PDA

View Full Version : Darby just annouced : Connor sequel "not very likely"

killzab
11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
So there it is, they've pretty much confirmed it now, we WON'T get a Connor sequel.

There's a discussion going on on Reddit at the moment, with Ashraf, Darby etc ...

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Damn. They ended his story just when I was starting to like him :nonchalance:

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, there's still a 0.000000000000000000001% chance, right? RIGHT!?
He didn't say never... :|

DinoSteve1
11-05-2013, 10:05 PM
best news so far this week tbf.

lothario-da-be
11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Link? you know i hate you right? This is the worst news i have heard in weeks!
My FB page will forever support Connor!

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/?sort=top

:(

Sushiglutton
11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Expected. Think it was the plan for the beginning to have a new Kenway in every game to make a family saga. Btw, could someone kindhearted who has played AC4 please check if the AMA is filled with spoilers, or if it's safe to have a look :) ?

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Meh. The comments seemed very tongue-in-cheek, hell they even reinforce the idea that we might see more of Connor in the future (not necessarily play as him or see him in a video game, but maybe through other forms).

For starters, Ubisoft doesn't reply to rumors and would never straight out confirm or deny it. They shouldn't have replied to that Connor question, but since they did, you should be sure as hell it was to indicate something.

Secondly, Ubisoft doesn't leave a main character without and ending. They flat out DON'T. Ezio got his. Altaďr got his, Edward got his before we even got our hands on the game. No way in hell Connor will be left on a cliffhanger.

Bottim line:
It's a joke by the devs. They can't disclose that type of info, but they can send subliminal messages.

The comments by Darby and Ubigabe respectively:
"Not very. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off"

"Better to tear the bandaid off straight-away than to pull it slowly, my friends."

lothario-da-be
11-05-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/iama/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/?sort=top

:(
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I haven't seen any spoilers yet but I only had a quick look. But beware! Even though I haven't played it yet, I self-spoiled by watching the ending and various gifs on tumblr. lol So...

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Also, this:

Q. Will we get closure on Connor's story, similar to closing Ezio's story in Embers?

A. DarbyMcDevittAssassin's Creed 4

Not at this time. Embers took 6 months to make... it was a big project, and beloved by all, but those teams are busy with other things right now. But we loved the project, so maybe we'll go that route again one day...

Kagurra
11-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Good.

lothario-da-be
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen any spoilers yet but I only had a quick look. But beware! Even though I haven't played it yet, I self-spoiled by watching the ending and various gifs on tumblr. lol So...
I just spoiled myself with the link. I read past a spoiler tag without thinking... This days gets worse and worse.

TheHumanTowel
11-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Meh. The comments seemed very tongue-in-cheek, hell they even reinforce the idea that we might see more of Connor in the future (not necessarily play as him or see him in a video game, but maybe through other forms).

For starters, Ubisoft doesn't reply to rumors and would never straight out confirm or deny it. They shouldn't have replied to that Connor question, but since they did, you should be sure as hell it was to indicate something.

Secondly, Ubisoft doesn't leave a main character without and ending. They flat out DON'T. Ezio got his. Altaďr got his, Edward got his before we even got our hands on the game. No way in hell Connor will be left on a cliffhanger.

Bottim line:
It's a joke by the devs. They can't disclose that type of info, but they can send subliminal messages.

The comments by Darby and Ubigabe respectively:
"Not very. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off"

"Better to tear the bandaid off straight-away than to pull it slowly, my friends."
Dude....it's over. Shhhhhh it's okay. It's time to let go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegDtyrSUZw

Sushiglutton
11-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanks I'll have a peek (it's on you if I get spoiled :mad:!!!)

jk:p

ArabianFrost
Also, this:

Q. Will we get closure on Connor's story, similar to closing Ezio's story in Embers?

A. DarbyMcDevittAssassin's Creed 4

Not at this time. Embers took 6 months to make... it was a big project, and beloved by all, but those teams are busy with other things right now. But we loved the project, so maybe we'll go that route again one day...

Notice that he only mentioned an embers-style closure.

We still have closure through novel or video game, be it as a secondary or a main character.

lothario-da-be
I can't even find where he said it...

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Notice that he only mentioned an embers-style closure.

We still have closure through novel or video game, be it as a secondary or a main character.

Yes. That's what I was thinking. lol

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 10:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegDtyrSUZw

I don't care much. I just don't want people to blow this out of proportion. Maybe I cared abiut Connor's story once, but I'm beyond caring and even against him being a main character. I want more characters and I hope to God Ubisoft doesn't have Connor as the main character for the next game. New is good, but the old should still be respected, so give Connor the closure he deserves through him being a secondary character and then move on.

The devs shouldn't overhaul their plot plan everytime people want a revisit to old characters.

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:24 PM
You, TOO, will wear my Pink Sig of Doom, if we get some Connor sequel! hehe...

Sushiglutton
11-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Thought this was pretty interesting:

[–] (http://www.reddit.com/r/iama/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/?sort=top#)DarbyMcDevitt (http://www.reddit.com/user/DarbyMcDevitt)Assassin's Creed 4 6 poäng 41 minuter sen
I think the series could last quite a long time provided 2 things happen: 1, each game brings a unique gameplay innovation to accompany its setting, and 2, we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution.

lothario-da-be
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't care much. I just don't want people to blow this out of proportion. Maybe I cared abiut Connor's story once, but I'm beyond caring and even against him being a main character. I want more characters and I hope to God Ubisoft doesn't have Connor as the main character for the next game. New is good, but the old should still be respected, so give Connor the closure he deserves through him being a secondary character and then move on.

The devs shouldn't overhaul their plot plan everytime people want a revisit to old characters.
I wouldn't need a Connor sequel when he got a good closure to his story + How many sequences did he get? And how many as an assassin?

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM

[–] (http://www.reddit.com/r/iama/comments/1pz0j2/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/?sort=top#)DarbyMcDevitt (http://www.reddit.com/user/DarbyMcDevitt)Assassin's Creed 4 6 poäng 41 minuter sen
I think the series could last quite a long time provided 2 things happen: 1, each game brings a unique gameplay innovation to accompany its setting
I knew it! Spaceships!!

TheHumanTowel
11-05-2013, 10:27 PM
You, TOO, will wear my Pink Sig of Doom, if we get some Connor sequel! hehe...
I already have a pink sig. pinkish.

AssassinHMS
11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
If only Connor let his hair grow back to the way it was, learned how to walk and how to fight in a civilized way, got over the hero complex, got some brain and lost some muscle, started to think and act like an assassin more often, became less naive and more human (selfish), dropped his bow and quiver (personally I don’t like them), forgot a bit about his village and stopped acting as if he’s someone else’s pawn ("What would you have me do?") I could actually live with another AC game about Connor.

However I’m tired of these protagonists who have to be the center of every AC game. What about a less self-centered story? How about an AC game where you are the assassin; where you make the choices and the story revolves around the city and its people; that focuses on corruption, on conspiracies, on the creed as a whole…
It’s as if now every AC game is about this protagonist (“me, me, me, me”, “this is how I became an assassin”, “this is my personality”, “this is my life story”, “I want this and that”, “this is Lucrezia, Caterina and Sophia, some of the women I dated”). How about letting the player be the protagonist and the story be more about the world/society around the assassin and its evolution?

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I already have a pink sig. pinkish.
It will be PINKER. Much much pinker. And glittery... (it may or may not feature a pole-dancing assassin or two...)

Sushiglutton
11-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I knew it! Spaceships!!

Yep didn't the maya-indians have space ships :rolleyes:?

I was actually thinking more of the other part of what Darby said: "we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution."

Sounds like the new style of the modern day will be permanent. I don't know what to think about it since I haven't tried it. It sounds like a smart move to me though.

lothario-da-be
11-05-2013, 10:33 PM
If only Connor let his hair grow back to the way it was, learned how to walk and how to fight in a civilized way, got over the hero complex, got some brain and lost some muscle, started to think and act like an assassin more often, became less naive and more human (selfish), dropped his bow and quiver (personally I don’t like them), forgot a bit about his village and stopped acting as if he’s someone else’s pawn ("What would you have me do?") I could actually live with another AC game about Connor.

However I’m tired of these protagonists who have to be the center of every AC game. What about a less self-centered story? How about an AC game where you are the assassin; where you make the choices and the story revolves around the city and its people; that focuses on corruption, on conspiracies, on the creed as a whole…
It’s as if now every AC game is about this protagonist (“me, me, me, me”, “this is how I became an assassin”, “this is my personality”, “this is my life story”, “I want this and that”, “this is Lucrezia, Caterina and Sophia, some of the women I dated”). How about letting the player be the protagonist and the story be more about the world/society around the assassin and its evolution?
A game with a new assassin and Connor is his mentor :o

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Yep didn't the maya-indians have space ships :rolleyes:?

I was actually thinking more of the other part of what Darby said: "we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution."

Sounds like the new style of the modern day will be permanent. I don't know what to think about it since I haven't tried it. It sounds like a smart move to me though.
Haven't played either but, yes, I was thinking the same actually. It would definitely need to go down that route if they give us more and more AC games. It would be more convenient and yes, a smart move indeed. This way they'd focus more on the historical part without any big obstructions or loose ends from the modern part.

ACfan443
11-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Shame. Wouldn't have minded a Connor sequel, but it's time to move on. Glad this raging war has been put to rest.

I think the series could last quite a long time provided 2 things happen: 1, each game brings a unique gameplay innovation to accompany its setting, and 2, we reshape the present day setting to be more of a "context" and less "plot driven" so that people aren't constantly frustrated by a lack of resolution.

What this basically translates to is: 'instead of devoting time and resources to a long running narrative with unrealised potential and promise, providing satisfying resolutions is too much of a chore and it's far more convenient for us to just water it down to insignificance.'

SixKeys
11-05-2013, 10:56 PM
What this basically translates to is: 'instead of devoting time and resources to a long running narrative with unrealised potential and promise, providing satisfying resolutions is too much of a chore and it's far more convenient for us to just water it down to insignificance.'

You have to accept most casual players (or even hardcore fans) aren't fans of the modern-day elements in AC. I still think it's a shame they dropped the ball so early on Desmond's story - Subject 16, Lucy etc. - but streamlining the games may be the smarter move for the future of the franchise. The cracks in AC started to show when the devs had to start stretching the modern day story for the sake of justifying the historical content. As a result, the storytelling on both sides suffered. With this new direction, the devs will be able to focus most of their attention on delivering a solid, satisfying historical story whilst offering optional mysteries and puzzles to fans of modern day.

