PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a different direction with regard to graphics

ARandomKid
11-03-2013, 04:19 AM
So I've got a bit of a dilemma here: I'm excited for Black Flag. I know it'll have all the new next-gen features and stuff, and I am slightly unsure of my graphics card's capabilities to run the next-gen graphical stuff in this regard.

My question is: on the minimum settings, are the next-gen features disabled or is there an option to disable them? If I can play the game, I don't need super-maxed out next-gen graphics and stuff. I was able to run AC3 just fine, and I feel like if I can disable the next-gen graphics enhancements I'd be good to go.

D.I.D.
11-03-2013, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't worry. AC tends to give you only the most rudimentary of graphics settings, but your machine isn't going to be taxed with things it can't do. Anti-aliasing and shadows are the two biggest things to worry about, so set those to a minimum and you should be fine (and maybe you can creep them up one by one and see how you do). At the very worst, you might need a lower resolution than your monitor's native res, but that's a last resort.

Many of the new fancy operations touted as "next gen" are going to be skipped if the PC is not running a DX11 card, so I wouldn't worry about tesselation, particles, the latest lighting tricks, etc.

What is your GPU?

ARandomKid
11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I've got an AMD Radeon HD 4650 1GB, so basically just under the minimum. I'm sure it'd be fine in the end, but a little reassurance never hurt anyone :P

Really should upgrade it already, but eh. Too lazy.

Coenraad
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
If i am not mistaken i read somewhere where ubi announced that AC4 wil actualy run better then AC3 due to better optimization.

EP3nquin
11-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I remember hearing something Similar as well. I hope that is the case

Mr_Shade
11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Officially, you are under the requirements, so you may have issues.

So, any advice taken should take that into consideration - since you may have to make some sacrifices in terms of graphics.

There will be some settings which may help, however officially, you are not hitting the requirements, so you purchase knowing that.

strigoi1958
11-05-2013, 02:31 PM
For me it has always been about the gameplay rather than graphics... I've seen some games that are visually brilliant but without much substance or appeal... then I've seen games with graphics that are minimal but the gameplay is so good I play them over and over and I couldn't care less about how simple the game is visually..... That said,.... The first time I played revelations in HD stopped me playing just to look at the city and take in the detail of the clothing... It is more than possible than the game will run with your card and with all settings set to off or low... but then don't YOU deserve more. I just looked online at ebay at 3 cards recommended for AC4
hd 4870 (56 ish)..... (ignoring the 2nd hand cards at around 40 to 50)
HD 7770 (70 ish) .....(ignoring the 2nd hand cards at around 40 to 50)
HD 5850 (70 but seller refurbished)

Spending 30 to 100+ on a game is a one off but 60 to 80 on a better GFX card that will be used to enhance your next 20 games works out better value... even if you only get 10 for your old card :-) And as I said don't you owe it to yourself to get every pennies worth out of a game :-)