PDA

View Full Version : So, let's talk modern day stuff. Computers and what not. Spoilers.

RzaRecta357
11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Howdy all! So just have to say this game is great and restored my love for the series. I didn't lose it per say but three just didn't feel right to me. I really loved Edward though and being a major Desmond fan since the beginning I was happily surprised with the modern stuff.

So, end game spoilers ahead..

I just finished the scene with the "John" in modern time. Was awesome. I was a little hurt thinking Shaun and Rebecca and the Assassins were trying to sacrifice me to Juno for what I believed was a meat sack body to kill and be rid of her. End up so not being that and I loved it. I know I'm not finished but it was great.

Anyway, I have some questions and comments about the computer hacking.

First, Desmond talking a few times was great. I loved the Watchdogs Easter eggs and generally just love the direction they're going with Abstergo entertainment. Very cool idea. Love that Shaun and Rebecca are still here.

Don't like young Warrens voice. Which leads me to my first question... I still have like two computers to hack but is the Subject Zero stuff the basis for the cloud servers with the animus?

I was was also curious about this Otso Berner or something Templar agent. Erudite or some one keeps releasing leaked photos of him or something. Is he from a comic or something I don't know about? Setting him up for another game? I'm curious because after AC3 I kind of stopped paying attention a bit and I'm kicking myself for it now... It was like I finished the trilogy story and was a bit upset and done with it.

So curious if I missed anything somewhere. I see that initiates site but it looks daunting and confusing to figure out haha. I guess I just need patience.

The Elizabeth Wetson or Watson file was cool too. Taken from Project legacy. I wonder if they'll ever bring up the shroud or the kid that had like another being living in his head or whatever. It's been a few years and I forget. I think it was a Borgia.

Anyway, where does everyone think the modern story will go next?

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I hate Warrens younger voice, he reminds of me a real arrogant, blonde guy, that's a bad guy in a kids TV show, but which one?

Also Shaun and Rebecca never wanted to sacrifice you to Juno, they don't know about the sage or that John was one.

Farlander1991
11-05-2013, 10:45 AM
I was was also curious about this Otso Berner or something Templar agent

I think you mean Otso Berg? He's the canon character who we play as in ACB and ACR multiplayer, and who went to capture William Miles in AC3.

The_Heisenberg
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I really liked the modern stuff, bought back some mystery just like in AC2 with the glyphs.

I still have like two computers to hack but is the Subject Zero stuff the basis for the cloud servers with the animus?
Yeah, pretty much. By the end of it (tape 5) aileen dies, but warren states that her research will be very useful or something.

I thought the desmond memo's were pretty cool, although i immediately noted some inconsistencies. You can tell they wanted you to know that when clay hugged desmond, he was passing on his memories and that's how he found out about lucy. However, in AC3, desmond specifically says that Juno showed him lucy's true colors. Eh, guess they're trying to cover it up, probably got tired of us nit picking at everything.

I liked the whole thing with the sage. I'm guessing in AC3 when we found out about how Aita was used in one of the methods of salvation, his consciousness was preserved or something? not really sure how that works..

I found the market analysis of each assassin quite funny. Pretty sure he said Connors native name as "Ratataten" and ezio was pronounced pretty weird as well.

In one of the files abstergo are doing a marketing scheme to get peoples DNA, at the end it shows a picture of the blood vial.. those sneaky fellows. Also, on initiates becca and shaun managed to get 1 vial out of abstergo. Wander who's blood it is?

But I suppose this leaves us with the question as to where the modern day story will take place next. I believe this game was more a filler if anything, giving us a taste of what's to come. In my opinion, I think the next game we will see the assassin's finding out about the observatory and making there way there with the vial they stole. In the mean time, Juno becomes strong enough and manages to find a vessel and the sage is possibly reborn again (this could take 10, 100 or even 1000 years according to the bottled letters).

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I really liked the modern stuff, bought back some mystery just like in AC2 with the glyphs.

Yeah, pretty much. By the end of it (tape 5) aileen dies, but warren states that her research will be very useful or something.

I thought the desmond memo's were pretty cool, although i immediately noted some inconsistencies. You can tell they wanted you to know that when clay hugged desmond, he was passing on his memories and that's how he found out about lucy. However, in AC3, desmond specifically says that Juno showed him lucy's true colors. Eh, guess they're trying to cover it up, probably got tired of us nit picking at everything.

I liked the whole thing with the sage. I'm guessing in AC3 when we found out about how Aita was used in one of the methods of salvation, his consciousness was preserved or something? not really sure how that works..