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2013, 11:01 PM

TL;DR - Let the milking begins (or continue/reach a new level)!!

The cracks in AC started to show when the devs had to start stretching the modern day story for the sake of justifying the historical content. As a result, the storytelling on both sides suffered.

and they did that because of what? With it (making the modern days story less relevant than it should be) they aren't treating the cancer, they're just making the franchise's life a little more comfortable before it dies...

pacmanate
11-05-2013, 11:01 PM
best news so far this week tbf.

Hahahahha. HIGH FIVE

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 11:06 PM
AHAHAHAHAAHAAHHQHQHAHAHA

Too funny.

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Ya'll know I'm noting down usernames now for your embarrassing future sigs? :mad: :D ;)

Shahkulu101
11-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Couple of halfwits, eh?

guardian_titan
11-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Must admit, I'm disappointed Connor got the shaft, but I'll settle on a book, a handheld game (3DS or Vita, no crappy iPad/iPhone :mad:), or a movie. Didn't honestly expect Edward to get anything more beyond maybe a movie, too. He really can't have anything more as a game given how quickly Haytham enters the picture after AC4. Kind of begs the question if Connor actually got married within 2-3 years of AC3's ending which would explain why he can't have a game sequel and fits with my theory he married someone in Davenport. Would be an easy way for Ubisoft to cut him off early anyway. They knew Connor would be controversial. Some loved him, some were indifferent, and some wanted him shot, burnt to a crisp, and thrown into the Mariana's Trench. Such a shame Ezio got so much screen time compared to the rest, and now everyone expects every assassin to get the same attention. Ultimately, Ubisoft put their own foot in their mouths with this. They really shouldn't have put so much time into Ezio or we would've more willingly accepted Connor was toast. At most, Brotherhood and Revelations should've just been expansions or DLC for AC2 and not full games. And Embers should've just been the ending you saw after beating Revelations. No movie and likely no Shao Jun. Ubisoft got us expecting too much with Ezio and now we're disappointed. Sure, it's Connor now so some may not care, but what about the assassin in AC5? What if the majority thing he's fantastic only to find out his story gets chopped short, too? And the one after him? Ezio set a benchmark that really can't be reverted without disappointment.

Now that it seems Connor won't really get an ending like Ezio, makes me less excited for any future assassins. Was nice to know an assassin's beginning, middle, and end. You went through their lives and saw how events changed them. Made you care more for the character rather than just being there and done. Now we see a fraction of their life and are quickly shoved to the next. It's like watching a quarter of a movie and the ushers come in and kick you out just when it starts to get good. :mad: Used a cake analogy yesterday that works as well.

Suppose now I don't feel so bad about working on a Connor game myself. Been fiddling with it since April but kept putzing around waiting for AC4 and seeing what Ubisoft was plotting. May go work more on it now that it's more or less official Connor's been left in the dust. Probably see how long it takes me to finish it since I'm still working on getting the prologue done. :p Nothing fancy. Just something I'm screwing with on the RPG Maker engine. Probably see if Ubisoft's lawyers come after me. :nonchalance:

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
The good news about this is that the game would have been worked on for a while, instead of a really short development which probably would have been from early 2013 to late 2014.

The next game in the series should be fresh.

silvermercy
11-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Suppose now I don't feel so bad about working on a Connor game myself. Been fiddling with it since April but kept putzing around waiting for AC4 and seeing what Ubisoft was plotting. May go work more on it now that it's more or less official Connor's been left in the dust. Probably see how long it takes me to finish it since I'm still working on getting the prologue done. :p Nothing fancy. Just something I'm screwing with on the RPG Maker engine. Probably see if Ubisoft's lawyers come after me. :nonchalance:
Hopefully you will finish it and let me play it! XD

btw, Tumblr right now is mad, mad, MAD!! Ooh really mad... (my dashboard has gone crazy with posts and reblogs about this...)

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2013, 11:32 PM
At most, Brotherhood and Revelations should've just been expansions or DLC for AC2 and not full games. And Embers should've just been the ending you saw after beating Revelations.

Brotherhood should've been a DLC (like it was supposed the be) for AC2 and Revelations should've had more development time for the writers be capable of craft a better story (IMO it had potential to be the best AC game) for both Ezio and Altair (especially Altair), don't turn the modern days in that awful thing we saw in ACR (my opinion), and work more on the new features, the only thing that mattered in ACB was the modern day ending, we didn't need to have an entire game just to discover where Ezio hid his damn Apple of Eden...

Legendz54
11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
wtf thats ********... The next game better be amazing and have a good character to compensate for this.

Shahkulu101
11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
I'm just shocked that he only got 6 ******* sequences where we could actually free-roam and had all his abilities. What idiot suggested a 10 hour tutorial?

He was awesome, his potential has been well and truly wasted.

daftPirate
11-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I agree, in part, but Ezio only really got his end in the animated film. I'd prefer they not return to past characters and settings though. Keeping it moving forward was a good trend, and going back for Black Flag I only bought into because it was a pirate game. Anything else, and I'd probably have been out of the franchise, content to replay revelations or AC3 if the whim came.

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 11:44 PM
You people are being played so hard right now.

Darby is so deep in his pop corn bowl right now, it ain't even funny (I'm actually laughing my *** off). Seriously, playing you over is Darby's domain. RESIST!

xx-pyro
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM

Darby is so deep in his pop corn bowl right now, it ain't even funny (I'm actually laughing my *** off). Seriously, playing you over is Darby's domain. RESIST!

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thought Lucy was still an Assassin and still alive after the games consistently proving otherwise. You probably also think Desmond is still alive :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
11-05-2013, 11:47 PM

Did you find this out on da twitters boredz frosty wosty?

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 11:48 PM
I'm guessing you're one of those people who thought Lucy was still an Assassin and still alive after the games consistently proving otherwise. You probably also think Desmond is still alive :rolleyes:

Desmond is alive...in ma heart <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Did you find this out on da twitters boredz frosty wosty?

Pssshhhhh, I have secret meetings with Darby every night. He tells me all that secret stuff.

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2013, 11:52 PM

or maybe you're in denial... :p

Shahkulu101
11-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Darby's lying. Trust me, take my hand and I will show you the way.

dxsxhxcx
11-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Darby's lying. Trust me, take my hand and I will show you the way.

http://karinabheart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/take-my-hand1.jpg

:p

ArabianFrost
11-05-2013, 11:59 PM
or maybe you're in denial... :p

No. It's just nigh impossible that they woukd leave a character without closure. For God's sake, the PS Vita spin off girl had closure. That crazy traitor from the comics got closure. That Russsian assassin people have in their sigs but don't know who he actually is got closure. For God's sake, Stede damn Bonnet had closure. It's just inevitable. We.WILL.get.closure. I don't care if it comes in a fortune cookie, but Connor will end his story one way or another.

AdamPearce
11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Are you actually receiving the star voting feedback from the missions? What's the general feedback? Any outstanding missions that everyone hates?
perma-lien
[–]AshrafIsmailAssassin's Creed 4 18 points 2 heures de ça
Yup, we're looking at them now! The general feedback is that the early game was liked and late game was extremely liked. The missions people didnt enjoy so much seem to be related to high desynch rates (either from death or detection)
Highest rated mission is gaining the Jackdaw. Lowest rated is find the sage in Seq 5, but its a 3.5 / 5 so thats pretty good :D

Oh no, no, no no, no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dammit, if this is the actual stats they are receiving, that means they are gonna make the game even easier, why, we really no luck what ever happens.

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 12:14 AM
You have to accept most casual players (or even hardcore fans) aren't fans of the modern-day elements in AC. I still think it's a shame they dropped the ball so early on Desmond's story - Subject 16, Lucy etc. - but streamlining the games may be the smarter move for the future of the franchise. The cracks in AC started to show when the devs had to start stretching the modern day story for the sake of justifying the historical content. As a result, the storytelling on both sides suffered. With this new direction, the devs will be able to focus most of their attention on delivering a solid, satisfying historical story whilst offering optional mysteries and puzzles to fans of modern day.

My frustration is with their questionable approach to tackling the issues of the present day. It clearly showed promise and direction in the overarching plot of the first two games. But when annualisation kicked in, they had to fill the gaps left by the new titles with a host of contrived justifications for historical content, as you mentioned. The plot clearly wasn't designed with 5 games in mind, so this new challenge they were presented with seems to have diverted their attention away from the originally planned direction of the narrative, leaving various plot holes which they mostly skirted around. They also chose to water it down by stalling Desmond's character, story and gameplay progression, and thus catalysed the hatred for that lore. Had they done things properly to begin with, we wouldn't have to deal with mediocrity, two plots which feel more separated than ever, and a convoluted mess of loose threads.

No. It's just nigh impossible that they woukd leave a character without closure. For God's sake, the PS Vita spin off girl had closure. That crazy traitor from the comics got closure. That Russsian assassin people have in their sigs but don't know who he actually is got closure. For God's sake, Stede damn Bonnet had closure. It's just inevitable. We.WILL.get.closure. I don't care if it comes in a fortune cookie, but Connor will end his story one way or another.

But will it be a full sequel? That is the question.

ArabianFrost
11-06-2013, 12:29 AM
My frustration is with their questionable approach to tackling the issues of the present day. It clearly showed promise and direction in the overarching plot of the first two games. But when annualisation kicked in, they had to fill the gaps left by the new titles with a host of contrived justifications for historical content, as you mentioned. The plot clearly wasn't designed with 5 games in mind, so this new challenge they were presented with seems to have diverted their attention away from the originally planned direction of the narrative, leaving various plot holes which they mostly skirted around. They also chose to water it down by stalling Desmond's character, story and gameplay progression, and thus catalysed the hatred for that lore. Had they done things properly to begin with, we wouldn't have to deal with mediocrity, two plots which feel more separated than ever, and a convoluted mess of loose threads.

But will it be a full sequel? That is the question.

Now that we've established that we WILL have closure for Connor, I really really do not think it's a full game. He will either be an NPC with a big role in the story most probably. Revelations-style alternating between two characters would be wishful thinking, but it's as close as we're going to get to a playable Connor. With AC games being annual and a constant need for freshness with each installment is a MUST, they really can't pull another Ezio, especially with a controversial character like Connor.

