PDA

View Full Version : Let' settle it:Best Ac.PART 1

bismp
11-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I think it's high time we decided which assassin's creed game is the best.i think that it is fair to have many parts .the first part is GAMEPLAY(more specifically battle mechanics,mission design,side mission quality and variety etc)

Feel free to make suggestions about the other parts

VOTE !!!

ACfan443
11-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Definitely AC:BF, closely followed by AC1 and AC2.

Kagurra
11-03-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't think it's entirely fair to judge AC4 to the full extent just yet. I would wait until next-gen releases.

But on topic, AC1 was the most memorable for me. The cities and feel of the era were amazing and haven't been surpassed, but the combat was meh compared to later games and there is the whole repetitive issue. From what I can tell (haven't played yet, waiting for next-gen) Black Flag is one of the best AC games right next to 2.

MIA SILENT
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
But various gameplay mechanics are better in some than others. Like, AC3 has better combat than AC4, but AC4 is better in every other gameplay sense. So because the Combat was my favourite thing to do, I'll have to say AC3. But AC4 has infinitely better mission design and side-quests.

Shahkulu101
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Black Flag is the best for me - the mission design is fantastic, almost everything is open-ended. They managed to make a tailing mission fun. (Siege of Charles Towne, Sequence 6)

FrankieSatt
11-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Easily AC2

lothario-da-be
11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Can't decide yet. I have to play more then 28 hours. I think i will be able to judge afther 100 hours.

xx-pyro
11-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Black Flag was incredible, I'm so happy I decided to buy it instead of waiting for Christmas break.

guardian_titan
11-03-2013, 07:33 PM
How is this a fair poll? Those who are waiting to play AC4 on Next Gen or PC have yet to play the game and of those, some may not have watched videos so aren't too aware of the gameplay. Some may not be getting the game until Christmas. On top of that, how many people of the millions who play the game actually post here? Some are currently in hiding to avoid spoilers so won't post here until after they've played the game. It's a biased sample at best. A poll like this is better off waiting until January at least to give everyone who does come to the forums a chance to get the game and play though it.

Besides, this is no different than who likes chocolate or vanilla more. Everyone has their opinion. Is any one right? No. It's your opinion. Your's is no more right than another. All it does is serve to divide the community more by pointing out something so small as who likes which game better. This argument has cropped up with every new assassin. Altair vs Ezio. Altair vs Ezio vs Connor ... vs Haytham. Altair vs Ezio vs Connor vs Haytham vs Edward. This is getting rather old. Can't we just agree that we enjoy something with the series which is why we're fans and not divide the community based upon something trivial like which game is better?

Shahkulu101
11-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Easily AC2

Feel the need to say this about Assassin's Creed 4

Including the assassination contracts(30) and Tempar hunts (5) I have so far played over 40 assassinations (can't quite remember how many I've done in the main story) and I've only just finished sequence 7, none of these have been ship battles or scripted. (although a couple included infiltrating a docked ship)

It's all open ended, there are various routes and choices to be made. Stealth can be utilized more times than ever before and of course there are more stealth elements(blowpipe, stalking zones etc) that are properly implemented to be used at your disposal. I haven't included plantations, which are plentiful and regenerate over time - these include having to locate the key holder and steal cargo from the warehouse - if you are detected a bell is rung and reinforcements arrive, you can stealthily sabotage these bells to prevent this.

bismp
11-03-2013, 07:48 PM
How is this a fair poll? Those who are waiting to play AC4 on Next Gen or PC have yet to play the game and of those, some may not have watched videos so aren't too aware of the gameplay. Some may not be getting the game until Christmas. On top of that, how many people of the millions who play the game actually post here? Some are currently in hiding to avoid spoilers so won't post here until after they've played the game. It's a biased sample at best. A poll like this is better off waiting until January at least to give everyone who does come to the forums a chance to get the game and play though it.

