PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Challenge - 8/9 weapons

Mjolimer12
11-03-2013, 01:37 AM
In the FIGHTER section of the Abstergo Challenges it requires you to kill an enemy with every kind of weapon. I have done 8/9 can anyone help with what the weapons are? What am I missing?

Thanks

X-GTASA-X
11-03-2013, 04:19 AM
In the FIGHTER section of the Abstergo Challenges it requires you to kill an enemy with every kind of weapon. I have done 8/9 can anyone help with what the weapons are? What am I missing?

Thanks

You have to disarm a guard with a knife and it will add the knife to your weapon selector and then you can throw it.

Mjolimer12
11-03-2013, 04:25 AM
I've already done this because you have to do it for the kill 3 agile guards challenge.

Sword
Pistols
Throwing Knife
Blowpipe
Rope Dart
Axe
Hidden Blades
Musket

But what is the ninth?

Nikitaaz
11-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I've already done this because you have to do it for the kill 3 agile guards challenge.

Sword
Pistols
Throwing Knife
Blowpipe
Rope Dart
Axe
Hidden Blades
Musket

But what is the ninth?

Yes! I have the same problem! But my friend did not! He completed it. So I think this is a messed up bug. If you play the very first mission (yes I started another game) en you kill the assassin Duncan Walpole it says 2/9 sometimes. So I think it's bugged. But why would ubi say */9 weapons If there are only 8? Maybe the single handed sword does not synchronize or the unarmed does not?

KingPavelas
11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi,i have the same problem,would appreciate any help from people who completed that challenge.

Landruner
11-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Sword
Pistols
Throwing Knife
Blowpipe
Rope Dart
Axe
Hidden Blades
Musket

But what is the ninth?

That means that Perhaps a new weapon can POP around with some coming -up DLCs - You have a pre-announcement at the menu for the coming-up DLCs // Main game menu /"additional content rectangle" - In the list you have Freedom cry and also another one including some weapons From Altair & Ezio (Coming soon) - Perhaps, that this DLC includes the missing one (?)

Kagurra
11-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Possibly single sword or a different heavy weapon. Or maaaaybe there are improvised weapons again like in ac2. I wouldn't know, I haven't played yet.

MinoDan
11-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Maybe single sword or killing a guard while incapacitaded by an smoke bomb?

MinoDan
11-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I actually had the same problem but I missed the axe.

Mjolimer12
11-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I've used:

Single sword
Dual sword
Pistol
Rope dart (both in combat and the hanging method)
Smoke incapacitate
Hidden blades
Blowpipe (Beserk dart)
Throwing knife
Musket (both shooting and fighting)
Axe

Yet still I am only 8/9

BannedOnce
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Same boat (pun intended). Not only am I 8/9 weapons, I'm also 5/6 sea animals. These are literally the only things keeping me from 100%.

sam_ch1
11-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I have the same problem with the weapons challenge!... Try everything, every weapon avaiable in my inventory... Try the knife of agile guard, also the axe, the musquet... and nothing happens. Maybe ther's a especific weapon in story line! I don't know...
Please, help!!!!

zkorejo
11-06-2013, 12:02 AM
No mace in this game?

Try throwing a barrel near an enemy and blowing it up. It may work.

sam_ch1
11-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Thanks zkorejo, but didn'd work!

FairlySeeU
11-06-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm having a problem too with the weapon challange but for me I can only get 7/9. I have tried with all weapons but I can only get 7/9 qq

clearwater007
11-07-2013, 04:23 AM
i have the same thing here ...i have done everthing in the game
but i cant get the 9/9 on that

i have done everthing you can think off. rope spear. axe .trowing knife .pistol.musket..all the swords.single zword i ripped pff the enemy..canon on boat.hiden blades .fist

SEPIRC
11-07-2013, 11:04 AM
same here stuck at 7 though?

clearwater007
11-07-2013, 02:10 PM
I've used:

