PDA

View Full Version : Harpooning sea animals Abstergo Challenge 4/6 ?

trickitrules
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey all, I have a quick question regarding the harpooning Abstergo challenge. I have harpooned each and every sea animal and have skins and bones for all to prove it, but my counter is sitting at 4/6 and refuses to move. I've harpooned, bull shark, hammerhead shark, great white shark, killer whale, humpback whale and white whales, but the counter refuses to move. Any suggestions ?

I am one hundred percent sure I have harpooned everything, I've harpooned each animal at least 5 times, but it just won't budge :confused::(

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Moved to hints and tips forum.

trickitrules
11-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Bump.
Any ideas ? :(

kai lance
11-06-2013, 03:29 AM
This is happening to me as well but i have 5/6 instead of 4.
Also i have finished everything else so i would apreacate a fix for this so i can get my multiplayer title.
Also mr admin not to undermine your athourity or anything but im pretty sure this falls under gliches.

Betrayer11
11-09-2013, 07:07 AM
This is happening to me too, and it is definitely a glitch. One of the sea creatures increased the LAND "Skin each type of animal" challenge instead of the "harpoon and kill each type of sea animal" challenge, so I got credit for finishing one challenge before I actually met the requirements, but now am stuck at 5/6 sea creatures harpooned, 99/100 Abstergo Challenges completed. :mad:

This should be moved out of hints/tips, it is most certainly a bug with the wrong hunting challenge getting credit, and apparently it's happening on multiple platforms. The devs are the only ones who can help or fix this.

PhoenixDownsPlz
11-09-2013, 02:23 PM
experiencing this glitch too. stuck at 5/6. would be very happy to find a solution

SmirkyRichie
11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
same here 5/6 and ive gone around to each and every different harpooning site to double check that i haven't missed one.

BrandonFiske
11-13-2013, 02:20 AM
This glitch is pissing me off to I hope thay fix it and y can't I find Isla Providencia on top of that

BrandonFiske
11-13-2013, 02:35 AM
Nvm about Isla Providencia I found it lol thay Stell need to fix that glich

buzbuz33
11-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I got the award, so it is not glitched for everyone. I also killed a tortoise while it was walking on land - if that makes a difference.
Otherwise, your list is the same as mine: hammerhead, humpback whale, bull shark, white whale, great white shark and killer shark.

EDIT: I am playing on a PS3 if that makes any difference.

Farriah
11-14-2013, 02:52 AM
also have 5/6 and i've gone after all of them.
and missing 1 underwater chest- says i have 49/50, but i've completed all of the shipwrecks to 100%

worse, i finally reached lvl 55 in multiplayer and my trophy didn't come up.

sorry for all that, but any help Ubisoft? Please?

Betrayer11
11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Went and harpooned all six again and then shot a turtle, got nothing.

I have 100% game and database completion now. Harpooning challenge still stuck at 5/6.

Really hope they are fixing this bug soon.

AkaiGAF
11-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Have the same problem. Stuck at 5/6. Hope the next patch adresses this issue.

Eqbrat
11-15-2013, 04:33 AM
I 'm having the same issue with the harpooning challenge and am stuck at 5/6. I've killed all 6 sea creatures 10x over and it still wont register. I'm also playing the game on PS3. This is very frustrating for us completionists. I have every other challenge completed to 100% except this one. Please fix this glitch soon so we can finish this wonderful game to 100%. Thank you Ubisoft!

P.S. WHY IS THIS UNDER TIPS AND TRICKS? THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A BUG/GLITCH.

Betrayer11
11-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Did anyone else with this bug notice if their "hunt and skin each animal" challenge ended early?

As I said last page, I got credit for that challenge instead of the harpooning one for one of the sea creatures, causing me to finish the hunt challenge before I finished the "kill a red howler monkey" challenge, which shouldn't have been possible. For me, certainly, the glitch is that the wrong challenge is taking credit for my kills, and I'm wondering if that's the case with all of us.

springfinger
11-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Did anyone else with this bug notice if their "hunt and skin each animal" challenge ended early?

As I said last page, I got credit for that challenge instead of the harpooning one for one of the sea creatures, causing me to finish the hunt challenge before I finished the "kill a red howler monkey" challenge, which shouldn't have been possible. For me, certainly, the glitch is that the wrong challenge is taking credit for my kills, and I'm wondering if that's the case with all of us.

Hmm, I got the red howler monkey skin towards skinning all animals challenge, but not for killing one (although I initially thought it was because I BOUGHT a skin to craft) but I too have 5/6 sea creatures harpooned.
I'm at a loss to which which sea creature isn't registering tho. My guess is white whale simply because of all the glitches and problems with ubi servers. Honestly I see why they made the passport free, it's broken! Fleet and community challenges are constantly going offline for me.