Besides, this is no different than who likes chocolate or vanilla more. Everyone has their opinion. Is any one right? No. It's your opinion. Your's is no more right than another. All it does is serve to divide the community more by pointing out something so small as who likes which game better. This argument has cropped up with every new assassin. Altair vs Ezio. Altair vs Ezio vs Connor ... vs Haytham. Altair vs Ezio vs Connor vs Haytham vs Edward. This is getting rather old. Can't we just agree that we enjoy something with the series which is why we're fans and not divide the community based upon something trivial like which game is better?

I haven't played ac4 too but voted...this poll wasn't made to divide.of course everyone can have his opinion.
Also,if you think hat it is too early to make apoll, make another one whenever you want.besides, when someone does a research about something he only uses a Sample.so if we want to find out which game the fans BELIEVE that is the best, we don't need every one of them.

bismp
11-03-2013, 08:30 PM

jabulaniman
11-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Ac4 has the best gameplay. Easily. It's huge, detailed, fun, interesting. So much to do, so much to see, etc I could go on and on.

bismp
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Please don't bump threads - thanks!

Ritterkreuz1978
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
So far IV is proving my Favorite, although I really liked 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations was fun but way too short, and although I liked the time frame and setting of 3 it was just to frustratingly difficult.

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
AC4 does, to be honest it should go

AC4
AC3
ACR
ACB
AC2
AC1

However I think it's closer to this.

AC4
ACB
AC2
AC3/ACR
AC1

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2013, 03:43 PM
AC4 took everything that was bad from AC3, made it better, and then added a little more sparkle! The only thing that I like about AC3 better is the story, but that is my personal opinion. I still think Darby did a fantastic job, although the period from sequence 5 to sequence 10 has little to no mention of assassins. I mean, we even see Ah Tabai, the mentor, like 3 times in the game. The story is great, but I wish they began Edward's transition into the assassins earlier into the game, because even within the last few sequences, Edward is still very very greedy and a ****. This I believe is what many of the critics were complaining about with the story.

However, it still is amazing, and I can not wait to see how much more amazing it is on the next gen.

pirate1802
11-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Wolfmiester, do you not know how to use spoiler tags? :( You almost broke my nospoiler streak!

Sushiglutton
11-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Haha this will never be settled ;)! There are a couple of these threads/month ranking the games and people just disagree and there is nothing wrong with that.

Mr_Shade
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Wolfmiester, do you not know how to use spoiler tags? :( You almost broke my nospoiler streak!
indeed.

And WHY on earth would anyone post spoilers in a thread like this..

sigh..

I can see bans incoming..

luckyto
11-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I can't believe I'm not voting AC1. AC4 may have the third best combat in the series, but it outclasses every other AC in every other category. It's an easy #1.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I love AC4 after the disaster that was AC3 I was about ready to give up Assassins Creed, thank god I didn't. For me AC4 > AC2 > ACB > AC1 > ACR > AC3.

EaglePrince25
11-04-2013, 07:43 PM
AC2, but just barely. It's very, very close between 2 and 4 at this point. I'd say 4 improved on 3 just as much as 2 did on 1.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 07:48 PM
honestly, I think people are incapable of letting go of ac2 and acb. they seem afraid that they'll be betraying someone or that something might happen to them if they choose other than ac2 or acb. ac4 vastly improved upon EVERYTHING. my previous favorite was ac2, but ac4 just blows everything out of the water. it's factually a better game.

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Or AC2 and ACB were just good games, but I do like AC4.

riftsNglyphs
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Or AC2 and ACB were just good games, but I do like AC4.

they were good imo yes, but like I said, factually, ac4 kicks BOTH out of the water.

bismp
11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Any suggestions about the other parts?iwas thinking that the next part should be about the story(main character,modern day story,ancestor's story,villains etc)

DinoSteve1
11-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd like an Assassin's Creed game set around now, but no one else likes that idea, so in future games seeing Victorian England would be nice or the French Revloution would be cool to not to mention how awesome Feudal Japan would be or Rome could be sweet too.