PDA

View Full Version : Plantations/Warehouse suggestion

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 08:20 AM
So far, I'm up to Sequence 6 and I really love the Plantation/Warehouse concept but I really think these Warehouses should "refill" after a certain number of hours or in-game days. Who else would like this or think it will ruin the game? But if it were to replenish it should decrease the amount of reward you get from it since you last stole from it - and increase back to it's original reward after 'X' amount of times.

Kagurra
11-02-2013, 08:42 AM
So basically Far Cry 3 thing that everybody wanted but never got. (I just made a gamesave with the main game beat but no outposts so I could reload every time.) But there were tons of those in that game, I doubt there are that many in comparison in AC4, but I haven't played it yet. It's not a bad idea, adds replay value. I don't think it will see the light of day though.

Krayus Korianis
11-02-2013, 09:22 AM
It really should refill itself. After all, it's a damn plantation. They have to have stuff!

roostersrule2
11-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I would like them to refill, same with forts but the map wouldn't go back to it's original state, it'd still be unfogged or whatever,

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 10:22 AM
It really should refill itself. After all, it's a damn plantation. They have to have stuff!

LOL, that was what I was thinking when I first did one and checked it again!

lothario-da-be
11-02-2013, 10:59 AM
They don't refill? I am pretty sure i did a plantation twice. Or both islands just looked exactly the same.

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 11:20 AM
They don't refill? I am pretty sure i did a plantation twice. Or both islands just looked exactly the same.

They don't, I've been checking one constantly on the south east of the map and it hasn't changed at all. So you must have been to a similar island =P

lothario-da-be
11-02-2013, 11:27 AM
They don't, I've been checking one constantly on the south east of the map and it hasn't changed at all. So you must have been to a similar island =P
lol, did you just checked the map if the logo was still gold or did you tried to raid it? i thought the logo stays gold forever but they do refill. But i could be wrong of course.

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
lol, did you just checked the map if the logo was still gold or did you tried to raid it? i thought the logo stays gold forever but they do refill. But i could be wrong of course.
Hmmm... I need to check this but I pretty sure they don't, Gold on the map means you found everything in the location...I'll check tomorrow as it is getting late where I am...

Lass4r
11-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Why do you think they dont refill? Ubi have been saying they do since they were announced. That being said, none of mine (discovered 3 or 4 so far) have replenished yet. The havana one emptied itself because I logged out just after discovering it.

lothario-da-be
11-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Maybe they refill afther lets say 5 hours or something.

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Maybe they refill afther lets say 5 hours or something.

Can't be, I've had one empty for like 6-7 hours(I think, as I have be fooling around and upgrading) even though Ubi confirmed it (as someone else said before). OR maybe my game is bugged, or it just takes forever like, say, 10 hours?

AcidRelic
11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
They do refill, I have raided most of the plantations on islands at least twice. I just zoom in on the map and see if it says empty or not. It stays grey either way but they DO refill.

andreG1ant
11-02-2013, 08:31 PM
They do refill, I have raided most of the plantations on islands at least twice. I just zoom in on the map and see if it says empty or not. It stays grey either way but they DO refill.

Why haven't mine? They stay "empty"?

Landruner
11-03-2013, 12:05 AM
So far, I'm up to Sequence 6 and I really love the Plantation/Warehouse concept but I really think these Warehouses should "refill" after a certain number of hours or in-game days. Who else would like this or think it will ruin the game? But if it were to replenish it should decrease the amount of reward you get from it since you last stole from it - and increase back to it's original reward after 'X' amount of times.

I do not know who in the development team had that very smart idea to leave them empty after a raid? Honestly, it makes sense that they have to refill after a while,
Besides, I did not pay attention but if you don't raid the ones in the city when you approach them (a foot feet away from the red restricted area) you have to raid them immediately if not you loose the goods forever (???). Rubbish idea indeed?
I Hope they update this with a patch/updates - To make sure that they don't brake the economic system notably for having supplies for the ship upgrade they come back with a bit of less supplies and/or every 1 or 2 hours playing time.

The same for the forts Extended Gameplay - The Spanish of British should try to take the fort back once in the while - After 2 or 3 hours a gameplay
but (Not as a ACR's Den defense)
If player is next to the assault, player can rescue it and get rid of the ships attacking the fort in some naval battle, if player is too late, well we have 2 option available to the player choice - first option, player can try to take them back with the ship like the first time...or second option, infiltrating the fort and play a stealthy game through the fort to make our way up to the governor quarter and get ride of him.

