that lesson, which is great.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 08:40 AM
They don't owe the native people or Connor ****. They didn't make a mistake they made a decision. They gave him a full game and DLC.

Well look I do not know, and I don't care it is late there and I am going "Dodo" - I just think that I will have enjoyed playing a native in a video game, perhaps it was not a candidate for an AC game, I don't know...? I just understand her and I respect her sadness that is all.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, that's why I mentioned her bias. Besides, I don't see why now is the time to be sad about there not being another Connor game. If there was EVER going to be another Connor game, it would've been in Black Flag's place. When BF was announced, that would've been the time to QQ. They aren't going to go back after a game in the middle, that's not how AC does things as you can see from the lineup we've had in the past. Yeah, maybe three Ezio games in a row was a bit too much and started to get stale, but we're past that and I think the devs have learned that lesson, which is great.

I do not know where you got your sources? but I am not sure in December 2011 while finishing the Alpha for AC3 it was question that they were not going to give a trilogy with Connor, that is a fact...they did not do it because of the under rated feedback they got from the character post AC3 release...believe it or not - that is the way it was.

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Obviously, the solution is for Connor has to get laid and speak with a funny accent. Well-adjusted assassins who look after their neighbours and politely address strangers simply aren't what the public wants. The public wants murdering psychopaths like Altair, Ezio, and Edward who swing in and murder everyone who looks at them funny. We simply have no patience for good manners. That's why CLEARLY Connor must pop in for the French Revolution and learn how to make a proper arse of himself in public, That'll save his rep, methinks.

xx-pyro
11-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Obviously, the solution is for Connor has to get laid and speak with a funny accent. Well-adjusted assassins who look after their neighbours and politely address strangers simply aren't what the public wants. The public wants murdering psychopaths like Altair, Ezio, and Edward who swing in and murder everyone who looks at them funny. We simply have no patience for good manners. That's why CLEARLY Connor must pop in for the French Revolution and learn how to make a proper arse of himself in public, That'll save his rep, methinks.

As I recall none of the Assassin's barring Connor have screwed up badly enough to pretty much start a war.

pirate1802
11-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Pray tell in which world does addressing strangers equate shoving them away? I'm genuinely curious. Even the so-called psychopaths were never this rude.

yes, I do know why he did that. But since you post is filled with hyperboles, I replied with one of my own. :D

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 10:51 AM

You know Haythem was well mannered and wasn't a psychopath and people loved him he was easily the best character in AC3. Granted his beliefs were a bit silly but that doesn't make him a psychopath.

SixKeys
11-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Sure, but going on and on and on about it tends to get annoying after a while. It's okay for people here to say they hate Ezio ("He's a walking cliché! He's just a power fantasy! He's so overrated!"), but dare to even breathe a bad word about Connor and Adventurewomen will react like you just insulted a member of her own family.

Connor does not "deserve" better. He's a fictional character. Fictional characters don't deserve anything. Stop talking about him like Ubisoft just killed off a real person.

pirate1802
11-11-2013, 11:34 AM
You know Haythem was well mannered and wasn't a psychopath and people loved him he was easily the best character in AC3. Granted his beliefs were a bit silly but that doesn't make him a psychopath.

None of he assassins or Haytham are psychopaths, its just people's ways to characterize them (which is ironic because when others use the same tactic on Connor, they get all high and mighty.) If anything, some of the assassins are close to sociopathic tendencies, which is not nearly the same thing as being psychopathic. Another thing people routinely mix up.

Sure, but going on and on and on about it tends to get annoying after a while. It's okay for people here to say they hate Ezio ("He's a walking cliché! He's just a power fantasy! He's so overrated!"), but dare to even breathe a bad word about Connor and Adventurewomen will react like you just insulted a member of her own family.

Connor does not "deserve" better. He's a fictional character. Fictional characters don't deserve anything. Stop talking about him like Ubisoft just killed off a real person.

LOL! Pretty much.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 11:40 AM

Connor does not "deserve" better. He's a fictional character. Fictional characters don't deserve anything. Stop talking about him like Ubisoft just killed off a real person.This x1000 times, this

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 12:26 PM
er... no assassin gets as many continuous (and many times trolling) insults as Connor here despite so many Connor fans here. (Usually the Ezio criticisms come AFTER a Connor criticism btw... Just saying...) People need to respect each others' feelings, annoying or not. As it's already been mentioned, this love for a fictional character is exactly what drives all the fandoms out there. I don't think users here have stepped outside this forum to see what's going on in other fandoms for example! Even if you were a big fan of something (like say Supernatural or Dr Who) you wouldn't last a day in the raw fandom world (that consists of endless forums, blogs, fanfic sites, galleries and so on...). People even break friendships over fictional characters. What you see here is NOTHING. So it'd be nice to give them a break!

