PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on The... [SPOILERS]

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 01:56 AM
What do you think about this Sage business then? You think the plot's a good addition to the series? I think it is.

SPOILER AHEAD.........

Now that the modern day Sage has been killed, who do you think the next Sage born will be? Can there be more than 1 Sage alive at a time? When will Aita be reborn!? Who will be Juno's vessel?!

Does anyone really care?

ACfan443
11-04-2013, 02:08 AM
I wish I could care, I really do, because after buying the first game my main incentive for buying the sequels was to see how the modern day story would progress, I was completely engrossed in it up until ACR. But now that it's been so royally watered down, I struggle to care. I mean, how the f*** are we supposed to enjoy what looks like a very engaging plot, if A: they've previously failed to prove that they can provide satisfying conclusions and payoffs, and B: we're just going to 'watch' stuff happen through a sh*tty first person perspective. It was an atrocious idea and I absolutely loathe it, bring back third person.

zjb94
11-04-2013, 02:09 AM
SPOILER

Well, of there will be other sages but the thing is, who? And will it be in Assassin's Creed saga ? Because according to the letters inside the bottles the sage is born every 10, 100 or 1000 years.. So i don't quite know. Juno's vessel? Well maybe that's you, remember when you hacked your first abstergo server and John AKA sage started yelling that she was supposed to be inside your brain?

Cheers.

Laukidh
11-04-2013, 02:56 AM
we're just going to 'watch' stuff happen through a sh*tty first person perspective. It was an atrocious idea and I absolutely loathe it, bring back third person.

Moving around in first person actually made me kinda nauseated. I didn't enjoy it, but I did it all because I assumed there'd be some sort of achievement for grabbing and hacking everything. Nope. Just lore.

Not that lore is bad, mind. And the audio clips were worth listening to.

Laukidh
11-04-2013, 02:58 AM
And will it be in Assassin's Creed saga ?

Yeah, I was wondering if Juno might make an appearance in Watch Dogs.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 03:00 AM
I wish I could care, I really do, because after buying the first game my main incentive for buying the sequels was to see how the modern day story would progress, I was completely engrossed in it up until ACR. But now that it's been so royally watered down, I struggle to care. I mean, how the f*** are we supposed to enjoy what looks like a very engaging plot, if A: they've previously failed to prove that they can provide satisfying conclusions and payoffs, and B: we're just going to 'watch' stuff happen through a sh*tty first person perspective. It was an atrocious idea and I absolutely loathe it, bring back third person.

I agree with the failure to provide satisfying conclusions part. It's something that's really bugged me since ACR. The most annoying thing is they have some amazing lore but never really do it justice. But it's the lore stuff that gets me suckered in! Personally I'm glad they're taking a fresh approach to the modern day parts and I liked the way it was done in AC4. It was strictly lore based stuff without the lacklustre attempts at gameplay from the previous games.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
SPOILER

Well, of there will be other sages but the thing is, who? And will it be in Assassin's Creed saga ? Because according to the letters inside the bottles the sage is born every 10, 100 or 1000 years.. So i don't quite know. Juno's vessel? Well maybe that's you, remember when you hacked your first abstergo server and John AKA sage started yelling that she was supposed to be inside your brain?

Cheers.

Yeah and she was too weak to be able to transcend. It was quite a shock when I realized what "John" was up to. I'm finding it hard to imagine what it would be like if Juno did transfer herself into our body. Would we then be playing as Juno? Much like John being Aita in every sense but his appearance. It would be cool to have Juno's memories, but then what's in it for her? I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out and hope they learn from past mistakes with the modern day story telling.

AdamPearce
11-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Personnally the problem I have with this plot is that it brings absolutely nothing to the present day plot. In every other AC, the actions in the past serve the people in the present. The Apple of Altair, the Message to Desmond, the Key for the Temple. But the Observatory is a useless and unsignificant tool. Who gives a damn at seeing others? Assassin's Creed become a spy game now? I was just mad that in conclusion, we just learned that Juno is a failure and that Aita actually survive.

What I think would've been really awesome is to become a corpse for Juno after we meet with her but keeping control. Like, Juno uses the body to preserve herself. That could have bring like weird moment were Juno is in control of the body and she speaks to us.

I was also realy disapointed of not having a single word about EVE. She appears in ACL and I really thought that AC4 was meant to find a way to fight TWCB by finding all memories artifact from the War.

AC4 just leave you with a bad feeling, it's really...hmm, poor. Anyway, it's a good game, but the worst Assassin's Creed to date.

CookiesAreK
11-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Personnally the problem I have with this plot is that it brings absolutely nothing to the present day plot. In every other AC, the actions in the past serve the people in the present. The Apple of Altair, the Massage to Desmond, the Key for the Temple. But the Observatory is a useless and unsignificant tool. Who gives a damn at seeing others? Assassin's Creed become a spy game now? I was just mad that in conclusion, we just learned that Juno is a failure and that Aita actually survive.

