PDA

View Full Version : So, who else is pumped for Freedom Cry? *SPOILERS*

RzaRecta357
11-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I seriously can't wait. Adewale was awesome in the game even though I wish he had some bigger parts in the story. The trailer is cool and he looks awesome in Assassin fear with a big blade and a rifle.

Has there been any more info on it? Length? I wonder if we'll get to free roam and stuff much.

Edit: So I found something that says 9 missions. That doesn't sound very long! Also, ship wrecked without his crew or weapons. He better have that badass blade and rifle haha.

Hmm, was hoping for like a game charger DLC like AC3 had. Maybe with some side quests and stuff too.

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll but it, probably day 1 but I'm not really keen for it.

luckyto
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh. I'm stoked. It'll be best DLC yet.

guardian_titan
11-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Bit of a rant below, but can't say I'm too keen for it myself. I'll likely get it due to getting the season pass, but not sure I'd play it more than once. The guy just didn't impress me that much. Unless the DLC really advances the story (Edward's and Juno's), I'll probably just ignore it. ToKW was something fun but still followed Connor. Freedom Cry I'm very iffy on with the character change and not really knowing how it will connect back to AC4 outside of the central character and probably setting.
But given the story is 15 years after AC4 ends which is 1722 thus putting Adewalé's DLC in 1737 and Edward being dead by then, not holding my breath on it advancing Edward's story any. Doubt it even touches Haytham. I only saw the main story so unless Adewalé got something more via side quests I didn't see, I found him rather uneventful so I'm rather disappointed he's getting DLC rather than Edward.
I'll ultimately hold my judgement for when the DLC comes out. Maybe I'll be more impressed then, but after the insight Connor's likely not getting a sequel, I'm not too thrilled with new assassins that will just get left wanting after their brief story.

Personally, I view stories much like writing a paper. My teachers made it a point to only end with a summary of what you stated in the paper. More precisely, restate the introduction sentence in a different way. Don't add anything more. Desmond is the starting and ending point and likely will be until the franchise moves to another subject/sample. Apparently Ubisoft is moving on to other assassins so I really believe this even more. It's one thing with cliff hangers. That thread will be picked up later. The Kenways apparently aren't getting that. We know Connor went on to have a child at some point. He had to to be an ancestor of Desmond. Yet that thread is left hanging. If this were a paper, my high school English teacher would've really nailed the writers for an improper conclusion. Ubisoft set the bar too high with Ezio and now every assassin after him will feel half done.
AC4's ending suggested we perhaps could've gotten something between 1722 and the Opera scene but yet we don't. Instead, they go throw in Adewalé which, to me, came out of left field. Yeah, he was in the story, but there's a rather large span of time between 1722 and 1735 that would've been better served as DLC for Edward even if it wasn't viewed via the Animus.

Honestly, Adewalé's better served with his own game like Aveline and not downgraded to a DLC character if they really wanted him to get any screen time post AC4.

Maybe I'm getting jaded and taking it out on a character who is likely interesting and has a potential future, but meh. If this is the future of the franchise, can't say I'm too happy with it. Get half done assassins followed by a tenth of a done one in a DLC with no hope of followup for them isn't too appealing.

SleezeRocker
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
don't know much on it but I hope it's more fun than Tyranny of Washington

hoju74
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Since I like AC4 a lot more than I did AC3, I plan on getting it. I enjoyed AC3, but it didn't impress me enough to fork out more money for DLC.

Was the Tyranny of King Washington stuff any good ? I remember reading it was quite short.