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
er... no assassin gets as many continuous (and many times trolling) insults as Connor here despite so many Connor fans here. (Usually the Ezio criticisms come AFTER a Connor criticism btw... Just saying...) People need to respect each others' feelings, annoying or not. As it's already been mentioned, this love for a fictional character is exactly what drives all the fandoms out there. I don't think users here have stepped outside this forum to see what's going on in other fandoms for example! Even if you were a big fan of something (like say Supernatural or Dr Who) you wouldn't last a day in the raw fandom world (that consists of endless forums, blogs, fanfic sites, galleries and so on...). People even break friendships over fictional characters. What you see here is NOTHING. So it'd be nice to give them a break!You realise you just proved SixKeys point.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Agree

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:21 PM
You realise you just proved SixKeys point.
Which was what? Even if I proved it, if you don't like the posts you can easily ignore them, instead of attacking/insulting people because of their love for a certain character. I have found "get over it" to be one of the most insulting phrases in existence.

Example: "It's just a cat that died.. get over it". You don't know how that person feels about that cat (or goldfish... or mouse...)

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 01:26 PM
You're comment wasn't necessary, and I know he is but that doesn't lessen the fact.

Sister, Join us in our crusade against UBISOFT! - I turned into a Templar last night (it's cool when you sign up they give you candies and Templar's pins for your jacket) :p
Awesome I'll join! :D

Well of course I'm Mohawk and so I feel the loss more than most Connor fans. Connor represented our culture and our people with integrity & honor.

Thank you for the support and this post! :)

Well, I understand her and I sympathise to her sadness - She has Native' roots, and we never have a native to play in a video game, and beside Ubisoft Blew-up that great opportunity - So, sure by respect I hope Ubisoft will make up for bull mistake with that character in giving him another chance, at least I hope they do it for the ones who are fan of Connor and the AC's native players.
Thank you and I agree! :)

You have understand from my perspective from my culture and heritage being so underrepresented try to understand my sadness. So right now for me is the time to be sad.

Well look I do not know, and I don't care it is late there and I am going "Dodo" - I just think that I will have enjoyed playing a native in a video game, perhaps it was not a candidate for an AC game, I don't know...? I just understand her and I respect her sadness that is all.
Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.

This was a *****y comment, I have never casued you offence no need to be rude to me seriously - there was no need for this comment. I'm offended.

As I'm Native American we are just so under-represented in all forms of media, which is what drives me to be upset over this. I have that right. Nor should I repress my thoughts of sadness. Like I said: Connor represented our culture and our people with integrity & honor.

I'm gonna be sad I'll be sad, end of this matter. I never hide my feelings as you're asking for me to do. No Way!

er... no assassin gets as many continuous (and many times trolling) insults as Connor here despite so many Connor fans here. (Usually the Ezio criticisms come AFTER a Connor criticism btw... Just saying...) People need to respect each others' feelings, annoying or not. As it's already been mentioned, this love for a fictional character is exactly what drives all the fandoms out there. I don't think users here have stepped outside this forum to see what's going on in other fandoms for example! Even if you were a big fan of something (like say Supernatural or Dr Who) you wouldn't last a day in the raw fandom world (that consists of endless forums, blogs, fanfic sites, galleries and so on...). People even break friendships over fictional characters. What you see here is NOTHING. So it'd be nice to give them a break!
Thank you Sliver, I appreciate it! *hugs*

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Which was what? Even if I proved it, if you don't like the posts you can easily ignore them, instead of attacking/insulting people because of their love for a certain character. I have found "get over it" to be one of the most insulting phrases in existence.

Example: "It's just a cat that died.. get over it". You don't know how that person feels about that cat (or goldfish... or mouse...)That Connor fans react at the stupidest **** and take everything to heart.

Well then if you want me to ignore your posts, ignore mine. This is a forum where discussion is key, ignoring something defeats the point and how is a cat dying even even compare to a video game character not getting a second game? This is getting beyond ridiculous.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Have to say, I haven't seen any Ezio or Altair fans react crazy here when people say they don't like said character.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
That Connor fans react at the stupidest **** and take everything to heart.

