PDA

View Full Version : Games On Demand For Xbox 360 Release Date?

RISE A KNIGHT
11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
I searched for this topic, but couldn't find another thread (sorry to anyone who has already read/answered this question though).

I'd just like to know if anyone has heard anything about when AC4 will be available on Xbox 360 for digital download. Right now there is an ad for the game on the marketplace that looks like the standard games on demand download pane, and it even allows you to look at the game details, but obviously you can't purchase it yet.

I suspect the game will be released sooner than previous installments, but was curious to hear some thoughts/insights, and also am wondering why there is no official word on this. It seems a bit strange to keep fans/consumers in the dark about the various options to purchase the game, and no timeline for each available option.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Why do you want it on 360 digital download? I would recommend not even getting it for current-gen. I'm sure it'll be available day one digitally for Xbox one though.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Lots of reasons. Most likely not getting an Xbox One. Also not getting a PS4 'till next year most likely. The graphical & content differences don't seem substantial enough for me to wait or next-gen. I have the other AC games on my hard drive and the OCD collector in me would like to complete the digital set. It's also much easier and faster (if it becomes available soon) to get it this way because there aren't any nearby game stores in the town I live in.

What I find surprising is the lack of info on this particular option. One would think Ubisoft (and other companies) would give a release window. And even if they have no idea when the game will be available for download, they could at least say that to keep customers informed. It's interesting how little digital releases are promoted currently. For example, it's a pretty big deal that COD Ghosts was available as a day one download and yet it was a surprise to see it available - that wasn't really promoted anywhere in a substantial way - not even on the dashboard.

Right now the AC IV ad on the marketplace is a strange tease. It has the same detailed options as a game you an buy and yet there is no purchase option. Same as WWE 2K14, which actually explicitly states that you can buy it. Just odd.

DoomerDGR8
11-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Back to the release date. Should be merged with this one: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/805906-Xbox-360-On-Demand