Wolfmeister1010
11-03-2013, 12:16 AM
GUYS! Lol, they do refill! I have done multiple warehouses/plantations in the cities and islands more than once. This was one of the things Ash was advertising about the game! I am very surprised so many people voted yes when everyone should have known this.

Where is the option for "this already exists"?

Wolfmeister1010
11-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Why haven't mine? They stay "empty"?

Bug

Or not enough game time has passed, in which case you have to play more.

Based on the shear number of plantations, even if there is one that takes a while to replenish, there will always be a plantation available somewhere.

ladyleonhart
11-03-2013, 12:29 AM
Wolf is definitely right. :) Warehouses do replenish after a time.

I infiltrated warehouses in three different locations and by the time I revisited the second location again, it was full again. :D

I'm not sure if it is timed or based on distance travelled or perhaps it depends on how many other things you do first. The most important thing is they do replenish. :D You should be able to check on your map though. At least, that's what I have been doing. ;)

Landruner
11-03-2013, 07:10 AM
GUYS! Lol, they do refill! I have done multiple warehouses/plantations in the cities and islands more than once. This was one of the things Ash was advertising about the game! I am very surprised so many people voted yes when everyone should have known this.

Where is the option for "this already exists"?

Actually the plantations on the Islands do refill - I tried it just after writing the post above - However & apparently the ones in the Cities (Nassau and Kingston) don't (?) - The plantations are busy with guards, the location is red restricted, but the warehouses are empty & the goal to find with guard with the keys do not start at all. I tried several times and the refill is still empty - So, if you can do it in your game, well some copies must have some problems?:nonchalance: BTW, Ashraf Ismail advertised that the islands were big as "continents" for the player to explore, which is not really the case...

KillaMarshmalla
11-04-2013, 04:20 AM
I just redid a plantation that I beat earlier and it said empty on the map but when I got the key I looted it and got some stuff. Not sure why it says empty though.

hamNdoritos
11-04-2013, 04:37 AM
I'm positive I heard it from Ash that they do refill because it was somewhere along the lines where you can come back to loot again later. And it wouldn't make any sense for them to write the word "Empty" if it doesn't have the chance of saying "FULL". If it doesn't refill, then the dev team would've just taken the icon off as completed task much like if you loot a big chest and you can no longer loot it again. But since the icon remains as well as the Restricted Area and the announcement in the map if it's empty or not, should mean that it does get refilled

Wolfmeister1010
11-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Actually the plantations on the Islands do refill - I tried it just after writing the post above - However & apparently the ones in the Cities (Nassau and Kingston) don't (?) - The plantations are busy with guards, the location is red restricted, but the warehouses are empty & the goal to find with guard with the keys do not start at all. I tried several times and the refill is still empty - So, if you can do it in your game, well some copies must have some problems?:nonchalance: BTW, Ashraf Ismail advertised that the islands were big as "continents" for the player to explore, which is not really the case...

I never said the island ones dont refill...in fact, I was trying to prove the opposite..so not quite sure what you are trying to say.

Also, guess what genius?

Ash said pretty early on after the game was announced that not ALL of the land would be explorable, as that would be WAY too much space to fill. It makes sense really. He said early on that for places such as cuba, you could not go too deep off coast.

Dont go accusing Ash of lying. He made an amazing game, and poured his heart into it, but it still is not enough for some people, who complain about how "you cant shoot seagulls" or "you cant explore the entire continents of cuba and jamaica in videogame".

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I killed a turtle whih a berserk dart. Kind of sad, really. Just lifeless and all. I mean, you can't den skin them it's so sad. Lol

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I never said the island ones dont refill...in fact, I was trying to prove the opposite..so not quite sure what you are trying to say.

Also, guess what genius?

Ash said pretty early on after the game was announced that not ALL of the land would be explorable, as that would be WAY too much space to fill. It makes sense really. He said early on that for places such as cuba, you could not go too deep off coast.

Dont go accusing Ash of lying. He made an amazing game, and poured his heart into it, but it still is not enough for some people, who complain about how "you cant shoot seagulls" or "you cant explore the entire continents of cuba and jamaica in videogame".lolololololol

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I killed a turtle whih a berserk dart. Kind of sad, really. Just lifeless and all. I mean, you can't den skin them it's so sad. LolTurtles are actually my favourite part of the game.

