PDA

View Full Version : Social Chests

AaronVII
11-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Hey, can someone explain the concept of finding/sharing social chests to me?
I've looked online and they're no threads explaining this concept.

1) How do you find a social chest? Will the game notify you when you enter a map with the chest in it?
2) How does receiving social chests work? Will the game notify you that a friend has found one, and give you coordinates?

Thanks.

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2013, 03:10 AM
I just walked along and found some. Like 3 or so. I also found whales, sharks and convoys that it shared.

SleezeRocker
11-06-2013, 03:14 AM
By experience, you'd have to be online (PSN,XBL) and then eventually through your gameplay you'll find a Blue Chest (or animal, Ship) and then once you take it, that location then is 'Shared' to your online friends into their map. for example, I found a white whale randomly like in the south east of the map and one of my friends saw it on their end as well. It's just a random circumstance I guess.

I know you get a trophy when you find an online Chest, Animal and SHip (1 of each)

Zellzin
11-06-2013, 05:04 AM
A message will pop up once one of your friends finds a social event. The same message that pops up when you find one except it'll say the friends name. The location will be updated onto your map as well.

Flutterwhat
11-06-2013, 10:38 AM
it's weird though i found this social royal convoy and...it never showed up?! like, the convoy was just not there. it was strange.

zkorejo
11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I would also like to know 2 things:

So for Social chests and other shares to show up, do I have to add people to Uplay account or PSN (or both?).

Also, am I right in thinking that Uplay friends and shares are cross-platform and not limited to PS players only or XBox players only?

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2013, 03:16 PM
it's weird though i found this social royal convoy and...it never showed up?! like, the convoy was just not there. it was strange.

I've had that a few times. I think what's happened is that if the social convoy is British (for example) they come across a Spanish convoy and get destroyed. I've found a lot of floating loot and sailors at a couple of the icon spots.

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I would also like to know 2 things:

So for Social chests and other shares to show up, do I have to add people to Uplay account or PSN (or both?).

Also, am I right in thinking that Uplay friends and shares are cross-platform and not limited to PS players only or XBox players only?

On the first question, no because before I had any friends (sounds so sad!!) I had lots of social items showing up.

On the second question, I'm pretty sure Uplay is x-platform. I see friends with both consoles.

bobthunder85
01-25-2014, 07:05 PM
how do you add friends