PDA

View Full Version : AC:IV Double kills

Captain-Hawke
11-02-2013, 05:05 AM
Hey all

Did they remove in combat double kills in this one? Like in AC3 where two enemies would attack at once and you could do a counter double kill, or the double pistol kills?

I haven't yet seen an opportunity to do any, that's a shame, they were fun to do

hamNdoritos
11-02-2013, 05:16 AM
i think theres already a thread on this. I've read it here just yesterday. According to some players, they said that it hasn't been removed because they were able to encounter a double counter kill but it's a lot rarer to happen now.

deskp
11-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Its still there, but you obviously need 2 enemies to attack at one for it to happen.. and u need to hit couter twize.

JDrizzle117
11-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Yeah...good luck ever getting it happen. The combat in this game is a massive disappointment. It's sluggish, imprecise, and most enemies just stand around waiting for each to take his turn attacking you...it's worse than AC1. It's sad because there are so many things to like about this game, but the combat system sucks!!! What happened to the kill animations when you come up behind someone with a weapon other than your hidden blade? Gone. Challenge of more than one enemy attacking at once? That's gone too. Fluid animations, responsive controls? Gone. I don't know why they did this, AC3 was light years better in terms of combat.

Captain-Hawke
11-03-2013, 03:50 PM
You can still kill somebody from behind with the swords but you have to press the sprint button + the attack button together just near them, but yes it does feel like its a step backwards in melee combat, I also miss being able to have a side arm like you could in the other games(Dagger etc) they put more variety into it, and lots more kill animations etc and you could pull off 2-3 double kills in a few minutes in AC3, it's been like 5 hours into AC4 and I've never once had the opportunity to do a single one

chibi_andy
11-04-2013, 09:07 AM
well as for me it took me over 5 hours to get ONE double counter kill. and i haven't seen it since then.

plentybeef
11-04-2013, 09:15 AM
I got mine at the end in the first missin of sequence 1

Edit- I done it more than once but no more than four

Legendz54
11-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Only happened once for me.

roostersrule2
11-04-2013, 09:38 AM
I haven't done one yet.

sladey229
12-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Hey all

Did they remove in combat double kills in this one? Like in AC3 where two enemies would attack at once and you could do a counter double kill, or the double pistol kills?

I haven't yet seen an opportunity to do any, that's a shame, they were fun to do

after having only done 1 in 12 hours of gameplay I tried some suggestions from others and am now finding it more and more frequent , for me it works best when u have 3 opponenets, block oncoming attacks with counter button (only press it once don't throw them) and then move around n position urself near the other 2 enemies and they will attack at same time , performed 4 double counters in a few minutes doing this. this all works best with the standard guards not the brutes etc.

sladey229
12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
after having only done 1 in 12 hours of gameplay I tried some suggestions from others and am now finding it more and more frequent , for me it works best when u have 3 opponenets, block oncoming attacks with counter button (only press it once don't throw them) and then move around n position urself near the other 2 enemies and they will attack at same time , performed 4 double counters in a few minutes doing this. this all works best with the standard guards not the brutes etc.

oh and the double pistol kills are still there jus get a kill streak going an hit 'Y' near opponent

Scystab
12-03-2013, 11:35 AM
oh and the double pistol kills are still there jus get a kill streak going an hit 'Y' near opponent

Yes but it doesn't work with dual swords, sadly. You need to pick up ONE sword from the enemy and then start a chain and then perform a double pistol kill.
However, you can also perform a duble pistol kill with your fists or hidden blades (something you couldn't do in AC3). I guess you just need a free hand :)

PS: I'm not that far in the story but I would assume it works with thh rope dart aswell. Since I'm a PC player I don't know how it is with the throwing knives, since that is broken for us.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes but it doesn't work with dual swords sadly. You need to pick up ONE sword from the enemy and then start a cahin and then perform a double pistol kill. However, you can also perform a duble pistol kill with your fists or hidden blades (something you couldn't do in AC3). I guess you just need a free hand :)

Hm... I would say "Are you sure about that?" but I do remember trying to do that and failing with the normal swords out, but I did it earlier, with what must have been the hidden blades.

EDIT: Just did a double pistol kill with the swords out and I have actually done it before, I just forgot about it. Seeing the animation has reminded me. It's pretty BA.

Landruner
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey allDid they remove in combat double kills in this one? Like in AC3 where two enemies would attack at once and you could do a counter double kill, or the double pistol kills?I haven't yet seen an opportunity to do any, that's a shame, they were fun to doDouble kills are there but they are not that frequent to get as it was the case for AC3 - I got at least 7 double kill events during my play through. Note: They only happen on Land not while fighting on the ships.

AC3 there were at 3 different animations for the double kill events In AC4 only 1 animation is there and Eddy has a finishing kick move to the face of the last of the 2 foes at the end of the animation sequence

Landruner
12-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes but it doesn't work with dual swords, sadly. You need to pick up ONE sword from the enemy and then start a chain and then perform a double pistol kill.
However, you can also perform a duble pistol kill with your fists or hidden blades (something you couldn't do in AC3). I guess you just need a free hand :)

PS: I'm not that far in the story but I would assume it works with thh rope dart aswell. Since I'm a PC player I don't know how it is with the throwing knives, since that is broken for us.

It works with the double swords but that the same animation that occurs...

Anyway combat system in AC4 is really disappointing and it does not seem polished. Comparing to AC3 (AC game that uses the same combat system) it is actually surprisingly disappointing.
You have a latency in the command, time to time you have distance collision for the impact. For the ones that like this feature, the force feedback is missing for the hit given by the player. And sometimes they are some over the shoulder Camera issues as well during the fight that goes to fast around , (You can set the speed camera but if you too is too slow then) ...

The all fight system feels loose and random.

In short: System combat did not improve at all in AC4, it directly went one step backward comparing to AC3, which is annoying since with the pirate theme that is the only AC that fighting tons of foes in multiple battle makes sense....

Scystab
12-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey. After today's patch it worked for me too, with the double swords, so I have to apologise :) But do believe me that I coudln't do that before the patch :)

EDIT: just managed a double sword + pistol kill while boarding a ship, so I guess we cleared that can happen both on land and sea, aswell.