PDA

View Full Version : Legendary ships/list of ships?

Th3 Code
11-03-2013, 07:57 AM
This is a 2-part question...

I have been meaning to ask this for a few days but is there a known list of all known ships in AC4? I have so far seen the Gunboats, Schooners, Brigs, Frigates, and Man O Wars - and I was just wondering if there's larger ships. Is Man O War the largest non-legendary/common ship there is that you can find in the seas and are they captureable? I mainly ask if you can capture one because I notice they're around 3 times the height of the Jackdaw.

My 2nd question is about Legendary Ships. I took a cove a few minutes ago and a red icon showed up on the map that shows a "Legendary Ship" and I tried to confront it but as it was level 75 and practically had 150 cannons each side I was wondering if these ships are dynamic. Will it still be there later if I leave or are they also random and unlimited? I would bet my entire salary that they are limited and probably only 4 of them in the game, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if they were random. I'm hoping that they are dynamic and just randomly spawn on the map much like Royal Treasure ships.

Now wouldn't it be awesome if you could also captain larger ships like a Frigate or a Man O War instead of the Jackdaw...? What is the Jackdaw anyways? A Schooner?

Th3 Code
11-04-2013, 07:05 AM
So now I have around 3 legendary ships on my map. I still have yet to attack one of them except for the first one I saw even though that was an epic suicide run... But I'm starting to believe more and more that these are not random events.

Still the largest ship I have seen excluding legendary ships is the Man O War...

When is a good time to attack legendary ships? My armor is elite, gun sets are elite, round balls are elite, swivles are elite, my hard shot is elite. At this point in the 4th sequence I can steam roll over Man O Wars with barely any problem.

GotFall
11-04-2013, 07:24 PM
That's a good question - I would like to know too!

I'm not sure if it'll tell you, but I recall seeing a database of ships by using something in the hideout. I didn't pay much attention to it though.

As for the legendary ships, I've no idea. I've only ever managed to get it just below half health, and that's with half of the round shot upgrades and the rest upgraded to the point where I need the elite plans. So I imagine you should be able to get it if you're that far? They are suicide missions though lol.

I'm not sure that they are random, there are 4 of them, each in one corner, but whether they respawn etc. I'm not sure as I've not killed one yet.

hoju74
11-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I tried taking on the legendary ship in the northwest corner of the map, and I'm only a little past halfway upgraded. I was basically kindling after about 40 seconds.
I don't think these respawn. I'm pretty sure there's only 4.

I'm guessing the best approach is to save these legendary ships for late in the game when you have the Jackdaw maxed out ?

Xmisto
11-05-2013, 01:42 AM
I tried taking on the legendary ship in the northwest corner of the map, and I'm only a little past halfway upgraded. I was basically kindling after about 40 seconds.
I don't think these respawn. I'm pretty sure there's only 4.

I'm guessing the best approach is to save these legendary ships for late in the game when you have the Jackdaw maxed out ?

Yeah, I'm assuming the same thing as well.

Th3 Code
11-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Holy crap.. My Jackdaw is maxed out now and I just tried to attack the level 75 Legendary ship in the lower left corner and I only was able to knock off 10-15% health off of it and all it did was stay there stationary for the most part mortaring me with perfect precision and trajectory. That thing is just devastation and your ship isn't fast enough to maneuver or dodge the mortar hits.

wigster2012
11-10-2013, 12:17 PM
It remains there until you beat them, once you've beat them there gone. You can't add it to your fleet or even board it, they are very, very difficult but there are ways to beat them. I've just defeated HMS Prince which is the one in the lower right hand corner. I'm going to try the 2 on the left hand side first before I take on the top right because I know whats awaiting.

TheWhiteTigeRR
11-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Holy crap.. My Jackdaw is maxed out now and I just tried to attack the level 75 Legendary ship in the lower left corner and I only was able to knock off 10-15% health off of it and all it did was stay there stationary for the most part mortaring me with perfect precision and trajectory. That thing is just devastation and your ship isn't fast enough to maneuver or dodge the mortar hits.

Each of those legendary ships has it's own weakness, and this one is best destroyed with the Elite Ram, you'll notice that it slows down and even stops sometimes, when you ram it it's take heavy damage. The other legendary ships don't take this much damage when rammed but this one does. :)

BMoattari
11-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

The Legendary Ship in the northwest corner of the map actually entails battling TWO LEGENDARY SHIPS as opposed to one.
Now, it seems totally unnecessary (and painful), but I've found that focusing on one ship, then the other, greatly increases your chances of surviving against them.

As for the other Legendary Ships, TheWhiteTigeRR is right: each one has its own weakness. You'll need to find it before going in, because if you DON'T, it won't matter how much you've upgraded the Jackdaw - you'll still be wrecked in a matter of minutes. Try to experiment with mortars, heavy shot, ramming, even fire barrels (if you're REALLY desperate) and note the amount of damage done. Find the most effective weapon, and voila! It may take a few tries to approach the Legendary Ship correctly, but it'll eventually work.

Good Luck!

hoju74
11-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I've had good luck using a combination of ramming and chain shot. It seems a couple of the legendary ships have a weekness in the back.

DeAtHCoRe92
04-20-2015, 05:54 AM
I took it out easy after my 3rd try. First i tried at about 40% weps and armor. Epicly failed. Then i went on a battle spree to get a **** ton of money. Tried attacking it at max heavy wepons not barrels or fully upgraded ram sweivel or barels but everything else is maxed.so at 92% weps and armor. Still got f***** up. Kept listining tothe black guy in the story. Kept saying "keep a safe distance". At the time i didnt know what the sweuvle actually did but it was almost all the way maxed. But you cant just go head on with that. You have to learn the weakness. 3rd try i was mad n was likeim going to get so close and ram this boat up your ***. Using combo, chains, sweivle, morters on approach max heavy shot just hugging the back side of the hull for cover. When getting mortered learn to dodge snd make your enemy predict the wrong spot. If you do get mortered charge the enemy and try to stay on their back side. Alter yourflaps to take super sharp turns so that you do not loose your place.