Well then if you want me to ignore your posts, ignore mine. This is a forum where discussion is key, ignoring something defeats the point and how is a cat dying even even compare to a video game character not getting a second game? This is getting beyond ridiculous.
er you missed my point... never mind...

MIA SILENT
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM
If Adventurewomen is genuinely heartbroken, maybe she should be cut some slack. I once got banned from a LotR forum for calling everyone Orcs and Hobbit murderers. I know how serious people take this stuff.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Have to say, I haven't seen any Ezio or Altair fans react crazy here when people say they don't like said character.
Possibly because Connor is the only assassin so far that people PERSONALLY identify so much with him. I have seen this exact connection being highlighted in many posts in many blogs and websites. They IDENTIFY with him. That is why. So when people insult Connor (and go on to say he has no personality and he's introvert, shy, doesn't crack jokes etc etc), they also insult them personally. Because they have identified with him after seeing some of Connor's introvert qualities in themselves. I have seen this connection so many times in websites I can't count them anymore.
So yeah, that's why Connor fans go "crazy" when people insult Connor.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
You're comment wasn't necessary, and I know he is but that doesn't lessen the fact.Yes it does, he's not real.

Well of course I'm Mohawk and so I feel the loss more than most Connor fans. Connor represented our culture and our people with integrity & honor.How does you being of the same culture to a character make you better then the rest of his fans?

You have understand from my perspective from my culture and heritage being so underrepresented try to understand my sadness. So right now for me is the time to be sad.Under-represented? At least you got a game, I've never seen an Australian lead in any game ever, or an Indigenous Australian in any media product that wasn't about Indigenous Australians ever.

This was a *****y comment, I have never casued you offence no need to be rude to me seriously - there was no need for this comment. I'm offended.

As I'm Native American we are just so under-represented in all forms of media, which is what drives me to be upset over this. I have that right. Nor should I repress my thoughts of sadness. Like I said: Connor represented our culture and our people with integrity & honor.

I'm gonna be sad I'll be sad, end of this matter. I never hide my feelings as you're asking for me to do. No Way!Just because it disagreed with you doesn't make it a "****ty comment". All this did was show how you react to Connor's criticism like he's your own son, which is weird and wrong. He represented fictional people based on your culture but if you want to have a murderous, fictional, game character as your peoples icon by all means do so.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Possibly because Connor is the only assassin so far that people PERSONALLY identify so much with him. I have seen this exact connection being highlighted in many posts in many blogs and websites. They IDENTIFY with him. That is why. So when people insult Connor (and go on to say he has no personality and he's introvert, shy, doesn't crack jokes etc etc), they also insult them personally. Because they have identified with him after seeing some of Connor's qualities in themselves. I have seen this connection so many times i can't count them anymore.
So yeah, that's why Connor fans go "crazy" when people insult Connor.No it's not, most teens would PERSONALLY identify with Ezio and if he gets insulted I don't go have a cry about it.
How is insulting someone something likes even close to insulting them? Why would people go "crazy" over a game character. From a broad perspective Connor is no better or worse then Ezio, Altair or Edward, so it gives you no excuse to go "crazy" when your favourite character is insulted.

AssassinHMS
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
You're comment wasn't necessary, and I know he is but that doesn't lessen the fact.

Awesome I'll join! :D

Well of course I'm Mohawk and so I feel the loss more than most Connor fans. Connor represented our culture and our people with integrity & honor.

Thank you for the support and this post! :)

Thank you and I agree! :)

You have understand from my perspective from my culture and heritage being so underrepresented try to understand my sadness. So right now for me is the time to be sad.

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.

Thank you Sliver, I appreciate it! *hugs*

I probably shouldn't join the discussion but I'll give my two cents anyway. The way I see it, if Connor wasn't Mohawk, you wouldn't be saying these things or standing up for him. Sure, you're descendant from Mohawks but that doesn't mean you owe them allegiance or unconditional love. Before you're a Mohawk, you're a person (an individual) and I don't think you should mix the two. Your heritage shouldn't influence or change your opinions or who you are. You should be able look at Connor in a more rational way as it seems you're being driven by an irrational connection. In a way this is like religion. And both religion and culture should be look at as a person's background and not as a variable that changes the way you look at or treat that person.
I personally don't like when people stand for countries, for religions or for ethnicities because I don't care about those things, I care about the actual person and I think everyone should stand for themselves because that is what really matters as the rest doesn’t carry any real weight.
I don’t care about my culture. I care about it enough to learn about it but I don’t let it define who I am or my actions. Culture and religion only divide people into groups and the less importance you give them, the less harm they’ll do to you and to other people.