Betrayer11
11-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Tried uninstalling the data, spent an hour hunting white whales, still didn't get credit. Filed a report on ubisoft report, since this thread is in the wrong place still :/

Hmm, I got the red howler monkey skin towards skinning all animals challenge, but not for killing one (although I initially thought it was because I BOUGHT a skin to craft) but I too have 5/6 sea creatures harpooned.
I'm at a loss to which which sea creature isn't registering tho. My guess is white whale simply because of all the glitches and problems with ubi servers. Honestly I see why they made the passport free, it's broken! Fleet and community challenges are constantly going offline for me.

Yeah, buying the skin doesn't count towards the skinning challenge, so it sounds like that probably is which mechanic is bugged. Now to figure out the trigger, because the guy in the opening post says he's stuck at 4/6 rather than 5/6, that makes me think it might be caused by something else rather than just one creature being bugged.

I remember a story mission with harpooning, although skimming through the progress tracker I don't see any mention. Possibly harpooning before then causes the glitch?

springfinger
11-17-2013, 03:35 AM
I DID try the white whale once before that mission. I failed but it could be the cause. (I've definitely gotten every one several times since but no change in stats!)

generalkgkik
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I already had to restart the game once because of a glitched assassination contract and now I'm at 99% completion with 96/100 challenges and I'm stuck at 5/6 sea animals. So disappointing...

Betrayer11
11-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Finally got a reply from support:

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is a known issue that the development team has identified. There is a planned resolution in a future update.At the current time, there are no official details or release date pertaining to the update but when it becomes available, there will be details on the game's official forum at http://forums.ubi.com and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).

so... yeah. known issue, planned fix, no timeline on when. Sigh.

StalkedKale
11-23-2013, 12:13 PM
I got it fine on Xbox 360 , have you hunted a community whale ?

Shotgun_Buddha
11-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Okay, so here are the six that are need to be harpooned. Killer Whale, Bull Shark, Hammer Head, Blue Whale, Great White, and finally the White Sperm Whale, which is a community whale. The issue is I have bagged multiple of these and only still gotten the 5/6 on the PC. No idea wtf is up with that.

Syr.Jake
11-28-2013, 08:22 AM
This glitch is pissing me off to I hope thay fix it and y can't I find Isla Providencia on top of that

Isla Providencia is opened up, along with Long Bay, as you progress through the main story missions.

If you cannot "see" it on your map yet, then you haven't progressed far enough in the story.

Isla Providencia: 502,44
Long Bay: 525,250

trickitrules
11-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow! I had completely forgotten about his thread, I didn't realise it had received so many views. But, is there any word from ubisoft ? Apart from stating that this isn't a glitch ? In no way am I trying to antagonise Ubisoft, but I would appreciate some form of reply. Thanks !

springfinger
12-01-2013, 03:50 AM
As far as I know there's no fix yet. TBH I'm so disappointed that I gave up on Black Flag for now to finish GTAV and Ghosts but hopefully someone will at least reply to this thread that there is a fix eventually

Brent Tsarchon
12-05-2013, 05:01 PM
same here 5/6 and ive gone around to each and every different harpooning site to double check that i haven't missed one.

Same here - there seems to be an unresolved issue with the Harpoon and Kill each type of sea animal challenge. It is frustrating and holding my challenges completed at 98/100 (working on the full sync to get 99 right now :P_)

http://forums.ubi.com[/url] and our Support Website (http://support.ubi.com).
so... yeah. known issue, planned fix, no timeline on when. Sigh.

Looks like alot of us are still waiting bro....

legioncrow
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
I've been having the exact same issue. Didn't even craft the Whaler outfit until I had more than enough to leave at least 1 White Whale skin in my inventory. The oh so lovely waiting game for a patch it seems.

kriss3d
12-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Hmm Ive seen a few turtles too. I just cant attack them for some reason.
Also I need a white whale but there arent any left.. Do they get renewed or somthing at a point ?

trickitrules
12-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Safe to say, with this new patch my issue has been corrected. However, the counter refuses to move from 99/100. Still happy with the update, let's just finish this last bit off !

Mercenary995
05-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Hey all, I have a quick question regarding the harpooning Abstergo challenge. I have harpooned each and every sea animal and have skins and bones for all to prove it, but my counter is sitting at 4/6 and refuses to move. I've harpooned, bull shark, hammerhead shark, great white shark, killer whale, humpback whale and white whales, but the counter refuses to move. Any suggestions ?

I am one hundred percent sure I have harpooned everything, I've harpooned each animal at least 5 times, but it just won't budge :confused::(

Well, the as somebody else said there are 5/6 u can find but the last one which is the white whale is rare and can be find random on map.