PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else miss Desmond already?

UKassassinsfan
11-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Does anyone else feel like the game isn't the same without Desmond? I've always been a Desmond fan I think he is the constant hero in the series! I loved AC4 and edward but the modern day stuff felt weak and unfulfilling! I would love for a miraculous Desmond return but it's highly unlikely! Anyone else feel the same or care to disagree?

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 03:29 AM
No. And I haven't even played AC4 yet.

phoenix-force411
11-07-2013, 03:36 AM
We hated him, and now we miss him. Ironic, huh? At least they brought back dem feels like in ACII...

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Not Desmond per se but I do miss third-person narrative. The game is called Assassin's Creed, so I feel like it's necessary to play as an assassin, even in modern day. And unwillingly helping the assassins out doesn't count.

The only reason I don't exactly miss Desmond as a character is because I didn't really feel that attached to him. It wasn't even until this game that we got to see his thoughts or feelings really, we just saw his actions. I guess Revelations went there in the Desmond's Journey missions, but I really hated doing those so I didn't have a very happy experience there. There was a lot of potential in his plot but it wasted, until the very end (i.e. his sacrifice).

BATISTABUS
11-07-2013, 03:38 AM
Even though Desmond's dead in this game, he is VERY present if you do some hacking. Definitely check that stuff out.

SleezeRocker
11-07-2013, 03:52 AM
, he is VERY present if you do some hacking. Definitely check that stuff out.

This

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Yeah he has almost as much dialogue as in previous games, just not in the same way. Those audio tapes just keep going on and on and on

Wolfmeister1010
11-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Does anyone else feel like the game isn't the same without Desmond? I've always been a Desmond fan I think he is the constant hero in the series! I loved AC4 and edward but the modern day stuff felt weak and unfulfilling! I would love for a miraculous Desmond return but it's highly unlikely! Anyone else feel the same or care to disagree?

He dead brah

S_L_Callaghan
11-07-2013, 04:04 AM
I can say for one I do miss Desmond as a character. I thought he was well developed - A na´ve kid who wished to escape everything he was taught only to be captured unwillingly by the Templars to be subjected to experiments that could kill him in order to find an object of great power left behind by the first civilisation. However after killing Warren Vidic in Assassins Creed III Desmond Miles Story ran it's course. I felt the same way when you killed Lucy Stillman at the end of brotherhood however the Subject 17 memories are still going to continue for the foreseeable future Edward Kenway being the most recent and I for one after completing AC IV with 100% completion rate would like to see an AC Game that full covers Haytham Kenway's road to betrayal from a Master Assassin to Templar Grandmaster. This is one twist that needs to be fully explored just to break away from the - I am an Assassin, I need to Seek Revenge?, Start A Revolution?, Inspire a Brotherhood?, To be skilled enough to be Greedy? To be a Master Assassin at a Young age, But to be misguided by the creed where Nothing is True and Everything Is Permitted is concerned? strain that is already present throughout AC I II Brotherhood, Revelations, III and IV Black Flag.

Desmond Miles in my eyes will be a character to be missed, but in the long run his sacrifice was for the greater good, But what does Juno actually want? Also a hero is not what Desmond is, The creed demanded his life to be forfeit to prevent the Templars from getting complete world domination as with Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward before him, though they may not have sacrificed their live's they all sacrificed something in order to stop the Templars from gaining victory throughout history.

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Nope, it was never really him that interested me. Jupiter was right when referring to him as "The Cipher", because that's all he really was. But I appreciate him for that, and the story of TWCB being told through him. But Desmond himself?..Meh

TheDanteEX
11-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Desmond is the most interesting he's ever been in AC4. Him actually talking about what's going on and how he feels about everything is something they rarely did with a character we were supposed to be invested in. Desmond plays a better part as a character than he does as a protagonist.

UKassassinsfan
11-07-2013, 05:15 AM
Aye I agree there is a fair bit of Desmond goodies to find! I dunno in my opinion what hooked me in previous games was how the assassins affected the modern Desmond story. I don't really like the path of abstergo industries making movies etc out of any bodies memories it kinda takes away the secrecy I loved in previous titles! I think I'm more gutted because the modern stuff was pretty bad IMO this time round

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Nope I'm personally happy with the way the modern day is going, although it does seem to be an issue with some people.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I'll never miss the unoriginal pizza boy :p

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 11:45 AM
They never should have killed him IMO, they should've made him a better character instead.