I want to add that Connor is a fictional character and that these are Assassin's Creed games and not 3 Ezio games, a Connor game and an Edward game.
I also don’t feel the need for anyone to represent my culture. I represent myself (the best I can) and that is all that matters.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
No it's not, most teens would PERSONALLY identify with Ezio and if he gets insulted I don't go have a cry about it.
How is insulting someone something likes even close to insulting them?
Hmm.. no, most teens would not personally identify with Ezio. That's a whole different level of comparison. I don't think most teens identify with Italian womanizers. (at least I hope not or I'm checking out of this planet).

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I probably shouldn't join the discussion but I'll give my two cents anyway. The way I see it, if Connor wasn't Mohawk, you wouldn't be saying these things or standing up for him. Sure, you're descendant from Mohawks but that doesn't mean you owe them allegiance or unconditional love. Before you're a Mohawk, you're a person (an individual) and I don't think you should mix the two. Your heritage shouldn't influence or change your opinions or who you are. You should be able look at Connor in a more rational way as it seems you're being driven by an irrational connection. In a way this is like religion. And both religion and culture should be look at as a person's background and not as a variable that changes the way you look at or treat that person.
I personally don't like when people stand for countries, for religions or for ethnicities because I don't care about those things, I care about the actual person and I think everyone should stand for themselves because that is what really matters as the rest doesn’t carry any real weight.
I don’t care about my culture. I care about it enough to learn about it but I don’t let it define who I am or my actions. Culture and religion only divide people into groups and the less importance you give them, the less harm they’ll do to you and to other people.

I want to add that Connor is a fictional character and that these are Assassin's Creed games and not 3 Ezio games, a Connor game and an Edward game.
I also don’t feel the need for anyone to represent my culture. I represent myself (the best I can) and that is all that matters.Great post.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Possibly because Connor is the only assassin so far that people PERSONALLY identify so much with him. I have seen this exact connection being highlighted in many posts in many blogs and websites. They IDENTIFY with him. That is why. So when people insult Connor (and go on to say he has no personality and he's introvert, shy, doesn't crack jokes etc etc), they also insult them personally. Because they have identified with him after seeing some of Connor's introvert qualities in themselves. I have seen this connection so many times in websites I can't count them anymore.
So yeah, that's why Connor fans go "crazy" when people insult Connor.

How can people identify with Connor?

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Hmm.. no, most teens would not personally identify with Ezio. That's a whole different level of comparison.Yes they would, most teens are smartasses, womanisers and cocky, although Ezio wasn't even that cocky that's what most people seem to identify Ezio with being.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
How can people identify with Connor?
Non-Connor fans don't get it. It's just... difficult to explain I'm afraid...

Yes they would, most teens are smartasses, womanisers and cocky, although Ezio wasn't even that cocky that's what most people seem to identify Ezio with being.
All those are BAD qualities. We're not talking about bad qualities, just a certain style of ADULT personality that follows you for life.

*books ticket to Mars*

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 01:58 PM

All those are BAD qualities. We're not talking about bad qualities, just a certain style of ADULT personality that follows you for life.

*books ticket to Mars*Non-Connor fans don't get it? I like Connor and I have NFI about what you're saying.

I thought Connor was flawed though and his BAD qualities are what made him great?

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Non-Connor fans don't get it? I like Connor and I have NFI about what you're saying.

I thought Connor was flawed though and his BAD qualities are what made him great?

Well obviously, you don't...

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 02:00 PM

That doesn't make sense. How is it difficult to explain. If no one explains cause its "difficult" how will non connor fans ever know?

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
That doesn't make sense. How is it difficult to explain. If no one explains cause its "difficult" how will non connor fans ever know?
If you don't like Connor no matter how many words or essays someone writes, non-fans will never get it. It's not easy to explain unless you're a Connor fan. That's why we have all these wars and rants from Connor fans all over the web defending Connor.

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes they would, most teens are smartasses, womanisers and cocky, although Ezio wasn't even that cocky that's what most people seem to identify Ezio with being.
Dude way to stereotype, tbh while some teens are like how you say, most are not, everyone has a different personality.

tbh about the Connor debate and people saying that us non Connor fans don't get it, we do Ubi tried to make him stoic, and angry about the treatment of his people, but he just ended up sounding like a petulant child or Anakin Skywalker as I like to call him, and boring its is ridiculous how boring he is. Haytham was a way better character than Connor and was and far more interesting.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Dude way to stereotype, tbh while some teens are like how you say, most are not, everyone has a different personaility.
Thanks!