SixKeys
11-06-2013, 12:34 AM

True, but the series is annualised now. Not much we can do about it (except stop buying the games). I'm just saying that if Ubisoft intends to keep the series going - and I dare say they do - then changing the modern day plotline to how it is in AC4 seems like the right move. Starting over with another third-person protagonist and new host of side characters would mean the writers having to risk writing themselves into a corner again when plans change, with new directors and design teams constantly shifting. Having the modern day plot be more optional means more flexibility. The annualisation seems to be here to stay for the time being, despite cries of protest, so they may as well try to make the best of what the series has become, instead of trying to fit it back into the rigid original mold from whence it came.

ze_topazio
11-06-2013, 12:35 AM
You people really are not going to be satisfied until you see Connor kick the bucket.

Wolfmeister1010
11-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Now that we've established that we WILL have closure for Connor, I really really do not think it's a full game. He will either be an NPC with a big role in the story most probably. Revelations-style alternating between two characters would be wishful thinking, but it's as close as we're going to get to a playable Connor. With AC games being annual and a constant need for freshness with each installment is a MUST, they really can't pull another Ezio, especially with a controversial character like Connor.

Oh Connor, cursed and destined to live the rest of his tortured life as feeble NPC, walking around aimlessly, waving arms in anger at pedestrians standing in maximum groups of 5 but without audibly saying anything, running TOWARDS the man who just killed 12 guards, instead of the opposite direction, back to his family. O, no good deed goes unpunished, and our dearest Connor has learned that the hard way, to become one with the nameless crowd.

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Not to mention that...

It's pretty much confirmed in an e-mail chain from the Abstergo employees which discusses possible setting from 'sample17's bloodline - only the American Colonies/American war for independence is listed and the French Revolution possibility comes from Desmond's mothers bloodline whereas Connor comes from Desmond's dads side. So unless he goes abroad elsewhere - no Ratonhaketon for you.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh Connor, cursed and destined to live the rest of his tortured life as feeble NPC, walking around aimlessly, waving arms in anger at pedestrians standing in maximum groups of 5 but without audibly saying anything, running TOWARDS the man who just killed 12 guards, instead of the opposite direction, back to his family. O, no good deed goes unpunished, and our dearest Connor has learned that the hard way, to become one with the nameless crowd.
We will see Connor as a GHOST!! O_O

You people really are not going to be satisfied until you see Connor kick the bucket.
no no nooooo... He can kick some a$$ but not any buckets or similar stuff. :)

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 01:25 AM
True, but the series is annualised now. Not much we can do about it (except stop buying the games). I'm just saying that if Ubisoft intends to keep the series going - and I dare say they do - then changing the modern day plotline to how it is in AC4 seems like the right move. Starting over with another third-person protagonist and new host of side characters would mean the writers having to risk writing themselves into a corner again when plans change, with new directors and design teams constantly shifting. Having the modern day plot be more optional means more flexibility. The annualisation seems to be here to stay for the time being, despite cries of protest, so they may as well try to make the best of what the series has become, instead of trying to fit it back into the rigid original mold from whence it came.

It's deeply saddening that it's come to this. I suppose it does loosen the narrative reigns when exploring new characters and settings, but it was that deeper level of storytelling that had captivated me the most, it facilitated months/years of interesting speculation and discussion, stimulated the mind, and above all provided incentive to invest in the series (for me personally). The whole sense of something bigger brewing under the surface and mystery surrounding the present day was an appealing aspect of the Desmond arc, not to mention how brilliantly intertwined the two stories were, Minerva communicating with Desmond through Ezio was mind blowing. With the first person, it'll never feel like you're truly involved/a central part of the events unfolding before you, you're just a camera.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Just saw this on tumblr...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/05cdbbae869becbd8f936e71790eda7a/tumblr_mvtfnbSAml1szqj7oo1_500.jpg
http://wickedeclipse.tumblr.com/post/66137647155/how-i-see-my-fellow-connor-fans-right-now-im-so

ok even though I'm also upset I couldn't help but laugh. haha!

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 01:38 AM
I think Darby should be very careful when opening his mailbox the next couple of weeks

The fangirls can get pretty passionate.

AdamPearce
11-06-2013, 01:41 AM
I don't see why Connor should have any kind of closure or sequel. His part is done, he's useless now. Just like Altair in AC1, he didn't add any kind of closure until some random decided to pull-up ACR from DS to Console. Same thing with Ezio, if Brotherhood didn't came up, we wouldn't had any kind of closure, the ending would have been Ezio standing in front of Minerva just like Altair stood in front of the Apple in AC1, job done, next.

TheHumanTowel
11-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Yeah for some reason "closure" means "see every single second of his entire life". In an alternate universe where Connor got another game that ended when he was 85 people would still be complaining we didn't get "closure" on his last days.

dxsxhxcx
11-06-2013, 01:46 AM
It's deeply saddening that it's come to this. I suppose it does loosen the narrative reigns when exploring new characters and settings, but it was that deeper level of storytelling that had captivated me the most, it facilitated months/years of interesting speculation and discussion, stimulated the mind, and above all provided incentive to invest in the series (for me personally). The whole sense of something bigger brewing under the surface and mystery surrounding the present day was an appealing aspect of the Desmond arc, not to mention how brilliantly intertwined the two stories were, Minerva communicating with Desmond through Ezio was mind blowing. With the first person, it'll never feel like you're truly involved/a central part of the events unfolding before you, you're just a camera.

they should remove the whole thing for once since discover important things via emails or finding hidden secrets below my animus desk in the modern days won't have half of the impact the modern days during Desmond's games had (even the worst of them), waste development time (that already is scarce) just to justify a HUD is really stupid...

and to think this franchise had potential to be among the best ever made when it was released...

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Yeah for some reason "closure" means "see every single second of his entire life". In an alternate universe where Connor got another game that ended when he was 85 people would still be complaining we didn't get "closure" on his last days.

Exactly this. I got the closure I needed from his story, he had his mission and he failed, and in the process achieved a different goal. I don't need to see his death as closure, most stories end way before the main characters death.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Non-fans don't need closure as they don't care. Fans DO need though.

(I don't think fans are asking for every single second of his life at all. Or his time of death. Far FAR from it).

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 01:59 AM

Most lol inducing comment I've read today.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Most lol inducing comment I've read today.
Why? Ask ANY fandom. That's what happens when you're a fan of a certain character. (Example: Supernatural fandom).

dxsxhxcx
11-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Just saw this on tumblr...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/05cdbbae869becbd8f936e71790eda7a/tumblr_mvtfnbSAml1szqj7oo1_500.jpg
http://wickedeclipse.tumblr.com/post/66137647155/how-i-see-my-fellow-connor-fans-right-now-im-so

ok even though I'm also upset I couldn't help but laugh. haha!

From what I can remember things didn't end very well for William Wallace at the end of the movie... lol

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Why? Ask ANY fandom. That's what happens when you're a fan of a certain character. (Example: Supernatural fandom).

Probably because as a fan of the series I felt that AC3 had adequate closure in terms of the historical plot and doesn't need a continuation nor do we need to see the characters marriage or death or whatever. Closure is not equivalent to death or a happy ending, it's equivalent to the story being concluded, which it was.

AC3 not having closure would be if we didn't know what happened to his village or how his hunt against the Templars concluded- his two main missions.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Probably because as a fan of the series I felt that AC3 had adequate closure in terms of the historical plot and doesn't need a continuation nor do we need to see the characters marriage or death or whatever. Closure is not equivalent to death or a happy ending, it's equivalent to the story being concluded, which it was.

AC3 not having closure would be if we didn't know what happened to his village or how his hunt against the Templars concluded- his two main missions.

You see, that's subjective. For me it didn't have closure at all. I was personally expecting him to help resurrect the brotherhood for example. It felt incomplete when it ended where it ended. I was like WHAAT? That's it!? For most Connor fans, it's the same for similar or different reasons. If AC3 was a TV series the AC3 ending would feel like a closure for its first season finale only.

From what I can remember things didn't end very well for William Wallace at the end of the movie... lol
lol At least he fought. haha

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 02:11 AM
they should remove the whole thing for once since discover important things via emails or finding hidden secrets below my animus desk in the modern days won't have half of the impact the modern days during Desmond's games had (even the worst of them), waste development time (that already is scarce) just to justify a HUD is really stupid...

and to think this franchise had potential to be among the best ever made when it was released...

Yeah, I don't know about total removal though, I'm far too attached to it to see it go :I

(I don't think fans are asking for every single second of his life at all. Or his time of death. Far FAR from it).

I think that's a bit of a generalising statement. I'm a huge Altair fan, but I never wanted to see more of his life than I already did with AC1. (Although the short continuation of AC1's events in revelations was nice).

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 02:11 AM
You see, that's subjective. For me it didn't have closure at all. I was personally expecting him to help resurrect the brotherhood for example. It felt incomplete when it ended where it ended. I was like WHAAT? That's it!? For most Connor fans, it's the same for similar or different reasons. If AC3 was a TV series the AC3 ending would feel like a closure for its first season finale only.

It's not really that subjective, although I suppose anyone can argue that considering people will always have their "opinions". You had an expectation that was never hinted at nor did the game put any expectation on you for him to resurrect the Brotherhood. He accomplished the task he set out for (and failed another), and that was the end of his story, that's called closure- and honestly anyone who reads often knows that that is often the best that you get.

And for the record I think he was a good character and enjoyed playing as him, but then I've thought that of all four Assassins now (haven't played AC:L, so can't judge).

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 02:16 AM
It's not really that subjective, although I suppose anyone can argue that considering people will always have their "opinions". You had an expectation that was never hinted at nor did the game put any expectation on you for him to resurrect the Brotherhood. He accomplished the task he set out for (and failed another), and that was the end of his story, that's called closure- and honestly anyone who reads often knows that that is often the best that you get.
To me it was hinted ALL the time from the start, even if they didn't mean to do that... It was constantly repeated that the brotherhood was almost extinct. Achilles was the last one blah blah... So I was naturally expecting Connor to play a role in helping resurrect the brotherhood. It never happened. Just when it was starting to get a faster pacing, and just when I thought I was in the MIDDLE of the story... Well... it ended...

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Sometimes I wanna pack it all up, get on a coach and move to Boston,
Or New York, or any of those cities back east that I remember.
Sometimes I wanna go back home, a Mohawk village with some history.
I'd be satisfied, I know, in the simple things.

