PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubi, I Beg You For Another Edward Game! *SPOILERS*

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
As the title says...

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I wish, too, but...

they went ahead and published Forsaken... I wish they could retcon the whole death thing... Right now a new Edward game would need to cover beyond that time-point to feel complete... And it would probably need to take place in London... not in the sea.

I think it'd be too much work to retcon everything in that book...

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
No.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/345/8/f/connor_smiling____by_krystalrose87-d5ns1io.png

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 05:25 PM
No.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/345/8/f/connor_smiling____by_krystalrose87-d5ns1io.png

LOL! Connor says naah...

(Hey Pie, I will make you that sig eventually, in this century, don't worry! :p)

poptartz20
11-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I wish, too, but...

they went ahead and published Forsaken... I wish they could retcon the whole death thing... Right now a new Edward game would need to cover beyond that time-point to feel complete... And it would probably need to take place in London... not in the sea.

I think it'd be too much work to retcon everything in that book...

Umm... also that would change Haytham's outcome don't you think?

I mean The attack on the house might have still happened, but at the same time Haytham would have found out the truth on his 10th birthday and would have went on the correct path. so to speak.

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Umm... also that would change Haytham's outcome don't you think?

I mean The attack on the house might have still happened, but at the same time Haytham would have found out the truth on his 10th birthday and would have went on the correct path. so to speak.

Yeah... they would have to change everything we know about Haytham's childhood or find a plot-twist excuse about that such as the Apple having some kind of mind-altering effect...

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm sure the book's great... But I wish it was never made. It puts a downer on things, let's just say that.

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sure the book's great... But I wish it was never made. It puts a downer on things, let's just say that.
Totally!!!

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I love the book

it reduces the chances of seeing Edward again and increases the chances of seeing Connor or what's her name from Embers again

pirate1802
11-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Careful what you wish for son, before you know it Forsaken has been retconned out of existence and you have 5 more Edward games..

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Careful what you wish for son, before you know it Forsaken has been retconned out of existence and you have 5 more Edward games..

I just want a Connor game. :(

Or an Adewale game - now there's a thought...

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2013, 06:27 PM
I have all the novels on my iPad. Got em from the iTunes store and I think regardless of knowing someone’s fate, there can still be games made to take place in between or even pull a Tyranny of King Washington twist and give us an alternate reality thing. Edwards as a PERFECT character and the moment the credits rolled, I was like “THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST 2 MORE GAMES!” because we knew next to nothing from the game.

pirate1802
11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Get in line. My HAYTHAM game comes first!!!

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Get in line. My HAYTHAM game comes first!!!
Shouldn’t Assassins have a higher priority?

Klagermeister
11-04-2013, 06:56 PM
NO. Edward's story was perfect.
It had a clear beginning, a clear end, and was ultimately satisfying, with the only true "ending" this series has ever given a character in their own game.
Altair only got his ending during a Revelations sidestory, Ezio's in an animated short, and Connor never got one.

I'll be damned if sequeling the hell out of it ruins that for me.

guardian_titan
11-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Doing a prequel (of sorts) is always hard since you don't have as much freedom in regards to events, but in a way, it can be easier because you already know where you're going. It's not the destination, it's the journey. We know Edward's ultimate fate. We just don't know how he got there. We know part of the story, but there's clearly more to it much like there's more to Haytham and Connor that has yet to be revealed. Would be a shame to shelve all 3 for someone new and leave so many questions unanswered. Ubisoft gave us a cake but only let us take a bite before taking it away. We got to see how Altair and Ezio ended (even though Ezio's ending was in a movie). The Kenways should get the same closure even if it is in a movie, too.

If there was a follow up game to Edward, what do you think it'd be over? I'm looking at events for 1722-1735 and not really finding much. Edward has to be in England around 1724-1725 to marry Tessa and have Haytham then also be back in England for Haytham's birthday in 1733 for an event in Forsaken as well as in London in 1735 for his finale. So you're effectively looking at 1726-1732. Haytham idolized his father so I'd suspect Edward didn't travel too far from home or wasn't gone for too long if/when he did leave. So with those restrictions, what do you think Edward could do in those years? We know he got the Precursor book in that time frame so that's certainly a topic of HOW he got it. There's also the fact that:
Edward wasn't an assassin at the end of AC4 so he must have joined later ... or that begs the question what he was really training Haytham for.
There's room for a sequel certainly. Question is what it'd be over. The Precursor book's obviously the prize at the end.