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 02:04 PM

I also don’t feel the need for anyone to represent my culture. I represent myself (the best I can) and that is all that matters.
Im just going to say your culture and heritage makes who you are it's your identity. Without that we are lost.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 02:08 PM
If you don't like Connor no matter how many words or essays someone writes, non-fans will never get it. It's not easy to explain unless you're a Connor fan. That's why we have all these wars and rants from Connor fans all over the web defending Connor.

Well explain anyway, what you are saying still doesn't make sense. You defend because non Connor fans dont relate, yet you aren't willing to explain why people relate to him.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Let's try to explain it a bit more, but I need to go so I'll make it short.

Ezio: womaniser, arrogant, cocky (inner characteristics: all bad qualities) = HERO of the AC Universe.
Connor: shy, stoic, introvert (inner characteristics: good or at least NON-bad qualities) = boring, dull, no personality

You see why Connor fans get angry? Especially when they identify with him BECAUSE of these personality traits?

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 02:12 PM

Ezio: womaniser, arrogant, cocky (inner characteristics: all bad qualities) = HERO of the AC Universe.
Connor: shy, stoic, introvert (inner characteristics: good or at least NON-bad qualities) = boring, dull, no personality

You see why Connor fans get angry? Especially when they identify with him BECAUSE of these personality traits?
Preach!! Damn right sis! Agreed! :D

AssassinHMS
11-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Im just going to say your culture and heritage makes who you are it's your identity. Without that we are lost.

Only if you let it. You are more than your culture. I'm not my culture or heritage (I respect them but don't give a crap about them) and I don't have a religion. Do you think I'm lost?

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Here's a little insight to my life, I am quiet shy in person and I am also Stoic. I had a girlfriend for 3 years and when she left me it literally broke me but I still held my **** together in front of people. I have Connors traits too, but at the same time I am always joking around and making other people laugh.

And that is a key difference. The fact that I crack jokes and make others laugh and feel good makes me not boring as a person. If I was shy and didn't talk to anyone, then yeah, I would be boring as a person.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Only if you let it. You are more than your culture. I'm not my culture or heritage (I respect them but don't give a crap about them) and I don't have a religion. Do you think I'm lost?
Even though I'm not Native American myself I can understand her POV because I also feel the same with my own culture. In other words, yes, I DO give a crap about my culture and even my country's religion (even though I'm agnostic myself). So I totally understand why she feels the way she feels.

Yes, it's also difficult to understand. So all people are asking here is to be given some flak to "grieve", yes, even for a fictional character...

Here's a little insight to my life, I am quiet shy in person and I am also Stoic. I had a girlfriend for 3 years and when she left me it literally broke me but I still held my **** together in front of people. I have Connors traits too, but at the same time I am always joking around and making other people laugh.

And that is a key difference. The fact that I crack jokes and make others laugh and feel good makes me not boring as a person. If I was shy and didn't talk to anyone, then yeah, I would be boring as a person.

Well, I'm the same, too. Just like you described... ^^ I suppose some people identify much much more with Connor. I dunno...

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Dude way to stereotype, tbh while some teens are like how you say, most are not, everyone has a different personality.Where I'm from most are like that but probably not where you're from so idk.

You see why Connor fans get angry? Especially when they identify with him BECAUSE of these personality traits?What a biased list, you're comparing Ezio's flaws with Connor's strengths. Also Connor is a LOT more arrogant than Ezio, I have no idea how people actually see him as humble. Ezio's list should be closer to this

Ezio: Charming, funny, charismatic, confident.

And that is a key difference. The fact that I crack jokes and make others laugh and feel good makes me not boring as a person. If I was shy and didn't talk to anyone, then yeah, I would be boring as a person.I'm sorry about you and your girlfriend pac, but I agree with what you're saying.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I don't know what culture and heritage you're from so I can't comment on that.

I can only speak for myself, I'm proud of my Native American heritage it makes me who I am we have had to overcome a lot of struggles and it's something that still effects us today because the history and what we had to face is still so fresh and we never forget.

Even though I'm not Native American myself I can understand her POV because I also feel the same with my own culture. In other words, yes, I DO give a crap about my culture and even my country's religion (even though I'm agnostic myself). So I totally understand why she feels the way she feels.

Yes, it's also difficult to understand. So all people are asking here is to be given some flak to "grieve", yes, even for a fictional character...
I agree wholeheartedly and thank you my friend! :)

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
What a biased list, you're comparing Ezio's flaws with Connor's strengths. Also Connor is a LOT more arrogant than Ezio, I have no idea how people actually see him as humble. Ezio's list should be closer to this
Ezio: Charming, funny, charismatic, confident.

