PDA

View Full Version : Aquila figurehead for the Jackdaw

B3NJY 1993
11-03-2013, 12:24 AM
The condition for unlocking the Aquila's figurehead is stated as "plunder three royal convoys", yet after plundering at least five, it has not been unlocked. I was wandering if anyone knew anything about this, is it a bug, has anyone else encountered it, do you need to plunder every ship accompanying the convoy, ect...?

TJ_Wylde
11-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I think (don't pin me on this i don't have the game open atm) that you still have to buy/craft it from your captains cabin or harbormaster after you unlock it. Think i saw that for the wheel so i'm guessing it's also for the figurehead.

B3NJY 1993
11-03-2013, 01:03 AM
I wandered about that, but it has a purchase cost of 0R, and apparently doesn't require any wood to make.

EDIT: Its is also listed as "unavailable".

Zellzin
11-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Same here, I can't figure it out

B3NJY 1993
11-03-2013, 02:22 AM
I've just checked, and its not available from the harbourmaster, either... thought I'd give it a try.

Zellzin
11-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I checked again inside the cabin after plundering yet another Royal Convoy and I was able to equip it. I must have plundered around 7 of them

TJ_Wylde
11-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Hmm i'll have a look after breakfast to see if it's unlocked (i kinda skipped over 90% of them only made my ship almost all black/gold :p). I got like everything unlocked, upgraded and done a couple dozen convoy's so far. Mostly community shared as well (don't know if that was a requirement though). So i should have it. If not. Yeah then it's really bugged haha.

Edit: yep i checked. And also don't have it. If that's supposed to unlock with 3 royal convoys then i really wonder how cause after 12 nothing yet. Maybe 3 in succession in a single play (timewise not story). Though just guessing here.

Evil 5teven
11-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Hmm i'll have a look after breakfast to see if it's unlocked (i kinda skipped over 90% of them only made my ship almost all black/gold :p). I got like everything unlocked, upgraded and done a couple dozen convoy's so far. Mostly community shared as well (don't know if that was a requirement though). So i should have it. If not. Yeah then it's really bugged haha.

Edit: yep i checked. And also don't have it. If that's supposed to unlock with 3 royal convoys then i really wonder how cause after 12 nothing yet. Maybe 3 in succession in a single play (timewise not story). Though just guessing here.

Well...I've just plundered (boarded) 3 convoys in a row and it has not unlocked.

Sadly the last one I plundered happened whilst I was not connected to Ubisoft servers...maybe that's it?

It is kind of strange tho...It's the only piece i'm missing.

Laukidh
11-04-2013, 03:05 AM
I was having the same issue. I wonder if this is one of the community event convoys, though. I found one that was carrying 10k reales, waaaay more than the usual convoys.

TJ_Wylde
11-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Yeah but if that was the case Laukidh then i should have had it by now. More then half of the convoys i crash are community events. I don't bother with the regular once. They just aren't worth my time anymore given how much i get from lvl29+ frigates and high level man -o war ships in materials (especially lvl29+ frigates with 100+ sugar on them that only take me 10s to get down to boarding). And yes i got easy talking with everything 100% upgraded to elite though.

Evil 5teven
11-04-2013, 09:41 PM
mmm..maybe it referes to the convoys you get from buying information in the taverns?

I will check it out now to confirm!

B3NJY 1993
11-05-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't even know how many convoys I've plundered now, community and single-player, and not a thing. I've even tried plundering every ship in a given convoy, and its still unavailable.

BannedOnce
11-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Same situation here. Feels like a bug.

B3NJY 1993
11-08-2013, 12:27 AM
I just unlocked the Aquila's Figurehead. I plundered a royal convoy, and despite being about my fifth or sixth online one, the figurehead was unlocked.

AllStarTC29sMom
11-28-2013, 04:04 PM
I just unlocked the Aquila's Figurehead. I plundered a royal convoy, and despite being about my fifth or sixth online one, the figurehead was unlocked.

I have plundered countless Royal Convoys, even boarding each and every one of the ships in the convoy, and the figurehead will not unlock. I've been connected to UPlay each and every time also, so this isn't the problem.

FRUSTRATING!!! Please fix this UPlay....:confused:

OwnedByOmar
12-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I have plundered countless Royal Convoys, even boarding each and every one of the ships in the convoy, and the figurehead will not unlock. I've been connected to UPlay each and every time also, so this isn't the problem.

FRUSTRATING!!! Please fix this UPlay....:confused:

Just an FYI it has to be a ship that is carrying 10k loot, no less. Two simple things for this, 10k ship and not sure if it has to be shared or yours.

if anyone has the xbox one, add me so we can share faster, I am destroying them all day.

GT: OwnedByOmar

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 12:59 AM
The Royal Convoy's show up on the map with a Blue/Teal 4R on them. The white ones are normal Navy Convoys.

They are part of the social community stuff through your Uplay friends list. Royal Convoy's, White Whales, and Social Chests all appear on the map in blue/teal, and you should also get a notice when the location for one has been shared with you.

When you get to the location, you should also automatically share the location out to the people on your own friends list.