Longtime sunshine.
Longtime sunshine upon me.

Sometime I wanna build a house with a wood stove or a fire place.
In the middle of the living room an old piano.
Sometimes it don't seem so bad to settle down with a good woman;
Leave this lonely life behind forever, and ever.

Longtime sunshine.

Sometimes I wanna get on a horse, close my eyes and ride real fast;
Keep on going 'til I get some place where I can truly rest.

Longtime sunshine.

Tell my fans goodbye, silvermercy and adventurewomen, close my eyes as you fly away;
Keep on going 'til you get some place where you can truly rest.

Longtime sunshine.

Long time sunshine, long time sunshine upon me.
Why bother? It's gonna hurt me, it's gonna kill when you desert me.
He is in my eyes, he is in my ears, he is in my blood, he is in my tears.
No, there is no other one, no, there is no other one, can't have any other one, even though I would with one.
Blast off! Up to the stars we go, and leave behind everything I use to know
Somebody's giving me a whole lot of money to do what I think I want to
So why am I still feeling blue? Oh Kenway and Davenport.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 02:21 AM
To me it was hinted ALL the time from the start, even if they didn't mean to do that... It was constantly repeated that the brotherhood was almost extinct. Achilles was the last one blah blah... So I was naturally expecting Connor to play a role in helping resurrect the brotherhood. It never happened. Just when it was starting to get a faster pacing, and just when I thought I was in the MIDDLE of the story... Well... it ended...

Uh he kills his father and Charles Lee, and you thought it was the middle of the story? I can agree with you in saying the Brotherhood didn't play much of a role in AC3, which was one of its drawbacks in my opinion, but it was never hinted he would resurrect them. Achilles said like one time that he was the last one, which was likely meant to emphasize to the player that Connor is really the only one of his kind in Colonial America, and that he can't expect help from anyone else- it's his duty to kill his father.

LatinaC09
11-06-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm torn here. I would like to see another Connor game but at the same time I can't help but think of Brotherhood and Revelations….I was bored of those two, not just because of Ezio but just because but for other reasons as well. A new setting may be the way to go. My expectations are high now that I've played AC4. It just dethroned AC2 as my favorite game ever so whatever they release has some tough shoes to fill.

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 02:23 AM
In case anyone missed it, Darby elaborated on his comment about Connor not returning around 30 minutes ago:

[–]DarbyMcDevittAssassin's Creed 4 6 points 35 minutes ago
Hello. A colleague told me about this reply and I thought it deserved a follow up...
Firstly, though my answer was terse, I am not being snide when I say I am eager to see how fans continue our characters' stories in other outlets and mediums. Tumblr and live journal and dozens of other sites provide perfect outlets for AC fans to continue the stories of their favorite characters. I absolutely love this process. I love the fact that people have discovered resonant topics and characters in our universe. I love the fact that fans can expand or elaborate on points they feel have not been well addressed. This should happen as often as possible. Take what we begin and make it your own. Remix and remake. This leads to wonderful things.
That being said, it would be wrong to imagine that anyone is "brushing Connor off" ... we planned the Edward, Haytham, Connor saga more than 2 years ago, long before any of you had heard Connor's name or learned his backstory. We had no idea how he (or Haytham) would be received, but we had our own long story to tell, and we embraced it. And it was our hope that -- taken together -- this saga would represent the story of a family... a migration, a mixing of cultures, and a dashing of ideals... Connor played his part, Haytham played his, and now Edward has had his say too. The fact that Connor's story feels incomplete to you is unfortunate (and likely made worse by the cut dialog people found), but this only means there is more room for your imaginations to take over. Don't rely on us to deliver new content... make your own stories.
Finally, there is ALWAYS room for interesting things to happen in the AC universe. We are open to many ideas. But it's also important to realize that we make critical decisions YEARS before they come to fruition... which means we cannot usually respond immediately to fan reactions. This is why petitions aren't terribly useful... we're on a completely different schedule. But we are eager to see what you do with our characters... the stories you tell, the places you go. That's why we do this.
Thanks for your reply, Zoe."

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Uh he kills his father and Charles Lee, and you thought it was the middle of the story? I can agree with you in saying the Brotherhood didn't play much of a role in AC3, which was one of its drawbacks in my opinion, but it was never hinted he would resurrect them. Achilles said like one time that he was the last one, which was likely meant to emphasize to the player that Connor is really the only one of his kind in Colonial America, and that he can't expect help from anyone else- it's his duty to kill his father.
As I said, subjective. Those are the hints *I* got. It just felt TOO short. And it was: only 5-6 adult assassin sequences. Almost like a slightly longer DLC.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 02:30 AM
I'm pretty impressed with Zoe's response to Darby in the Reddit chat. I think it sums up my feelings perfectly. I'm not a tumblr fan girl (though there's nothing wrong with being one either). My reason for loving Connor as a character the most was probably because his plot was the most complex in regard to the politics of the time and his own personal politics so I do understand that the plot is over now and there's really not much to do except rebuild the brotherhood or protect his people. But she does have some good points about them comparing him to just some NPC like Claudia and Rosa. This is the first time we're not being given the final moments of a playable character, which I feel is the ultimate closure, especially for a character that was as internally conflicted as Connor. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind not having him in another game, but I would at least like a movie or book.

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Connor's not coming back
But I'll stand beside him
He's all I've got
And I don't wanna be alone

Ubisoft don't see me
Cause she's with my money
Connor's all I've got
And I don't wanna be alone

No there is no other one
No there is no other one
I can't have any other one
Though I would
Now I never could with one

All of the guards he kills
Scare me real good
She's got a tattoo
And two hidden blades

Nobody knows him like silver
Nobody knows him like silver
He's all we've got
And we don't want to be alone

No there is no other one
No there is no other one
Though I would

No, no there is no other one
No there is no other one
Though I would

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 02:44 AM
In case anyone missed it, Darby elaborated on his comment about Connor not returning around 30 minutes ago:

[–]DarbyMcDevittAssassin's Creed 4 6 points 35 minutes ago
Hello. A colleague told me about this reply and I thought it deserved a follow up...
Firstly, though my answer was terse, I am not being snide when I say I am eager to see how fans continue our characters' stories in other outlets and mediums. Tumblr and live journal and dozens of other sites provide perfect outlets for AC fans to continue the stories of their favorite characters. I absolutely love this process. I love the fact that people have discovered resonant topics and characters in our universe. I love the fact that fans can expand or elaborate on points they feel have not been well addressed. This should happen as often as possible. Take what we begin and make it your own. Remix and remake. This leads to wonderful things.
That being said, it would be wrong to imagine that anyone is "brushing Connor off" ... we planned the Edward, Haytham, Connor saga more than 2 years ago, long before any of you had heard Connor's name or learned his backstory. We had no idea how he (or Haytham) would be received, but we had our own long story to tell, and we embraced it. And it was our hope that -- taken together -- this saga would represent the story of a family... a migration, a mixing of cultures, and a dashing of ideals... Connor played his part, Haytham played his, and now Edward has had his say too. The fact that Connor's story feels incomplete to you is unfortunate (and likely made worse by the cut dialog people found), but this only means there is more room for your imaginations to take over. Don't rely on us to deliver new content... make your own stories.
Finally, there is ALWAYS room for interesting things to happen in the AC universe. We are open to many ideas. But it's also important to realize that we make critical decisions YEARS before they come to fruition... which means we cannot usually respond immediately to fan reactions. This is why petitions aren't terribly useful... we're on a completely different schedule. But we are eager to see what you do with our characters... the stories you tell, the places you go. That's why we do this.
Thanks for your reply, Zoe."

Thanks for that! :) I actually mentioned this on my tumblr, so there are many many people reblogging this reply, too, and this seems to have calmed them down, a bit... lol (it was getting out of hand quickly with the original post another blog made, it was spreading like fire! lol)

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 02:59 AM
R.I.P. Connor

I shall always hold you dear in my heart. All who follow shall be pale reflections, none coming close to what you evoked in me.

Here is one final song for you and your legion of adventuring and merciful fangirls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgXzChwipY

Megas_Doux
11-06-2013, 04:59 AM
Huge Connor fan here!

And well, although I would really like to have a closure for him I prefer a new protagonist, setting and era......

PD How epic see Connor "gone" in a blaze of glory..

Legendz54
11-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Oh god save us this is all wrong.... bye bye modern day...

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Just go through reading this whole thread and the AMA on Reddit.

That entire exchange between Darby and Zoe was great. Zoe pretty much lays out how a lot of us felt about Connor, but it's also incredibly reassuring to be reminded that they did plan this out ahead of time. My only issue with all this is that Juno specifically stated that Connor would make a difference again as he did with the Amulet in ACIII. He's got to come back in a big way for Juno to say that.

LoyalACFan
11-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Oh god save us this is all wrong.... bye bye modern day...

I don't think it's wrong at all. Let's be honest, after the Desmond debacle, do you really want another set of increasingly far-fetched and shocking cliffhangers leading to a conclusion that inevitably can't live up to the insane amount of hype and fan speculation built up over YEARS of game releases? I sure don't. The flaw of Desmond's story started becoming apparent right around ACR; ever since AC1, they kept piling on new plot threads and random MacGuffins left and right, without EVER resolving any of them, and AC3 wound up with a staggering amount of loose ends to deal with, plus new stuff they had to add to justify visiting Connor. Realistically, there was no way they could deal with it all, so some of the most burning questions have either been forgotten by the writers, or rendered pointless by Desmond's death. For example, remember ACB's final glyph message about Desmond's son? Yeah, WTF happened there? It was never answered, and now that he's dead, it doesn't even matter. VERY poor way to end it all.

I never want to see the modern stuff become so needlessly complex again. I don't want four cliffhangers in a row that lead to a terrible and unsatisfying conclusion in the final AC. Honestly, I think the Animus could just disappear and I wouldn't miss it. It's starting to constrain the types of stories they can tell. "We're reliving this guy's memories so we can find some First Civ tech he owned" can only stay interesting for so long, and IMO it's starting to get a tad tiresome. Not to mention that it imposes needless restrictions like not being able to follow a character past the conception of their child, or not being able to follow an ancestor of the opposite gender.

LoyalACFan
11-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Just go through reading this whole thread and the AMA on Reddit.

That entire exchange between Darby and Zoe was great. Zoe pretty much lays out how a lot of us felt about Connor, but it's also incredibly reassuring to be reminded that they did plan this out ahead of time. My only issue with all this is that Juno specifically stated that Connor would make a difference again as he did with the Amulet in ACIII. He's got to come back in a big way for Juno to say that.

