PDA

View Full Version : The thread for EPIC (non-scripted) moments. *SPOILERS*

Knobboy
11-05-2013, 02:47 AM
This thread exists to allow each of you to share your epic moments from the game. This could be anything related to game play, but not scripted events from the story. However you feel about them, there is no need to share something that everyone will experience. There shouldn't be any spoilers! Please share your stories of glorious or funny happenings form the game.

I was getting ready to board a ship. I think it was a frigate. As always, I started out on the swivel gun while my crew grappled the ship and hauled us closer. Ordinarily, you are limited from getting you shots very high, but this time, a wave pitched my ship at just the right angle and...

I fired a cannonball at the base of a raised mast platform with a scout on it. Needless to say, he went flying through the air and into the drink. It looked... well... epic!

MIA SILENT
11-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Seeing a ship get obliterated by lightning was pretty epic. And then there's the time I saw a cat on the rooftops of Havana.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 03:22 AM
I already posted this in another thread, but I was climbing one of those platforms in the trees you see in the jungles (basically a big hunting blind) and there was a powder keg sitting on it. I threw it off and it blew up a black jaguar :p

TheDanteEX
11-05-2013, 03:26 AM
One of the islands, the name eludes me but it holds a plantation within it, was blocked by a frigate, so I parked the Jackdaw around the cliffside, away from the line of sight and swim onto the island. The ship was pretty close to the harbor I figured I'd just take them out so when I get back I won't have to worry about it. So I swim over to the frigate, dodging the canons luckily, climb up it and begin taking out the crew. Suddenly, a brig and frigate start blowing metal at one another not far away and by the time I finish with the initial frigate, the brig is stuck between a rock and the ship I was currently on and the other frigate is right behind me. So naturally, I jump onto it before it gets a chance to steer off as they do, kill the crew, and luckily make it to the brig before it got free (if it ever would have). So to conclude, I solo-boarded three ships without ever touching the water or the Jackdaw in-between and I felt awesome.

There are more stories, such as my first Man O' War boarding, but I'm sure enough people have had similar experiences.

andreG1ant
11-05-2013, 05:50 AM
I was attacking an Island fort on the west side of the map, a storm broke out, then a water spout kept buzzing around the fort in circles. I then managed to weaken the fort's defenses while simultaneously dodging a twister chasing me around the fort. The weather died down 1 minute after I took the defenses down - I was then able to take the fort in one of the most awesome post-storm scenes I have seen.

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 06:48 AM
I destroyed a ship and as it was falling part of it fell on the Jackdaw and at the same time I was running with Edward so as I was running the mast of the falling ship picked me up and threw me into the water haha.

Black_Widow9
11-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Please make sure you read this post.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802067-*IMPORTANT*-Please-read-SPOILER-WARNING-RULES!

Knobboy
11-06-2013, 12:20 AM
I was attacking an Island fort on the west side of the map, a storm broke out, then a water spout kept buzzing around the fort in circles. I then managed to weaken the fort's defenses while simultaneously dodging a twister chasing me around the fort. The weather died down 1 minute after I took the defenses down - I was then able to take the fort in one of the most awesome post-storm scenes I have seen.

I think at least one of the forts is scripted to always have a storm around it with water spouts until you take it. I had the exact same experience.

Wolfmeister1010
11-06-2013, 12:29 AM
I was playing the last part of one of the Templar hunt missions, where you tail a guard through these mayan ruins. After about 5 minutes of tailing, I finally was about to get to the part where you can kill the target, when a jaguar unscriptedly pounced and killed my tail target, causing me to fail the mission.

captin_qwark7
11-07-2013, 05:14 AM
I was playing the last part of one of the Templar hunt missions, where you tail a guard through these mayan ruins. After about 5 minutes of tailing, I finally was about to get to the part where you can kill the target, when a jaguar unscriptedly pounced and killed my tail target, causing me to fail the mission.

The EXACT same thing happened to me!

And when you have to tail the gunboat my good loyal mate Adewale sailed right past and left me to desync.