PDA

View Full Version : More gore

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Blood is aready seen in the game, but how about decpitation? Would this be something the community would want in a Japanese Ac, if they do decide to go this route. The arsenal would be plenty and tools be abundent. All major weapons would have a great effect as limbs are falling off.

Lass4r
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I feel like I´ve seen this thread before, can´t be sure whether you´re serious or not xD

No, they´re not gonna add decapitation just to satisfy your gory fantasies.

HypeR.tgL
11-04-2013, 12:13 PM
No thanks. Leave that **** for the countless zombie games out there..

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Nah, I'm not a fan of gore and I don't think the devs want to add it.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm satisfied with the way it's now, not that I'm against it but IMO AC doesn't need it..

AdamPearce
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
I did a thread about it, but it got delete...:/

I do think that needs more violence, ACRevelations was perfect imo, decaitation was present, the sounds were creepy (broken bones, blood,...) and the finish were just awesome. But with AC3 it got down a bit, the violence was less present, and the feeling of actually destroying the face of the guy in front of you disappeared.

I would be glad if the serie 'grow up' on those point. Why can movie afford this kind of topic but videogames. And if they do, it's all extremely cartoon (Beat'em alls).

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
ACR never had decapitations?

AdamPearce
11-04-2013, 02:30 PM
ACR never had decapitations?

Yes it does, it happens when you counter-kill with the hidden blade on Janissaries if I remember. Maybe they've patch it, but I doubt it.

Crouching.Tiger
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
As I hope the next game will take place during the French Revolution I most certainly hope there will be decapitations ;)
But in a combat context? No, I don't really see the point. If anything, I'd prefer if they'd tone down the combat somewhat, do away with the weird wrestling moves and overkill.

pacmanate
11-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes it does, it happens when you counter-kill with the hidden blade on Janissaries if I remember. Maybe they've patch it, but I doubt it.

Were you on shrooms?

pirate1802
11-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes. Moar blood and gore! YES! YAAS!!! YASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

*dances around maniacally in a pool of blood*

I Emerge I
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't mind it the games have felt very disney and kiddish for a while even though they are marked aged 18.

pyrotechnick777
11-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Are you sure it was a decapitation? I remember the kill animation where Ezio thrusted a sword into a guard's face and turned his head 180 degress, so now the head faces the back.
It was not a decaptiation but it was still gruesome.

I'm all for gory kill animations in video games but the AC series does not need that. They look awesome but they are not realistic.

Speaking of Kill animations, in AC4 can we double counter or did they remove that mechanic?
I have not been prompted to do a double counter nor the the enemies seem to initiate one.

RonaiSanzer
11-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't mind it the games have felt very disney and kiddish for a while even though they are marked aged 18.
how much weed did you smoke before posting?

Sushiglutton
11-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I agree, I think they should step up the gore a notch. No intestines or chopped off limbs, but a bit more splatter would be most welcome. I think when AC goes full next gen this will come automatically as the graphics will become more realistic and there will be better particle effects (this is a fancy term developers use for "blood splatter" ;) ).

lothario-da-be
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
i would love it when they ad some more gore. Cutting of someone's head with a katana would be awesome. But no unnecesary bloody things. Just realisticly cutting of arms and heads :p

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Assassin's Creed 5 - Eddy-Oh: The Story of Edward

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, the most satisfying thing I've done in a game was burying an axe betwixt another humans ears in TLoU.

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Yes, the most satisfying thing I've done in a game was burying an axe betwixt another humans ears in TLoU.

personally I prefer the flamethrower

nothing like a BBQ-ed Firefly, esp. when you do it to the female characters in MP. So damn disturbingly satisfying!

ladyleonhart
11-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Nah, I'm not a fan of gore and I don't think the devs want to add it.

I hope you're right, Rooster.

I am not a fan of gore either. >_< So, no thank you.

AC doesn't need it and I don't think it will improve it in any way.

I-Like-Pie45
11-04-2013, 06:11 PM
What do you mean can't be improved?

Just imagine an AC game where Templars will try to strangle you with their own intestines!

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I hope you're right, Rooster.

I am not a fan of gore either. >_< So, no thank you.

AC doesn't need it and I don't think it will improve it in any way.

You need a good war down your throat.

MinoDan
11-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree. Why the hell would anyone want that? Its neither a shooter nor a horror game!

ladyleonhart
11-04-2013, 06:17 PM
What do you mean can't be improved?

