PDA

View Full Version : Is the Multiplayer taking a lot from the Singleplayer?

Draguneel
11-03-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm just asking because to me it seems like Assassin's Creed Multiplayer is not that popular to people. From my honest opinion ever since Ubisoft added Multiplayer to Assassin's Creed, Singeplayer suffers. AC:B was ok from my point of view, fun gameplay and good story, but AC;R, AC III, and AC IV have some issues with the story and some of the little things of past AC games.

xx-pyro
11-03-2013, 11:57 PM
No it isn't, considering it's made by completely separate studios, and considering AC4 is way larger in scope than any AC game previous to it I don't see how anyone could say that MP is taking away from SP.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 12:00 AM
No it isn't, considering it's made by completely separate studios, and considering AC4 is way larger in scope than any AC game previous to it I don't see how anyone could say that MP is taking away from SP.

Well you could argue the money that goes to the other team building the multiplayer could be spent on other things to improve the game. I personally have always thought that AC multiplayer was kinda garbage, and I played the AC3 multiplayer a bunch. Just didn't have anything better to do at the time. So if it was up to me, it would be scrapped and the money would go to making the game even better.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 01:28 AM
I haven't even bothered with AC4's multiplayer. I sunk loads of time into ACB, ACR and AC3's multiplayer, but I've lost all enthusiasm for it. It was most fun while it was new and fresh (ACB). I don't think it's affected the SP though.

xx-pyro
11-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Well you could argue the money that goes to the other team building the multiplayer could be spent on other things to improve the game. I personally have always thought that AC multiplayer was kinda garbage, and I played the AC3 multiplayer a bunch. Just didn't have anything better to do at the time. So if it was up to me, it would be scrapped and the money would go to making the game even better.

So if MP has been taking away from SP, why does AC4 have the largest amount of side content of any AC game, as well as the most multiplayer portions of any AC game? Although nobody can say for certain, those studios would likely be doing their own games or working on others rather than AC if there was no multiplayer portion, more people doesn't always equal good things in a single player game- quests become disjointed and random. The people working on it have to be a cohesive unit that is like minded with a single vision.

luckyto
11-04-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm just asking because to me it seems like Assassin's Creed Multiplayer is not that popular to people. From my honest opinion ever since Ubisoft added Multiplayer to Assassin's Creed, Singeplayer suffers. AC:B was ok from my point of view, fun gameplay and good story, but AC;R, AC III, and AC IV have some issues with the story and some of the little things of past AC games.

Yes. All the players I know who are regular players from Brotherhood and ACR are loving SP, but MP is leaving a sour taste. Myself too. It's a shame that it's a such a disaster. Black Flag maybe the best AC ever but it's MP is tarnishing that positive reception.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 02:09 AM
So if MP has been taking away from SP, why does AC4 have the largest amount of side content of any AC game, as well as the most multiplayer portions of any AC game? Although nobody can say for certain, those studios would likely be doing their own games or working on others rather than AC if there was no multiplayer portion, more people doesn't always equal good things in a single player game- quests become disjointed and random. The people working on it have to be a cohesive unit that is like minded with a single vision.

I guess you didn't really totally read my post, but I said that it isn't taking away from SP, but without MP there would be more SP content by far because they would have a larger budget for it. It doesn't matter that AC4 is the largest AC, there can always be more. The money they spend paying a separate team to make the crappy multiplayer would be spent on the real portion of the game. Whether that be adding more staff, better tech, more work done in lesser time, whatever it be. I don't know, I don't make games. But the more money the more better, as they say.

wafflechucker
11-04-2013, 02:12 AM
I'm just having a hard time dividing my free time between mp and sp. love them both. by far the best ac ever. the game lab really opens up the mp experience.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 02:53 AM
I guess you didn't really totally read my post, but I said that it isn't taking away from SP, but without MP there would be more SP content by far because they would have a larger budget for it. It doesn't matter that AC4 is the largest AC, there can always be more. The money they spend paying a separate team to make the crappy multiplayer would be spent on the real portion of the game. Whether that be adding more staff, better tech, more work done in lesser time, whatever it be. I don't know, I don't make games. But the more money the more better, as they say.

You're assuming that if Ubisoft Annecy didn't develop AC multiplayer, their budget would go on the Single Player instead. Who's to say they wouldn't just be moved on to a different title entirely? They're not an exclusively AC only developer.

Kagurra
11-04-2013, 03:29 AM
You're assuming that if Ubisoft Annecy didn't develop AC multiplayer, their budget would go on the Single Player instead. Who's to say they wouldn't just be moved on to a different title entirely? They're not an exclusively AC only developer.

But they're being paid by ubisoft.

LoyalACFan
11-04-2013, 04:04 AM
Nah, it hasn't affected SP at all. It probably did with Brotherhood, since that game was basically "Assassin's Creed: Multiplayer, plus Ezio's still here for some reason," and by extension, Revelations probably took a hit as well since it was riding on ACB's coattails. AC3 and 4 are both freaking MASSIVE SP experiences though, so I don't think MP is detracting anything from it. If anything, AC3 had too much stuff in its SP.

MIA SILENT
11-04-2013, 04:11 AM
But they're being paid by ubisoft.

Yeah, and they were being paid by Ubisoft when they worked on some of the Splinter Cell games. Annecy aren't bound to Assassins Creed. They've worked and will likely go on to work with other titles apart from AC.

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 07:48 AM
It's starting to gain some sort of story. multiplayer has been one of my favorites Ac;b being my personal favorite.