I interpreted that statement to mean that he'd make a difference again by burying the amulet for Desmond to find. After all, that is literally the next thing out of her mouth; "You must hide the amulet where no one will think to look."

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I interpreted that statement to mean that he'd make a difference again by burying the amulet for Desmond to find. After all, that is literally the next thing out of her mouth; "You must hide the amulet where no one will think to look."

Yeah, just re-watched the cutscene and I think you're right.

I just want another Connor game. ='(

Cutscene also reminded me on how much I strongly dislike Juno. Got really bad vibes from her since Brohood, turned out to be right.

Legendz54
11-06-2013, 06:45 AM
I don't think it's wrong at all. Let's be honest, after the Desmond debacle, do you really want another set of increasingly far-fetched and shocking cliffhangers leading to a conclusion that inevitably can't live up to the insane amount of hype and fan speculation built up over YEARS of game releases? I sure don't. The flaw of Desmond's story started becoming apparent right around ACR; ever since AC1, they kept piling on new plot threads and random MacGuffins left and right, without EVER resolving any of them, and AC3 wound up with a staggering amount of loose ends to deal with, plus new stuff they had to add to justify visiting Connor. Realistically, there was no way they could deal with it all, so some of the most burning questions have either been forgotten by the writers, or rendered pointless by Desmond's death. For example, remember ACB's final glyph message about Desmond's son? Yeah, WTF happened there? It was never answered, and now that he's dead, it doesn't even matter. VERY poor way to end it all.

I never want to see the modern stuff become so needlessly complex again. I don't want four cliffhangers in a row that lead to a terrible and unsatisfying conclusion in the final AC. Honestly, I think the Animus could just disappear and I wouldn't miss it. It's starting to constrain the types of stories they can tell. "We're reliving this guy's memories so we can find some First Civ tech he owned" can only stay interesting for so long, and IMO it's starting to get a tad tiresome. Not to mention that it imposes needless restrictions like not being able to follow a character past the conception of their child, or not being able to follow an ancestor of the opposite gender.

I agree with everything you have said, It's just sad to think that the modern day story has been watered down to this uninteresting piece of first person crap that I couldn't care less about.. AC1 and AC2 focused a lot on the modern day and i loved coming out of the animus to explore what was happening "nowadays" The adam and eve video.. The subject 16 glyph.. I dont mind visiting the lives of many Assassins but ultimately there has to be a conclusion for the hardcore fans who have been playing since AC1. They are now catering for newcomers and forgetting about who has been with them since AC1.

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree with everything you have said, It's just sad to think that the modern day story has been watered down to this uninteresting piece of first person crap that I couldn't care less about.. AC1 and AC2 focused a lot on the modern day and i loved coming out of the animus to explore what was happening "nowadays" The adam and eve video.. The subject 16 glyph.. I dont mind visiting the lives of many Assassins but ultimately there has to be a conclusion for the hardcore fans who have been playing since AC1. They are now catering for newcomers and forgetting about who has been with them since AC1.

I feel like a lot of the mystery has kinda died after AC3, too. Which was bound to happen once we started finding out more and more about TOWCB and the modern day story, but until Brotherhood, it was pretty intriguing. Although, I really do like the direction of the modern day story in ACIV, finding out more about how Abstergo works is very interesting, and the diaries are great, too.

Legendz54
11-06-2013, 07:12 AM
I feel like a lot of the mystery has kinda died after AC3, too. Which was bound to happen once we started finding out more and more about TOWCB and the modern day story, but until Brotherhood, it was pretty intriguing. Although, I really do like the direction of the modern day story in ACIV, finding out more about how Abstergo works is very interesting, and the diaries are great, too.

yea the extra tidbits are nice, but ultimately.. unless they do something next game.. The modern day will just work as a lazily tacked on thing that players can go through in 15 mins. Hopefully they realise that they have potential with it and make it 3rd person again.

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 07:22 AM
yea the extra tidbits are nice, but ultimately.. unless they do something next game.. The modern day will just work as a lazily tacked on thing that players can go through in 15 mins. Hopefully they realise that they have potential with it and make it 3rd person again.

I don't mind the 1st person so much as once the modern day story got going... it just ended. The whole thing with AIta being constantly reincarnated (which was a sorta-successful experiment) and Juno being stuck as an AI was incredibly creepy and fascinating just like the end of AC1 and even ACII. Continue that story, with a bit of mystery, but don't pull what happened in ACB-III and make it even more convoluted than a good mystery needs to be. All the historical conspiracy tinfoil hat stuff was great in ACII. Bring stuff like that back, etc. etc.

Bleh. This is one of those times I'm glad AC is an annual game. I want to know what happens next in the story.

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Watering down the modern day is ********, why not make it fun, let us do stuff in it.

Legendz54
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't mind the 1st person so much as once the modern day story got going... it just ended. The whole thing with AIta being constantly reincarnated (which was a sorta-successful experiment) and Juno being stuck as an AI was incredibly creepy and fascinating just like the end of AC1 and even ACII. Continue that story, with a bit of mystery, but don't pull what happened in ACB-III and make it even more convoluted than a good mystery needs to be. All the historical conspiracy tinfoil hat stuff was great in ACII. Bring stuff like that back, etc. etc.

Bleh. This is one of those times I'm glad AC is an annual game. I want to know what happens next in the story.

What worries me is that he said less "Plot driven" and more "context" and that means they are going to try and make the modern day understandable for everyone instead of mysterious and working it out for yourself. They need to create a character for the modern day that we can follow, as i have said before i dont give a **** abut "me" in games i care about different characters i can play as.

Right now the modern day is just too drastic

Subject 16: The sun.. your son... Flushed down toilet
Ezio: maybe you will be the one to make all this suffering worth something in the end.. Flushed down the toilet..

Bullet747
11-06-2013, 09:40 AM
This sucks. Perhaps he'll be there in a mentor role. I'd still like to play as a native American again and it's not like they're going to make every assassin be debonair.

dxsxhxcx
11-06-2013, 10:14 AM
For example, remember ACB's final glyph message about Desmond's son? Yeah, WTF happened there? It was never answered, and now that he's dead, it doesn't even matter. VERY poor way to end it all.

read only if you already played AC4 (modern day spoilers):
This actually was addressed in the Desmond files (or whatever they call that) in AC4, Desmond elaborate on it a little in one of his recordings where he talks about TWCB calculations for the future (you can find them on Youtube), it was really insteresting but IMO didn't live up to the expectations the glyphs built...

I don't think it's wrong at all. Let's be honest, after the Desmond debacle, do you really want another set of increasingly far-fetched and shocking cliffhangers leading to a conclusion that inevitably can't live up to the insane amount of hype and fan speculation built up over YEARS of game releases?

yes, because now they already know and are used to how these yearly releases work, during Desmond arc they needed to change the original plan to fit this business model and that's what screwed up with the story, now they have the chance to start over with a new modern day protagonist and tell a story that fits better with the current business model and don't need to create excuses from something already set in stone (the original plan), they can have their own pace and make it work inside the yearly releases (unless Yves decides to release a new AC game every 6 months)...

pirate1802
11-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm both happy and sad. Sad because my conniboy wont get another game, but happy because we will see a brand new character!

and lol @ lothario spoiling himself xD

killzab
11-06-2013, 11:50 AM
They're basically saying they have no flexibility in their schedule and what they plan with the next games, implying they can only integrate players' feedback on a superficial level or with a 2+ years delay, that's one terrible business decision.

pacmanate
11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Best news of the year

SixKeys
11-06-2013, 02:10 PM

This comment reeks of the "true fan" mentality that I hate in any fandom. I'm an Altaďr fan, but I never needed closure for his story. I would have been perfectly satisfied if we never saw him again after AC1. I thought Revelations was unnecessary and never cared for Embers either. I would much prefer each assassin's story to be self-contained, part of a larger mystery, and for fans to fill in the missing bits themselves.

Farlander1991
11-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Seeing a person die or his whole life story does not equal closure.

All characters - Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, had a full coherent arc in their respective main games (AC1, AC2, AC3, AC4 that is) and a closure to said arc and their respective story. Sad closure, vague closure, call it whatever you want, it was there.

If Connor never gets another game, spin-off, or anything - his story is fully told. That moment when he takes the war axe in the epilogue is his closure. Sad, tragic, somewhat uncertain. But it is. And it doesn't NEED a continuation. Don't get me wrong, if the continuation is good, there's nothing wrong with it, but what we got in AC3 doesn't inherently need anything.

pacmanate
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM

All characters - Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, had a full coherent arc in their respective main games (AC1, AC2, AC3, AC4 that is) and a closure to said arc and their respective story. Sad closure, vague closure, call it whatever you want, it was there.

If Connor never gets another game, spin-off, or anything - his story is fully told. That moment when he takes the war axe in the epilogue is his closure. Sad, tragic, somewhat uncertain. But it is. And it doesn't NEED a continuation. Don't get me wrong, if the continuation is good, there's nothing wrong with it, but what we got in AC3 doesn't inherently need anything.

Exactly.

LatinaC09
11-06-2013, 05:05 PM

Very well said.

Landruner
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
What they should do, it is an AC3 spin off that conclude Connor and Aveline & both stories during the French revolution and directory period. Player can switch the characters and/or you can use them at the same time, you can co-op in the game, Liberation allowed them to meet, and actually the combination of both characters with their personality was working well, They should exploit it for a big finale of the two.

Kaschra
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Since I don't really care for Connor, I'm okay with this.

ArabianFrost
11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Yaaaaaaaay for new character. I'm really excited to see what story they can bring forth next. Edward's story was a really really fresh one and best thing was it wasn't a stupid revenge story like most of the god damn stories in video games nowadays. Let's how can they innovate on the the narrative now, with how the assassins are introduced and how the main protagonist joins the assassins, along with his motives and what not. We already had the revenge story, the freedom fighter, the aim for glory and riches story as well as the rising up the assassin ranks story. A lot of story styles have been consumed and it would be exciting to see a different approach to the assassin protagonist this time. If they can actually introduce the main main protagonist in a different way other than those who came before him, I'd be quite surprised.

