PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag DLC: Aveline not coming to xbox?

Wilkisama
11-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Im having a hard time understanding why this would not eventually be ported over, when apparently Aveline and liberation are enough of an asset to turn into liberation hd for all the main systems.

ubisoft seems pretty responsive so maybe a rally cry from xbox users? i know i'd pay for this dlc.

btw i think that in general, the days of console specific exclusives should go the same way as the online passes. do it as a release bonus but dont exclude people from good content just because they have the 'wrong' console. i mean i own every one of the main games, all the dlc except some preorders, i get collectors editions when i can afford to, im even getting some of the macfarlane figures. but i cant play a dlc cuz ive been buying all of this stuff for the 'wrong' system. see where im coming from?

but hey ubi says its listens to customers, even kinda proved so with the passes, so theres my feedback.

roostersrule2
11-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Because porting cost money and since the games would have been out for 6 months, people wouldn't buy an Xbox because of that, so MS wont pay Ubiosft because it's a waste of money.

ace3001
11-03-2013, 05:50 AM
Because porting cost money and since the games would have been out for 6 months, people wouldn't buy an Xbox because of that, so MS wont pay Ubiosft because it's a waste of money.
Black Flag hasn't been out for even a week. And porting doesn't work the way you think. After having 99% of the game ported, having another couple of missions available on a different platform isn't something that's going to cost so much money.
But all the same, exclusivity is something that happens these days, so I don't see it ever coming to Xbox.

roostersrule2
11-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Black Flag hasn't been out for even a week. And porting doesn't work the way you think. After having 99% of the game ported, having another couple of missions available on a different platform isn't something that's going to cost so much money.
But all the same, exclusivity is something that happens these days, so I don't see it ever coming to Xbox.-_-

When the DLC exclusivity runs out it would have been out for 6 months.

It still cost money though and putting DLC on the XBL marketplace isn't cheap. MS would also have to pay for it and I highly doubt they'd want to.

Wilkisama
11-03-2013, 08:49 AM
As far as cost, that's part of the point of this poll, if they see that there is a market for it, it can happen. I'd throw down a few bucks on it, and im sure enough Xbox users would to make it worth the cost of porting, not to mention that the they are making liberation HD for both systems, thus ubisoft will be working on Xbox aveline content anyways. Not that its the same programming resources, or any easier, but it does mean that Sony exclusive content doesn't have to stay exclusive. In fact seeing as they'll be working on the Xbox version of liberation HD longer (PS has release date, Xbox doesn't) they could hold off the extra time it would take and release both things for Xbox at once and possibly draw a bigger Xbox audience to avelines story than they would have. Black flag owners that didnt have an interest in getting lib, might gain interest by being exposed to her in black flag. From a business/ profit standpoint I think its still a good idea. They got their boosted sales n preorders from the deal, but at this point keeping it from Xbox users won't help Sony or ubi make sales, and it can obviously hurt ubi in theyre xbox market. I can tell you one thing, ill stop playing a series before I buy a different console to play it (here's to you, kingdom hearts) and at least two games in a row have had ps exclusives... Ya kinda start to feel like ubi doesn't love you when you have an xbox

ace3001
11-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Ya kinda start to feel like ubi doesn't love you when you have an xboxStop whining. You can at least play the damned game, while we PC players have to worry about avoiding spoilers for three more weeks.

bondboy_88
11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Its not much you are missing on to be honest, just a linear side story featuring Aveline as the main character. No open world stuff whatsoever.

Wilkisama
11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Im not really whining, just stating my case n opinion. That last sentence was supposed to be humorous actually. But take it as you will. N as far as not missing out on much, I didnt think I was, still want it lol.

LieutenantJojo
11-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Its not much you are missing on to be honest, just a linear side story featuring Aveline as the main character. No open world stuff whatsoever.

This. It's really not worth anything. I was at least expecting something nice at the end of the story, but not even that.

Mr_Shade
11-03-2013, 06:42 PM
-_-

When the DLC exclusivity runs out it would have been out for 6 months.

It still cost money though and putting DLC on the XBL marketplace isn't cheap. MS would also have to pay for it and I highly doubt they'd want to.
Hi,

I'm sorry but the Aveline content is exclusive to Sony consoles, and won't be appearing on Xbox consoles.

This has been already spoken about:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/assassins-creed-4-playstation-dlc-not-coming-to-xbox

The only place to play the content on console - is PS3 and PS4.

Locking thread, due to poll bringing false hope.