Not biased at all. I'm not comparing weaknesses and strengths but the MAIN characteristics of both assassins. What they are MOSTLY known for in the fandom. Let's not deny that Ezio's most well-known characteristic is being a womaniser... (a charming and funny womaniser, but still...)

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Well, I'm the same, too. Just like you described... ^^ I suppose some people identify much much more with Connor. I dunno...

No but here's the thing. Stoicness is not showing your pain. Connor DOES show his pain, he shows it through arrogance and anger and being fixed on one motive only, killing Lee. This is what I didn't like. He acted like a child, he lost his mother fair enough. Does that mean he can be rude to pretty much everyone apart from his Homesteaders?

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Not biased at all. I'm not comparing weaknesses and strengths but the MAIN characteristics of both assassins. What they are MOSTLY known for in the fandom. Let's not deny that Ezio's most well-known characteristic is being a womaniser... (a charming and funny womaniser, but still...)Well you never mentioned Connor's naivety, or his outspoken Arrogance (especially to Achilles) or even his bland personality which is one of Connors most well-known characteristics.

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 02:36 PM
tbh it is easy to mistake confidence for arrogance, there is a very fine line between them.

I also am a reserved sort of person and while I can be funny and do entertaining and adventurous sort of things I know for a fact that people relate better to my friend who would have a similar personality but is more out going than me, and I think thats the difference here, while Connor is strong he is reserved, but Ezio is strong and out going and is easier to relate too.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:37 PM
tbh it is easy to mistake confidence for arrogance, there is a very fine line between them.

I also am a reserved sort of person and while I can be funny and do entertaining and adventurous sort of things I know for a fact that people relate better to my friend who would have a similar personality but is more out going than me, and I think thats the difference here Connor is strong he is reserved while Ezio is strong and out going and is easier to relate too.Ezio is confident.

Connor is arrogant.

Ezio just shows his confidence more then Connor shows his arrogance.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Well you never mentioned Connor's naivety, or his outspoken Arrogance (especially to Achilles) or even his bland personality which is one of Connors most well-known characteristics.
He has flaws, yes, but I didn't see that much arrogance in Connor... Also... a bland personality is subjective. If it's "bland"... well I personally loved that "blandness", what can I say... That's what makes people angry I guess. Converting a non-fault to a fault.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:39 PM
He has flaws, yes. But... a bland personality is subjective. If it's "bland"... well I personally loved that "blandness", what can I say...I never minded Ezio's womanising either, he was a young, Italian man. Adventurewomen speaks so highly of how your culture shapes you, the Italian culture would shape you that way.

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Ezio is confident.

Connor is arrogant.

Ezio just shows his confidence more then Connor shows his arrogance.

I would call Connor many things bland, boring, petulant, but I would not call him arrogant.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I never minded Ezio's womanising either, he was a young, Italian man. Adventurewomen speaks so highly of how your culture shapes you, the Italian culture would shape you that way.

I minded... lol I think it's just a stereotype about Italian men.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Ezio's womanising ways was one if the main things that put me off his character along with the ego and arrogance that he had throughout his games it became grating and he's full of Italian sterotypes that I disliked.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I would call Connor many things bland, boring, petulant, but I would not call him arrogant.Like I said it doesn;t show much but it shines through, when he's arguing with Achilles or when he tells Washington that he basically single handedly won a couple wars fro him, disregarding everything the soldiers and other military guys did, there are other moments but I haven't played AC3 in ages.

I minded... lol I think it's just a stereotype about Italian men.A lot of people also minded with Cuna's blandness.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Ezio's womanising ways was one if the main things that put me off his character along with the ego and arrogance that he had throughout his games it became grating and he's full of Italian sterotypes that I disliked.He was less arrogant then Connor.

Did you not just also say that Connor being Native American is basically your favourite thing about him and that he leads your culture? Yet if Ezio's full of Italian stereotypes his culture has shaped him. Now if anyone insulted your people you would lose your ****, now you're insulting Italians. Seems rather hypocritical.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 02:52 PM
No but here's the thing. Stoicness is not showing your pain. Connor DOES show his pain, he shows it through arrogance and anger and being fixed on one motive only, killing Lee. This is what I didn't like. He acted like a child, he lost his mother fair enough. Does that mean he can be rude to pretty much everyone apart from his Homesteaders?

