PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag help. My main mission has disappeard

jmbriix
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi!

I started a main misson then i saild away with jackdaw, and when i look at the map the mission is gone. There is no other main mission on the map either...

Kind regards

vernon1
11-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi!

I started a main misson then i saild away with jackdaw, and when i look at the map the mission is gone. There is no other main mission on the map either...

Kind regards

Exact same thing happened to me. It was Sequence 4, Memory 2: Nothing is True. Aborted mission, sailed away, and the mission disappeared. I also read on the gamefaqs forums that the same thing happened to some other people.

BMoattari
11-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Exact same thing happened to me. It was Sequence 4, Memory 2: Nothing is True. Aborted mission, sailed away, and the mission disappeared. I also read on the gamefaqs forums that the same thing happened to some other people.

Hey guys,

Have either of you tried restarting the current memory from the pause menu? You could also try exiting, then re-entering the Animus from the pause menu. Maybe that would put it back in order.

Good luck!

vernon1
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

Have either of you tried restarting the current memory from the pause menu? You could also try exiting, then re-entering the Animus from the pause menu. Maybe that would put it back in order.

Good luck!

I did. I restarted the first memory sequence, which is just following James Kidd around before he takes off on his ship and says to meet him for the next mission. Upon completion of that, there was still nothing. I then exited the animus, hacked a couple computers, then went back into the animus, and still nothing... :( Thank you fpr your response amd suggestions, unfortunately I tried those and they didn't work. Any other recommendations??

BMoattari
11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Have you tried exiting the current memory? There are three different options: Restart Memory, Reload Last Checkpoint, or Exit Animus. Be sure that you tried all of them, or that they show up at all.

By that point, if it still doesn't work, I think you should file a report to Ubisoft on their Help Forum, depending on your system. Sorry about that.

vernon1
11-13-2013, 04:47 AM
I finally figured out a way to continue this memory sequence!! While the mission icon still never showed back up on the map or mini-map, nor is there an icon for the location that this mission takes place in, if you travel to the area where it's supposed to be, which is called Tulum, you will be prompted to "Travel to this destination?", and if you select "yes", the mission is continued. Like I said, there is no icon on the maps, you just have to remember the area that the mission was in and travel to it. The coordinates are around 82,409. HOORAY!! I don't have to start over! I hope this helps anyone else who had this same problem!

ChainLightnin1
12-03-2013, 06:22 AM
I finally figured out a way to continue this memory sequence!! While the mission icon still never showed back up on the map or mini-map, nor is there an icon for the location that this mission takes place in, if you travel to the area where it's supposed to be, which is called Tulum, you will be prompted to "Travel to this destination?", and if you select "yes", the mission is continued. Like I said, there is no icon on the maps, you just have to remember the area that the mission was in and travel to it. The coordinates are around 82,409. HOORAY!! I don't have to start over! I hope this helps anyone else who had this same problem!

Thanks Vernon, mine did exactly the same thing on Xbox360. None of the other stuff worked at all, Ubisoft glitch. Got tired of hiding in the bushes at 4-2 so I went fighting ships and the main mission disappeared. Tulum is the place. Good job Vernon.

bennyaasnes
01-06-2014, 12:03 AM

Same thing here. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the name and the coordinates !

Kytr
01-07-2014, 09:54 PM
One problem with the world map is that it will often need to display several icons in the same location. The one on top is not necessarily the one that you need to see. Try cycling through the map filters (using L1 and R1 on PS4). Sometimes that will make the field you need show up. Zooming in will also help, but then you need longer to search the map.

oceanic71
01-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Had to restart the game twice now to correct this. Happened on PS3 and PS4 game. Restarting seems to work.

valhallatwo
01-12-2014, 11:26 PM

Thank you Vernon1!!!! Unable to restart this mission for days. Awesome. Thank you!!!

Calrid
01-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Speaking of updates and I know this is way off topic but have they fixed the pubs don't appear on the radar thing yet. Not that I am an alcoholic or anything, but rum is nice. :)

You can always reset any mission from the pause menu usually, if you can't it's either a bug or you need to pay attention to the prose, and you need to report it if it's a bug, just to add to what people have already said.

tez1954
05-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Three weeks I've sailed around and sunk ships wondering when I can get the rest of the story missions. Thank you

Ureh
05-12-2014, 06:41 PM
@tez1954 Have you checked the pause menu if you're currently on a story mission? Some of the story missions actually let you wander far away without desyncing. Also try checking the map if there might be any hidden map markers (try using the icon filter at the top-left of the map screen). If you're not currently on a mission then check your progress tracker and an online guide to see where the next mission should take place. Then visit that location. Maybe it'll work?

W32E31
03-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Thank you Vernon1!!!! Unable to restart this mission for days. Awesome. Thank you!!!

Thanks. I was able to restart sequence 04, nothing is true. Kudos for the info, diarrhea for the programmer.
Not sure why, when one chooses the easy set up, we're stuck in this silly sequence. I don't need to prove anything. I'm just interested in mindless entertainment, with a modicum of challenge. There should be an override to get on with the game!

OldGrowler64
03-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Finally got around to playing Black Flag, and only see this one post concerning Tulum. Good to know I'll lose the mission thread if I leave, but I'd prefer to finish the mission and move on. I'm stuck in what I think is the 4th area, and can't seem to sneak by. Smoke bombs reveal me (I tried), and knocking out 1 of 5 assassins in the spot would also reveal me, so I'm looking for a suggestion as to how to beat this spot.

Kytr
03-27-2015, 05:50 PM
If that is the point that I think it is, just bypass them on the right using cover. You don't need to take them down and they stay too close and cover each other when you don't have sleep darts to shoot them from cover.

guest-pH0d7RKn
02-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Please advise in the game Assasin Cred IV Black Flag in the mission Errant traders in Kingston, I can not hunt down slavers when he jumped on him, so he threw him and continue to operate. I do not know him.