PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance 07/11/2013 - Ammar & Steam & other updates!

Aza404
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Dear Champions,

Today from 2 to 4pm (UK time) we will be hosting a maintenance during which the game will not be available.

Card Balance Updates:
- Ammar, the Cunning's ability can now only trigger once per turn.
- Strength of the Sea resource cost was increased from 3 to 4, and its magic requirement was increased from 3 to 4.
- Gate to Nowhere resource cost was decreased from 4 to 3, and its magic requirement was decreased from 4 to 3.

Bug Fixes & Misc:
- Fixed a bug with Asalah, Invoker of Castigation
- Pimped Out Deck achievement is fixed
- Twitch SDK update
- iOS7 compatibility added

Enjoy,
Aza and the doc Team

Edit Aza: the premium deck achievement has been fixed!

Shabbydizzle
11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
While it's great to see these balance updates, there is STILL an issue with logging in from the UK and other areas, and we've had no update on why it's happening, and if there is going to be a fix, you can't keep people in the dark for near 48 hours, its awful. Why is DoC burying it's head in the sand? could you at least acknowledge the issue?! :mad:

onza_
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Achiev. "Premium deck" bug will be fixed?

AmineM2
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Achiev. "Premium deck" bug will be fixed?

That's a good question.

Aza404
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
@Shabbydizzle: have you contacted support for help on that? You should not be experiencing issues when trying to log in.
@Onza_: no news on that yet, we have asked the devs if it was included. I'll update the patchnotes if it is.

Aatranis
11-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Is it possible that you announce the updates couple of days before you introduce them?

Shabbydizzle
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
@Shabbydizzle: have you contacted support for help on that? You should not be experiencing issues when trying to log in.

You expect pretty much every player from the UK to wait 5 days for a reply from support? i've sent a ticket, but its been 48 hours since i've been able to log in, and now waiting for a response from someone, because we've been completely left in the dark as to why none of us can log in. It has been completely ignored for the past 2 days, and i'm sitting here wondering why nothing has been said.

iceblaze9320
11-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I miss the Premium Deck bug fix along with the Halloween cards and a Sayama Archer nerf to ambush: 1. Basically we got Ammar fixed and SotS nerfed. But the disconnects, stuck on grey screen and forever loading in the Swisses should be fixed somehow. Yesterday i won 2 swisses without playing a single card in the finals because both of my opponents stuck on loading screen and i got auto victory.

Shukfir
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM
I hope in one of the next patches Wolf Captain will gain 4 health instead of 5. And the Might of Nature will also be changed in any way.

alternative83
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
@Onza_: no news on that yet, we have asked the devs if it was included. I'll update the patchnotes if it is.

so community managers don't know full patchnotes on the day the patch is coming out? or is it just some false hopes?

Uganda4ever
11-07-2013, 02:22 PM
good for Ammar (FINALLY),
but I also hope you fixed the sound issues, and I sincerely hope that one day you will increase the cost for Insect Swarm, and also do something about players abusing Fortune cards (maybe introduce cooldown for cards or something like that);
Until then, I've had it with this game.

ulpsz
11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
unhappy about sots nerf..actually why was that done??? there were not many complaints about it
this actually benefits stall decks alot, and is a big disadvantage for sanctuary fast decks...

only way to make gate to nowhere usefull is to change it so that it banishes creatures AT THE MOMENT when they attack not after

chuckdeg
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
you're dumb ulpsz and i guess you play at low ELO to not see SOTS is way too strong as a card as it was prior to the nerf.
watch some r2p games and you'll see what i am talking about

Pjovejas
11-07-2013, 03:08 PM
and also do something about players abusing Fortune cards

OMG! :D People, jus watch fresh thread here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806134-Strength-of-the-Sea-postpatch
please, please make up your minds finaly huh? :) either you want something against fortunes OR strong fortunes? :D

Fire_sn4kE
11-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Woohoo! No Ammar! There's gonna be a party in JP. Without Ammar, mind u :)

Penas2011
11-07-2013, 03:24 PM
There we go...
That sots is very welcome too...

AsaelShi
11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Any confirmation regarding The Premium Deck achievement fix Aza ?

StoryOff
11-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Fixed a bug with Asalah, Invoker of Castigation

what bug?

ManlyMantonio
11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Fixed a bug with Asalah, Invoker of Castigation

what bug?

I was wondering the same thing. Hadn't heard anything about this.

SpatulaOfDoom
11-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Notable exclusions:

- Spell Steal transferring Enthrall to another creature, keeping both.
- Spellsteal Wizards taking Cyclone does not give the benefit of preventing attacks on the row the Cyclone is transferred to.
- Mana Storm and Week of Taxes are passive.
- Paos seem to be dying when played into ambush.

DejaTwo
11-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi, thx for the update.

I can't seem to get it downloaded. I keep getting an "error in patching" message. Any solution for this? My connection is good.

Tibnt
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
- Paos seem to be dying when played into ambush.

Uh.... DuuH?

Pjovejas
11-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Am I the only one thinking that this nerf of Ammar just made another uselles hero, like Kieran and Siegfried??? His ability now in some cases are worse than generic ability of generic heroes... well not worse, but just... nothing

Revalon
11-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Am I the only one thinking that this nerf of Ammar just made another uselles hero, like Kieran and Siegfried??? His ability now in some cases are worse than generic ability of generic heroes... well not worse, but just... nothing

Well, a potential additional card every turn is not bad at all.
But we will see how it will develop.

