PDA

View Full Version : Worth Buying? for these reasons

SilversteinPS3
11-04-2013, 11:39 PM
With all of the games coming out, do you all honestly believe this is worth $60 dollars? For me the series started getting stale after AC2 and the one after that, ac3 I could barrely get into... although this one looks great! How is the replay value, is all the side content actually fun and interesting or is it just a lot of stuff...

Also I have not really seen anyone talk about online, In the passed games I did love ac online... does it have a pretty dense online community and how is it in this game? worth playing....

Sorry if this is a non sense post, just do not want that past stale ac feeling...

RazorMonkey
11-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Well if the AC title started getting boring for you after AC2 then leave this one alone becuase all of them in my view are worth playing, getting that disillusioned early maybe means the series isnt for you.

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM
For me the $60 goes in to the fun I have playing with the game. I played on a friends and I couldn't stop. He passed the game in about four days, I took about the same time. Everything is great, the side missions only extend the pirate scene. There are contracts that tie back into the game. Its really cool, the characters, wish they had shown more assassins. But I saw one character from the dlc multiplayer, in the game so that was really neat. AS for the online portion, which I think you mean multiplayer, I didn't get a chance to play, but its beautiful from what I've seen.

SilversteinPS3
11-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Well if the AC title started getting boring for you after AC2 then leave this one alone becuase all of them in my view are worth playing, getting that disillusioned early maybe means the series isnt for you.

^not at all... but the series has not had much innovation until now... let's be honest. I have played them all except revelations. And until now there hasn't been a revamp of content

zkorejo
11-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Ohh hell yea.. Definitely worth it. I was on the same boat as you two days ago. I had not even followed the news, videos, trailers (except for the youtube ads). Assassins creed series was done for me with AC3 but all these positive reviews by critics and forum members all over made me buy it and I thank them for it. I just cant stop playing this beautiful game. This is the biggest Assassins Creed till date (map wise and content wise) the world is HUGE and is full of things to do. Anyone not buying this is missing out on a great game IMO.

Great looking, awesome gameplay, full of side missions and pretty interesting storyline (so far). Edward is already my second favourite protagonist in the series and I'm not even halfway through the storyline. This should have been Assassins Creed 3 with all its hype.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 12:10 AM
^not at all... but the series has not had much innovation until now... let's be honest. I have played them all except revelations. And until now there hasn't been a revamp of content

It's TOTALLY different from AC2. Every major gameplay system has been revamped. Combat, free-running, upgrading, naval warfare obviously... "Stale" is not a word which describes AC4. It honestly has more in-game content than any other major title I can think of besides GTA, and IMO AC4 has a high percentage of side content that's actually more fun than GTA's.

If you're worried about not getting your money's worth... don't be.

Krayus Korianis
11-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Honestly, all the AC games were good. IT continued the story, which is what you PAY for. AC IV: Black Flag is no different, it continues the story and the ending, you will NOT believe. Replay value is great, I have yet to fully upgrade the Jackdaw (Edward's ship) as well as get everything in the game. I'm continuously upgrading as I can, just earlier I upgraded the Jackdaw's hull to max or near max. I can't remember. Either way, after it is all upgraded, it'll be a destroyer ship o_O That in itself will be most fun, taking out ships with one broadside of heavy shot, I already do that with lower level ships already. It's great lol.

There's some things in the game that actually has replay value to where you go and do'em all over again for their loot. This game is just awesome really.

RazorMonkey
11-05-2013, 12:58 AM
Ohh hell yea.. Definitely worth it. I was on the same boat as you two days ago. I had not even followed the news, videos, trailers (except for the youtube ads). Assassins creed series was done for me with AC3 but all these positive reviews by critics and forum members all over made me buy it and I thank them for it. I just cant stop playing this beautiful game. This is the biggest Assassins Creed till date (map wise and content wise) the world is HUGE and is full of things to do. Anyone not buying this is missing out on a great game IMO.

. LOL yeah, first day or so I was like.. srsly, wtf ?? Same this same that, whys this not doing that whys this not happening now? After you get into it more the more understanding you are of it and the more awesome it is.

phoenix-force411
11-05-2013, 03:31 AM
You just gotta invest more time in it to get more involved...every AC feels that way...