PDA

View Full Version : BlowPipe - Is Edward Some Troubadour or an Assassin?

Landruner
11-06-2013, 02:39 AM
I love the blowpipe!:o - I think it is a cool addition as an assassin weapon, and I really enjoy it (I know that it was already introduced by Liberation for Aveline on PS/Vita) - I think that the blowpipe perfectly fits for Edward personality, However; I have some issues with the location of the blowpipe on the his back without the possibility of changing its location on the body, or still switching it with another weapon on its back or having something else like an additional weapon besides the pipe on its back...
After talking with some other player and else outside that forum - everybody came with the same conclusion - The blowpipe is cool, but its location on the back of Edward gives the feeling that our favorite new Assassin is going to play some flute for old ladies instead of doing his job.

I know some of you will not mind this anyway, it is just a question of esthetic, taste and it does not affect the gameplay anyhow.

So, questions:

#1 - Do you think it will be better if the Blowpipe could be located on the side of Edward?
#2 - Do you think it will be better that player can Switch the blow pipe for another Assassin weapon?
#3 - I like my Assassin looking like the Pied Piper from The Rats of Hamelin?

LoyalACFan
11-06-2013, 03:40 AM
It's fine where it is.

TheDanteEX
11-06-2013, 03:57 AM
So what if Eddie was to play some flute for old ladies? Who are we to judge? To criticize a man for simply doing what he pleases? Is that not what the pirates supported? Freedom? Liberty? Perhaps the location of his blowpipe is a symbol of this lifestyle he lives. To show the people that you can do what your heart desires. To share the knowledge that everything is permitted. To no longer live under the crown and take the helm. The helm called life.

Also, I think it looks fine, personally.

Dachande_
11-06-2013, 04:05 AM
I like the blowpipe where it is. However,id love if they gave us the option to sling other weapons on our backs..such as rifles...yes please. Or the Bow..i preferred that to the blowpipe personally,its not like Connor invented the Bow and Arrow lol

Also,this is kind of OT..but man,hows about two handed weapons and daggers? Why they where phased out ill never understand. Especially daggers...i know Pirates and naval combat of that era was all swords and swashbuckling..but cmon,daggers never go out of fashion..especially when it comes to rogueish pirates lol. As for two handers..yeah,you can pick up the big axes from Brutes..but you cant throw them at enemies like in Revelations..which,lets be honest,was awesome lol.

So yeah,given the choice..blowpipe stays where it is. Otherwise,bring back daggers,two handed weapons and give us the ability to back sheath other weapons besides the blowpipe^^

Landruner
11-06-2013, 04:14 AM
I like the blowpipe where it is. However,id love if they gave us the option to sling other weapons on our backs..such as rifles...yes please. Or the Bow..i preferred that to the blowpipe personally,its not like Connor invented the Bow and Arrow lol

Also,this is kind of OT..but man,hows about two handed weapons and daggers? Why they where phased out ill never understand. Especially daggers...i know Pirates and naval combat of that era was all swords and swashbuckling..but cmon,daggers never go out of fashion..especially when it comes to rogueish pirates lol. As for two handers..yeah,you can pick up the big axes from Brutes..but you cant throw them at enemies like in Revelations..which,lets be honest,was awesome lol.

So yeah,given the choice..blowpipe stays where it is. Otherwise,bring back daggers,two handed weapons and give us the ability to back sheath other weapons besides the blowpipe^^

Agreed with you - it would be cool that they bring other weapons that we could put on the back as well....thank you for your point

Landruner
11-06-2013, 04:18 AM
So what if Eddie was to play some flute for old ladies? Who are we to judge? To criticize a man for simply doing what he pleases? Is that not what the pirates supported? Freedom? Liberty? Perhaps the location of his blowpipe is a symbol of this lifestyle he lives. To show the people that you can do what your heart desires. To share the knowledge that everything is permitted. To no longer live under the crown and take the helm. The helm called life.

Also, I think it looks fine, personally.

Are you referring "Eddy" for Edward the Assassin or Eduard khil? LOL!;)

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Don't need another long range insta-kill weapon, that's the beauty of the blowpipe- it didn't kill your enemies. The bow in AC3 and crossbow previous were insta-win weapons.

Kagurra
11-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Don't need another long range insta-kill weapon, that's the beauty of the blowpipe- it didn't kill your enemies. The bow in AC3 and crossbow previous were insta-win weapons.

The bow in AC3 kinda sucked...

Crossbow in Ezio games were insta-win but I never used/bought them because of how ugly they were on his back.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-06-2013, 06:07 AM
Yeah, the crossbows are what have kept me from 100% each of those games. Conner's bow it fit very well I thought. I don't care too much for the blow pipe, I wish we didn't have to get it if we didn't want it like the crossbow.