Single sword
Dual sword
Pistol
Rope dart (both in combat and the hanging method)
Smoke incapacitate
Hidden blades
Blowpipe (Beserk dart)
Throwing knife
Musket (both shooting and fighting)
Axe

Yet still I am only 8/9

and i used this + hitsquad kills + canons kill ship + kill from air + Blowpipe (Beserk dart) autokill + push enemy on fire + push enemy to granade from brute + kill from below + kill trow in water
+kill with fist when youre in combat + kill when stamp on him + kill both way with axe from brute + kill with every own weapon there is + kill with pouderbarrel small one and the big ones that you have to lit

i realy dont know what i am am supose t do know

JohnnyT6623
11-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Let's really hope they fix this. I'm a huge fan and 5his is the second AC game in a row to have an issue with these dumb *** challenges! First on 3 it was the ever so BORING encyclopedia of the common ******* and now this crap. I've killed with every single weapon and every way imagine able. ****s sake fix this! And that ending... SMH

sam_ch1
11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Let's really hope they fix this. I'm a huge fan and 5his is the second AC game in a row to have an issue with these dumb *** challenges! First on 3 it was the ever so BORING encyclopedia of the common ******* and now this crap. I've killed with every single weapon and every way imagine able. ****s sake fix this! And that ending... SMH

I hope there's something we not tried yet!...
Some guys already complete this challenge, but even knows what they did.
That's a realy crap.

Somebody help us!

clearwater007
11-08-2013, 12:45 PM
i have now been killing for 2 straight days did the story over in case i missed something but no

still stuck @ 8 of 9 al other things i have only this thing will not go to to 9
i also been lookingup the internet on other site's but i can find the solution
but i can find very much people who have the same thing

Krayus Korianis
11-12-2013, 02:48 AM
Has anyone "thrown" an axe into someone's head? I mean, I did that and I got the challenge to pop complete.

Akinokaze FA
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I think this might be a bug connected to the hidden blade.

I've killed with:
1: swivel gun
2: Musket [shooting and melee]
3: agile knive
4: single-sword
5: brute axe [melee and special]
6: guns
7: edwards swords
8: rope dart [hang, strangle from ledge, counter-kill]
9: darts [both of them]
10: fists
11: hidden blades.

That's what I remember and know for sure I've used and am at 8/9.

The reason I think the hidden blades could be the problem is because at the start of the game, before getting the hidden blades, I did what was animated as a hidden blade kill. It's possible the game ticked it off as done, didn't add it to the challenge list due to being at a point where you don't have the weapon and now refuses to count the kills.

Anykeyer
11-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Did you try to finish off guards you knocked out with fists?

JCar4327
11-27-2013, 03:20 AM
I starteda new game and used weapons in this order:

Double sword -used to kill Duncan
throwing knife - by disarming agile guard
boarding axe
musket - by firing it
musket - as melee weapon
single sword - by disarming a regular guard
hidden blades - once received
blow pipe - beserk dart
rope dart

The swivel canon didn't count. I did go back and try all of these on my first game with no luck of completing the challenge, so there may still be a glitch.

SoulWarrior84
11-30-2013, 12:41 AM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/401189131768041474

Akinokaze FA
11-30-2013, 01:08 PM
https://twitter.com/assassinscreed/status/401189131768041474
Thanks for sharing this as I have both of these bugs and they are all that is stopping me from 100%

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2013, 02:45 AM
This glitch is stopping me from getting 100%. I don't know why Ubisoft haven't sorted it after all the time?

Vogue_77
12-02-2013, 05:41 AM
I had no problem getting this achievement, was at 8/9 before I unlocked the rope dart (which gave me 9/9 and achievement), I wasn't actively pursuing the achievement, it's just my playstyle trying to experiment with everything possible (also big fan of kill cinematics with various weapons etc).

Akinokaze FA
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
The game has now been patched fixing the assassination contracts bug, does anyone know if this bug has been fixed as well?

