PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed 4 - is the Assassin Creed we know and love? *SPOILERS*

mboy89
11-04-2013, 10:32 PM
This Assassins Creed has really disappointed me. Its like its a different game. These naval missions are doing my nut in. I thought Assassins Creed 3 was bad. Assassins Creed 1 and 2 were the best, why did they have to go and but boats and ships and all this rubbish into the game!!

One of the naval missions, early in the game, you have to destroy a fort that shoots mortars and normal heavy shots. As you're trying to destroy it, you got about 5 other ships attacking you at the same time, plus, you have to avoid the target zone of the enemy mortars otherwise you take heavy damage, PLUS, when you kill those ship, more ships respawn very close to you.

Now considering you are early in the game, you haven't upgraded your boat that much, and the slow speed of the movement of the boat, how are you supposed to manouvre past this? I managed to do it, but I died about 10 times!! when I had destroyed the enemy fort so it had little life left, all of a sudden, all out non-stop fire from the enemy ships AND the fort. Its like the game didn't like that I was doing so well so it decided to just kill me of swiftly!!

This may sound like a stupid rant, but I was hoping that they would stray away from these ridicuolous naval missions, and go back to the assassins creeds that had riding horses, proper missions were you have to kill important bosses you are tied into the story of Desmond. But no, we've go this new guy who works at a cubicle and puts on a headset then goes into the animus through the headset!! I mean, COME ON NOW!!!!

I will finish this game reluctantly, but please Ubisoft, or whoever is in charge of making this game, STOP THE NAVAL MISSION IN ASSASSINS CREED!!! JUST STOP IT!! I DONT WANNA RIDE ANY BOATS! I WANT TO RIDE THE HORSES AROUND AND IN THE TOWNS AND PLAY PROPER MISSIONS TO KILL BOSSES!! PLLLLEEAAASSEEE

daftPirate
11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
You're probably in the minority, there, mboy. I don't have any data to show it about AC4, but naval combat was one of the most popular aspects of AC3 and tons of people love it even more now. More bosses would be cool, though. I don't know what early game mission you're talking about. It sounds like what you want is Assassin's Creed 1.4, which is kind of unreasonable. If they want the stories to advance through the history of templars and assassins, they can't ignore the changes and innovations of the times.

jabulaniman
11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
I think it's the best game in the series-infact-best game of all tile for me, coming from someone who owns almost all the big titles. And a lot of critics somewhat agree. I did enjoy AC2 but I think it's often a case of nostalgia? It's the same with World of Warcraft, gameplay-wise the latest expansion is the best but a lot of people would like to go back to Vanilla (the first) and TBC (the second) due to nostalgia. Similarities, eh?

Im getting offtrack here. I also dont know what mission you are talking about-are you sure it was a mandatory main mission?
And uh-don't whine when something is a little bit hard. The game is designed to be fun but there should be some difficulty here are there aswell. Use tactics, stay at a greater distance from the base so you can avoid mortar fire while picking off the ships one by one.

On AC4: the game is huge and very detailed, so much fun stuff to do, beautiful carribean landscapes, exploring uninhabited islands, awesome pirate towns like Nassau or Havanah...

I actually think the game went back a bit to how AC2-ACB was, which is great. Gameplay is fantastic.

EaglePrince25
11-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I thought the numerous ships attacking you during a siege on a fort made things interesting and required you to put more planning into your overall attack. That being said, naval combat in AC3 sucked and bored me to death. I dreaded those missions. in Black Flag however they've really improved every aspect of it, making it clear AC3 was a test run.

JamesIubelt
11-04-2013, 11:36 PM
I sort of agree with you and I was actually quite disappointed in the game myself. In my opinion, the graphics really weren't that great, and step down from Assassin's creed III. The environment was definitely beautiful, but the graphics seemed very grainy. The combat system was atrocious, and even worse when boarding other ships. It seemed so laggy as I would stumble over my crew mates and get stabbed in the back by uncounterable enemies. There was a lack of weapon variety, and the finishing kills moves quickly became too repetitive. The creators were also bragging about one single map that required no loading screens when exploring unless of course you are fast traveling. That however was a lie because you have to go through loading screens when entering major cities. I don't really have a problem with loading screens, but why brag about something that isn't true? I also agree that the game has changed considerably. It doesn't seem like the previous games and Edward was never a true assassin throughout the entire game, he just stole the outfit. I wasn't too fond of the armor in the game either. I thought the first person character was stupid, but the information I got from hacking the computers was cool. I actually enjoyed the ship battles and had little difficulty winning them. Traveling doesn't get too frustrating as long as you have fast travel points available. The game had its ups and downs, but according to most, it was a very enjoyable game.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
I must be weird but I found the combat more fluid in ACB and ACR.