Plausible events:
1727 - 1729 -> Anglo-Spanish War - Gives reason for Edward to go to Spain despite the war being a stalemate. Book could be hidden there or nearby. Maybe a Templar sneaks the book out of the country and eventually ends up in the hands of Woodes Rogers in Nassau. Which leads to
1732 -> Woodes Rogers dies in Nassau so begs the question if Edward tries for round 2 or if it's someone else's doing ... or natural causes.

Anything else takes Edward too far from home (China, Russia, Turkey) for far too long. I very much doubt Edward would want to abandon Tessa and Haytham and have a repeat of Caroline and Jenny.

Certainly more useful to state what you want in a sequel rather than just saying you want one. So what do you think the Edward sequel would entail keeping in mind known events regarding AC4, Forsaken, and AC3? Since we don't have the tie-in novel for AC4 yet, can't really include that, but that should also be kept in mind. We know how Edward's story ends. What path do you want him to take to reach it?

ze_topazio
11-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Turns out Edward survives, he changes his names to Ed-Hard and joins a crew of Barbary pirates, terrorizing the mediterranean like he terrorized the Caribbeans.

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Doing a prequel (of sorts) is always hard since you don't have as much freedom in regards to events, but in a way, it can be easier because you already know where you're going. It's not the destination, it's the journey. We know Edward's ultimate fate. We just don't know how he got there. We know part of the story, but there's clearly more to it much like there's more to Haytham and Connor that has yet to be revealed. Would be a shame to shelve all 3 for someone new and leave so many questions unanswered. Ubisoft gave us a cake but only let us take a bite before taking it away. We got to see how Altair and Ezio ended (even though Ezio's ending was in a movie). The Kenways should get the same closure even if it is in a movie, too.

If there was a follow up game to Edward, what do you think it'd be over? I'm looking at events for 1722-1735 and not really finding much. Edward has to be in England around 1724-1725 to marry Tessa and have Haytham then also be back in England for Haytham's birthday in 1733 for an event in Forsaken as well as in London in 1735 for his finale. So you're effectively looking at 1726-1732. Haytham idolized his father so I'd suspect Edward didn't travel too far from home or wasn't gone for too long if/when he did leave. So with those restrictions, what do you think Edward could do in those years? We know he got the Precursor book in that time frame so that's certainly a topic of HOW he got it. There's also the fact that:
Edward wasn't an assassin at the end of AC4 so he must have joined later ... or that begs the question what he was really training Haytham for.
There's room for a sequel certainly. Question is what it'd be over. The Precursor book's obviously the prize at the end.

Plausible events:
1727 - 1729 -> Anglo-Spanish War - Gives reason for Edward to go to Spain despite the war being a stalemate. Book could be hidden there or nearby. Maybe a Templar sneaks the book out of the country and eventually ends up in the hands of Woodes Rogers in Nassau. Which leads to
1732 -> Woodes Rogers dies in Nassau so begs the question if Edward tries for round 2 or if it's someone else's doing ... or natural causes.

Anything else takes Edward too far from home (China, Russia, Turkey) for far too long. I very much doubt Edward would want to abandon Tessa and Haytham and have a repeat of Caroline and Jenny.

Certainly more useful to state what you want in a sequel rather than just saying you want one. So what do you think the Edward sequel would entail keeping in mind known events regarding AC4, Forsaken, and AC3? Since we don't have the tie-in novel for AC4 yet, can't really include that, but that should also be kept in mind. We know how Edward's story ends. What path do you want him to take to reach it?

I agree with you. It’s a bit confusing because there have been so many gaps unlike with Ezio whose life was full of Assassins Creed-related adventures. However, I think we might have a game that mixes all three. Edward, Haytham and Connor even though I still want a game all about Edward, now in the Creed. I think the name ACIV: Black Flag gives room to make another ACIV subtitled “Creed” for example IV because it has Edward but a different slogan which has to do with which part of his life.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I Love Edward's character but they really should have a new setting for the next game

lothario-da-be
11-04-2013, 07:24 PM
No.
This!!! I want a Connor sequel! His story has much more potential. We already have the ac black flag novel and forsaken that tell more of Edward's story.

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 07:30 PM
In the first sequel we follow the adventures of Edward as he tries to sell his pirated booty on ebay and his troubles with the law and the Templar side of the police.

This!!! I want a Connor sequel! His story has much more potential. We already have the ac black flag novel and forsaken that tell more of Edward's story.
Oh God, yes please!!!! I will kiss Ubi's feet and throw rose petals on their path every time they step out of their house. (And love letters from jail since they will probably arrest me for stalking).

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 07:30 PM
It has the potential to bore us to death again.

lothario-da-be
11-04-2013, 07:32 PM
It has the potential to bore us to death again.
Eum NO.

GotFall
11-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Eum NO.

Didn't you see the Abstergo video! Connor is boring and isn't marketable!

RinoTheBouncer
11-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I guess creating ACIV: Generations would solve it, starring Edward, Haytham and Connor. Filling all the gaps.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
-SPOILERS!

spoilers, you imbecile

lothario-da-be
11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I guess creating ACIV: Generations would solve it, starring Edward, Haytham and Connor. Filling all the gaps.
THIS, you found the solution to all problems.

ze_topazio
11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Assassin's Creed Campaign, Connor decides to run for the Presidency of the United States of America, includes great missions like making public speeches, kissing babies and old ladies, hand out papers, distribution of pens, pins and Tomahaws, remove George Washington posters, spread lies about Washington, etc..., Washington joins the Templars to fight Connor.

Vote Connor, for a better, Templar free, future.

BlizzKrut
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I think Edward is fine with just 1 game, if Forsaken didn't exist, it would be other story but it fits Edward, also, he didn't lived that much, he died at 43, not saying he didn't had much between the game's date and his death date but still, I maintain my opinion of thinking he's fine with this game.
I don't like to be that guy but I think Connor should have something next to wrap up his story a bit more.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't like to be that guy but I think Connor should have something next to wrap up his story a bit more.

the guy didn't even get a novel of his own. I actually don't like connor, but so far, he's been given the worst treatment by ubisoft. he was basically crapped on. I wouldn't mind one more game - or at least an Altair in Revelations treatment.

Layytez
11-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I think Connor got robbed. Haytham got a book and half a game, Edward got a whole game and a little from a book while Connor just got half a game.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 08:02 PM
I think Connor got robbed. Haytham got a book and half a game, Edward got a whole game and a little from a book while Connor just got half a game.

and edward still has his full novel

lothario-da-be
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Another reason why we need a Connor sequel!

silvermercy
11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
yup. There's one coming (or already out, not sure) about his childhood I think? So full game and two novels with him...

Man... Connor got the poo-poo treatment indeed.

DinoSteve1
There will probably be a book about Connor eventually, but I think Ubi woudn't roll the dice on another Connor game, AC3 is the least favourite game in the AC series for alot of people.

DisbandedBox359
Edward was so awesome definitely deserves it, felt the same for Connor last year so If I can get a half and half I'll be happy

DisbandedBox359
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM

Has anyone read the book yet?

Layytez
11-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Either they make another Connor game or they don't touch the Kenway family again.

ze_topazio
11-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Eventually more info about Connor will be revealed, just look at Altair, he only got one full game and yet we know his entire life story.

poptartz20
11-04-2013, 08:19 PM
My only concern is now that after playing AC4 (for those of you that have) would you want to go back to a Connor game?

or would you like to to go back to a "re-invented" Connor game. same concept as AC4 with all the things to do. and essentially "changing" Connor to be more... likable?

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
and essentially "changing" Connor to be more... likable?

nope. i want to explore the connor we saw at the end of ac3. the matured, wise and more calm young man.

let each protagonist be his/her own person.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Seen all I need from Connor and Edward. Enjoyed both of their stories. Time to head back East!

ACfan443
11-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't. Seeing his character progression and life in AC4:BF was enough to leave me satisfied. He was great protagonist (barring being an assassin), and I don't want the impact his narrative left to be diluted by a series of character milking sequels.

I-Like-Pie45
11-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Didn't you see the Abstergo video! Connor is boring and isn't marketable!
I hope you realize the Market Analysis videos were parodies.

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 06:28 AM
It has the potential to bore us to death again.Hahaha

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 06:33 AM
I hope you realize the Market Analysis videos were parodies.

I chuckled when he butchered Altair's name. Al Tare ibn Lad, lol :p

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 06:43 AM
I chuckled when he butchered Altair's name. Al Tare ibn Lad, lol :pAnd how he kept calling Ezio, Enzio haha

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 06:50 AM
And how he kept calling Ezio, Enzio haha

Hmm, didn't know there was an Ezio tape. Must have missed that one. Time to hack some more computers...

