PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on In-game collectibles

HiddenKiller612
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
When I think of collectibles, I think of tedious go here, here, and here type stuff. Things that add nothing to the game other than a 100% stat... I generally don't like them, I rank them up there with mp trophies/achievements... but that's a different story altogether.

I've noticed that Black Flag has collectibles that add something to the game, shanties for sailing, chests for money/schematics... These are the types of collectibles I like... They give you an incentive to go out after them... They have a purpose... I would like if further collectibles in the AC franchise do the same... Hell, bring feathers back... and have them tie into assassination contracts... Have them be like the peg legs in AC3... Collect enough of them and you unlock an assassination contract... I'm not saying remove the other contracts... No these contracts would be special, they would be difficult to complete... You'd have to be able to think on your feet in order to complete them. At the end of each assassination mission though, you gain something... Like a unique weapon, and/or armor piece. Or even make collectibles that are like weapon pieces... that when collected you can forge a great assassin weapon from them... Say, an ivory blow pipe... or something along those lines...

Just something I thought I'd touch upon... Feel free to chime in other ideas.