BATISTABUS
11-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Spoilers I guess, but the "full circle" of the Kenway "saga" is basically confirmed at the end of AC4. I'm really disappointed. Hopefully we get an animated short or something.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 07:04 PM
This comment reeks of the "true fan" mentality that I hate in any fandom. I'm an Altaďr fan, but I never needed closure for his story. I would have been perfectly satisfied if we never saw him again after AC1. I thought Revelations was unnecessary and never cared for Embers either. I would much prefer each assassin's story to be self-contained, part of a larger mystery, and for fans to fill in the missing bits themselves.
Maybe, but like it or hate it, that's the reality in the majority of fandoms.

I was and still am a huge Altair fan (in a similar level to Connor before he came in the picture) but I didn't need closure for Altair either. Perhaps because of the way his story was told in AC1. I can't say the same for AC3... If you ask Connor and Altair fans who are fans of both assassins in an equal/similar level they will say the same about AC3 (need for closure, and no, that doesn't have to involve their whole life). But not AC1...

To me AC3 felt totally incomplete. Like I was watching the full first season of a TV series (or, alternatively, 5 episodes out of 12). With AC1 (and I'm a big fan) I didn't feel this.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I was and still am a huge Altair fan (in a similar level to Connor before he came in the picture) but I didn't need closure for Altair either. Perhaps because of the way his story was told in AC1. I can't say the same for AC3... If you ask Connor and Altair fans who are fans of both assassins in an equal/similar level they will say the same about AC3 (need for closure, and no, that doesn't have to involve their whole life). But not AC1...

I agree with this statement very much. I think it's just because throughout the story, Connor was always trying to find his way. His own ideals were being questioned so often. While this happened in AC1, it was all resolved and Altair ultimately redeemed himself. But Connor was still left at a low point, having lost everyone (except the Homestead, I suppose). I was just waiting for him to find a certain clarity.

Gi1t
11-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Thank you! XD

I don't know how many times I've heard "the main character's not dead!" as a reason why they NEED a sequel.

pacmanate
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Thank you! XD

I don't know how many times I've heard "the main character's not dead!" as a reason why they NEED a sequel.

IKR?!

I was happy with Altair being finished in AC1. I was happy with Ezio after AC:B (Only because we knew we let Rodrigo live) and I was happy with Connors ending. I am also happy with Edwards ending too, as much as I would like seeing more of him.

If I had it my way, 1 game per protagonist.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 09:10 PM
IKR?!

I was happy with Altair being finished in AC1. I was happy with Ezio after AC:B (Only because we knew we let Rodrigo live) and I was happy with Connors ending. I am also happy with Edwards ending too, as much as I would like seeing more of him.

Agreed much with this, except the problem for me isn't even one game per protagonist, but one story arc/problem that they attempt to solve. Altair had his, Ezio had three of them, Connor had his, and now Edward has had his. I wouldn't even mind more than one game for a character if it isn't forced (see: Ezio travelling to Istanbul).

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 09:11 PM
IKR?!

Same here. Imagine my surprise when I saw we were getting another Ezio game with Brotherhood.

adventurewomen
11-06-2013, 09:28 PM
What the heck no way!!! :'(

I'm gonna cry for real! Ratonhnhaké:ton deserves more!

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Lol haha. ^

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 09:38 PM
What the heck no way!!! :'(

I'm gonna cry for real! Ratonhnhaké:ton deserves more!

I really want Ratonhnhaké:fan to see this thread now, his reaction will be priceless, he'll probably express his dismay in typical exaggerated gif form

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 09:50 PM
You mean like this? That's how I'm eating my chicken from now on! :p
http://replygif.net/i/454.gif

Btw, I'm preparing pink pole-dancing Connor siggies for all of you! Just watch this space!! :mad: :)

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 09:54 PM
You mean like this? That's how I'm eating my chicken from now on! :p
http://replygif.net/i/454.gif

Btw, I'm preparing pink pole-dancing Connor siggies for all of you! Just watch this space!! :mad: :)

Can I have one?

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Can I have one?
I... mhmmf... ate... miamm... them all!

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Chicken sounds delicious about now.

ze_topazio
11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/drumstick_dance.gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2298131/kfc-dancing-with-chicken-o.gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1800253/black-man-dancing-with-chicken-o.gif
http://cdn.gossiponthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/FriedChickenDance.gif

http://2204355.com/warholchicken.jpg

Lonnie_Jackson
11-06-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm okay with the characters that have a game and within the game's story does not come to a full close. It keeps us guessing and wanting more, which I find is half the fun. But this doesn't mean I want them to vanish from the lore. Embers was a good way I thought to close Ezio and even though I don't agree with the way Altair's ending was handled in ACR it was, at least for me, better than nothing... If Edward (between end game and forsaken ending) is continued or Conner after his event in AC3 I would like it to be shown in such a way.

We are truly lucky as fans to have other media outlets to see things continue the lore outside of games. I hope that characters introduced in past games, comics and movies are never forgotten by the yearly games.

adventurewomen
11-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Lol haha. ^
It's my feelings! :'(

I really want Ratonhnhaké:fan to see this thread now, his reaction will be priceless, he'll probably express his dismay in typical exaggerated gif form
Yeah, I agree he's my friend. I'm sure he'll be equally upset as I am.

ACfan443
11-06-2013, 11:42 PM
It's my feelings! :'(

Yeah, I agree he's my friend. I'm sure he'll be equally upset as I am.

His gifs are brilliant

Kaschra
11-06-2013, 11:51 PM

Sorry Mercy, not accepting any of your Connor GIFs :P

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 11:54 PM
oh well

hopefully this means we can get to a Summer of Love AC game where we can meet historical Assassin figures such as Charles Manson and Templars like The Beatles quicker

Toa TAK
11-06-2013, 11:58 PM
oh well

hopefully this means we can get to a Summer of Love AC game where we can meet historical Assassin figures such as Charles Manson and Templars like The Beatles quicker
lol Could you imagine?

"In actuality, an Assassin came up with Yellow Submarine!" Only to put down Ringo some more. :P

ze_topazio
11-07-2013, 12:08 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111114225843/assassinscreed/images/9/9f/Assassinscreedsummoeroflove.png

I-Like-Pie45
11-07-2013, 12:11 AM
The game can start in the loving 60s, move into 70s disco land, and end with synthethized 80s.

John Lennon can be the main Templar.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 12:24 AM
The game can start in the loving 60s, move into 70s disco land, and end with synthethized 80s.

How about the unbelievable 90s? We had so many great groups... Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Westlife, Boyzone...

And the legendary Templar... Hassel the Hoff of the Knight Riders. (going by David Hasselhoff in public).

RatonhnhakeFan
11-07-2013, 01:49 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ikxy4j.gif

Bullet747
11-07-2013, 01:53 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ikxy4j.gif Agreed.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 07:49 AM
oh well

hopefully this means we can get to a Summer of Love AC game where we can meet historical Assassin figures such as Charles Manson and Templars like The Beatles quickerCharles Manson haha, that ****er is one crazy *** *****.

Foyez5
11-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I hope there is some sort of continuation of Connor or conclusion of him, I think it would unfair since there was a ending for all the other assassins except him, and just so you know I would happily continue reading his life and adventures as a novel and you know what thats cheaper than making a videogame! I know there a sizable group of members here who like connor his one of my favourite assassins. So Ubisoft just do a novel of his story thats set after forsaken/AC3 i would be quite happy with that.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I hope there is some sort of continuation of Connor or conclusion of him, I think it would unfair since there was a ending for all the other assassins except him, and just so you know I would happily continue reading his life and adventures as a novel and you know what thats cheaper than making a videogame! I know there a sizable group of members here who like connor his one of my favourite assassins. So Ubisoft just do a novel of his story thats set after forsaken/AC3 i would be quite happy with that.If you make a conclusion to him though you need one for every single Assassin. By doing this it ruins that mould that you need to show every Assassin die.

Legendz54
11-07-2013, 12:38 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/337/a/f/sad_connor_by_krystalrose87-d5n03av.png

AW NOW LOOK WHAT YOUV DONE... TSK.. Ubisoft you even made Connor cry... Disgusting..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
I'll put it this way Ubisoft. The "developed and produced by a multicultural team" thingy is starting to feel silly when all of the Assassins in the series that ain't male, straight & caucasian seem to be getting the shorter end of the stick. Adewale relegated to DLC, Aveline to a side game and Ratonhnhaké:ton not even getting full main game for himself nor any sort of a comic, novel or animatied short like Altair, Ezio and Edward have.

roostersrule2
11-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll put it this way Ubisoft. The "developed and produced by a multicultural team" thingy is starting to feel silly when all of the Assassins in the series that ain't male, straight & caucasian seem to be getting the shorter end of the stick. Adewale relegated to DLC, Aveline to a side game and Ratonhnhaké:ton not even getting full main game for himself nor any sort of a comic, novel or animatied short like Altair, Ezio and Edward have.Arguably the funniest post since this has been announced.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Arguably the funniest post since this has been announced.Obviously wasn't directed at you, I would expect you to understand Itsy Bitsy Spider lyrics, let alone this.

Landruner
11-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I'll put it this way Ubisoft. The "developed and produced by a multicultural team" thingy is starting to feel silly when all of the Assassins in the series that ain't male, straight & caucasian seem to be getting the shorter end of the stick. Adewale relegated to DLC, Aveline to a side game and Ratonhnhaké:ton not even getting full main game for himself nor any sort of a comic, novel or animatied short like Altair, Ezio and Edward have.

Hey! actually you are right and I heard it somewhere else, same thing your wrote - The joke that came after is that they should make a DLC with a Transvestite / transgender assassin - A "Chevalier D' Eon" DLC

Foyez5
11-07-2013, 04:45 PM
If you make a conclusion to him though you need one for every single Assassin. By doing this it ruins that mould that you need to show every Assassin die.

Well i'm not saying every assassin but those that have been in the main games have been given their conclusion like Altair, Ezio ,Edward Kenway and Nikolai Orelov. But if you read it i did also say a continuation the key thing is this i don't think connors story was over at the end of AC3, I imagine that he still has a lot of fight in him and as far i'am concerned his one of the important assassins among others in terms of lore, so it's only fair that they do something with his character in some form media i would love to see him continue in novel form doesn't have to be videogame.

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 05:55 PM

I hope you realise that FAN RESPONSE plays a part. Jesus.

luckyto
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Did you guys see Darby's response to the reaction ... or the Kotaku article?

