PDA

View Full Version : Can't see AC: Black Flag

Khywiss
11-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi,

Today I bought a key from someone who had received it from buying a new GPU. It was a promo code and it worked fine. But after I got the e-mail in which they tell you to download the game in Uplay, there wasn't anything in my Games-list. Is this because BF isn't out yet for PC? I thought you would be able to see your new game.

Maybe it's just my mistake or is it weird that I can't see the game?

Kind regards,
Khywiss

strigoi1958
11-05-2013, 12:14 AM
I had the same worrying thoughts when I bought Splinter cell blacklist... but as soon as the game released it turned up in my library and as soon as I clicked on it... it stated download :-) so BF will just appear in your library within 3 weeks give or take a few days. I have bought a code but I do not receive it until the day before release when it will be forwarded to me. I'd play SC blacklist to pass the time.... but Nvidia drivers ruined the game AND my uplay library..... so I can't even bear to look at it any more without the remembering the nightmare. :-(

Khywiss
11-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I had the same worrying thoughts when I bought Splinter cell blacklist... but as soon as the game released it turned up in my library and as soon as I clicked on it... it stated download :-) so BF will just appear in your library within 3 weeks give or take a few days. I have bought a code but I do not receive it until the day before release when it will be forwarded to me. I'd play SC blacklist to pass the time.... but Nvidia drivers ruined the game AND my uplay library..... so I can't even bear to look at it any more without the remembering the nightmare. :-(

Thank you, that's a relief ;)

Good luck on your problem! Maybe contact Ubisoft about it?

strigoi1958
11-05-2013, 12:37 AM
I was waiting for an email or maybe something to say I had it. I opened a ticket at Ubi support to ask what was happening and then I looked in my library and it was there... so just keep loading uplay and check your library and it will turn up :-)
As for my problem well that's Nvidia's fault... on their forum it is over run with complaints about drivers over the last 7 months but nobody can be perfect all the time, they'll get it right in the end. It caused me days of grief uninstalling the rogue driver, cleaning the registry and re-installing uplay to get my games back but SC B never ran again and I uninstalled it. It caused so much grief I don't want it any more but I cannot hide it from my library like I can in my steam library. I've bought a 2nd system just for my ubi games with an AMD 7970 so I'll be able to play AC4 one way or the other :-)

What nvidia driver 320.xx did to me (http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk)http://youtu.be/DTZ08I4vepk SC B was much worse

Mr_Shade
11-05-2013, 12:04 PM
FYI - If you redeemed the code on a site and purchased via the Ubishop [which is common for promo codes] - you will get an email with the product code and download links - on release day.

You can then activate the product in Uplay and it will appear and download [full instructions will be in the email]

Games only 'appear' in the Uplay client - when activated - or - purchased in the client directly.