Krayus Korianis
11-04-2013, 11:43 PM
I LOVE Black Flag. Simply because I'm a damned badass filled with awesome badassery. o_O I actually had NO problems at all in combat and I also passed the missions where the Jackdaw had to be upgraded more and I didn't upgrade it lol.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
I LOVE Black Flag. Simply because I'm a damned badass filled with awesome badassery. o_O I actually had NO problems at all in combat and I also passed the missions where the Jackdaw had to be upgraded more and I didn't upgrade it lol.

I don't think the missions that told you to upgrade the ship were that hard, TBH. Now, the hard forts and legendary ships however... you will be PULVERIZED if you haven't upgraded the Jackdaw.

JamesIubelt
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I completely agree. In brotherhood, they introduced chained attacks which was amazing and you could easily counter in the process. I thought the combat was most fluid however, in ac3. If there was a tough opponent, you could simply kill them with rope darts and guns.

xx-pyro
11-05-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't think the missions that told you to upgrade the ship were that hard, TBH. Now, the hard forts and legendary ships however... you will be PULVERIZED if you haven't upgraded the Jackdaw.

It was tough but I managed to beat all the forts with a pretty much unupgraded Jackdaw, however I got 1 hit by the legendary ships :nonchalance:

Gazzaho
11-05-2013, 01:30 AM
I didn't progress the story or go near forts until I had the Jackdaw well upgraded, I just hunted bigger ships 'till I could get enough for decent armour and all round firepower. You will have to sneak around some places and stay outside the Really big ship detection ranges. Once you get some upgrades you can take forts out while dealing with a few ships at the same time. My biggest annoyance is the hand combat, it doesn't fell as smooth as previous games and stealth missions early on can be a real pain.

From the start I knew the emphases was going to be on ship warfare, I mean playing a pirate pretty much sums it up. I'm enjoying this one better than AC3 though, one thing I do find strange is the weapons, you can get throwing knives but can't buy them, so far I've picked up 2 and I'm 50% or so through the story with most of the map locations revealed! what's that about?

xx-pyro
11-05-2013, 02:27 AM
I didn't progress the story or go near forts until I had the Jackdaw well upgraded, I just hunted bigger ships 'till I could get enough for decent armour and all round firepower. You will have to sneak around some places and stay outside the Really big ship detection ranges. Once you get some upgrades you can take forts out while dealing with a few ships at the same time. My biggest annoyance is the hand combat, it doesn't fell as smooth as previous games and stealth missions early on can be a real pain.

From the start I knew the emphases was going to be on ship warfare, I mean playing a pirate pretty much sums it up. I'm enjoying this one better than AC3 though, one thing I do find strange is the weapons, you can get throwing knives but can't buy them, so far I've picked up 2 and I'm 50% or so through the story with most of the map locations revealed! what's that about?

I think it's so you don't get an insta-win long range weapon like we have had for the past AC games. Throwing knives, crossbows, bows, etc.

In AC4 there is a blowpipe that incapacitates enemies but it doesn't kill them, which I like a lot because it emphasizes stealth a lot more in my opinion, instead of just slamming away guard with your crossbow or bow.

Gazzaho
11-05-2013, 03:49 AM
I think it's so you don't get an insta-win long range weapon like we have had for the past AC games. Throwing knives, crossbows, bows, etc.

In AC4 there is a blowpipe that incapacitates enemies but it doesn't kill them, which I like a lot because it emphasizes stealth a lot more in my opinion, instead of just slamming away guard with your crossbow or bow.

Yeah but the knives are a bit redundant, aren't they? You get the guns quickly and you can do pretty much, with them what you can with the knives although guns are a lot louder, the only mission where I saw a throwing knife used was the first, I think Templar hunt, where Opia used one to kill in the hunting challenge, I used the first knife there too to try it. As for the blowpipe, it does work similar to the poison weapons in previous games although you are right, I do like the time constraint imposed by the "stun" dart, but again the berserk dart is more effective if somewhat unpredictable.