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creeds-connor-who-was-the-worst-is-done-f-1459894621

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 08:47 PM

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creeds-connor-who-was-the-worst-is-done-f-1459894621
Ah yes. What I don't agree though with this Kotaku article is that the journalist is actually making fun of the fans that like Connor! It's one thing to NOT like a character and voice your opinion but making fun of people that do...!? This is not acceptable behavior for a journalist... :/ Please, don't give him clicks as he's probably trolling the AC fans.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 08:49 PM
I have so much to post in this thread but am a little too afraid of getting into a year long argument with the multitude of Connor fans so I won't. Mind you I enjoyed AC3 and thought he was a decent character, he's just outshone in every aspect by most of the other Assassins we've played as.

pirate1802
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM
^And by his own father. *tiptoes outta the thread*

lothario-da-be
11-07-2013, 09:17 PM

This is one big joke. This dude doesn't even deserve to type Connor.

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM

Wow, talk about unprofessional. Just because the writer didn't like Connor, it must mean that everyone who did is a very wrong Tumblr fangirl. I also wasn't aware that someone is boring just because they don't have a sense of humor (especially after taking into consideration the grievances he's faced in his lifetime). It's ridiculous how they expect a bad-***, flirtatious jokester as the protagonist in every game, as if real life produces only those types of people. As if the Assassin Order, a serious organization trying to eliminate a major threat through violent means only because they have no other choice, only produces those types of people.

I get why people don't like Connor, but I don't get how it's practically impossible for them to comprehend that someone people do.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Wow, talk about unprofessional. Just because the writer didn't like Connor, it must mean that everyone who did is a very wrong Tumblr fangirl. I also wasn't aware that someone is boring just because they don't have a sense of humor (especially after taking into consideration the grievances he's faced in his lifetime). It's ridiculous how they expect a bad-***, flirtatious jokester as the protagonist in every game, as if real life produces only those types of people. As if the Assassin Order, a serious organization trying to eliminate a major threat through violent means only because they have no other choice, only produces those types of people.

I get why people don't like Connor, but I don't get how it's practically impossible for them to comprehend that someone people do.

While I agree that the article is a poor indication of the character Connor actually was, what I personally don't get is why the majority of Connor fans find it incomprehensible that the vast majority of gamers (both on forums and those who don't frequent them) did not enjoy him as a character and would not be happy to see another sequel with Connor returning.

Bullet747
11-07-2013, 10:55 PM

Yeah, Luke Plunett's just being a jerk. Surprisingly, Stephen Totilo kind of put him in his place in the comments section(didn't even think he liked Connor).

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 10:56 PM
While I agree that the article is a poor indication of the character Connor actually was, what I personally don't get is why the majority of Connor fans find it incomprehensible that the vast majority of gamers (both on forums and those who don't frequent them) did not enjoy him as a character and would not be happy to see another sequel with Connor returning.
Well Connor almost always in polls. lol Not sure where people get these "statistics". Connor has just made the fanbase divided. Every reaction against Connor always finds someone who opposes that. And vice versa.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Well Connor almost always in polls. lol Not sure where people get these "statistics". Connor has just made the fanbase divided. Every reaction against Connor always finds someone who opposes that. And vice versa.

Obviously Ubisoft has the statistics and they clearly indicate that people didn't like him, or they would probably consider bringing him back, it's a pretty general consensus that he's a more boring character than the previous Assassins as well as Edward now, and the fact of it is most people don't want to play a boring character. There are people who don't see him as boring yeah, but I think it's quite clear that they are in the minority of the people who bought and played the game.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the character probably as much as any other Assassin besides Edward, but his internal conflict was something that doesn't need to seep into other games, it was done well enough in his first game and doesn't need any further exploration.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Obviously Ubisoft has the statistics and they clearly indicate that people didn't like him, or they would probably consider bringing him back, it's a pretty general consensus that he's a more boring character than the previous Assassins as well as Edward now, and the fact of it is most people don't want to play a boring character. There are people who don't see him as boring yeah, but I think it's quite clear that they are in the minority of the people who bought and played the game.
Less Connor fans, yes. Minority, no. I will remember this post for the day of the next game announcement. ;)

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Less Connor fans, yes. Minority, no. I will remember this post for the day of the next game announcement. ;)

If the next (or any future) game hosts Connor as the protagonist, you win then :rolleyes:

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 11:08 PM
If the next (or any future) game hosts Connor as the protagonist, you win then :rolleyes:
And you will wear my pink siggy. ^_^

monteiro416
11-07-2013, 11:12 PM

I can't speak for other people, but I understand why people didn't like him. It just gets annoying when they can't understand why I do. And I certainly do not want another Connor game (I find the Americas a dull setting anyway), but I feel like another medium isn't too much to ask. We got to see how every playable character's life went on and ended, but Connor remains the exception.

Ultimately, I just hate seeing how Ubi is dealing with Connor, comparing continuing his story to Rosa or Claudia's, or even counting on non-canon mediums to finish it off.

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 11:15 PM
And you will wear my pink siggy. ^_^

Uh fine but if the next game doesn't feature Connor as the protagonist (gotta be specific here), then you can't ever wear a sig/avatar with Connor in it until he DOES appear in a game again.

I can't speak for other people, but I understand why people didn't like him. It just gets annoying when they can't understand why I do. And I certainly do not want another Connor game (I find the Americas a dull setting anyway), but I feel like another medium isn't too much to ask. We got to see how every playable character's life went on and ended, but Connor remains the exception.

Ultimately, I just hate seeing how Ubi is dealing with Connor, comparing continuing his story to Rosa or Claudia's, or even counting on non-canon mediums to finish it off.

Like I said I enjoyed his character, I'm against him having another game because I feel it wouldn't add anything to his story (a lot of which had to do with internal conflict over who he was), and that I'd much rather see a new Assassin. I think Ubisoft made the mistake of showing us the entire lives of most Assassins we've played as, which gave people the unrealistic expectation that every Assassin's story should begin at birth and end at death. I'm all for another medium if that's the way they want to approach it, but I'd much rather see different time periods and different characters.

silvermercy
11-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Uh fine but if the next game doesn't feature Connor as the protagonist (gotta be specific here), then you can't ever wear a sig/avatar with Connor in it until he DOES appear in a game again.
The pink sig is for a month. Same here. ;) We must be fair! But bet is on!! ^^

*goes to threaten Ubi devs*

pacmanate
11-07-2013, 11:56 PM

Gold. And I also want tumblr to go back to boobies. Thank you Darby.

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 12:01 AM
And I also want tumblr to go back to boobies.
It's full of crotches now. Sorry for the inconvenience! lol

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 12:06 AM
It's full of crotches now. Sorry for the inconvenience! lol

I know! And this is the problem I now face. Everytime I get a "best of tumblr" email its crotches, crotches everywhere.

monteiro416
11-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Like I said I enjoyed his character, I'm against him having another game because I feel it wouldn't add anything to his story (a lot of which had to do with internal conflict over who he was), and that I'd much rather see a new Assassin. I think Ubisoft made the mistake of showing us the entire lives of most Assassins we've played as, which gave people the unrealistic expectation that every Assassin's story should begin at birth and end at death. I'm all for another medium if that's the way they want to approach it, but I'd much rather see different time periods and different characters.

I think I would have been slightly satisfied if Ubi had kept in Connor's cut soliloquy from Forsaken because he didn't really acknowledge his internal struggle that much. And even the cut dialogue leaves me wondering if he was ever satisfied with whatever he did accomplish in his lifetime (whatever that may be). So my main reason for seeing more Connor (not necessarily in game form) is just to see if he was actually solidified in his beliefs. His internal struggle certainly did not end with the ending of AC3; if anything, it made things even more complicated (e.g. seeing America free, yet turning around to see African Americans being sold into slavery, not to mention the driving away of his people). And I feel like Connor's death is certainly important to see because we witnessed Ezio gain clarity later in life. If anything changes your outlook on life, it's old age or death.

adventurewomen
11-08-2013, 12:22 AM
This gif perfectly sums up Ubisoft and their response to a Connor sequel:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3fc0896626b02c0462b66378c9df7f4a/tumblr_mv74pziI9T1r59nxzo1_250.gif

i'm not going to lie.. I'm still annoyed as ****.

silvermercy
11-08-2013, 12:23 AM
This gif perfectly sums up Ubisoft and their response to a Connor sequel:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3fc0896626b02c0462b66378c9df7f4a/tumblr_mv74pziI9T1r59nxzo1_250.gif
LOL I just reblogged this on tumblr!

xx-pyro
11-08-2013, 12:24 AM
such struggle

BATISTABUS
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
did you guys see darby's response to the reaction ... Or the kotaku article?

"tumblr sucks its full of idiot girls haha i'm clearly not a fan of assassins creed but i played 2 for a few hours, close-minded popular opinions with no evidence, look guys i'm a reporter" /caps

SixKeys
11-08-2013, 01:19 AM
That gif is the best thing I've seen all day, lmao.

monteiro416
11-08-2013, 01:21 AM
"tumblr sucks its full of idiot girls haha i'm clearly not a fan of assassins creed but i played 2 for a few hours, close-minded popular opinions with no evidence, look guys i'm a reporter" /caps

That's pretty much what I got out of the article.

pacmanate
11-08-2013, 02:26 AM
At least we can have the opportunity to have a fun protag again :D

Landruner
11-08-2013, 02:51 AM

Paul McCartney should be the Templar because they can use the conspiracy with the "Faul McCartney" -

Assassin john Lennon had to wear round classes because his eagles vision gives him visions such as "Lucy in the Skynimus with Desmond",

Georges Harrison has a hidden Guitar with invisible cord for strangulation and Ringo Starr has a four pieces trap set as a weapon that The game could be called "Assassin Creed Revolver" or "Assassin Pepper's Lonely Creed Club"...:rolleyes:

70's Disco version called ABBAssassin Creed: The Dancing Creed - BTW: it was not a disco Ball we see in AC3 at the end of the game? - Dangerous device apparently...:cool:

80's New Wave version Assassin Cure : Boy's don't Creed;)

I donno ? it could be cool?

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Obviously wasn't directed at you, I would expect you to understand Itsy Bitsy Spider lyrics, let alone this.Oh yes because your words are far greater then mine and your thought train takes thinking to a whole new level.

