PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Black Flag

DRUSUS27
11-03-2013, 05:46 PM
How do you get more Fire barrels , for the ships in your fleet ? And how can you do ship battles without them ?

SenseHomunculus
11-04-2013, 05:46 PM
How do you get more Fire barrels , for the ships in your fleet ? And how can you do ship battles without them ?

How do you get them? Either buy them from a harbour master or salvage from an enemy ship boarding. Is that what you're asking?

GotFall
11-04-2013, 07:06 PM
You get them by battling. The fire barrels are kind of a "special" attack I guess.

You can battle without them, simply press Y on the Xbox 360 when you are on a dangerous city to initiate a battle and then simply wait, your ships and the enemy ships will start firing normal rounds. Before the battle you should make sure your ship can win though, usually you should be aiming for a 100% chance at winning before battling. Bare in mind you can have up to 3 ships in your battle.

That's basically it, you win resources and occasionally gain a fire barrel after the fight has finished.

B3NJY 1993
11-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Using fire barrels in a battle should be a bit of a last resort, really. If you have a 100% chance of success, you should do alright. When I started Kenway's Fleet, I was unaware that the fire barrels were a special attack, and simply though that they were the only attack, I quickly ran out, and found out that they weren't necessary for winning a battle. The only way I seem to earn them, now is by winning ship battles, but I've only managed to acquire one.

SenseHomunculus
11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Using fire barrels in a battle should be a bit of a last resort, really. If you have a 100% chance of success, you should do alright. When I started Kenway's Fleet, I was unaware that the fire barrels were a special attack, and simply though that they were the only attack, I quickly ran out, and found out that they weren't necessary for winning a battle. The only way I seem to earn them, now is by winning ship battles, but I've only managed to acquire one.

I did that too, oops!! Then I got into tougher battles and didn't have them when I wanted them! Now I only use them when my men-of-war go up against enemy men-of-war.

Keep doing the battles and you'll gain them back slowly. I now how about 20 stockpiled.

messymedic
11-08-2013, 07:53 PM

You also get a fire barrel every time you speed up one of your friends ships. It's probably the fastest, easiest way to acquire them.