What I think would've been really awesome is to become a corpse for Juno after we meet with her but keeping control. Like, Juno uses the body to preserve herself. That could have bring like weird moment were Juno is in control of the body and she speaks to us.

I was also realy disapointed of not having a single word about EVE. She appears in ACL and I really thought that AC4 was meant to find a way to fight TWCB by finding all memories artifact from the War.

AC4 just leave you with a bad feeling, it's really...hmm, poor. Anyway, it's a good game, but the worst Assassin's Creed to date.

Who did Desmond get a massage from? I hope they have nice fingers :P

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 04:03 AM
Personnally the problem I have with this plot is that it brings absolutely nothing to the present day plot. In every other AC, the actions in the past serve the people in the present. The Apple of Altair, the Message to Desmond, the Key for the Temple. But the Observatory is a useless and unsignificant tool. Who gives a damn at seeing others? Assassin's Creed become a spy game now? I was just mad that in conclusion, we just learned that Juno is a failure and that Aita actually survive.

Well the reason I think Abstergo are so interested in Edward and that point in time is because they want to find the crystal skull. I know it wasn't mentioned in AC4 but I expect it will come to light in the next game. Also, Abstergo now know that memories from the precursor race are accessible, and may now be on the hunt for the blood of a Sage. Think what they could do with the DNA of Those Who Came Before!

AdamPearce
11-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Well the reason I think Abstergo are so interested in Edward and that point in time is because they want to find the crystal skull. I know it wasn't mentioned in AC4 but I expect it will come to light in the next game. Also, Abstergo now know that memories from the precursor race are accessible, and may now be on the hunt for the blood of a Sage. Think what they could do with the DNA of Those Who Came Before!

Absolutely...nothing. They will get informations on them, but they won't be able to recreate their inventions since they will never be able to understand them, the human brain is too weak for that. But it's a good idea, since the Sage is Aita and that he was the Einstein of TWCB (he created the PoE, sf: notes). So with his memor, they could see how it all works, which would help them a lot. But then again, why the Observatory? The Crystal skull are useless, it's like Phones, and Facetime, we can already do this, why bother with that.?

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 08:03 AM
It brings up a lot as I've been called a sage. I was confused as to why I was being told this and never to care to think twice about it :) but it was really In depth. I learned a lot about who he was and it opens new doors for the next game. Ac4 really knows how to set up the next game where ever the setting is going to be at. They really like to plan ahead and this game shows it. I think this opens up possibilities if you get my drift; alternate universe. However I'd have to plan it if ubisoft don't ahahahahaha lets stick to ubisoft making the games. I can't possibly think of them stopping THIS series, it holds to many stories to not continue. (I can't wait till freedom cry)

Sigv4rd
11-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if the player is a Sage does that make the player male?

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if the player is a Sage does that make the player male?

I don't think so but I could be wrong. And the player is not a sage. I was speaking from personal experience. The sage is... Someone near the player.

dxsxhxcx
11-04-2013, 11:02 AM
SPOILER

Cheers.

they can always make the next game take place 10 or 20 years in the future if they need a modern day sage to proceed, also this info might be wrong as well and they can come up with this excuse if they want to hurry this event..

once I realized we were playing as Otso Berg in ACB (?) and found out he had a daugher I wish they had something in mind for them, it would be nice play as him as the next modern day protagonist and his daugher be the next sage (if one is needed to stop Juno) for example...

I just hope they don't take the entire next game to make Juno be strong enough to become a menace... It's about time to end what they began in AC1 and then they can continue milking this franchise the way they want as long as they give a satisfying ending (if possible) for those who follow this franchise since the first game

zjb94
11-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Adding more questions to this topic:

Has anyone been following AC: Initiates? Before AC:BF came out there was a ton of murmurous surrounding Gavin and Olivier Garneau but in game we didn't saw much of them.

We were able to talk with Olivier, we know that he is the CCO of Abstergo Entertainment and we we're able to see Gavin - SPOILER AHEAD - in a picture near Otso Berg - END OF SPOILER - and what about them? Besides, was checking initiates today and they put a new information which i'll post here:

"It took a bit of work, but we managed to find the Vial and sneak it out of Abstergo. I wonder whose blood is inside." - So who did this? Shaun was serving coffees, Rebecca wasn't part of Abstergo (or at least isn't confirmed) cuz she was only a courier.. Perhaps there's someone else on the inside that we haven't heard of? I think ubi should release a modern day dlc (well, i don't like dlc's but we know how it is right..) that completes even more info.

Juno.. I want more from here, she appeared only once in the singleplayer! ONCE!! All of the story after Desmond's death surrounds her! She made this happen but still she hasn't any kind of protagonism.. This is weird, and to be honest, sad.

And what about the mp? She appears at the beggining and after that? (idk yet, level 5 at mp).

Cheers to you all.