PDA

View Full Version : Coordinates help?

MeanAvenger
11-03-2013, 09:19 AM
HI,

I know I'm probably overlooking something simple, or over thinking it too much but I can't figure out how the coordinates system works! Everyone says that all I need to do is use the coordinates on my world map to pinpoint my current location, and use that to find the location the coordinates on the treasure map refers to.

My problem: The coordinates on my world map never change. The only coordinates on my world map are the exact coordinates listed on the map, So they obviously don't pinpoint "My" location.

What gives?

Reacher008
11-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Greetings MeanAvenger!

It seems you and I are on the same boat (no pun intended). I have also asked around A LOT to see if someone can explain to me how the map coordinates work and thus far I haven't found anything yet. I would like to ask you that when you understand how the map coordinates work before I do, if you would be so kind as to post the answer to our common problem here please.

If I find the answer before you, I commit myself to post it here or to write to you directly so that you also know the solution.

Have a good day MeanAvenger, I hope we solve this difficulty soon and continue to play and have fun with this extraordinary game.

EDIT: I DID IT! Great news MeanAvenger, I have learned the map coordinates system! It's very simple, here it goes:

Let's say you're in Havanna and you push "Select" and your map pops up, yes? That map shows you the shops, the collectibles, the assassin contracts, etc. Now, if you move the cursor, the coordinates WON'T CHANGE. No matter where you move it, it will still remain the same. Now, while the map is on screen, press R3 (press your right analog stick) and the map should zoom out showing you what I would call "THE WORLD MAP". In this map, you move your cursor and the coordinates DO CHANGE! To go back to the "AREA MAP" (That's the name I'll give to the map that shows the shops, collectibles, etc.) just zoom in with your right analog stick or click on the "Triangle" button and it will zoom back to your exact location,

I hope this has helped you and if you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Have a good day MeanAvenger!

MeanAvenger
11-03-2013, 11:57 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME!

I can't believe no one has posted this information anywhere. Zooming out to the world map isn't even listed as an option on the area map. And every treasure map webpage I read (and there were a lot) just said to use the coordinates.

Thank you so much! I'm not very proficient with this game yet, but if you need anything just message me and I'll try to return the favor!

Reacher008
11-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, it's really weird that nobody has ever said this before! I mean, ok, maybe the zooming in and out might be obvious but THERE ISN'T A FREAKING BUTTON OR EXPLANATION ON HOW TO DO THAT! but oh well, now we know how to do it too haha. Don't worry, I haven't passed the second sequence yet, I'm just going from here to there checking out the things I can do.

Thanks for the future help :D The same to you, if you ever need help, message me and i'll try to help.

omniqix
11-09-2013, 12:08 PM
also wanted to add that some places - such as Havana, Cape Bonavista - mostly big places, the coordinates will stay the same when zoomed in like you said

But there are also many places that do have changing coordinates even when zoomed in

stabbarella
11-16-2013, 03:51 AM
This is the goofiest system I have seen for coordinates. Maybe they wanted to reduce resolution to make it harder to share where things are at but man

stabbarella
11-16-2013, 06:40 AM
This is still not working for me. In Havana, I zoom out for the chest at 240,607. When I zoom in and mark, I am on the east side. There is nothing there other than a normal chest. It's nowhere near where the map is showing to go. Is there something odd about the PS4 maps?

omniqix
11-16-2013, 07:13 AM
This is still not working for me. In Havana, I zoom out for the chest at 240,607. When I zoom in and mark, I am on the east side. There is nothing there other than a normal chest. It's nowhere near where the map is showing to go. Is there something odd about the PS4 maps?

240,607 are the general coordinates for Havana. You have to figure out where the chest is by reading the treasure map.

If you are still stuck, use this Treasure Map Tool (http://orcz.com/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Treasure_Map_Tool) to help you find the exact location

Hope this helps!

stabbarella
11-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Ah, that makes sense! Ok, I'm not looking for a handout, just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

Skeeter159
12-03-2015, 04:05 PM
What I'm looking for is how do I work the at the right. hand top to get them to work to find a lost letter or any other item??