Just imagine an AC game where Templars will try to strangle you with their own intestines!

There are already plenty of games with mindless violence.

Well, that's just barbaric. >_<

You need a good war down your throat.

I don't understand what you mean. :confused:

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 06:22 PM
There are already plenty of games with mindless violence.

Well, that's just barbaric. >_<

I don't understand what you mean. :confused:

Neither do I. Sometimes gore isn't mindless - in The Last of Us(the best videogame the world has ever seen or will see) it is the core paintbrush which paints a picture on humanity. Hopeless, brutal, violent, non-purposeful humanity.

ladyleonhart
11-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Neither do I. Sometimes gore isn't mindless - in The Last of Us(the best videogame the world has ever seen or will see) it is the core paintbrush which paints a picture on humanity. Hopeless, brutal, violent, non-purposeful humanity.

Well, maybe it isn't in horror games and it's what people have to come expect. -__-

Anyway, my point is that it just wouldn't make sense to me in Assassin's Creed. To me, Assassins are trained to be able to dispatch their enemies quickly and effectively, and not draw attention to themselves. Decapitation would be the opposite of that, and, as I've already said, barbaric. o_0 Also, it would decrease the importance of the hidden blade which is an Assassin's true weapon.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I think if we get a game set during the French revolution, it is possible we might see a few beheadings.

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, maybe it isn't in horror games and it's what people have to come expect. -__-

Anyway, my point is that it just wouldn't make sense to me in Assassin's Creed. To me, Assassins are trained to be able to dispatch their enemies quickly and effectively, and not draw attention to themselves. Decapitation would be the opposite of that, and, as I've already said, barbaric. o_0 Also, it would decrease the importance of the hidden blade which is an Assassin's true weapon.

I don't actually want decapitation. I would like more realistic and gritty combat - as in, not getting straight back up when you have a massive, razer sharp axe swung against your body.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah I don't think excessive gore has a place in AC. Brutality, yes, GORE, no.

Gi1t
11-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Yeah, AC does have some room for violence as long as it's more around the level of Ninja Gaiden 1 and not Ninja Gaiden 2. XD Just having decapitations in there works well enough as long as they don't do it for practically every kill animation. In fact it'd be better as a rare thing so that has more of an impact when it does come up.

Oh, and no slow-motion kills please. Warrior Within and Two Thrones tried to do that and it just looked really messy. The animations looked a lot cooler at normal speed. :)

ladyleonhart
11-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I think if we get a game set during the French revolution, it is possible we might see a few beheadings.

True, but that would be for execution via guillotine and it's history. Also, if it's for the story, I'm sure the developers would handle it appropriately. ;) Then, I just don't think the player should be able to take part in decapitations, especially since it doesn't really fit an Assassin. Of course, I guess beheadings may also be appropriate in feudal Japan if a game was ever set there and it involved samurai in some way.

I don't actually want decapitation. I would like more realistic and gritty combat - as in, not getting straight back up when you have a massive, razer sharp axe swung against your body.

I don't mind more realistic combat in that sense either. :)

AssassinHMS
11-04-2013, 07:38 PM
AC’s combat is unnecessarily violent as it is, so no need for more unnecessary blood. I think that kind of violence would only cheap AC further. Combat should be toned down instead because, since ACB, combat became a cheap way to display gruesome deaths and violence that only Ubisoft’s efforts to please a casual and immature audience can justify. Does AC really need all this blood and violence? I mean, for a trained assassin who can silently kill an enemy with a discreet knife thrust or a swift and precise sword blow, wasting tons of time stabbing and slicing the meat of an already dead body is quite idiotic. Then again guards wait decades for the assassin so I guess he can take his time. The overall problem with combat is that it is too unrealistic. It needs to be harder and it needs to be simple so that the satisfaction comes from the actual act of taking down an opponent and not from opening his guts.

BlizzKrut
11-04-2013, 07:38 PM
This isn't Mortal Kombat son.
Also, AC is fine the way it is, no need for even more gore.

SixKeys
11-04-2013, 07:45 PM
AC is about social stealth. Decapitating people would just render that pillar laughable. "Gee, I wonder what happened here? There are heads rolling all over the street. Oh well, I'll just go stand next to this blood-soaked hooded man over here."

