PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

Justice4Britt
11-04-2013, 04:48 AM
ive never played the AC series till now, im having some problems.
1. how do i find the treasure maps, i use the paper with the icons but cant seem to locate them.
2. boarding issues, ive only boared two ships, and i cant add them to my fleet, why is that??
3. climbing buildings and such, it alot of times bounces me back down where i dont want to go, why?
4. shooting in ship to ship combat is so confusing, i try broadside and it shoots chainshots...........
5. i just got an Xbox to play this, (usually a PC'er) how do i take screenshots and things like that????

any help is appriciated
:confused:

invertedx
11-04-2013, 05:49 AM
ive never played the AC series till now, im having some problems.
1. how do i find the treasure maps, i use the paper with the icons but cant seem to locate them.
2. boarding issues, ive only boared two ships, and i cant add them to my fleet, why is that??
3. climbing buildings and such, it alot of times bounces me back down where i dont want to go, why?
4. shooting in ship to ship combat is so confusing, i try broadside and it shoots chainshots...........
5. i just got an Xbox to play this, (usually a PC'er) how do i take screenshots and things like that????

any help is appriciated
:confused:

1. The treasure maps have longitude & latitude coordinates on them, towards the lower right hand corner I believe, it will look something like 754,988. If you open your map you should notice that the location of where your cursor is also has these coordinates. You just need to move your cursor to the same coordinates as on the treasure map and it will point you to the location of the treasure. When you're there, if you're standing on the right spot there will be a "Dig" prompt. Press circle and then you will dig for the treasure. Simple!

2. If you can't add them to your fleet yet it's because you probably haven't accessed "Kenways Fleet" yet from your captains quarters (the room on your boat under the wheel). You need to be at a certain part of the story to access your captains quarters, if you can access Kenways Fleet (the big map on the desk) then you should be able to add captured ships to your fleet. Note that you can only access Kenways Fleet if you have activated your uPlay pass, which you will have if you bought an unused copy of the game.

3. Climbing problems like that have existed since AC1, the system isn't perfect and sometimes Edward just wont do what you want. It takes some getting used to but you will always run into small quirks like that.

4. I'm not sure what the issue is here, if you're broad siding you should be shooting standard cannon balls, your chain shot should be coming from your front chase cannons (the ones that face towards the front of the Jackdaw)

5. I play on Playstation and we definitely can't take screenshots without a capture card, not sure about Xbox 360 but I would imagine that it's the same.

Hope that helps!

zjb94
11-04-2013, 02:52 PM
4. You are pressing LT to fire those shots. You must press first RT to aim and then LT to shoot :)

5. You also need a capture card for an xbox 360.

Cheers.

Justice4Britt
11-05-2013, 11:07 PM
TY
k more questions.
1. i have a wanted level 4, i paid the officer a bribe in port, and still the MoW's came after me when i tried to leave.
2. i only found 2 treasure maps, how do i locate them in big cities like havana? ive looked everywhere.
3. can you board with just getting close or do you have to knock their sails off?? i have AoP (age of pirates city of abandoned ships) where if you're close you automatically go into boarding) which would seem little easier if AC-IV did. cuz im not good @ aiming and stearing like this.
4. i noticed one thing, i was doing an assain contract, and had two frigates one on each side of the harbor, so i dropped anchor and swam in. i killed all the guards on the ship closest to mine, and went ashore then finished the contract. when i came back to my ship the frigate i had taken the guards out was just sitting there, seems to me you should be able to capture it.
5. how do i get ship upgrades im still @ 14% of that and cant seem to find anything. :(

Justice4Britt
11-06-2013, 12:37 AM
how do i get into the Kesnington, lookout post in the walled in area? tried trees, climbing wall and everything,....no go.

WolfDK1984
11-30-2013, 05:30 PM
how do i get into the Kesnington, lookout post in the walled in area? tried trees, climbing wall and everything,....no go.
You have to do a story mission to get acces to that area

Syr.Jake
12-01-2013, 04:01 AM
TY
k more questions.
1. i have a wanted level 4, i paid the officer a bribe in port, and still the MoW's came after me when i tried to leave.

Let them kill you. It will reset your wanted level.

2. i only found 2 treasure maps, how do i locate them in big cities like havana? ive looked everywhere.

Follow the visual clues on the map. Otherwise, just google it. :)

3. can you board with just getting close or do you have to knock their sails off?? i have AoP (age of pirates city of abandoned ships) where if you're close you automatically go into boarding) which would seem little easier if AC-IV did. cuz im not good @ aiming and stearing like this.

No, you can only board if you have the option to, and that happens when the enemy ship doesn't have its sails up.

4. i noticed one thing, i was doing an assain contract, and had two frigates one on each side of the harbor, so i dropped anchor and swam in. i killed all the guards on the ship closest to mine, and went ashore then finished the contract. when i came back to my ship the frigate i had taken the guards out was just sitting there, seems to me you should be able to capture it.

If there are no longer any guards on the ship, get close enough with the Jackdaw and hit it once with your cannons. You should immediately get the option to board.

5. how do i get ship upgrades im still @ 14% of that and cant seem to find anything. :(

If you have the materials and the Reals, you can upgrade the ship at any HarborMaster or from the Ship Model in the Captains Quarters on the Jackdaw.