I-Like-Pie45
11-05-2013, 06:51 AM
I think Ahmet's ghost wrote the Ezio one.

Abbas' ghost wrote Altair

Haytham's ghost wrote Connor

Legendz54
11-05-2013, 08:44 AM
I would love a sequel from 1725 up until Edward's death in 1735 covering how he brought up Haytham, how he met reginald etc but i dont think they will do it... The game ends on a happy note with Edward raising his family in England.. and we know what happens in the end, they wont show it to us..

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I would love a sequel from 1725 up until Edward's death in 1735 covering how he brought up Haytham, how he met reginald etc but i dont think they will do it... The game ends on a happy note with Edward raising his family in England.. and we know what happens in the end, they wont show it to us..That would be so boring though. As you said they wont do it, I think a Connor sequel is next followed by huge jump in time somewhere.

Legendz54
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM
That would be so boring though. As you said they wont do it, I think a Connor sequel is next followed by huge jump in time somewhere.

I just hope they dont listen to the people who constantly rant about Connor saying he is boring and dull and they see past that. I would love for another Connor game to finish off the kenway saga but if not then a massive jump back would be nice.

This is how it would be in order.... Start with Haytham, then go to Connor, then Edward explains the origins of the Kenways, then the kenway saga is finished with Connor.

Haytham>Connor>Edward>Connor

roostersrule2
11-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I just hope they dont listen to the people who constantly rant about Connor saying he is boring and dull and they see past that. I would love for another Connor game to finish off the kenway saga but if not then a massive jump back would be nice.

This is how it would be in order.... Start with Haytham, then go to Connor, then Edward explains the origins of the Kenways, then the kenway saga is finished with Connor.

Haytham>Connor>Edward>ConnorIndeed, if they continue his story they better not change his character.

Sickull
11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Rather than make another Edward game I would like if they continued the idea of an assassin who has a second identity.

Sushiglutton
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
My guess is Ubi is thinking in trilogies after the Ezio one. So the way I see it there are two options for the Kenway saga. Either they will introduce a new Kenway (Connor's child perhaps) if their thought from the beginning was to make a family saga with different protagonists in each game. Or the third game may be something like Revelation in that it mixes all three Kenways that has been featured so far in one game. For example they could make a London game with three generations of Kenways.

I would be shocked if they made another game with Connor being the main protagonist.

RinoTheBouncer
11-06-2013, 11:09 AM
My guess is Ubi is thinking in trilogies after the Ezio one. So the way I see it there are two options for the Kenway saga. Either they will introduce a new Kenway (Connor's child perhaps) if their thought from the beginning was to make a family saga with different protagonists in each game. Or the third game may be something like Revelation in that it mixes all three Kenways that has been featured so far in one game. For example they could make a London game with three generations of Kenways.

I would be shocked if they made another game with Connor being the main protagonist.

I wish they pull another Revelations with all 3 Kenways. Everybody wants another story about Connor, Haytham and now, Edward.

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I wish they pull another Revelations with all 3 Kenways. Everybody wants another story about Connor, Haytham and now, Edward.No.

silvermercy
11-06-2013, 11:24 AM
No.
It could be a parody... like a Friends episode... :p I vote yes! ^^

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 11:28 AM
It could be a parody... like a Friends episode... :p I vote yes! ^^Wait! They could call it Two and a Half Men, Edward and Haytham are Charlie and Alan and Connor is Jake.

LieutenantJojo
11-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Wait! They could call it Two and a Half Men, Edward and Haytham are Charlie and Alan and Connor is Jake.

'Two and a Half British​ Men' sounds more like it :D

Toa TAK
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I don't feel the need or desire for another Edward game, he got a great story and Forsaken to wrap him up.

As for Haytham, he got a whole book and a good chunk of ACIII.

We need a Connor game, dude got shafted.

'Two and a Half British​ Men' sounds more like it :D

lol Could you imagine?

sgreen37
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I haven't read the book so I'm probably pretty ignorant on the subject, but couldn't they just do a game about Haythem and at the beginning show Haythem's childhood with Edward. So what if Haythem is a Templar (I hope that isn't considered a spoiler. Everyone's known that for a year now). Wasn't he pretending to be an Assassin? Edward wasn't even an Assassin until the very end of the game. You could play Haythem in London and Paris! Instead of the Carribean you would have the English Channel. Maybe you could even sail to like Sweden or something to allow more exploration than just two land masses. That would be sweet. I would call it Assassin's Creed V: Betrayal.