Quoting myself cause no one is replying to me.

silvermercy
He was less arrogant then Connor.

Did you not just also say that Connor being Native American is basically your favourite thing about him and that he leads your culture? Yet if Ezio's full of Italian stereotypes his culture has shaped him. Now if anyone insulted your people you would lose your ****, now you're insulting Italians. Seems rather hypocritical.

Italian men are not like all like that. She's not insulting anyone. It's actually more insulting to stereotype them as womanizers and offer the Italian culture as an excuse for this creation of stereotype?

adventurewomen
He was less arrogant then Connor.

Not at all in the slightest, I have Italian friends who disliked Ezio for his stereotypical ways they disagreed with his behaviour.

I loved Connor's character in general.

Italian men are not like all like that. She's not insulting anyone. It's actually more insulting to stereotype them as womanizers and offer the Italian culture as an excuse for this creation of stereotype?
Agreed and thanks! :)

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
You know of all the Assassins Edward is by far the most arrogant, didn't stop him from being awesome though, but I suppose that was part of his character arc, him learning to be a better person. For that matter even Altair was arrogant in the beginning, wasn't that part of the reason he was demoted.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Quoting myself cause no one is replying to me.You silly boy, you should know by now that they don't reply to points that prove them wrong.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Italian men are not like all like that. She's not insulting anyone. It's actually more insulting to stereotype them as womanizers and offer the Italian culture as an excuse for this creation of stereotype?The only Italian guy I know is basically like this. So she insulted him and every other one with that stereotype.

Not at all in the slightest, I have Italian friends who disliked Ezio for his stereotypical ways they disagreed with his behaviour.

I loved Connor's character in general.Well I know one Italian guy, he loves Ezio and hates Connor haha.

You hate Ezio for some of things you love about Connor though? You only seem to like him because he's Mohican.

AssassinHMS
11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I don't know what culture and heritage you're from so I can't comment on that.
What? Why does it matter what heritage or culture I’m from? Don’t they all have the same importance? Truth is they are as important as you make them to be. They are nothing by themselves which means that, alone, they don’t carry any real weight. It is people, who give the weight to those superfluous things, who kill, that discriminate and change themselves because of their cultures or religions.

I can only speak for myself, I'm proud of my Native American heritage it makes me who I am we have had to overcome a lot of struggles and it's something that still effects us today because the history and what we had to face is still so fresh and we never forget.
Ok I see it is useless to use logic. So you are your culture, your words show you are representing them and you even participated alongside your ancestors in their struggles it seems. Then perhaps I should treat you as a culture instead of an individual as it seems more appropriate.
Unfortunately, since cultures or religions are meaningless by themselves and you are, obviously, a culture and definitely not an individual, you are just as real as Connor.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Let me make this clear Connor being Mohawk is not the only reason why I like Connor. I like Connor in general regardless he is still the most deserving assassin who should deserve nothing but the best treatment. Connor has so much potential that needs to be fulfilled.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Let me make this clear Connor being Mohawk is not the only reason why I like Connor. I like Connor in general regardless he is still the most deserving assassin who should deserve nothing but the best treatment. Connor has so much potential that needs to be fulfilled.He's not the most deserving Assassin, he's obviously the least deserving one because he got the least game time. He obviously has no more potential by that fact that it's NEVER going to be fulfilled.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Let me make this clear Connor being Mohawk is not the only reason why I like Connor. I like Connor in general regardless he is still the most deserving assassin who should deserve nothing but the best treatment. Connor has so much potential that needs to be fulfilled.

How is he most deserving. he lost his mother, his story is a revenge story. How in the hell does that make him most deserving of being an Assassin. He became an Assassin to kill a man. He didn't become an Assassin to do Assassin things.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 03:07 PM
What? Why does it matter what heritage or culture I’m from? Don’t they all have the same importance? Truth is they are as important as you make them to be. They are nothing by themselves which means that, alone, they don’t carry any real weight. It is people, who give the weight to those superfluous things.

Ok I see it is useless to use logic. So you are your culture, your words show you are representing them and you even participated alongside your ancestors in their struggles it seems. Then perhaps I should treat you as a culture instead of an individual as it seems more appropriate.
Unfortunately, since cultures or religions are meaningless by themselves and you are, obviously, a culture and definitely not an individual, you are just as real as Connor.
I find your post to be disrespectful and I am offended. I don't have to justify myself to you, so don't take a personal tone with me when I could just say to you that you have issues that you need to find out what they are and find solutions to them. Don't take out your inner frustration about yourself on me.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I find your post to be disrespectful and I am offended. I don't have to justify myself to you, so don't take a personal tone with me when I could just say to you that you have issues that you need to find out what they are and find solutions to them. Don't take out your inner frustration about yourself on me.This is arguably the most hypocritical thing I've ever read. You're the one with issues, you have some sick sensation towards a video game character. You ignore everything he says and you just put your own personal stamp on it.

