PDA

View Full Version : Juno [Spoilers]

RinoTheBouncer
11-06-2013, 11:19 AM
So what really happened? she’s a “rogue A.I.” as the devs said prior to the game release. She appeared as a hologram and wants her “children” (obviously us, the human race) to help her. So where is she now? I wonder if her story will continue or she’ll just be a minor thing with her world domination plot being thrown below the table and never brought up again.. that would be most unfortunate..

Aita was used in an experiment, according to AC3 and he ended up being crazy/catatonic and then Juno euthanized him. Now he’s back in the body of someone in ACIV and the same body/looks brought up again in Modern Day. How is that possible? Maybe at first, his consciousness was transferred to a system and then he moved to the guy from the past but how the hell does he looks the same both in Edwards Era and the present? did he die in the end? I doubt it since he was euthanized in the First Civ era and still came back by unknown means.

Discuss...

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Juno's meddling did it.

RinoTheBouncer
11-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Juno's meddling did it.
Trolling isn’t appreciated here.

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Trolling isn’t appreciated here.Well considering that's actually how it happened....

killzab
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Trolling isn’t appreciated here.

Well, he isn't trolling, that's what is said in the game.

Flutterwhat
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
I haven't completed ac4 yet and your comments were vauge enough for me to brush off, but i couldn't resist poping into this thread.
What's going on with juno? only she could know. She has played humanity like a game that is to be won, and despite the unforeseen interruption by Minerva, she has inde claimed the prize she sought so many years ago.

Oh, her story will continue. It has too. I doubt she's done with all her plans yet. . .

Mainly Speculation: Ever since last year, Juno has been roaming about computer networks and electronic systems. She was able to "reverse engineer" the animus software that Rebecca brought into the the temple very well, (as she had been figuring out how to send emails, she was figuring out modern computers and sending data though the internet.) and can actually reside inside similar systems and adapt more easily. She obviously has taken a liking to the Animus Game Consoles (as evidenced by a flash of her face during the AC4 Mutiplayer Intro video) and from what I've heard sequence ten holds quite a good surprise for me.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she made some cameos in watch_dogs...or is even related to the storyline, launching watch dogs into the much-wanted modern day AC line. (I would love that personally, both games in the same universe with one for modern fans and one for classic AC fans.)

pacmanate
11-06-2013, 01:00 PM
I have to say I was disappointed in the ending. The ending basically gave closure to Edward, but not to the modern day segment. It just carries on with no ending, something I didn't really like. All we know is the Templars know where the Observatory is and all we know is Juno is a rogue AI, still, something we knew anyway.

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Does no one actually listen and read anything anymore in games? I mean, it's totally explained to you in the bottled letters, Black Pirate and the guy in Modern Day.

RinoTheBouncer
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I have to say I was disappointed in the ending. The ending basically gave closure to Edward, but not to the modern day segment. It just carries on with no ending, something I didn't really like. All we know is the Templars know where the Observatory is and all we know is Juno is a rogue AI, still, something we knew anyway.

My thoughts exactly.

Does no one actually listen and read anything anymore in games? I mean, it's totally explained to you in the bottled letters, Black Pirate and the guy in Modern Day.

Actually it’s the developers’ fault because when a major plot point is only discussed in optional quests, that’s a major let down. Imagine the ending of the game doesn’t really appear unless you destroy all Legendary Ships and Forts... or get the Platinum Trophy.

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2013, 01:43 PM
So even though you met the Black Pirate and the guy from modern day... You still have no clue as to how Aita was resurrected? Juno took his DNA, encoded it secretly in humans, when all the pieces came together, Aita's memories were reborn anew. The individual had two lives, their current life as well as the life of Aita.

MIA SILENT
11-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I haven't completed ac4 yet and your comments were vauge enough for me to brush off, but i couldn't resist poping into this thread.
What's going on with juno? only she could know. She has played humanity like a game that is to be won, and despite the unforeseen interruption by Minerva, she has inde claimed the prize she sought so many years ago.

Oh, her story will continue. It has too. I doubt she's done with all her plans yet. . .

Mainly Speculation: Ever since last year, Juno has been roaming about computer networks and electronic systems. She was able to "reverse engineer" the animus software that Rebecca brought into the the temple very well, (as she had been figuring out how to send emails, she was figuring out modern computers and sending data though the internet.) and can actually reside inside similar systems and adapt more easily. She obviously has taken a liking to the Animus Game Consoles (as evidenced by a flash of her face during the AC4 Mutiplayer Intro video) and from what I've heard sequence ten holds quite a good surprise for me.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she made some cameos in watch_dogs...or is even related to the storyline, launching watch dogs into the much-wanted modern day AC line. (I would love that personally, both games in the same universe with one for modern fans and one for classic AC fans.)