Some of AC's kill animations have already gone ridiculously over-the-top to the point where they're just boring, like in ACR. Instead of adding to the experience, it takes me out of it.

poptartz20
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
AC could get dangerously violent.. considering all of the things you can do as an assassin, but I think the balance works were it is right now. I'm not the biggest fan of gore, but in some cases it is awesome like in God Of War... or in The Last of Us. It should be conveyed as a message. Not sure what the message is for having extra gore in an AC game.

AssassinHMS
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
AC is about social stealth. Decapitating people would just render that pillar laughable. "Gee, I wonder what happened here? There are heads rolling all over the street. Oh well, I'll just go stand next to this blood-soaked hooded man over here."

Some of AC's kill animations have already gone ridiculously over-the-top to the point where they're just boring, like in ACR. Instead of adding to the experience, it takes me out of it.

Agreed.
AC's social stealth is already laughable though, even without decapitation.

Then again AC's logic (in terms of combat and stealth) is laughable. In order to make stealth interesting they would need to make combat more challenging. To make up for that, they could improve navigation so that it becomes a more functional bridge between the two. Problem is Ubisoft wants to please everyone, so they turn their back on the franchise and focus on making it "balanced" so that combat is always as much of an option as stealth. However by doing that, AC's core mechanics can't become interesting or thrilling which forces Ubisoft to add things like naval and hunting to try to spice things up. So far Ubisoft has managed to find replacements that mask the boredom of a super easy combat system and meaningless/ laughable stealth by resorting to blood, violence, explosions, naval battles and a huge world full of things to do. However, when they run out of ideas, they will be forced to rely on the foundations of the franchise…if they want to prevent it from becoming stagnant.

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 08:37 PM
AC could get dangerously violent.. considering all of the things you can do as an assassin, but I think the balance works were it is right now. I'm not the biggest fan of gore, but in some cases it is awesome like in God Of War... or in The Last of Us. It should be conveyed as a message. Not sure what the message is for having extra gore in an AC game.

'Every last drop of Templar blood will fall...their brains as well' or something like that.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
While it doesn't really need more gore, some of the animation qualities could be stepped up a bit. I feel like it was a bit lacking in AC3 (especially since daggers had the same animations as tomahawks which was just really stupid). I remember the awesomely fun, quick, and effective (and brutal) moves of the Dagger of Brutus in ACB, but we really haven't gotten that in a while.

I kinda hated how in AC3 guards didn't really have "health" per se, at least in melee combat. You had to finish your weapon's combo on them to kill them 90% of the time. So you could stab them in the shoulder like 100 times with the hidden blade but if you kept getting interrupted they just shook it off. This was also a reason the combat got kinda boring since you saw the same animations over and over. I know you did in previous games too, but they were fast and were designed in a way that made them look more realistic, so the repetition was logically understandable in a real situation. Haven't played AC4 so I don't know if this is changed in any way, even if it's slightly. I still think we shouldn't judge AC4 fully until we see how it performs on next-gen.

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I have yet to see limbs from tripwire bombs I planted, and I would have loved seeing a leg or hand. It just doesn't make sense to step on a bomb and still be left intact. I'm just coming from that point of view. I mean if no one really wanted to see the gory stuff, there should simply turn off the gore, like its done with the blood. But specifically in a Japanese Ac, only because of the weapons known history of decapitating. I'm not speaking of animations, I want to slice everyone in my wake. Save for an extremely ****ed up part, like lost of a loved one, or lost of a master. I cant ever see more gore in the French revolution, as war is already bloody. Yes decapitation might stray from the Ac core, but so does Edward. I felt silly trying to do Templar hunts as my heart was in the right place but Edwards is not. And this throws me off, even though I expected it. So I really cant see why we can not decapitate when already we slaughter almost every guard and there's always a pool of blood. How do we think the MAIN character doesn't walk with blood soaked clothes when we strike in close combat. Given were done with long range weapons. and have you seen the four kill one kill streak. there should be enough blood soaked clothes to put us in Jamaican prison for two life times. Pirates were played out, and it happened. The American revolution is played out, and it happened. (I was playing black flags and was thinking of "Master and Commander. Russell Crow looks like a sort of Haythem. But I haven't seen any closer.)

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjGZuq8Y8n8&feature=share&list=SPCDBE3D281DE5CA77

Edit- 2:20 is the mission set up. and 11:20 is where the decapitation happens. This is the reason why I bring up the gore, this game set the precedent of all stealth assassins games. With cheats that tie in obtaining a grand master rank. which is done by the way you complete your mission, and you get to select your own weapons with a set limit.

