PDA

View Full Version : Hey new to the forums

SgtTenor
11-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Never played the AC series. I happen to pick up AC2 for Cheap. Figured I start the entire series after playing a couple of sequences of AC2. I'm thoroughly impressed by this series so far.

What I see so far AC1 isn't as intricate story wise as AC2 but still the historical aspects of the crusade era has fascinated me forever. Same with the Renascence, American history.

Haven't played AC3 or Black Flag but I will. Regardless of what people say about it.

Can't believe I passed these up when they first came out.

Just wanted to ramble my thoughts.

Sushiglutton
11-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Yeah especially the modern day plot gains a lot from playing in the correct order, so I think it was wise to jump to AC1. AC1 is kind of a tough one to love though. It has very repetetive structure and the sideconent is severely lacking. Also don't try to find all the flags, or you will go insane before you even get to play AC2, which would be a shame ;)! But it also has fantastic atmosphere and the assassination missions are great. The targets are not as evil as they may first seem.

Farlander1991
11-03-2013, 10:59 PM
AC1 has a slow start (and the repetitive nature of investigation missions doesn't help during the main course of the game), but its story is one of the best from the series.

AngryRaisin
11-03-2013, 10:59 PM
I jumped into the series on AC2 almost three years ago as my first ever video games and I fell in love and now expect all games to be as epic! LOL I did fall in love with Skyrim when it came out and feel it's just as awesome as the AC series but different style. I went back (by recommendation) and played AC1 but really didn't find it that integral in my overall experience other than a few pieces of history/storyline and basics on game functionality. I definitely recommend playing through in order from at least 2 on and don't even think about playing 4 without having played at least 2, Brotherhood and 3. But really, just play them all through in order—it's worth it and so much fun.

SgtTenor
11-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah The investigation and 'Saving Citizen'/ Lookout options are way too repetitive. I still love the historical aspect of the game even though the story is fictitious. Perhaps some historical fact on some parts but truly cool to immerse yourself. Looking forward to play Black flag when I finish all the previous ones. currently have AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR. I don't get a chance to play that often so it may be a while.

Perhaps then I can get a per-owned version for much cheaper.

poptartz20
11-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey there! welcome to the forums! :) hope to see you around alot more!

we are a crazy passionate bunch all with our quirks and favorites but we get along pretty well... I hope you like it here! be prepared for AC TO CHANGE as you progress through the series! I hope you enjoy the others!

Shahkulu101
11-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Prepare to be eaten whole for having an opinion that differs from someone else. :o

Black_Widow9
11-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the Forums :D

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello there!