I found the market analysis of each assassin quite funny. Pretty sure he said Connors native name as "Ratataten" and ezio was pronounced pretty weird as well.

In one of the files abstergo are doing a marketing scheme to get peoples DNA, at the end it shows a picture of the blood vial.. those sneaky fellows. Also, on initiates becca and shaun managed to get 1 vial out of abstergo. Wander who's blood it is?

But I suppose this leaves us with the question as to where the modern day story will take place next. I believe this game was more a filler if anything, giving us a taste of what's to come. In my opinion, I think the next game we will see the assassin's finding out about the observatory and making there way there with the vial they stole. In the mean time, Juno becomes strong enough and manages to find a vessel and the sage is possibly reborn again (this could take 10, 100 or even 1000 years according to the bottled letters).It was pronounced Enzio haha, Enzio's the one who knocks.

RzaRecta357
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
I hate Warrens younger voice, he reminds of me a real arrogant, blonde guy, that's a bad guy in a kids TV show, but which one?

Also Shaun and Rebecca never wanted to sacrifice you to Juno, they don't know about the sage or that John was one.

Haha i know. I said that because at the time that's what I thought and it kind of hurt even though they weren't supposed to know you. But then you find out it was all John. I think UBI may of intended that reaction. You feeling like oh I'm not Desmond and they have no problems blowing my head off with this earpiece if I narc em off.

Also hate young Warrens voice. He sounds like a b actor or just an arrogant goofball. Love the care out into it though. The guy named his friggin dog or cat after Joan of Arc... One of his ancestors whom held an artifact and no one else is allowed to delve into. How high up was he? Also, I forget the name now but did we get the real grand masters name in this game? Warren answers to a woman in one of these tapes doesn't he?

not Aileen obviously. Now that I recall she also answered to her. She couldn't of been the boss but one of the higher ups. I wonder if we'll ever see a boss Templar bigger than Warren.

On this Otso guy, how did I miss this stuff? So you're saying he was the modern day guy we played as during ACB and ACRs online mode?

Wolfmeister1010
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I have been going back and finally doing all the optional modern day stuff. does anyone know if we get any more info on Connor's life?

The_Heisenberg
11-06-2013, 01:19 AM
It was pronounced Enzio haha, Enzio's the one who knocks.

No, I'm the one who knocks

The_Heisenberg
11-06-2013, 01:21 AM
I have been going back and finally doing all the optional modern day stuff. does anyone know if we get any more info on Connor's life?

Not really, i;m pretty sure they only mention him twice when talking about haytham and the market analysis. Even then, it's only their biased opinion.

monteiro416
11-06-2013, 02:40 AM
The second I heard young Vidic's voice, I thought it sounded exactly like Mason Weems from AC3, so I looked up the voice actor (Tod Fennell) and it said he did an unannounced voice in Black Flag. I'm assuming it's Vidic's?

RzaRecta357
11-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah Conner is only in a quick video totally Templar written bringing him down. So are Altair and Ezio.

Syler99
11-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Zero is the basis for how you can interact with someone elses ancestors today. The female scientist was interacting with memeories not of her own blood which as an abstergo agent you're doing today its her work it covers what she did and how she died trying to do it. On the other end the male scientist made the animus to do precicly what Desmond did interact with his own bloodline. Now with the abstergo agent not only did they revive the female scientist's work they uses Juno as the stabilizing agent mentioned on the tapes to then allow you to hook up to the foregign dna like an animus so you have the best of both worlds essentially save for weather or not you count Juno as the best stabilizer out there. With combinging both machines into one the AC sereis can now do whatever it wants it can stay within the subjects DNA track or go off it it doesn't matter so long as Juno stabilizes it.

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Zero is the basis for how you can interact with someone elses ancestors today. The female scientist was interacting with memeories not of her own blood which as an abstergo agent you're doing today its her work it covers what she did and how she died trying to do it. On the other end the male scientist made the animus to do precicly what Desmond did interact with his own bloodline. Now with the abstergo agent not only did they revive the female scientist's work they uses Juno as the stabilizing agent mentioned on the tapes to then allow you to hook up to the foregign dna like an animus so you have the best of both worlds essentially save for weather or not you count Juno as the best stabilizer out there. With combinging both machines into one the AC sereis can now do whatever it wants it can stay within the subjects DNA track or go off it it doesn't matter so long as Juno stabilizes it.

I think I understand what you're saying.