PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER*** Iwas really enjoying this game until.....***SPOILER.

flyin-bart
11-02-2013, 08:26 PM
This game is great and I was really enjoying it until I reached the James Kidd mission.

That was a TOTAL immersion spoiler.......I'm finding it impossible!! 2 day's now I've been trying to sneak past the Assassin's and I can get as far as the scene with the big lake with the croc in it. I sneak past most of the guards, jump across to the other side (those who have played this part will know what I mean here) and hide in the bushes opposite the stone pillar. I've then tried every conceivable option to move on but get caught every time.

I'm totally stuck. A complete game stopper. This ain't fun anymore now..........................

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

I thought it was a challenge.. but not impossible..

What I did..

At start - stay in the water - go to the far left.. then sneak up to the next section..

In the part you are stuck - If I remember correctly - I went to the far left.. working round by the rock face in the sneak zones... theres a way up the rock face, so you don't need to go across the lake at all? ;)

you may have to take a few out.. and continued up the left side.. knocking out the ones who got too close..

lothario-da-be
11-02-2013, 09:06 PM
It wasn't that hard? If you realy can't get past it, try youtube. The solution is ALWAYS there :p

MIA SILENT
11-02-2013, 09:08 PM
In the part you are stuck - If I remember correctly - I went to the far left.. working round by the rock face in the sneak zones... theres a way up the rock face, so you don't need to go across the lake at all? ;)

This.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 09:11 PM
:rolleyes: I wasn't really paying attention to the route.. so glad I got it right! LOL

I was just finding a path after watching their patrol routes - and that one stuck out.. might not be the best - but worked for me!

flyin-bart
11-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks Mr Shade......

I can't touch any of the guards at all though. As soon as I do the game de-syncs. As soon as I'm spotted it de-syncs. If I throw a smoke bomb it de-syncs. In fact if I do anything other than sneak around it de-syncs. Very frustrating.

I think you are talking about the same bit as I am where you go to the left working around the lake in a clockwise direction. I can get as far as I can, directly opposite where the section started from and that's it. Seems like a dead end. There are two assassin's there, one facing in the direction I need to go and the other pacing toward me and away in the direction I need to go. Opposite there's a stone pillar you can climb up but as soon as the pacing guard turns around he spots me and....de-sync. I've even tried hanging on the ledge but get spotted from another direction with same result. I must be missing something here......

I'll go back and have another go....but for now the game for me is frozen in this one section that keeps repeating over and over :(

AngryRaisin
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Here's a Walkthrough: Sneak into the bushes on the left and wait a few seconds until the roaming guard has walked from the three on the right to stand next to the one on the left. As soon as she turns and stops, beat it to the left up the rock wall (head to the right of the wall but not the boulders) and dive into the shrubs up top.

Sneak to the other end of the shrubs behind the female and as soon as the male has walked by and is standing on the right with his back to you, take out the female (stealth attack) and retreat back into the shrubs. Now sneak back to the right end of the shrubs and wait for the guy to come back and stand with his back to you and then run up behind him and take him out and dive back into the shrubs. Sneak toward the treasure chest and when the female around the corner has walked away, loot the chest.

Wait until she has done her loop again and is around the corner of the wall and dive into the shrubs right by her. As soon as she walks in front of you, take her out and dive back into the shrubs.

Now watch the guy straight across the top and when he walks behind the ruins on the left, jump onto the ruins and to the left. If you get the Alert that he sees you, hang from the wall on the far side where he can't see you and wait for him to go out of sight again, then beat it into the shrubs behind the ruins.

There are a few ways you can take these two out. One is to wait for the looping guy to have his back to you and sneak attack the female in front of you from the shrubs, and then immediately run up on the guy from behind and take him out.

Or the other is to be bold and take out the female when diving for the shrubs after coming up from the wall and then get the guy when he comes over to investigate.

After those two are cleared it's pretty easy to get down to the shrubs below to the right of the big tree that is across from the group of guards. Sneak through the shrubs up towards Kidd and wait until the looping guard turns his back on the left and beat it up to Kidd.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks Mr Shade......

I can't touch any of the guards at all though. As soon as I do the game de-syncs. As soon as I'm spotted it de-syncs. If I throw a smoke bomb it de-syncs. In fact if I do anything other than sneak around it de-syncs. Very frustrating.

if you hit them from behind - you can knock them out and drag into a bush..

Front on = you get spotted..

you need to be sneaky.. stealth them - hide in the sneak zones and 'assassinate' them - or creep up and wack em ;)

You go up the rock face, soon after going into that area with the lake, it's not that far round? - in fact - I think it was close to the first 3 guys?

flyin-bart
11-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks Angry........

I'll try that.

I didn't realise you can take out the guards. I tried earlier on but got de-sync'd.

Cheers for the pointers.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Stealth = key ;)

swellsme1
01-01-2014, 02:40 AM
This sequence is a game ender for me.

I can get close but end up falling off the double tree jump or spotted. I have watched the youtube's, read the hints and after 100 attempts or more cannot get through. Sucks because i was liking the game. The part that pisses me off is how far back you go every time, wait for the game to reload and redo the sections I have done 100 times.

I get that it is supposed to be challenging but save the game stoppers for people not playing the easy setting and are looking for that level of difficulty.

Fatal-Feit
01-01-2014, 04:25 AM
This sequence is a game ender for me.

I can get close but end up falling off the double tree jump or spotted. I have watched the youtube's, read the hints and after 100 attempts or more cannot get through. Sucks because i was liking the game. The part that pisses me off is how far back you go every time, wait for the game to reload and redo the sections I have done 100 times.

I get that it is supposed to be challenging but save the game stoppers for people not playing the easy setting and are looking for that level of difficulty.

I don't mean to be an elite *** or anything but I don't think the developers were intending to make that level difficult at all. Of all my AC:IV playthrough, I was able to easily make it through the entire level while completing the side objectives.

The mission doesn't require you to be patient either. There are tonnes of bushes so I hid in those, either wait for them to come back or whistled, and assassinated barehanded from the bush. Rinse and repeat.

cosmotherobot
04-26-2015, 11:11 PM
I don't mean to be an elite *** or anything but I don't think the developers were intending to make that level difficult at all. Of all my AC:IV playthrough, I was able to easily make it through the entire level while completing the side objectives.

The mission doesn't require you to be patient either. There are tonnes of bushes so I hid in those, either wait for them to come back or whistled, and assassinated barehanded from the bush. Rinse and repeat.

Pretty much ends the game for me too. I'm in the minority I guess , but I can't make it through this section of the game. I've looked at many walkthoughs and videos, I don't get it for whatever reason. It doesn't help that I generally hate stealth missions. So frustrating you have to start over every time.

RosaliSims
12-20-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm stuck on this too. I absolutely cannot get through it... I've tried for hours. I chose the most logical route; I avoid all of the people in front and dive into the bushes on the left, then make a beeline up the hill and into the bush. I wait for the man and the furthest woman to turn their backs, then I whistle to signal the woman next to me and try to attack her from behind. Annnd that's where I get caught because, instead of sneakily dragging her into the bushes like it should, my character decides to wack her and linger in the air. Instant de-sync. It's driving me bonkers how stupid that character is (or maybe the touchiness of the controls). Some of the tries ended with him running past the woman and getting caught by all three of them. I... I can't do it. He either wacks her in the face or runs past her like an idiot. Is it MEANT to be this way? Gaaahhhh. I was loving this game until THIS happened. 100 tries later...

veronica5585
12-22-2017, 11:59 AM
I don't remember how I passed that part, I mean I don't remember it being particularly difficult idk. I must have used berserk darts, sleep darts.