PDA

View Full Version : Angry Rant Which Your All AreThinking

emanz12
11-05-2013, 08:09 PM
How the hell do you have 3 previous games with multiplayer and it still ****ing sucks. I go into parties with friends and we got split up and before a game begins the match gets stuck.This is the same **** that happened on ACB, ACR, and AC3. How the **** hasn't this been fixed, if you add a multiplayer to a game make sure it ****ing works.For people who say it just came out No that excuse went out the window with the AC3. The multiplayer is glitchy and has a god awful party system that never appears to be fixed.

FruitStripeGum
11-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I COMPLETELY agree with you on the matchmaking/grouping/party/lobbying/whatever-it-is-called system. Their network programmer(s) needs to be fired. It's been plaguing the multiplayer community for several games now. There were multiple times where it took a long time to get even 2 other players into the lobby and as we're waiting for the 1 final player, it immediately splits us up -- AND guess what? The new lobby I'm in? A new player shows up.. and then this stupid vicious cycle begins again.

I've complained about it before and it just seems that they don't want to listen. It would be nice to NOT get timed-out/kicked because we were patiently waiting for other players. And how hard is it to show a LIST of available lobbies that we can join of our own choosing? They are so behind the times.

SC:BL's networking is just as terrible. It seems to me they have terrible network programmers at Ubisoft.

MIA SILENT
11-05-2013, 09:02 PM
My guess is there isn't enough people that play Multiplayer to justify them spending more money to make the online better. Then I'm probably wrong, because if that was the case you'd just scrap it entirely, no?

luckyto
11-05-2013, 09:11 PM
My guess is there isn't enough people that play Multiplayer to justify them spending more money to make the online better. Then I'm probably wrong, because if that was the case you'd just scrap it entirely, no?

The reason is the studio that runs the Multiplayer, Ubisoft Annecy along with the Game Director Damien Kierken and Designer Tim Browne. They have run a great MP into the ground in three titles. It's a complete trainwreck. It's like a horrendous slight to this title.

MIA SILENT
11-05-2013, 09:15 PM
The reason is the studio that runs the Multiplayer, Ubisoft Annecy along with the Game Director Damien Kierken and Designer Tim Browne. They have run a great MP into the ground in three titles. It's a complete trainwreck. It's like a horrendous slight to this title.

I've played every MP up until this one. Glad I gave it a miss if it's as bad as people are saying. Can't believe the matchmaking issues still haven't been fixed.

MuddledMuppet2
11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
funnily enough, FarCry 3 was let down by AWFUL matchmaking and lobby system too, a massive letdown from FC2

Maybe Ubi should look to hire a netcode team :)

Wolfmeister1010
11-06-2013, 12:24 AM
I actually wasnt thinking this, I like the MP. Does this mean I broke the thread?

Shahkulu101
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Wolf I am going to twitter at you

Wolfmeister1010
11-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Wolf I am going to twitter at you

K...

phoenix-force411
11-06-2013, 12:42 AM
The MP got worse with each game, and with each game I played less MP. ACB still has the best one while ACR is still second. The shouldn't include MP in ACV...

HiddenKiller612
11-06-2013, 03:25 AM
I only play the mp for the trophies. Though at one point in ACR I did enjoy the mp... now it's just a useless addition... atleast imo. I'd love for them to devote all resources to singleplayer... Bigger and longer games could be made.

Landruner
11-06-2013, 03:59 AM
I only play the mp for the trophies. Though at one point in ACR I did enjoy the mp... now it's just a useless addition... atleast imo. I'd love for them to devote all resources to singleplayer... Bigger and longer games could be made.

I agree with you - I got the same situation with ACB and then ACR fun and after a while, no one around and it took ages to get to play - I went on AC3, but still the same situation... I just gave up on the AC - MP and I prefer that they expand the single player instead.

SleezeRocker
11-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Yeah I can't play with friends most times either. Still surprising it's been this way since ACB :/

Flutterwhat
11-06-2013, 10:37 AM
thank goodness i have no friends to play with or this would have been a problem with me

RinoTheBouncer
11-06-2013, 11:06 AM
AC doesn’t need Multiplayer. They shouldn’t have cheapened the franchise with such move. Just because more people are gonna play, doesn’t mean it’s the right way. I’d rather pay a 100$ for DLC like ToKW than play the “free” multiplayer.

Flutterwhat
11-06-2013, 11:19 AM
i disagree there. while it doesn't need it, it does add a bit to both the AC mythos and gameplay. I love the AC MP because of it's scoring system that gives emphasis on style and trickery. besides party matchmaking issues, people who tend to run around all stabby stubby and then say "AC should have never had MP" (not accusing anyone) don't seem to get how to play the multiplayer.

Black_Widow9
11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
If you are having any technical issues with the game, you need to report them to Ubisoft Support. Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

We also have this thread for any MP Bugs/Issues- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803789
and this for MP Gameplay Feedback- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803795-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Multiplayer-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Possible-Spoilers*

Before posting again you need to read over the Rules. Any and all posts need to be constructive and without insults and that is for everyone that posted them in this thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663799-Forum-Rules