PDA

View Full Version : Help with He-111 Zwilling and Me-321 glider

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:55 AM
I am trying to set up the He-111 Zwilling and Me-321 glider in a mission. I have done this before, but I always seem to have one problem or another. Here is my problem this time.

I place the He-111 at the end of the runway and set the first waypoint as takeoff. The next waypoint is approximately one runway distance away, straight out from the runway and the altitude is 200-250m. Speed is 220-300km/hr. I have set the He-111's entire path including setting the target for the glider and the landing for the He-111.

I then set the glider's only waypoint slightly behind the He-111 and I set the glider's "target" as the He-111. I have tried both normfly and takeoff for the glider. Takeoff doesn't work at all as the He-111 takes off and leaves the glider sitting on the ground.

When I use normfly for the glider, I set speed and altitude at zero as the glider sits on the ground behind the He-111. I start the scenario, they takeoff with the glider being towed into the air and the JATO/rocket pods firing. By the time they reach the far end of the runway the glider has disconnected and comes in for a landing. Huh?

Are there specific methods/waypoints I need to use?

Zeus-cat

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 01:55 AM
I am trying to set up the He-111 Zwilling and Me-321 glider in a mission. I have done this before, but I always seem to have one problem or another. Here is my problem this time.

I place the He-111 at the end of the runway and set the first waypoint as takeoff. The next waypoint is approximately one runway distance away, straight out from the runway and the altitude is 200-250m. Speed is 220-300km/hr. I have set the He-111's entire path including setting the target for the glider and the landing for the He-111.

I then set the glider's only waypoint slightly behind the He-111 and I set the glider's "target" as the He-111. I have tried both normfly and takeoff for the glider. Takeoff doesn't work at all as the He-111 takes off and leaves the glider sitting on the ground.

When I use normfly for the glider, I set speed and altitude at zero as the glider sits on the ground behind the He-111. I start the scenario, they takeoff with the glider being towed into the air and the JATO/rocket pods firing. By the time they reach the far end of the runway the glider has disconnected and comes in for a landing. Huh?

Are there specific methods/waypoints I need to use?

Zeus-cat

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Hey Zues-cat. Aren't you supposed to set as the target for the 321, the He111 at that first waypoint? That's all I can think of.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hope it works.

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/nightschpanker/hurricat.jpg