LoyalACFan
11-06-2013, 06:07 AM
The bow in AC3 kinda sucked...

This

It wasn't an insta-win, sure it killed the enemy but half the time it also alerted every effing guard in the city

Blowpipe is my friend

Landruner
11-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah, the crossbows are what have kept me from 100% each of those games. Conner's bow it fit very well I thought. I don't care too much for the blow pipe, I wish we didn't have to get it if we didn't want it like the crossbow.

The blowpipe is cool and I like the strategy the players can do in using the darts. It is just its location on the back of Edward that annoys me. I believe having it on its side will have make more sense than its back...

The Bow of Connor was sucking in AC3 because the targeting system in AC3 was lame.

The crossbow of Ezio was cool and it could have been adapted with the AC4 targeting system and/or improved into a pistol/crossbow for using with the darts (Sleep/Berserk)

My point is that either way players can switch between the blowpipe and/or "pistol/crossbow" from the inventory in the Jackdaw if they want to use it for the same use of the darts. and vise and versa.

Megas_Doux
11-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I like the Blowpipe!

I also like the Bow, it looks really cool on Connor, the problem is the stupid AI in AC3, in which is very hard to have an stealth kill.

BATISTABUS
11-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I love the blowpipe.

Although, I wish Berserk dart worked like poison in the Ezio games. I miss that dance, and it seems weird that there could be a chemical that would cause someone to attack only his enemies.

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I love the blowpipe.

Although, I wish Berserk dart worked like poison in the Ezio games. I miss that dance, and it seems weird that there could be a chemical that would cause someone to attack only his enemies.

Games be games my friend. Although it is pretty silly looking, yes.

BATISTABUS
11-06-2013, 05:40 PM
Games be games my friend. Although it is pretty silly looking, yes.
I know it's a game, but the dance would've served the same purpose, but just seemed more realistic. It could still cause friendlies damage and draw attention towards a certain spot. At the very least, they could've made the animations a bit more "drunk" looking.

TheDanteEX
11-06-2013, 05:54 PM
The bow could kill three enemies with one arrow if they were lined up. Which is odd when an enemy takes more than one shot when the arrow apparently passed through him.

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I know it's a game, but the dance would've served the same purpose, but just seemed more realistic. It could still cause friendlies damage and draw attention towards a certain spot. At the very least, they could've made the animations a bit more "drunk" looking.

Yeah I know, hit a gunner with a dart and he starts just lining up perfect shots and prancing gracefully down from his post.

MIA SILENT
11-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I love the blowpipe.

They attack you too, not only other enemies.

Mr_Shade
11-06-2013, 07:47 PM
indeed they do ;)

mrgrimezHD
11-06-2013, 08:24 PM

This makes so much sense. I agree.

The Night Stalker in AC BF Multiplayer has a "Pike" and the Agile Guards in SP have short throwing knifes so why isn't there an option to buy either on SP?

Landruner
11-07-2013, 05:27 AM
I like the Blowpipe!

I also like the Bow, it looks really cool on Connor, the problem is the stupid AI in AC3, in which is very hard to have an stealth kill.

I believe it was more of the targeting system while using the bow that was not really adequate. But I see what you mean it was hard to be snaky on guards on AC3 even shooting the guards from distance while trying to hide, the guards were able to see even behind a wall and spot you. The bow will have been cool in AC4 with the knew targeting system and AI from the guards....but was a bow really a weapon for a pirate even if it is an Assassin Pirate?

Megas_Doux
11-07-2013, 05:36 AM
I believe it was more of the targeting system while using the bow that was not really adequate. But I see what you mean it was hard to be snaky on guards on AC3 even shooting the guards from distance while trying to hide, the guards were able to see even behind a wall and spot you. The bow will have been cool in AC4 with the knew targeting system and AI from the guards....but was a bow really a weapon for a pirate even if it is an Assassin Pirate?

I like that each assassin has had their own arsenal! It would have looked out of place on Edward.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Maybe one of the "switch to another assassin weapon" options could be a sling of throwing knives. And then the obvious rifle. But mainly a BA sling of throwing knives.

But as it is now, I have no problems with the blowpipe.

BATISTABUS
11-07-2013, 06:01 AM
I guess I'm just lucky I guess. Still too coordinated :p

Landruner
11-07-2013, 06:20 AM
I like that each assassin has had their own arsenal! It would have looked out of place on Edward.

The bow I agree, but the crossbow could have been turned into a pistol - crossbow which could have been nice as well.