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
This is arguably the most hypocritical thing I've ever read. You're the one with issues, you have some sick sensation towards a video game character. You ignore everything he says and you just put your own personal stamp on it.
You're the biggest troll on these forums.

I am just a fan of Ratonhnhaké:ton that is all.

AssassinHMS
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Exactly! This is something that bothered me as well. This actually made my experience slightly worse and it's one of the reasons why I'd like to see an AC game were the focus isn't the protagonist and where the player is the assassin.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghj5V5cUo1s

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 03:13 PM

I am just a fan of Ratonhnhaké:ton that is all.I maybe a troll at times but you're a hypocrite, you also seem to ignore what everyone says and just blert out random things like your post just did.

HiddenKiller612
11-11-2013, 03:14 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/6c36983d86a9ef4283d0be83d9b86544/tumblr_inline_mfkv08iDSX1qmueiv.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/51bbba681abefc539b6ebd6dc24431a5/tumblr_inline_mfkv1bEn991qmueiv.gif
http://www.betarocket.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/gettingthrough.gif

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Agreed with Sliver we are all just going around the same conversation all over again. Please I wish everyone would just respect each other and just agree to disagree.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 03:18 PM
How is he most deserving. he lost his mother, his story is a revenge story. How in the hell does that make him most deserving of being an Assassin. He became an Assassin to kill a man. He didn't become an Assassin to do Assassin things.

Quoting again cause im being ignored... again.

DinoSteve1
11-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Can we not just leave it at some people like Connor and some don't.

Am I the only on who thought there was a great lack of te Creed in AC3 even more so than in AC4?

killzab
11-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Agreed with Sliver we are all just going around the same conversation all over again. Please I wish everyone would just respect each other and just agree to disagree.

Agreed but why don't you do just that then ?

Everytime someone says something remotely bad about Connor, you just jump on them to tell them they're wrong....

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Everytime someone says something remotely bad about Connor, you just jump on them to tell them they're wrong....Indeed, it's funny because she "loves" him because of his flaws but when someone points out these flaws as you said she jumps all over them and tells them that they're wrong and could not be further from the truth.

AssassinHMS
11-11-2013, 03:33 PM
I find your post to be disrespectful and I am offended. I don't have to justify myself to you, so don't take a personal tone with me when I could just say to you that you have issues that you need to find out what they are and find solutions to them. Don't take out your inner frustration about yourself on me.

Surprise, surprise! A typical Culture answer.

An individual would have actually listened, reflected openly about what I said and formulated a rational answer. On the other hand, a Culture would take those words as a clear offense since, because it isn't an individual, it can't think or analyze the information and anything that isn't pro religion/culture is against it and, hence, a direct offense.
I’d say you need to open your mind but I’m tired of being judgmental. I’m definitely not better than you but it seems that I have more freedom for I am not bound to false realities and I am only myself. I can also think more clearly it seems.

I am just a fan of Ratonhnhaké:ton that is all.

He is not trolling. He just made a rational point.

silvermercy
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM

Everytime someone says something remotely bad about Connor, you just jump on them to tell them they're wrong....

Because she doesn't agree that a certain flaw is a FLAW? An introvert being considered dull and boring should not be considered a flaw for example.

Farlander1991
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I know this will make my sound INSANELY arrogant and most likely won't put me in the best light, but (and I'm not taking any sides in this particular discussion, mind you), just the way the 8-10 page argument has been conducted is really ironic considering we're all fans of a series whose motto is 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted'. :-/ You'd think we'd be better at conversations like these.

roostersrule2
11-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Because she doesn't agree that a certain flaw is a FLAW? An introvert being considered dull and boring should not be considered a flaw for example.Yea but to some it is dull and boring.

Just like how she thinks Ezio had a massive ego, he didn't but to some it could be considered that he did.

killzab
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Because she doesn't agree that a certain flaw is a FLAW? An introvert being considered dull and boring should not be considered a flaw for example.

She just said she agreed to disagree ... so she shouldn't oppose an opinion.

pacmanate
11-11-2013, 03:38 PM

Brilliant!