PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a POD HD500 with Rocksmith14?

futuresman2013
11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey, is anyone out there using a POD HD500 for tones when playing Rocksmith 14? If so, how are you hooked up? I'm using a Mac and would rather be able to use the POD HD500 for guitar tones as opposed to the ones Rocksmith provides. Thanks for any input.

the Zick
12-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I am using an HD500x and may be interested in swapping some tones.

mbarsott
12-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Hey, is anyone out there using a POD HD500 for tones when playing Rocksmith 14? If so, how are you hooked up? I'm using a Mac and would rather be able to use the POD HD500 for guitar tones as opposed to the ones Rocksmith provides. Thanks for any input.

AFAIK, the HD500 has dual ouputs and parallel processing paths, which means you can have any tone you want in one path and still output the clean guitar signal to Rocksmith. Then you can use the RS mixer to mute your guitar and hear only the HD500 processed sound through your amp. That's how I used to do with the Stealthpedal. Let me know how it goes cause the HD500X is on my wishlist.

w088le
12-03-2013, 11:50 PM
HD500 user here. I tried playing around with dual paths and could not get either 1/4" jack to output only one path. As far as I can tell it mixes both paths when only one jack is connected. I might be missing somehting obvious here.
Anyway, I found a simpler way. Connect the Rocksmith cable to the FX Send jack. Add the FX Loop effect to the start of the effect chain. Set the Mix of the FX Loop to 0%. Enjoy :)

the Zick
12-04-2013, 01:50 AM
I am going to be using a Variax in the future and will plan on using the HD500x's FX SEND for Rocksmith, just as w088le recommends. That's a great tip.

Now I just split off the signal before my HD500x, then mix both HD500x and Rocksmith output through a zoom R24. This is nice because the zoom records everything and I can independently adjust levels. I can go back and just hear my guitar, or even change effects after the fact. I run the zoom into studio monitors and head phones. You can do the same with the cheaper R8. You can also go back and jam to the rocksmith tracks, overdub and so forth. You can record a dry guitar and add effects later, and have all sorts of fun.

If you don't have a mixer, you can probably just run rocksmith output back into the AUX IN of the HD500x and hear the blend through the same speakers.