You're pretty much wrong about everything, lol. The game's out, why you still making speculation?

MIA SILENT
11-06-2013, 01:49 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Actually it’s the developers’ fault because when a major plot point is only discussed in optional quests, that’s a major let down. Imagine the ending of the game doesn’t really appear unless you destroy all Legendary Ships and Forts... or get the Platinum Trophy.

Ubisoft don't want people thinking of the Modern day as a major plot. Sad, but true.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Ubisoft don't want people thinking of the Modern day as a major plot. Sad, but true.

This is the most frustrating statement ever. :mad:

Also, quick question regarding the ending that I'm not sure was addressed or not:
What exactly does John inject you with?

dxsxhxcx
11-06-2013, 06:53 PM

get used to it because IMO this is all we'll get from the modern days from now on while we don't have a proper modern day protagonist..

ArabianFrost
11-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Also, quick question regarding the ending that I'm not sure was addressed or not:
What exactly does John inject you with?

Something to live through you again?

MIA SILENT
11-06-2013, 07:06 PM

"we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution." - Darby McDevitt

Basically says outright that present day will move away from plot driven narrative. But to me that wasn't the problem from previous games. The problem there was character driven narrative. For a lot of people, Desmond didn't contribute enough to the plot. So while I agree with their decision to not have a main protagonist per-say, I don't like that they're making the present day less plot driven.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
"we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution." - Darby McDevitt

Basically says outright that present day will move away from plot driven narrative. But to me that wasn't the problem from previous games. The problem there was character driven narrative. For a lot of people, Desmond didn't contribute enough to the plot. So while I agree with their decision to not have a main protagonist per-say, I don't like that they're making the present day less plot driven.

It seems idiotic to "punish" us by lack of modern day plot just because they couldn't find good enough resolutions for them. I'm honestly kind of surprised at this statement just because AC Initiates take a really close look at the modern-day Templar-Assassin movements. Because of this, I was expecting more modern-day plot. But I guess their intention was for Initiates to satiate our want for modern-day.

pacmanate
11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
get used to it because IMO this is all we'll get from the modern days from now on while we don't have a proper modern day protagonist..

Yeah I know what you mean. I also thought Rebecca and Shaun would do something cool but nope. Even after hacking all the computers, nothing, not even a little convo from shaun and rebecca. The modern day HACKING was interesting, however the parts revolving around Rebecca/Shaun/Abstergo lacked so much.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. I also thought Rebecca and Shaun would do something cool but nope. Even after hacking all the computers, nothing, not even a little convo from shaun and rebecca. The modern day HACKING was interesting, however the parts revolving around Rebecca/Shaun/Abstergo lacked so much.

I think that to make the modern day parts (assuming they continue on with AC4's style) as strong as possible, they need to have some sort of continuation from hacking one computer to the next, or at least with some of them. Discovery of some hidden Abstergo secrets that chain together into you finding out something rather large about the company or about what's going on in the world under the surface, rather than just random tidbits of information with a minor storyline.

dxsxhxcx
11-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I think that to make the modern day parts (assuming they continue on with AC4's style) as strong as possible, they need to have some sort of continuation from hacking one computer to the next, or at least with some of them. Discovery of some hidden Abstergo secrets that chain together into you finding out something rather large about the company or about what's going on in the world under the surface, rather than just random tidbits of information with a minor storyline.

what's the point in it if the "protagonist" won't be part of these events?

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 09:44 PM
what's the point in it if the "protagonist" won't be part of these events?

My protagonist felt pretty involved throughout the story so I don't know what you're going on about. He was actually active as oppose to reactive the whole time like Desmond was, up until AC3. Besides that, the context of Abstergo Entertainment actually gives plausible reason for re-entry to the Animus for every sequel, and they don't have to make some ****-and-bull story every time they want to go back into a historical setting. Oh we need you to train through the bleeding effect, oh we need to find the KEY, oh he's in a coma and can somehow still access the Animoose!!111!!!

Besides that, let's make a little comparison. Suppose for arguments sake that Juno (the likely current "big bad") becomes powerful again and the modern day protagonist has to stop her. How would the first-person AC4 protagonist do it? I've got no idea mate. How would a third person protagonist do it? Still no idea- because he sure as hell isn't going to be swinging a damn sword at her like some people seem to believe.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 11:18 PM
How would the first-person AC4 protagonist do it? I've got no idea mate. How would a third person protagonist do it? Still no idea- because he sure as hell isn't going to be swinging a damn sword at her like some people seem to believe.