You also made yourself look stupid by trying to make me look stupid in saying would instead of wouldn't so I'll learn some nursery rhymes and you can learn to spell.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Woooow The amount of ******baggery in this thread is too damn high...

also, to the people saying "waaaa waaaa why is there many Connor threads" just look at who're the ones who started the thread THEN look at who's stirring the crap pot and to those windering "whyz do you want closurez?? not ever characterz need to die to has closurez" you can blame Ubisoft for that for giving EVERY protagonist some sort of closure on their stories.

that said, it's rather unfortunate since I'm a fan of Connor and thought AC III was underwhelming. I was hoping one more game could help flesh him out more, but oh well...the pedestal of crappiest treatment to a Protagonist now has a new King.

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Don't give Kotaku clicks guys. Furthest thing from online journalism as it gets.

that said, it's rather unfortunate since I'm a fan of Connor and thought AC III was underwhelming. I was hoping one more game could help flesh him out more, but oh well...the pedestal of crappiest treatment to a Protagonist now has a new King.
Who was the previous king?

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Woooow The amount of ******baggery in this thread is too damn high...

also, to the people saying "waaaa waaaa why is there many Connor threads" just look at who're the ones who started the thread THEN look at who's stirring the crap pot and to those windering "whyz do you want closurez?? not ever characterz need to die to has closurez" you can blame Ubisoft for that for giving EVERY protagonist some sort of closure on their stories.

that said, it's rather unfortunate since I'm a fan of Connor and thought AC III was underwhelming. I was hoping one more game could help flesh him out more, but oh well...the pedestal of crappiest treatment to a Protagonist now has a new King.I disagree the whole series not being contributed entirely to Ezio is crappy treatment.

On a serious note though if you thought AC3 was underwhelming why is it your favourite AC?

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I disagree the whole series not being contributed entirely to Ezio is crappy treatment.

On a serious note though if you thought AC3 was underwhelming why is it your favourite AC?

Because it's better than every other AC barring AC I??

Oh yeah forgot to say...AC IV is my new favorite.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Who was the previous king?
It was shared..Desmond and arguably Altair.

roostersrule2
11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Because it's better than every other AC barring AC I??

Oh yeah forgot to say...AC IV is my new favorite.So all the AC's are underwhelming? Barring AC1 and AC4

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 05:16 PM
It was shared..Desmond and arguably Altair.

Nah, I would personally give it to Desmond. Altair at least got to share Revelations and get the rest of his story told in a very polished game (even if it was from the book).

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
So all the AC's are underwhelming? Barring AC1 and AC4

Yeah, though personally, it's me being picky. And ACII not being able to replay levels is a crime.

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
So all the AC's are underwhelming? Barring AC1 and AC4

Yes, except some are more or less underwhelming than others...AC IV so far is the only one that did not have a single disappointment for me...it's near perfect. just the stupid audio bugs :|

Assassin_M
11-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Nah, I would personally give it to Desmond. Altair at least got to share Revelations and get the rest of his story told in a very polished game (even if it was from the book).

Yeah, I guess at least Altair got a book of his own..

Toa TAK
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I guess at least Altair got a book of his own..

That, too. Connor only got the last few chapters of Forsaken.

JRD963
11-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Connor was a beast though, kinda like a Yoda with a tomahawk. Pretty cool.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Darby said Connor is too busy right now
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjLD8D7riyawMqAGunVLhiuSp2wHGkP yvkWURtOKyxEoEfwu8cbQ Better to leave him alone!

Perk89
11-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Disappointing if it comes to fruition, though it's difficult to imagine a scenario where we don't hear about his post American Revolution days. Ubi has been pretty consistent about that kind of thing.
If they really had planned this out well it'd be cool to get a Kenway mini trilogy and with the 3rd game being a sort of Revelations type deal where we get time as both Edward and Connor.

Mini spoiler here:

LOL at the Abstergo Entertainment video where Ubisoft slid in some jokes and made fun of all the people who didn't like Connor for a plethora of silly reasons after AC3. I see you Ubisoft, I see you!

BibiPrimey
04-03-2014, 02:33 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:
So there it is, they've pretty much confirmed it now, we WON'T get a Connor sequel.

There's a discussion going on on Reddit at the moment, with Ashraf, Darby etc ...

why the heck would ubisoft refuse to give the people something they want i mean its all about the gamers you have to give them what they want

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 02:39 AM
this tweet is pretty much irrelevant now considering Darby pretty much changed his mind after all the backlash.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 02:42 AM
this tweet is pretty much irrelevant now considering Darby pretty much changed his mind after all the backlash.

Agreed, not to mention how old it is. They just need the right story and time

deskp
04-03-2014, 02:57 AM

Darby doesen't matter concerning what games will get made.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Darby doesen't matter concerning what games will get made.

True. But he was the one that made that comment and a lot of people were attacking HIM for it when it's technically not his fault.

Even that Ismael guy was getting chewed out when he said he didn't really want to work on a Connor game, and everybody was like "WTF, THEN HIRE SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED*

And that turned out to be a misunderstanding because he said he loved Connor, but it was the time period he didn't want to work on.

I-Like-Pie45
04-03-2014, 05:18 AM
well you can't make it to the top of the food chain without stepping over a few in the process

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 05:21 AM
well you can't make it to the top of the food chain without stepping over a few in the process

Meaning?? :confused:

I-Like-Pie45
04-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Meaning?? :confused:

haven't you ever gone to film school

the meaning loses its impact if we have to explain it out to you

its more meaningful if you can figure out what it means by yourself

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 05:25 AM
True. But he was the one that made that comment and a lot of people were attacking HIM for it when it's technically not his fault.

Even that Ismael guy was getting chewed out when he said he didn't really want to work on a Connor game, and everybody was like "WTF, THEN HIRE SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED*

And that turned out to be a misunderstanding because he said he loved Connor, but it was the time period he didn't want to work on.

lol wish I was there to see that.

But I understand. Not much about his time period/location is sell-able after the american revolution.

Legendz54
04-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Just like when Ubisoft said after ACB "No more Ezio games after this one" then nek minit ACR comes out.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 05:37 AM
haven't you ever gone to film school

the meaning loses its impact if we have to explain it out to you

its more meaningful if you can figure out what it means by yourself

Pfft ~ Meanie. >_>

I did act in a few school plays but didn't go to school for film. Tell me, tell me, tell me..... tell me ^_^

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Just like when Ubisoft said after ACB "No more Ezio games after this one" then nek minit ACR comes out.

Now THAT I didn't know about... Had no idea they said something like that. And thus, we press on.

I-Like-Pie45
04-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Pfft ~ Meanie. >_>

I did act in a few school plays but didn't go to school for film. Tell me, tell me, tell me..... tell me ^_^

We're at war.

And Darby unintentionally drew first blood. Not us. Now he and Ashraf must deal with the fallout.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 05:46 AM
We're at war.

And Darby unintentionally drew first blood. Not us. Now he and Ashraf must deal with the fallout.

Ah.... I see. Well, they know how to make it right, don't they? :p

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 07:15 AM
If Ubisoft acknowledges Connor's birthday on their official FB Assassins Creed page like they do to other Assassins, then you can have hope knowing that they're pretty confident with him representing the franchise....if they don't acknowledge him, then they're trying to erase him from memory...distance themselves away from him....sweep it all under the rug...like Chris Benoit..

NOTE: They did not acknowledge his birthday last year (April 4th)

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 07:19 AM
ahh... well they probably don't want to acknowledge anything about AC3. *cries* Love the sig btw.

I wonder why they didn't do it last year? then again I feel I may have my answer already.

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 07:22 AM
ahh... well they probably don't want to acknowledge anything about AC3. *cries* Love the sig btw.

I wonder why they didn't do it last year? then again I feel I may have my answer already.
Ah, thank you...Kaschra made it for me 8D

Yeah, i think we have our answer...we just don't want to whisper it to ourselves....

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 07:24 AM
If Ubisoft acknowledges Connor's birthday on their official FB Assassins Creed page like they do to other Assassins, then you can have hope knowing that they're pretty confident with him representing the franchise....if they don't acknowledge him, then they're trying to erase him from memory...distance themselves away from him....sweep it all under the rug...like Chris Benoit..

NOTE: They did not acknowledge his birthday last year (April 4th)

Are you serious?! Fail.

I really hope they do because there are fans constantly tweeting them about Connor so hopefully it will send a message :)

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Connor fans only represent a small minority. :( imo. but we will see! I hope they do too! Then again when the 4th rolls around I might actually forget to check. (so basically tomorrow) haha.

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Are you serious?! Fail.

I really hope they do because there are fans constantly tweeting them about Connor so hopefully it will send a message :)
It's a fail yes but lets be honest....how many obnoxious fans will hijack the post with "Connor sucks" and "Ezio" (i'm serious, they sometimes post JUST that...yes, just "Ezio" randomly...for no reason whatsoever) comments. FB is dominated by that demographic...even more so that youtube...

Eh, they said that "Connor sequel depends on fan reaction" guy won a user voted award and his game sold the most...he has a pretty sizeable fanbase but they went around and said "oh no, we had the story planned from the start" like I said...if they don't acknowledge his birthday then that's pretty much it...they're not confident with this asset...we'll see tomorrow anyways

Assassin_M
04-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Connor fans only represent a small minority. :( imo. but we will see! I hope they do too! Then again when the 4th rolls around I might actually forget to check. (so basically tomorrow) haha.
They're not exactly a minority on FB, remember...someone can have Ezio as his/her favorite but not necessarily dislike Connor.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 07:32 AM

I don't think it's a small minority anymore. I really believe the fan base grew according to what I've seen/read. They're just not as vocal as the die hardcore ones.

It's a fail yes but lets be honest....how many obnoxious fans will hijack the post with "Connor sucks" and "Ezio" (i'm serious, they sometimes post JUST that...yes, just "Ezio" randomly...for no reason whatsoever) comments. FB is dominated by that demographic...even more so that youtube...

Eh, they said that "Connor sequel depends on fan reaction" guy won a user voted award and his game sold the most...he has a pretty sizeable fanbase but they went around and said "oh no, we had the story planned from the start" like I said...if they don't acknowledge his birthday then that's pretty much it...they're not confident with this asset...we'll see tomorrow anyways

True. The tweeters will probably send them something more or less.

And you know whats ironic? They mentioned him for his "memorable football run" during the Superbowl a couple years back LOL

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6b/87/3a/6b873ac37046d925c66a8e708d1fa0df.jpg

Templar_Az
04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
This news is like music to my ears, thanks OP

silvermercy
04-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Indeed.

Now who revived this necro thread?? O_o The tweet is beyond irrelevant now.