Black_Widow9
11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Please make sure you also post this here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

I-Like-Pie45
11-05-2013, 06:12 AM
The gore in AC games should resemble Riki-Oh Levels - respectful amounts of blood and gore that is in no way exploitative, over the top, or juvenile.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Excessive gore is just cheesy. I don't think people realize just how ****ing hard a human limb has to be chopped for it to completely fall off. Even more so for a head. That's not stuff that just happens all the time in blade combat as if the swords were lightsabers XD

As long as there's a realistic amount of blood (i.e. more than AC4 but not as damn much as ACB) I'm not too fussed by blood n' guts.

robinthefactory
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Are you sure it was a decapitation? I remember the kill animation where Ezio thrusted a sword into a guard's face and turned his head 180 degress, so now the head faces the back.
It was not a decaptiation but it was still gruesome.

I'm all for gory kill animations in video games but the AC series does not need that. They look awesome but they are not realistic.

Speaking of Kill animations, in AC4 can we double counter or did they remove that mechanic?
I have not been prompted to do a double counter nor the the enemies seem to initiate one.
Its there but it is very rare and doesn't have the camera change angles into a cinematic mode like in AC3

phoenix-force411
11-05-2013, 07:31 PM
It was never about brutality, only swift and silent is the answer... We already had threads about skinning kids, rape, and etc....

AssassinHMS
11-05-2013, 07:40 PM
It was never about brutality, only swift and silent is the answer... We already had threads about skinning kids, rape, and etc....

I agree. But I have to ask, isn't current AC's combat all about brutality?

Because it sure isn't about skill.

phoenix-force411
11-06-2013, 12:37 AM
I agree. But I have to ask, isn't current AC's combat all about brutality?

Because it sure isn't about skill.
Although it looks brutal, it was never way over the top. It just looks insanely sick, but never enough to exceed to the part where it's disturbing.

E-Zekiel
11-06-2013, 01:36 AM
Just ask yourself - does this add anything of creative, artistic, or pragmatic value to the game/universe?

My answer: No. Not really something that's in-line with Assassin's Creed over all style and creative direction.

AdamPearce
11-06-2013, 01:54 AM
If they don't push the gore at least do not make animation where the character cut the throat of his ennemy or hit them with all his strenght to the head with a sharp steel tomahahwk. It just totally kills the immertive aspect of the fights.

Landruner
11-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Just ask yourself - does this add anything of creative, artistic, or pragmatic value to the game/universe?

My answer: No. Not really something that's in-line with Assassin's Creed over all style and creative direction.

Remember Ezio could toss dirt of the faces of its foes - Imagine the next Assassin doing the same, but with some pieces of brain from the floor...How creatively colorful we get there !!! lol ;)

Personally, I do not think that it is really necessary for the Franchise to have more than the blood already present in the games. However; I respect the fact that some players would like more gore as well... Perhaps, if the game or future offer an additional option for players that want some Gore besides the blood from the game of the franchise, I would be okay with that, but won't let my kids to play it.

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 03:16 AM
We should be able to take rats, put them in cardboard tubes, and then "experiment" upon the guards.

We should be able to catch bullets in our mouths, chew up em, and turn our Assassin into a walking machine gun.

Landruner
11-06-2013, 03:27 AM
We should be able to take rats, put them in cardboard tubes, and then "experiment" upon the guards.

We should be able to catch bullets in our mouths, chew up em, and turn our Assassin into a walking machine gun.

Yes you are right! just we should be able to pick up sick rats from the street and "blowpipe" them through the guards that they die from the Bubonic plague lol! - Or even worse toss them pies to the faces or being able to drown them in some Raspberry pies next to some bakery stands - lol! - How gore is that?

I-Like-Pie45
11-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Not enough intestine strangling included.

Rugterwyper32
11-06-2013, 03:44 AM
There needs to be gore in hand to hand combat obviously. And every guard needs to be taller than your character.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maktiwVlVE1rqhj3do1_500.jpg

Landruner
11-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Not enough intestine strangling included.

LOL! Excellent! and let's Call the next installment "Intestine Creed" - :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
11-06-2013, 08:16 AM
LOL! Excellent! and let's Call the next installment "Intestine Creed" - :rolleyes:Intestine Bleed?