Genos99
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=308971175885985&set=a.308969159219520.74760.293878754061894&type=1&theater

say hello to desmond miles . He is joining prince of persia 6 page soon
He is a cheerful guy :) this made u smile i know :P

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
They never should have killed him IMO, they should've made him a better character instead.

And to think I once considered you my loyal fish partner...

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 01:13 PM
And to think I once considered you my loyal fish partner...If he comes back, the fish will be used on all who oppose us, except Batman and Liam Neeson. They could beat the fish.

daftPirate
11-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I do miss Desmond. I wasn't really into his character until AC3. But there have been enough, in his own words, "What the f***?" moments in the series that I wasn't super shocked by his death. I wasn't ready for it, but I wasn't surprised either. I expected a little more out of that plot. I haven't gotten to the end of Black Flag yet, but I'm probably going to be a little disappointed if there aren't some major references to the continuing of that story.

EaglePrince25
11-07-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't know if miss is the right word for me. More like I think they still could've done more with him, his ending was sad, I hope they remember him fondly in-universe, but his story was wrapped up nicely. If there was ever any resurrection type thing, I wouldn't mind playing as him again.

MRNMRSPACER
11-07-2013, 05:10 PM
i really liked Desmond, and i do miss the modern story aspect of the games. I felt like the only reason it existed in this game was to slap AC on the box......all though,Desmond comes up ALOT in the hacking stuff.

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 05:54 PM
AC4 brought a lot to Desmonds character I think, quiet emotional.

SneakierNote
11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
As I have said in other posts Desmond was to hot to die.

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 06:58 PM
What I found funny is...
Desmond and YOU were both called Ciphers by Jupiter AND Juno in AC IV. Could that mean we're really in an animus about this "worker"?

LoyalACFan
11-07-2013, 09:11 PM
AC4 brought a lot to Desmonds character I think, quiet emotional.

Somebody needs to make this a meme; the Ubisoft logo with Scumbag Steve's hat. "Adds first emotional depth to character... a year after killing him off."

luckyto
11-07-2013, 09:16 PM
LoyalACFan .. LOL

To OP, No. Not at all.

SenseHomunculus
11-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I can say for one I do miss Desmond as a character. I thought he was well developed - A na´ve kid who wished to escape everything he was taught only to be captured unwillingly by the Templars to be subjected to experiments that could kill him in order to find an object of great power left behind by the first civilisation. However after killing Warren Vidic in Assassins Creed III Desmond Miles Story ran it's course. I felt the same way when you killed Lucy Stillman at the end of brotherhood however the Subject 17 memories are still going to continue for the foreseeable future Edward Kenway being the most recent and I for one after completing AC IV with 100% completion rate would like to see an AC Game that full covers Haytham Kenway's road to betrayal from a Master Assassin to Templar Grandmaster. This is one twist that needs to be fully explored just to break away from the - I am an Assassin, I need to Seek Revenge?, Start A Revolution?, Inspire a Brotherhood?, To be skilled enough to be Greedy? To be a Master Assassin at a Young age, But to be misguided by the creed where Nothing is True and Everything Is Permitted is concerned? strain that is already present throughout AC I II Brotherhood, Revelations, III and IV Black Flag.

Desmond Miles in my eyes will be a character to be missed, but in the long run his sacrifice was for the greater good, But what does Juno actually want? Also a hero is not what Desmond is, The creed demanded his life to be forfeit to prevent the Templars from getting complete world domination as with Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward before him, though they may not have sacrificed their live's they all sacrificed something in order to stop the Templars from gaining victory throughout history.

Previously on "Assassin's Creed..."

LoyalACFan
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
I would like to see an AC Game that full covers Haytham Kenway's road to betrayal from a Master Assassin to Templar Grandmaster. This is one twist that needs to be fully explored.

He was a Templar from the time he was like 10. He was never an Assassin, let alone a Master Assassin. Edward was murdered, and from that point on Haytham was trained by Templars.

UKassassinsfan
11-08-2013, 12:14 AM
I think it sad however they have confirmed that the modern story is now going to be more context and have no deep story, I will miss that mystery and I kinda liked the confusion of not knowing what's going on. Right now I can't see what the assassins are working towards but the Templar goals seem somewhat clearer