Please only comment if you have been stuck with this bug and since the new patch have finished the challenge [and which weapon you finished it with.]

EmptyCrustacean
12-11-2013, 12:58 AM
The 8/9 weapon glitch appears to be fixed now, says completed next to it but we shall see...

Akinokaze FA
12-11-2013, 10:50 AM
The 8/9 weapon glitch appears to be fixed now, says completed next to it but we shall see...
I does seem that way but this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806204-Abstergo-Challenges-Kill-enemies-with-every-type-of-weapon-(9-total) says that while it's saying it's complete it isn't adding to the total challenges number [leaving people at 99/100]

EmptyCrustacean
12-11-2013, 11:34 PM
I does seem that way but this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806204-Abstergo-Challenges-Kill-enemies-with-every-type-of-weapon-(9-total) says that while it's saying it's complete it isn't adding to the total challenges number [leaving people at 99/100]

I knew it was too soon to start celebrating! I've done 98 out of 100 challenges but it's saying I've only done 97! Ah, what a waste!!! And what's worse is that I've got 100% for the game, even got the "By The Book" achievement. Sort it out, Ubisoft!

Akinokaze FA
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Tried the game yesterday after my post, this challenge is now "complete" but I'm still at 99/100 just like when it was stuck at 8/9.

nellyhoose
12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
PS3 user I deleted my game save (stuck at 99/100 after the last 2 or 3 patches), I deleted the game profile (as suggested on another site) and nothing is working. I started the game over again and I realized something, when I got to Havana, purchased the British Cutlasses [killed the guards chasing you in Sequence 2, Memory 1, and the fighter challenge is showing 1 out of 9 [should be 2 out of 9]. I backtracked, killed Duncan Warpole with the default sword, knocked out the guards near Stede Bonnet before you save him, and 1 out of 9 still shows. I'm wondering if this could be where the glitch is starting. Early enough in the game it may not be noticed, between purchasing new weapons and advancing in the game. Are the cutlasses are being counted as 1 weapon along with the default sword between Cape Bonavista and Havana. [I'm gonna try to keep track of the weapons as I'm getting them, and Unarmed combat or sword had to be the first or second one]. Is anybody else having the problem early on in the game?

JSF-89
12-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Any word on this? I've got the same issue as everyone else now that the challenge itself has been patched. Stuck at 99 challenges.

oh. and screw you Ubi for forcing this Uplay log in on us. It was a nightmare trying to long in just ot post this.

RespectedLeon
12-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I had this same bug on my first save, It got to me so much I deleted it and started a new one which I was able to complete the challenge on. It seems though, My challenges are at 99/100 and I'm at 100% sync but all of them say completed. I have found a post with a problem similar to this page but no regards to this one challenge though, might help you guys out

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/807886-Abstergo-Challenges-series-bug-right-from-the-start

Choister
12-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I think the ninth weapon is the throwing knife.
For weeks I have problems with the 'disarm and kill agile guards' and 'kill with every time of weapon 8/9'
For those with AC4 PC version, you can select the throwing knife if you hold the Q button. The primary weapon icons should pops up at the bottom right of your computer screen (showing unarmed, hidden blades and swords icon). While still holding the Q button, rotate the wheel on your mouse, the secondary weapon icons pop up. It will show the throwing knife above the 'coins' icon.
Today when I finish the 'disarm and kill agile guards' challenge, then it prompt me that i completed the first challenge followed by 'kill with every time of weapon 9/9'

SantaWoman
12-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I had this same bug on my first save, It got to me so much I deleted it and started a new one which I was able to complete the challenge on. It seems though, My challenges are at 99/100 and I'm at 100% sync but all of them say completed. Feodosia (http://kafa-search.com/)
I have found a post with a problem similar to this page but no regards to this one challenge though, might help you guys out.
I all your problems are solved full uninstall and re-installation of programs ... :rolleyes: