PDA

View Full Version : RARE FOOTAGE! Two enemies attack at once shock horror!

MuddledMuppet2
11-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Jokey headline apart, it's a shame we don't see enemies attacking two at a time like in AC3, the animations are soooo sexy!

Anyhoo, this video shows me getting the Mayan outfit and trying it on, with some sneaky Assination followed by me deciding to kick the bejabus out of them all anyway, at which point we'll see the legendary Two Enemies Attack :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2jewEjPOf0

EVA Spartan 317
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah! Badass! I wish we can have these mor often! :p
I see you have the same stealthy way for contracts as me! ;)

Anyway thanks for this!

MuddledMuppet2
11-04-2013, 08:08 PM
no sir, thanks for comment!

I do like to mix up my contracts, sometime stealthy, sometimes balls to the wall, all adds to the fun :)

Edit: totally random comment here, but my local football team is called Blyth Spartans :)

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Said it before but, maybe the combat AI is limited because of current-gen consoles and in next-gen we'll see more of everything, including this.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Said it before but, maybe the combat AI is limited because of current-gen consoles and in next-gen we'll see more of everything, including this.

The combat AI was better in AC3; also a current-gen game.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 09:10 PM
The combat AI was better in AC3; also a current-gen game.

Riiiight, but AC3 also didn't have a whole ocean map loaded. AC4 has a lot of other things on it's plate that AC3 didn't. Which is why I said it will most likely be better on next-gen, since it can handle everything much better and handle more of it.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Riiiight, but AC3 also didn't have a whole ocean map loaded. AC4 has a lot of other things on it's plate that AC3 didn't. Which is why I said it will most likely be better on next-gen, since it can handle everything much better and handle more of it.

there will be no gameplay difference between next and current gen, confirmed the devs, so you're wrong.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 09:14 PM

So you think they're gonna reprogramme the enemy AI for next-gen? Riiiiiight.

Farlander1991
11-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Riiiight, but AC3 also didn't have a whole ocean map loaded.

Uhm, actually, loading ocean maps is kinda easier to implement than land maps, since a lot of them is just that - water (heck, that's why the cities still have loading screens in AC4, which is due to limitation of current-gen, but it shows the point :) )

And islands themselves start to load up only when we get to a certain distance from them because there's no point in loading all of them from the get go (and distance is most likely different for different types of islands, depending on the size).

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 09:16 PM
So you think they're gonna reprogramme the enemy AI for next-gen? Riiiiiight.

No, not at all. The current gen combat AI could have small limitations put on it though so that they can possibly fit more enemies on screen or whatever the reason is, I'm not a game developer. Memory is still an issue with these current-gen games. It still makes sense. Maybe we should just wait a couple weeks and see.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 09:19 PM
No, not at all. The current gen combat AI could have small limitations put on it though so that they can possibly fit more enemies on screen or whatever the reason is, I'm not a game developer. Memory is still an issue with these current-gen games. It still makes sense. Maybe we should just wait a couple weeks and see.

Well I'm not quite sure what you're expecting, but you might be disappointed. The game will look more visually impressive with less frame-rate issues, but that's all.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Well I'm not quite sure what you're expecting, but you might be disappointed. The game will look more visually impressive with less frame-rate issues, but that's all.

Well those aren't the only things new hardware can do, but you could still be right considering it's a multi-platform released game. Still, just trying to provide some possible answers here. Seems pretty likely to me. :/

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Well those aren't the only things new hardware can do, but you could still be right considering it's a multi-platform released game. Still, just trying to provide some possible answers here. Seems pretty likely to me. :/

Yup. If the devs didn't already say that next-gen would only be visual upgrades I might have agreed with you.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2013, 09:37 PM

Batman Arkham's programmers might be geniuses then because this scenario happens a lot in that game and the enemies attack a lot faster as well, in many occasions you're also outnumbered by many more enemies than any AC game I can remember, all on current-gen...

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Batman Arkham's programmers might be geniuses then because this scenario happens a lot in that game and the enemies attack a lot faster as well, in many occasions you're also outnumbered by many more enemies than any AC game I can remember, all on current-gen...

That game does have a very nice combat system. I just didn't want to buy Origins because I'm getting next-gen in a few weeks and I'd want a 60$ game longer than that. Plus it's the same exact game as City but with a larger city.

And maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to the thing about the AC4 combat, who knows. Just some thoughts.

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 11:20 PM
if you take your time and use counter throw eventually you should get a double counter kill. but you have to take your time, I wish I could upload some footage, as I have had the best of luck to get two counter kills while playing on my friends. I sold my 360 the other week to get the PS4

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Double counters are rare in natural combat, but you can force them to happen in just about any fight with more than three or four enemies if you really want to see the animations. Just stand there and counter their attacks, but don't hit any other button when it goes into slow-motion. Just let the counter window come and go. You'll have to counter a ton of attacks, but if you don't kill any of them, you should get a double attack within a minute.

MuddledMuppet2
11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Double counters are rare in natural combat, but you can force them to happen in just about any fight with more than three or four enemies if you really want to see the animations. Just stand there and counter their attacks, but don't hit any other button when it goes into slow-motion. Just let the counter window come and go. You'll have to counter a ton of attacks, but if you don't kill any of them, you should get a double attack within a minute.

In reality tho who would want to deliberately force a fight to last longer just to increase the possibilty of it happening? It would massively slow down the flow of what is after all a free flowing game

Toa TAK
11-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Damn that was awesome. Wish it happened as often as it did in III.

apresmode
11-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah that looked pretty damn great. I do wish that it would happen a little more often, and that there would be a greater variety of weapons to pull off cool combos with. Maybe in a couple games they'll catch up. It would be nice to see a consolidation of the teams that work on AC to put all the ideas from previous games together. Make them more cohesive.

FruitStripeGum
11-05-2013, 06:19 PM
"It's going to happen, *****es" LOL oh god. Okay... you got my subscription. I didn't really care so much about the content of the video but I like your humor. You better not disappoint!

MuddledMuppet2
11-05-2013, 08:10 PM
"It's going to happen, *****es" LOL oh god. Okay... you got my subscription. I didn't really care so much about the content of the video but I like your humor. You better not disappoint!

aww c'mon man now the pressure is on! thanks for watching and subscribing :)

btw I just realised that something else happens I hadn't noticed too much, where edward goes through the house sliding over a table, dunno if that's happened much for others?

MuddledMuppet2
11-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Damn that was awesome. Wish it happened as often as it did in III.

Yeah that looked pretty damn great. I do wish that it would happen a little more often, and that there would be a greater variety of weapons to pull off cool combos with. Maybe in a couple games they'll catch up. It would be nice to see a consolidation of the teams that work on AC to put all the ideas from previous games together. Make them more cohesive.

Totally agree with you guys, it DOES look awesome, seems a shame to have it prgrammed in and the hard work of doing the animations, yet it gets seen so rarely