PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 On Demand

DoomerDGR8
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Hi All!

How long till the on demand version is made available? I can hardly wait! I have my xbox stashed behind my TV trolley. Saving it from my little pirate daughter. I never buy discs.

Mr_Shade
11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I will check..

DoomerDGR8
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I will check..I await eagerly

KristianRusevvv
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Yes, please Mr. Shade - give us an ETA on the digital download version of AC4 for xbox 360. I think GTA5 on demand came around the same time after relase?
Thanks

DoomerDGR8
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, please Mr. Shade - give us an ETA on the digital download version of AC4 for xbox 360. I think GTA5 on demand came around the same time after relase?
ThanksGTAV OnDemand was delayed. They first figured out the missing weird textures people had when they installed both disc on HDD. I think around 2 weeks... yes that when it came out after the retail box.

velvetassassina
11-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I await eagerly
Me too...

KristianRusevvv
11-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Well Call of Duty Ghosts is already available on demand...how come? AC is always delayed...

Mr_Shade
11-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Well Call of Duty Ghosts is already available on demand...how come? AC is always delayed...
It depends on several things tbh - most titles come retail disc first, then GoD some time later - normally a couple of weeks - appears CoD is the exception to the rule ;)

I don't have any solid news on the date guys, however it is coming, so can advise you check when your regional marketplace updates.

If I do hear a solid date, I'll get back to you :)

DoomerDGR8
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Hearing rumor about next Friday as a potential date.

Also, same thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806380-Games-On-Demand-For-Xbox-360-Release-Date

RISE A KNIGHT
11-07-2013, 04:10 PM
It depends on several things tbh - most titles come retail disc first, then GoD some time later - normally a couple of weeks - appears CoD is the exception to the rule ;)

I don't have any solid news on the date guys, however it is coming, so can advise you check when your regional marketplace updates.

If I do hear a solid date, I'll get back to you :)

Now, even more than finding out when the game is coming, I'm curious to know why Ubisoft doesn't have a solid date, a release window, or at least a statement of "we don't know when the game will be available" to keep customers informed.

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative. I would just like to understand the inner-workings a little better.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Also...is it possible the game could come out when the marketplace updates next week despite the fact that it's not listed on major nelson's marketplace content preview?

velvetassassina
11-07-2013, 08:07 PM
AC3 was available in the marketplace after five months of its physical release. I really hope this is not going to be the case with AC4.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-08-2013, 01:56 AM
AC3 was available in the marketplace after five months of its physical release. I really hope this is not going to be the case with AC4.

I'm surprised so few people actually seem to care about this. Makes it seem like interest in games on demand really is a niche. Games aren't really promoted on demand either - one would think there would be ads on the dashboard, on websites stating 'COD GHOSTS on demand at launch' weeks in advance. Or 'AC4 coming soon to on demand'. Perhaps interest in digital downloads is less than I thought.

Might have to just buy the disc online and wait for the mail.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Hearing rumor about next Friday as a potential date.

Also, same thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806380-Games-On-Demand-For-Xbox-360-Release-Date

Where did you hear this?

Thanks.

DoomerDGR8
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Where did you hear this?

Thanks.Fondling around while i wait indefinitely. By the time it comes out, there will be so many people already up in the multiplier. I mean GTA5 had an actual excuse for not coming soon due to an issue. but they still made it happen in under 10 days. I know that the Ubi digital store doesn't support Xbox. That could be the reason to not distribute on Xbox 360's store. I'm sitting here waiting with a rotting Season Pass I already purchased on Xbox.

This is disturbing.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Fondling around while i wait indefinitely. By the time it comes out, there will be so many people already up in the multiplier. I mean GTA5 had an actual excuse for not coming soon due to an issue. but they still made it happen in under 10 days. I know that the Ubi digital store doesn't support Xbox. That could be the reason to not distribute on Xbox 360's store. I'm sitting here waiting with a rotting Season Pass I already purchased on Xbox.

This is disturbing.

It just really confuses me. I know in the grand scheme it's ridiculous to complain about something like this - but it just seems odd that a company would hold off on this when it's a good way to make money. People are more likely to pay full price for a digital download in the first few weeks of release than they are three to six months later.

I found out that it's ultimately up to Microsoft to put the game up or not because they own the marketplace. The most frustrating thing is the advertisement on the marketplace. It looks so much like a link to the games on demand version of the game but it isn't. Perhaps it will come this Friday. Seems to be when some games come out on demand if they don't come Tuesday.

In the meantime I'll play WWE 2K '14.

Thanks for being the only other person who cares about this haha.

DoomerDGR8
11-13-2013, 06:59 AM
It just really confuses me. I know in the grand scheme it's ridiculous to complain about something like this - but it just seems odd that a company would hold off on this when it's a good way to make money. People are more likely to pay full price for a digital download in the first few weeks of release than they are three to six months later.