Lass4r
11-04-2013, 03:23 PM
If plantations DO replenish, it either takes a long long time, or you have to raid all the plantations in the game before they restock again. Ive been playing for many tens of hours, and none of my plantations restocked yet. I still havent raided one or two of them though.

Ritterkreuz1978
11-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Simple, yet utterly accurate. Your single sentence post is an absolute win in this thread.

luckyto
11-04-2013, 05:07 PM
If plantations DO replenish, it either takes a long long time, or you have to raid all the plantations in the game before they restock again. And another which I raided successfully, and it still hasn't replenished. Ive been playing for many tens of hours, and none of my plantations restocked yet. I still haven't raided one or two of them though.

The weird thing is that I have one plantation that I did raid twice. But I have two more emptied warehouses/plantations that have been sitting empty for an eternity - which emptied because I left the area without raiding the warehouse. (By the time I got the warning, it was too late). I have clocked 10's of hours and still - they have not refilled.

Ashraf promised that they would replenish. There is some mechanic or trigger or time length (maybe it's real-life time) which will open them back up. Really hope someone will figure it out.

twenty_glyphs
11-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't have the official strategy guide in front of me right now and won't for many hours, but I just read this in passing last night. I think it said something like 3 out of every 8 warehouses have a chance to be restocked at the same time, so they're not all restocked at once. I don't remember what the time interval is for them restocking.

twenty_glyphs
11-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Just checked the guide. It says that a random 3 out of the 8 total warehouses is stocked at a time. When you raid one, a random warehouse from the other 5 that weren't filled will be chosen to be restocked after a 5 minute cool down period. It doesn't say how this works when you haven't discovered all the warehouses yet.

luckyto
11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
So to trigger the next one replenishing, I have to raid other warehouses? Is that right?

Landruner
11-06-2013, 12:06 AM

Also, guess what genius?

Dont go accusing Ash of lying. He made an amazing game, and poured his heart into it, but it still is not enough for some people, who complain about how "you cant shoot seagulls" or "you cant explore the entire continents of cuba and jamaica in videogame".

1/ I never wrote that you wrote the plantation did not refill - I was confirming what you wrote, at least for the Island's ones, but apparently they don't refill in the cities (???)

2/ "Genius", I don't like your condescending tone!

3/ Ash as you call him said a lot of things during a lot of interviews in a lot of different events, some were pure hype some were true - It is normal he is an Artistic Creative to do that, and like of some others, he just presented his "baby" the way he conceived it, and perhaps not the way we received it during those interviews. I did not accused him of lying...But he really did indeed talk about Havana with the big Island of Cuba that you could visit.... he did not mention that the locations will Hubs around the Island.

4/ I do not if you refer to me, but I have never complained about not able to shoot the seagulls or else (???).

My point is that you seem to be a bit overreacting especially against someone who did not really tried to argue with you in first place - I never accused anyone of lying, I do enjoy the game as much as you do, and I did not troll you in my previous replies, and I even engaged some nice recent conversations with you on some other threads, however, this is a public forum that makes people exchanging opinions...

Plain_1nsane
12-28-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm playing on PS4 and all my warehouses have refilled but there is no keyholder to kill.

I'm just going to assume this is a broken mechanic and add it to the pile of things I don't like.

Kagurra
12-28-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm playing on PS4 and all my warehouses have refilled but there is no keyholder to kill.

I'm just going to assume this is a broken mechanic and add it to the pile of things I don't like.

My warehouses are working perfectly on Xbox one. Refilling really fast actually, at least compared to what they used to respawn at.

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I shot a turtle too. And then I was sad, cuz I couldn't skin it. :(

Also yes, they said pretty early on that not all the world would be exploitable. And anyone with a little experience in gaming could see why.

oliacr
12-28-2013, 12:36 PM
They refill and respawn. If i remember correctly

pirate1802
12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
The city ones refill too. I remember raiding the Kingston plantation multiple times (and then reloading because of that stupid glitch.)

Plain_1nsane
12-31-2013, 01:17 PM
They are working as intended. But the intended system is bollocks.

DinoSteve1
12-31-2013, 02:21 PM
meh, I never really go out of my way to raid them the take is so small it hardly seems worth it, you can earn far more pirating ships.