Not necessarily that, but I'm sure it involves retrieving some other type of First Civ technology. Like Minerva said, she did look into the Nexus one last time to see Juno's master plan. Perhaps counting on Desmond to not touch the pedestal wasn't Minerva's only weapon against Juno.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Not necessarily that, but I'm sure it involves retrieving some other type of First Civ technology. Like Minerva said, she did look into the Nexus one last time to see Juno's master plan. Perhaps counting on Desmond to not touch the pedestal wasn't Minerva's only weapon against Juno.

I don't disagree, but until we see how Ubisoft handles it we can't outlandishly declare that it would have been handled better in third person as opposed to first. If they do drop the ball big time then I can see people having a valid complaint saying that they shouldn't have gotten rid of the more personal modern story.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't disagree, but until we see how Ubisoft handles it we can't outlandishly declare that it would have been handled better in third person as opposed to first. If they do drop the ball big time then I can see people having a valid complaint saying that they shouldn't have gotten rid of the more personal modern story.

I don't think it's outlandish for people to say that they don't like the handling of the first-person narrative. It actually feels less personal since you do not have a personality.

I think in this game, it could have been handled either first-person or third-person, but the former involved less work (which I guess is understandable given the time table, work to put into it, wanting to try new things out, or whatever reasons they chose). Like you said, let's just hope they don't drop the ball with wherever they're going now.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't think it's outlandish for people to say that they don't like the handling of the first-person narrative. It actually feels less personal since you do not have a personality.

I think in this game, it could have been handled either first-person or third-person, but the former involved less work (which I guess is understandable given the time table, work to put into it, wanting to try new things out, or whatever reasons they chose). Like you said, let's just hope they don't drop the ball with wherever they're going now.

You misunderstood one point, I agreed that the modern day story in AC4 was less personal. I think that works better because people don't have unrealistic expectations and they don't back themselves into corners (read: Desmond infiltrating Abstergo with a tiny knife). I think the modern day being a context where we have the option to find more information about the world out works perfectly, and was to me much more satisfying than it just being a lame reason to keep hopping into the Animus.

EDIT: AC4's modern character being third person wouldn't have added anything beneficial to the game.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 11:40 PM
You misunderstood one point, I agreed that the modern day story in AC4 was less personal. I think that works better because people don't have unrealistic expectations and they don't back themselves into corners (read: Desmond infiltrating Abstergo with a tiny knife). I think the modern day being a context where we have the option to find more information about the world out works perfectly, and was to me much more satisfying than it just being a lame reason to keep hopping into the Animus.

EDIT: AC4's modern character being third person wouldn't have added anything beneficial to the game.

I'm sorry, I misread your comment then. I thought you were saying it was more personal just because it was us. :o

That appears to be what I got out of the Reddit chat when they talked about making modern more about context and less about plot. It's just annoying that they're making it less plot-driven because their ideas weren't satisfying enough.

No, it wouldn't have added anything, but wouldn't have taken away either. And if anything else, it sets us up for another modern-day protagonist to play in future games.

By the way, did they mention they're keeping the modern-day first-person? If I remember correctly, they didn't say much about games to come.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry, I misread your comment then. I thought you were saying it was more personal just because it was us. :o

That appears to be what I got out of the Reddit chat when they talked about making modern more about context and less about plot. It's just annoying that they're making it less plot-driven because their ideas weren't satisfying enough.

No, it wouldn't have added anything, but wouldn't have taken away either. And if anything else, it sets us up for another modern-day protagonist to play in future games.

By the way, did they mention they're keeping the modern-day first-person? If I remember correctly, they didn't say much about games to come.

I think it wasn't specifically mentioned but it was kind of implied they'd be going the same route as AC4, could be wrong though. Personally I enjoyed what they did with Desmond in terms of their ideas for it, but their execution fell short. I'm also content with AC4's style because to me it was an interesting way to keep a thread between all the games while at the same time maintaining a consistent although not in your face plotline (that being Juno and the First Civ).

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 12:00 AM
I think it wasn't specifically mentioned but it was kind of implied they'd be going the same route as AC4, could be wrong though. Personally I enjoyed what they did with Desmond in terms of their ideas for it, but their execution fell short. I'm also content with AC4's style because to me it was an interesting way to keep a thread between all the games while at the same time maintaining a consistent although not in your face plotline (that being Juno and the First Civ).

That's what I was afraid of. :nonchalance:

Oh well, I suppose better first-person than disappointing third-person. I did enjoy modern day for the most part. Just not so satisfied with the ending so much.