I found out that it's ultimately up to Microsoft to put the game up or not because they own the marketplace. The most frustrating thing is the advertisement on the marketplace. It looks so much like a link to the games on demand version of the game but it isn't. Perhaps it will come this Friday. Seems to be when some games come out on demand if they don't come Tuesday.

In the meantime I'll play WWE 2K '14.

Thanks for being the only other person who cares about this haha.
LOL indeed. The only disc for Xbox I have it the Kinect adventures that came with the box. I will never buy a disc and I'm willing to pay the almost same price for the digital version yet Ubi don't want me to. It's a win-win situation for Ubi yet they are bent on not-win-win-not

FilipinoNinja67
11-14-2013, 12:50 AM
I just wanted to say that I care along with the both of you. I'm getting the itch to trade in GTA for AC, then buy GTA digitally.

DoomerDGR8
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
*sob* *sob*

Another Thursday almost gone. Fri-Sat my weekend. Another weekend without AC4.

Thank 'youbi'.

RISE A KNIGHT
11-15-2013, 02:12 AM
*sob* *sob*

Another Thursday almost gone. Fri-Sat my weekend. Another weekend without AC4.

Thank 'youbi'.

Apparently it's Microsoft's fault based on what mr. shade told me. It's up to them because they own the marketplace. Maybe there's some marketing reason - at least maybe that's what their reasoning is for delaying release. One would think having it come out relatively soon would get them more money and get them what they want, but there's still an emphasis on physical sales with most games. I'm hoping for a release tomorrow or Tuesday.

DoomerDGR8
11-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Apparently it's Microsoft's fault based on what mr. shade told me. It's up to them because they own the marketplace. Maybe there's some marketing reason - at least maybe that's what their reasoning is for delaying release. One would think having it come out relatively soon would get them more money and get them what they want, but there's still an emphasis on physical sales with most games. I'm hoping for a release tomorrow or Tuesday.Highly doubt that. Makes no sense. *sob* *sob*. Two day till PC official launch.Everyone is playing ACIV but me.

Black Crow 55
11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Highly doubt that. Makes no sense. *sob* *sob*. Two day till PC official launch.Everyone is playing ACIV but me.

im not and i feel your pain. i dont want to have it on disk and i bought ac3 just to pass my time before 4 came out and now i dont know if im even going to be able to get it this week/month/millennium on the 360

RISE A KNIGHT
11-20-2013, 02:58 AM
im not and i feel your pain. i dont want to have it on disk and i bought ac3 just to pass my time before 4 came out and now i dont know if im even going to be able to get it this week/month/millennium on the 360

This is really weird that it's not available yet. Surprising more people don't seem to care. I think it will show up soon (hopefully for the black Friday sale coming on the 26th-december 3rdf). Perhaps it will show up on demand at a discounted price for a couple days. As dumb as this sounds, I could actually see Microsoft wanting to capitalize on the pun opportunity of Black Flag/Black Friday. I actually think the company is that dumb. So perhaps only one more week!

I really enjoyed AC3 (barring the present day Desmond story which became more and more convoluted each game). It's more methodical than the other games but also really goes into the motivations of the characters, attempts to create an emotional story, and I applaud Ubisoft for creating a new engine for the game (looks beautiful and gets fun once it opens up).

I bought WWE 2K 14 and Call of Duty Ghosts to pass the time haha.

NinjaKat3000
11-21-2013, 05:02 PM
its werth pointing out that the game is available to dl on ps3 so it mite be an exclusive thing?

DoomerDGR8
12-03-2013, 07:52 AM
So, that's it? Official forum and no official to give an official explanation? This is officially bull-cr@p. I've waited so long that now I'm not sure what to do with the money I wasted on the season pass for AC4 I bought so long ago.

DoomerDGR8
12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes update on the On Demand 360 games page (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Games/GamesOnDemand?SortBy=ReleaseDate)! Let's go and see... oh cr@p... it's another game's on-demand version added... that's just the 18th game after 29-Oct-2013 to go on-demand...

DoomerDGR8
12-06-2013, 06:45 PM
3 more games on-demand. That's 21 new games since AC4 disc launch. Also, season pass is valid for a season, I guess. I've lost almost one and a half month of that season.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 06:49 PM
It's called a "Season Pass" but it's valid forever.

I'm sorry about your issues, but at least know your Season Pass will always be good unless there's an issue with the code or something.

meatgrowsontree
12-11-2013, 10:37 PM
It's been quite awhile since the disc came out. Will the download be out before Christmas break?

DoomerDGR8
12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Finally!

12/17/2013... mark this date!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-IV/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308c2

Quirky Jezza
12-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I noticed it today too and thought it was new. I had to buy 2 copies of the game, 69 euro each, so that my girlfriend could play with me. I had planned on buying the download version instead but I am glad I did not now as it took 2 months to release :p