PDA

View Full Version : Hard Stun methods?

DJ-B-Man-Jr
11-04-2013, 01:09 AM
Has anyone been able to figure out any hard-stun methods? I've managed to figure one out; knife + bodyguard. The only way to escape is to use a bomb. Otherwise, your pursuer will be eating a fist if they're in range of the bodyguard, netting you 100 points and getting rid of one of your 8 pursuers...

I've also seen someone couple Glimmer with Time Phase. In a Manhunt session, one of my targets would glimmer, then use TP, making it almost impossible for my team to identify them! They were able to take out 2 of my team members in a row with that combo, although I don't know if it'd be guaranteed.

Does anyone else have any other methods? I think it'd be very interesting to see how these abilities can be used together.

EldestPainter
11-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Blender and disguise. Can usually get focus stun with that combo too.

DeanOMiite
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Hard stun, as in "if you do this properly, you get a stun every time" ? Honestly I don't think there are any. There are some effective combos like glimmer/time phase that you mentioned above, but I wouldn't call that a hard stun necessarily. That actually seems like a better OFFENSIVE combo anyway. Knife stun has been nerfed, it's still possible I guess but what I'm hearing is that you have a smaller window to do the stun in. If you want to knife-stun you should probably craft it for duration.

I've actually enjoyed going after naked stuns more in this game anyway. In the previous games, people thought they were awesome because they could smoke people and stun them, or knife stun people repeatedly when...to me that doesn't matter. All you have to do to get stuns that way is identify people, which gets REALLY easy with some practice. I use the more deceptive abilities in this game a lot, especially disguise, as well as decoy and glimmer. And I like to be sure that I'm always in a blend group (preferably moving) with blender on so I can basically bounce all over the map in relative "safe" spots.

But that's another discussion I guess. As for hard stuns, I think most of them are gone. I haven't found anything that's reliable/repeatable enough for me to have as part of my repetoire.

SquirrelInDaSky
11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Blender and disguise. Can usually get focus stun with that combo too.

Hard stun means that you can execute it on a person of any skill level, and if you do it correctly it will most likely work. Howver, many good players will get suspicious if they see you (your clone) walking in a blend group without look-a-likes. I would wait untill your disguise runs out, then strike. Compass might give you away too.
Blender is not the best choice since it wil give you away as you enter your target's group for a focus incog. Morphing FX really draws a lot of unnecessary attention.

DeanOMiite
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Hard stun means that you can execute it on a person of any skill level, and if you do it correctly it will most likely work. Howver, many good players will get suspicious if they see you (your clone) walking in a blend group without look-a-likes. I would wait untill your disguise runs out, then strike. Compass might give you away too.
Blender is not the best choice since it wil give you away as you enter your target's group for a focus incog. Morphing FX really draws a lot of unnecessary attention.

Definitely true about blender. I've used blender in all of my FFA ability sets since the ACB days, but with the extra emphasis on hidden and focus, I'm starting to rethink that. At the same time though, the times I've tried to just mosey into a group and get hidden/focus, most people who have actually stunned me did so before blender came into effect, and those that didn't stun me most likely aren't good enough at the game in general to realize what's happening.

SquirrelInDaSky
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Definitely true about blender. I've used blender in all of my FFA ability sets since the ACB days, but with the extra emphasis on hidden and focus, I'm starting to rethink that. At the same time though, the times I've tried to just mosey into a group and get hidden/focus, most people who have actually stunned me did so before blender came into effect, and those that didn't stun me most likely aren't good enough at the game in general to realize what's happening.

Since in ac4 you can blend with single civilians, you can be spotted easily on maps with big open areas. It's even harder to use blender now. I suggest you try kill buffer/that other one that gives you 1x contested multiplyer, its quite a powerful combo.