PDA

View Full Version : We need buttons for the hood and crouching.

Evenesque
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Seriously, its my biggest issue with the franchise. Let me crouch and let me put my hood up or down when I want to. It would just make more sense and I would feel just that much cooler if I could. It feels weird standing upright in restricted areas when there are no citizens around. And full sprinting, let alone walking, between bushes has felt odd since the last game.

Also, please let us select whether to dual wield or use one of our swords. You have an entire animation suite for a single sword (pretty sure it's haytham's too) that we almost never use because we don't go around picking up swords or bare-hand disarming people when we're fighting.

Evenesque
11-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Nobody cares, or has anything to say? It's not even a hard thing to implement. It uses things that already happen in the game. Really small things at that.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 02:08 AM
I'd be cool with a hood button (though I'm pretty OK with the dynamic function in AC4) but I seriously have no idea why people insist on crouching all the time. Moving between bushes, well, okay, it looks a little weird to stand up straight after getting out, but it would look just as weird if he was in full crouch mode randomly walking through an open area. And it's not like there's a bunch of low cover to hide behind. Wall cover is enough. If anything, we need a new character animation that's sort of hunkered-down, but not really crouching that's contextual to restricted areas. Think stealth mode animations from GTA5. It looks strange that you just stroll around casually in restricted zones, but crouching wouldn't help that.

xx-pyro
11-05-2013, 02:28 AM
I wouldn't mind a hood button because it's optional, but I don't want it. A crouch button has literally no use or function so I'm against that.

acbrother17
11-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Note i havent got the game yet, but ill just voice my option. About the hood, a button would be nice, but so far in AC games i havent been bother by it, but if its something like the hood is off after the campaign of the game, then that would frustrate me. if not im find with the contextual hood taking off and putting on. With the crouch, i honestly see no need for a crouch button, because just like some people have already stated it would just look weird that your crouching in social areas, but i would still want to see crouch in the game, that is why i was excited when they add contextual crouching when you could have stayed crouch after you leave a stalking zone and seen in the E3 demo and another demo. But when i found out it was remove i got sad and motherf*$!ing pissed! I hope they could add it back in a patch or hopefully implement it in the next game, but i really would love if they add it in AC4 as a patch. Cause they suppose to still have the animation and code right, if that they didnt delete or remove it completely.

AdamPearce
11-05-2013, 05:39 AM
I agree for the crouch button, they really need to ad this feature in the game. I think the hodd should always be up, never down.

Black_Widow9
11-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Nobody cares, or has anything to say? It's not even a hard thing to implement. It uses things that already happen in the game. Really small things at that.
If you do a search in the Forums you will find Topics about both which is probably why no one replied. ;)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/795510-Assassin-hood?highlight=hood

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802212-Crouching-is-GONE-in-ACIV?highlight=crouching

Please use those and the feedback thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

Thanks