SpatulaOfDoom
11-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Tibnt, you must not have watched the R2P finals :(

ManlyMantonio
11-07-2013, 05:03 PM

A free card per turn if you cast a spell hardly seems useless.

ShadeHaven
11-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree totally, the new Ammar should be still interesting to play but not overpowered in such an outrageous way like before.

xOSHCx
11-07-2013, 06:10 PM

It still doesn't work, atleast not for me. -.-
Any yes, I've checked it, all cards are foil and from the base set.

atord-Nordos
11-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Not happening.

tententai
11-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Is it only me or does the client crash much more often now ?

Hankst
11-07-2013, 06:42 PM
It still doesn't work, atleast not for me. -.-
Any yes, I've checked it, all cards are foil and from the base set.

Confirmed. Still does not work.

Jalhar33
11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Confirmed. Still does not work.
Confirmation confirmed. Still doesn't work. I rebuilt the deck, relogged, nothing. I'm about to ask you to manually give seals, as 500 is quite a big amount ;)

EDIT : it worked after I logged off totally, logged on, and modified the deck I previously created. As I filtered the cards the first time I made it, I'm 100% sure it's not a mistake on my side that prevented it from working the first time. It seems game has still some difficulties to recognize you did the achievements, so if it didn't work the first time for you, try again with various methods until it works / you get bored.

guest-DhmtK2NF
11-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Premium deck works, not like it should....but it works

first created a 60 card deck (only premium, first set)-> doesn't work
edit same deck(without logging out), took one card away- >got the achievement

edit...ups old account, greetings doppel_adler :)

atord-Nordos
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Same thing happened to me o.O So, yeah, kinda works.

Guferus
11-07-2013, 07:50 PM

yup i confirm it does work this way currently. Thnx

Rockhead80
11-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Not working any of Your method guys. Tryed during same session, tryed to logout then login and modify. Nothing. Maybe its coz i trying on ipad. Going to check on pc soon.

Edit. Worked on pc so only bugged on ipad.

ra3eTa
11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Not working.. Premium Crag Hag from acchive is ok ?

Jalhar33
11-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Not working.. Premium Crag Hag from acchive is ok ?
Nope, Crag Hack is not a base set hero, he is a reward hero.

ra3eTa
11-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Nope, Crag Hack is not a base set hero, he is a reward hero.

omfg... thx

k_test1
11-07-2013, 09:14 PM
It's semi-fixed. Current workaround is to limit your deck to 59 cards and you will get the Achievement. Valid only for PC, sorry iPAD players. Next update.

xOSHCx
11-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the hints, I got it to work now, even though in a different way...

I only have 59 foils, so made it a 58 card deck, just to go back to 59, but when I created that 58 deck, I got the achievement. oO

ulpsz
11-07-2013, 10:40 PM
you're dumb ulpsz and i guess you play at low ELO to not see SOTS is way too strong as a card as it was prior to the nerf.
watch some r2p games and you'll see what i am talking about

first of all it is you who is dumb...for not having any idea what you are talking about....

and I am high elo..and play this game from last september...

second ...a card should not be nerfed because of a certain math at a single moment....ballance should be considered globally and THE CARD ITSELF SHOULD BE CONSIDERED -- not how well it is used by certain players in CERTAIN situations...

I watched all r2p games and they are bad and boring, and all players make alot of stupid mistakes (not that I would play much better)...those are ABSOLUTELEY NOT AN EXAMPLE of how the game is evolving

please stop with the silly math...a game is about fun and immersion not TIC TAC TOE

Psychobabble.au
11-07-2013, 11:18 PM
You broke the ipad version :(. It's horribly stuttery, on iPad 2 (model MC706X/A), software version 7.0.3.

kokes123
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
You broke the ipad version :(. It's horribly stuttery, on iPad 2 (model MC706X/A), software version 7.0.3.
Same here, Ipad 3 and Mini ipad. D:

Hankst
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM

edit...ups old account, greetings doppel_adler :)

You're a god among bug fixers!

Ubi, get yo shiz together! ;)

tobbe_628
11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
is it just me, or are these changes like barely touching the game?

macs0uuu
11-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Hello, i guess you already are on it but yeah the game really lags on ipad ( ipad4 )

LurifaxB
11-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the hints, I got it to work now, even though in a different way...

I only have 59 foils, so made it a 58 card deck, just to go back to 59, but when I created that 58 deck, I got the achievement. oO

Didn't work for me on the iPad. Made a shaar deck with 59 cards. Double checked they were from first base set and premium cards. Nothing... Added 3 more premium cards. Again, nothing.

And no, only have 1 account and the achievement is still not unlocked on it.

Doppel_Adler
11-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Didn't work for me on the iPad. Made a shaar deck with 59 cards. Double checked they were from first base set and premium cards. Nothing... Added 3 more premium cards. Again, nothing.

And no, only have 1 account and the achievement is still not unlocked on it.

Not working any of Your method guys. Tryed during same session, tryed to logout then login and modify. Nothing. Maybe its coz i trying on ipad. Going to check on pc soon.

Edit. Worked on pc so only bugged on ipad.